Jesus ? "Not God" ? Savior ?

Comments

• Many trintarians who reject the Name of God, also reject the Baptism in the Name of his Christ. Many Religions have removed God's Holy and Sacred Name claiming Jehovah is a made up Name. If that was true, then why leave names in the Bible that bear witness to the Name JEHOVAH, like Jesus, John, and Elijah along with many others??

• Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation'
    • John means 'Jehovah has been Gracious'
    • Elijah means 'My God is Jehovah'
    • Hallelujah means 'Praise Jah" which is short for Jehovah

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521

You know some facts about God. Good for you. Better yet is to know Him personally as your Lord, God, and Savior.

• @BroRando November 27 Many trintarians who reject the Name of God, also reject the Baptism in the Name of his Christ.

Curious about credible source(s) for trinitarian idea assertion ? (puzzling wording reminds me of oxymoronic ideas)

Comment on October 30 documents many unfulfilled predictions by the Watchtower Society (JW.org) in various publications, which proves the Society is NOT the correct communication channel to/for God (fails simple test of 100% accuracy).

@BroRando November 27 Many Religions have removed God's Holy and Sacred Name claiming Jehovah is a made up Name.

Thread God's Sacred and Holy Name... includes quotes from The Emphasized Bible introduction and The Catholic Encyclopedia about "Jehovah" sounding of God's Holy Name dating back to 1520 AD (500 years ago).

Curious about credible religious source(s) for name removal. Again JW.org is NOT a credible source due to failing 100% accuracy for predictions.

@BroRando November 27 If that was true, then why leave names in the Bible that bear witness to the Name JEHOVAH, like Jesus, John, and Elijah along with many others??

Names like Jesus, Joshua, Isaiah, John, and Elijah bear witness to four Hebrew letters יהוה (Tetragrammaton) while NOT bearing witness to יהוה pronounciation. Hebrew language has 22 consonants (sometimes two letters function as a vowel). Between 500 & 1000 AD, Masoretes added vowel markings showing what they heard. About 500 years after completion of Masoretic vowel addition came "Jehovah" hybrid sound combination (by a gentile).

My Jewish Learning has "What is the Tetragrammaton ?" The unpronounceable four-letter name of God

@BroRando November 22 The "I am" that is Commander of Jehovah's Army is Michael the Archangel with his Sword drawn. He later became the root and decendant of David, the bright morning star.

If you believe Jesus is Michael the Archangel, then why would the Jewish Rabbi Jesus command Jewish disciples of Jesus to be believing in Jesus the same as believing in The God ?

πιστεύετε εἰς τὸν θεόν, καὶ εἰς ἐμὲ πιστεύετε

Holmes, M. W. (2011–2013). The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition (Jn 14:1). Lexham Press; Society of Biblical Literature.

Be Ye Believing in The God, also in Me Be Ye Believing (my literal translation showing continuous believing action command in present time)

John 14:1-31 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in אלהים God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places; but if not, I would have told you, because I am going away to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, so that where I am, you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “יהוה Lord, we do not know where you are going. How are we able to know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you know him and have seen him.” Philip said to him, “יהוה Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Am I with you so long a time and you have not known me, Philip? The one who has seen me has seen the Father! How can you say, ‘Show us the Father?’ Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from myself, but the Father residing in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly I say to you, the one who believes in me, the works that I am doing he will do also, and he will do greater works than these because I am going to the Father. And whatever you ask in my name, I will do this, in order that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, in order that he may be with you forever — the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it does not see him or know him. You know him, because he resides with you and will be in you. “I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you. Yet a little time and the world will see me no longer, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. The one who has my commandments and keeps them — that one is the one who loves me. And the one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “יהוה Lord, why is it that you are going to reveal yourself to us and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves me he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and will take up residence with him. The one who does not love me does not keep my words, and the word that you hear is not mine, but the Father’s who sent me. These things I have spoken to you while residing with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name — that one will teach you all things, and will remind you of everything that I said to you. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you — not as the world gives, I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. You have heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away, and I am coming to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am. And now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe. I will no longer speak much with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no power over me. But so that the world may know that I love the Father, and just as the Father has commanded me, thus I am doing. Get up, let us go from here!

Truly, what is humility ? How great is אלהים God's Love ❤️ ?

Philippians 2:5-18 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => Think this in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, existing in the form of אלהים God, did not consider being equal with אלהים God something to be grasped, but emptied himself by taking the form of a slave, by becoming in the likeness of people. And being found in appearance like a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, that is, death on a cross. Therefore also אלהים God exalted him and graciously granted him the name above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth and of those under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is יהוה Lord, to the glory of אלהים God the Father. Therefore my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For the one at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure, is אלהים God. Do all things without grumbling and disputing, in order that you may become blameless and innocent, children of אלהים God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you shine as stars in the world, holding fast to the word of life, for a source of pride to me in the day of Christ, that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and rejoice with all of you. And in the same way also you rejoice and rejoice with me.

While on my knees, my heart Rejoiced to say: Lord Jesus Christ, κύριος Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς, יהוה Yeshua HaMashiach (with correct vowels, יהוה is immensely Holy so gave me reason to Thank אלהים God with tears of gratitude for יהוה Yahweh of Hosts redeeming me from my sins). 🙏Praying for אלהים God's Holy Healing in all life domains for every human: heart (emotional), mind (mental), soul (social), strength (physical), & worship (spiritual) 🙏

@BroRando November 22 Since you both deny Jesus... maybe this can help your brainwashed mind that is dulited against Jesus. Ask him for Help.

If you truly want to know & experience יהוה Yeshua HaMashiach (who is not Michael the Archangel), sincerely ask יהוה Yeshua HaMashiach.

@BroRando November 22 But you don't beleive in Jesus... to beleive in the Lord Jesus, you would have know what the NAME means. And you wholeheartly reject the Name JESUS. Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation' and like the demons they too reject Jesus.

Jesus = Yeshua = יהוה Salvation

Matthew 1:18-25 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => Now the birth of Jesus Christ occurred in this way. His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant by the Holy Spirit. So Joseph her husband, being righteous and not wanting to disgrace her, intended to divorce her secretly. But as he was considering these things, behold, an angel of the יהוה Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for what has been conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. And she will give birth to a son, and you will call his name ‘Jesus,’ because he will save his people from their sins.” Now all this happened in order that what was spoken by the יהוה Lord through the prophet would be fulfilled, saying, “Behold, the virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will call his name Emmanuel,” which is translated, “אלהים God with us.” And Joseph, when he woke up from sleep, did as the angel of the יהוה Lord commanded him, and he took his wife and did not have sexual relations with her until she gave birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

Matthew 7:1-6 LEB => “Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For by what judgment you judge, you will be judged, and by what measure you measure out, it will be measured out to you. And why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the beam of wood in your own eye? Or how will you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to remove the speck from your eye,’ and behold, the beam of wood is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the beam of wood from your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye! “Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls in front of pigs, lest they trample them with their feet, and turn around and tear you to pieces.

@BroRando November 22 I'll pray for you but it's like preaching to the demons about Jesus, they already know and rejected Jesus as the Christ as you have done. That's why trintarians have removed Christ from scritpure. See how the demons you work with removed Christ? Let me show you.

@BroRando November 22 And he healed many ⌊who were sick⌋ with various diseases and expelled many demons. And he did not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him. to be Christ. (Mark 1:34 LEB)

Koine Greek language does not use parenthesis () for punctuation. What is the meaning of parenthesis for (Χριστὸν εἶναι) in your Mark 1:34 screen shot image ?

How many Bible translations on Bible Hub do not have "to be Christ" in Mark 1:34 ?

FYI: LEB has footnote following ⌊who were sick⌋ => Literally “who were having badly”

Harris, W. H., III, Ritzema, E., Brannan, R., Mangum, D., Dunham, J., Reimer, J. A., & Wierenga, M., eds. (2012). The Lexham English Bible. Lexham Press.

@BroRando November 22 So is removing Christ from scripture christian or antichristian?

Searching Westcott Hort for <Lemma = lbs/el/Χριστός> finds 8 results in 8 verses within Mark: seven of them not having parenthetical marking. Searching Westcott Hort for <Lemma = lbs/el/Ἰησοῦς> finds 81 results in 79 verses within Mark.

Why does the name of Jesus appear in the Gospel of Mark an order of magnitude more than the title of Christ ?

Keep Smiling 😊

• Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Noticed @BroRando answered none of my questions & requests in my earlier November 27 reply.

How is Seven Day Adventist (SDA) Mark of the Beast on topic for this thread ? (appears to be a distraction away from theological discussion)

MARK OF THE BEAST.  In Rev. 13 an identifying “mark” that represents submission to the authority of the first, or leopardlike, beast mentioned in the chapter, during the time of its eschatological revival, when an attempt is made to extend its authority over the entire world. Like most of the Revelation, the thirteenth chapter is essentially symbolic. In the imagery of the chapter the first beast represents a human religious system allied with the supernatural powers of evil, and opposed to God in the person of those on earth who choose to be loyal to Him (vs. 1, 2, 7). The second, or lamblike beast, is presented as the agent by which the authority of the first beast is made universal (v. 12). The device used to force compliance is to require a “mark” of allegiance of all in their forehead (mental assent) or in their hand (outward conformity). The announced alternative to compliance is the application of extreme economic sanctions, and eventually the death penalty (vs. 15–17). In the Revelation the mark of the beast stands in contradistinction to the seal of God (Rev. 7:2–4). See also Revelation, Interpretation of.

In general, commentaries on the Apocalypse prior to the fourteenth century are content to explain the mark of the beast simply as a mark of the coming antichrist. From the fourteenth century onward pre-Reformation and Protestant expositors have identified it as a mark of submission to the Papacy. Walter Brute, a Wycliffite writer on prophecy, considered it to be the supposedly indelible imprint made by the sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church upon those who receive them (L. E. Froom, Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers, vol. 2, p. 86). Others, such as John Purvey, who, upon Wycliff’s death, took his place, regarded the mark received in the hand to be compliance with works prescribed by the church, and on the forehead, as the public profession of papal teachings (ibid., p. 99). Reformation writers identified it as subservience to the canons, decrees, and traditions of Rome or Rome’s power to excommunicate (ibid., pp. 300, 306, 342, 367, 461, 462, 616, 617, 678). New World expositors took a similar view of it (ibid., vol. 3, pp. 40, 96, 353; vol. 4, pp. 95, 247).

From the beginning Seventh-day Adventists have connected the mark of the beast with the observance in the future of Rome’s counterfeit of the Bible Sabbath, when it will be enforced by law and observed as a token of submission to Roman authority.

In the second edition of his pamphlet The Seventh Day Sabbath, a Perpetual Sign (January 1847), Joseph Bates asked (p. 59), “Is it not clear that the first day of the week for the Sabbath or holy day [of which he speaks on page 57 as “a perpetual covenant” of allegiance to the true God] is a mark of the beast?” Writing to Bates in April 1847, Ellen White identified receiving the mark of the beast as the act of giving up “God’s Sabbath,” and keeping “the Pope’s [sabbath]” (A Word to the “Little Flock,” p. 19). James White similarly wrote: “The observance of the first day as a day of holy rest, instead of the seventh, is a mark of the beast, it undoubtedly is the mark mentioned in the solemn message of the third angel” (Present Truth 1:68, April 1850).

In 1851 Roswell F. Cottrell called the mark of the beast “the counterfeit sabbath of Rome” (Review and Herald 2:40, Oct. 7, 1851). J. N. Andrews spoke of the mark as an “institution of papacy, enforced by Protestantism” (The Three Messages of Revelation XIV, 6–12, 1860 ed., p. 99).

Perhaps the earliest full Seventh-day Adventist statement on the mark of the beast occurs in an article by J. N. Loughborough in 1854: “The Sabbath is a sign between God and His people [Ex. 31:13–18 and Ex. 20:19, 20 previously cited]; hence it seals His law as genuine. As the seal of an earthly monarch is a sign between him and His subjects, so the Sabbath is a sign between the Lord and his subjects, that they may know Him from all others. Take this fourth commandment from the ten, and the seal of the living God is gone, and the knowledge of their author is taken from us. Here is where Papacy has aimed a blow. The Pope has taken away the seal of the living God, and the ten commandments as taught by him do not contain it. . . . [Cites catechism on the substitution of Sunday for the Sabbath on the basis of church authority.] In place of God’s seal or mark, we have Sunday attached to the law. It does not point out the living God but claims to be instituted on the authority of the Papal church. Yea, it points to the Pope. It is ’the mark of the beast.’ The two-horned beast is to cause all ’to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads.’ We do not suppose that this is a mark, visible in the forehead; but as we have already shown, it is Sunday. The forehead is the seat of the mind. There the decision is made by men whether they will keep this institution or not. This mark is also to be received in the right hand” (Review and Herald 5:75, 79, Mar. 28, 1854).

Just what the reception of the mark in the right hand might be Loughborough was not sure, but suggested the raising of the right hand in taking an oath to observe Sunday, in order to secure exemption from the economic sanctions of Rev. 13:16, 17. He was clear, however, in making it “an event yet future.”

In his classic commentary, Thoughts on the Revelation (1865, i.e., 1867), Uriah Smith, foremost early Seventh-day Adventist expositor of Bible prophecy, wrote: “To receive the mark of the beast in the forehead, is, we understand, to give the assent of the mind and judgment to his [the first beast’s] authority, in the adoption of that institution which constitutes the mark; to receive it in the hand is to signify allegiance by some outward act. The mark is the mark, not of the two-horned beast, nor of the image of the beast, but of the papal beast. . . . The mark of the beast is understood to be a counterfeit Sabbath which is erected in opposition to the Sabbath of Jehovah, which we have shown on chap. vii, 1–3, to be the seal of the living God” (p. 224).

Seventh-day Adventists emphatically deny that anyone now has the mark of the beast. For instance, James White in an 1852 editorial stated: “We do not teach that those ’that keep the first day as a Sabbath, and they that believe the Sabbath is abolished, have the mark of the beast” (Review and Herald 2:100, Mar. 2, 1852).

As he goes on to explain, it is only after the Sabbath message has been fully proclaimed and after the observance of the first day of the week is enforced by law that this line of demarcation between the faithful and the unfaithful will be drawn. A number of years later Uriah Smith wrote in similar vein. “We do not hold that Sunday-keeping will constitute the mark of the beast, till enforced by the government in direct opposition to the Sabbath of the Lord” (Review and Herald 44:52, July 28, 1874).

Ellen White stressed this aspect of the subject in 1888: “When Sunday observance shall be enforced by law, and the world shall be enlightened concerning the obligation of the true Sabbath, then whoever shall transgress the command of God, to obey a precept which has no higher authority than that of Rome, will thereby honor popery above God. . . . They will thereby accept the sign of allegiance to Rome—’the mark of the beast” (GC 449; Ev 233, 234).

In 1899 she declared: “No one has yet received the mark of the beast. The testing time has not yet come. There are true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion. None are condemned until they have had the light and have seen the obligation of the fourth commandment” (Ev 234).

The Seventh-Day Adventist Encyclopedia (Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1996).

Revelation 13:1-18 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) => And I saw coming up out of the sea a beast that had ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns ten royal headbands, and on its heads a blasphemous name. And the beast that I saw was similar to a leopard, and its feet were like a bear’s, and its mouth was like the mouth of a lion, and the dragon gave it his power and his throne and great authority. And one of its heads appeared as though slaughtered to death, and its fatal wound had been healed. And the whole earth was astonished and followed after the beast. And they worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to make war with him? And a mouth was given to him speaking great things and blasphemies, and authority to act was given to him for forty-two months. And he opened his mouth for blasphemies toward אלהים God, to blaspheme his name and his dwelling, those who live in heaven. And it was given to him to make war with the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given to him over every tribe and people and language and nation. And all those who live on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name is not written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered. If anyone has an ear, let him hear! If anyone is going into captivity, into captivity he goes. If anyone is to be killed by the sword, by the sword he is to be killed. Here is the patient endurance and the faith of the saints. And I saw another beast coming up from the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb, and he was speaking like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast on behalf of him, and he causes the earth and those who live in it to worship the first beast whose fatal wound had been healed. And he performs great signs, so that he even causes fire from heaven to come down to the earth before people. And he deceives those who live on the earth because of the signs that it has been granted to him to perform on behalf of the beast, telling those who live on the earth to make an image to the beast who has the wound of the sword and yet lived. And it was given to him to put breath into the image of the beast, in order that the image of the beast both spoke and caused that all those, unless they worshiped the image of the beast, should be killed. And he causes all people, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the slave, that they give them a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and that no one was able to buy or to sell except the one who had the mark — the name of the beast or the number of his name. Here is wisdom: the one who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number, and his number is six hundred sixty-six.

FWIW: vaccine passports in various stages of implementation around the world reminds me of phrase "no one was able to buy or to sell except the one who had the mark" so wonder about mark of the beast harbinger (along with wondering how SDA mark of the beast video relates to any of my questions & requests in my earlier November 27 reply, especially since am not aware of video presentor being engaged in this discussion).

Keep Smiling 😊

• The latin language did not have a "J" or "Y". So the catholic grammarian Gian Giorgio Trissino was speaking about the Latin Language in 1525. That's why he was triynig to compare the letter "I" in Latin to the letter "J" in English.

The letter J can be prounced two ways Jah as in Jam or G as in Gee. Jah-ovah or Gee-ovah. The J could be the latter as Jesus is often prounced as Gee-sus. So the decpetion that Jehovah is latinized is apostate thinking. One could say the same thing about the name Jesus is also Latinized but this is not true. The Latin Name for God is IEHOVAH and is easily detected as LATIN.

Latin word IEHOVAH translated to Englsih Jehovah

https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=en&text=IEHOVAH &op=translate

So Iehovah is the latinized form of God's Name and Jehovah is the English form of God"s Name. Look through other languages to come up with varations. Translations have the ability to detect the language as you look at the links. 

Jehovah in Hebrew is יהוה https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=iw&text=Jehovah&op=translate

Jehovah in Greek is Ιεχώβα https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=el&text=Jehovah&op=translate

Jesus in Hebrew is יֵשׁוּעַ https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=iw&text=Jesus&op=translate

Jesus in Greek is Ιησούς https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=el&text=Jesus&op=translate

No matter what language is used the MEANING never changes. You are unable to erase the true God JEHOVAH from scripture. EVERY time you use Jesus in any language or form it still means "Jehovah is Salvation" and thus glorifies the God and Father.

"and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." (Phillippians 2:11)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth

@BroRando

"...no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit."

Is Jesus your Lord?

Is Jesus your Jehovah?

• 1 Corinthians 8:6

there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

2 Corinthians 11:31

The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, the One who is to be praised forever, knows I am not lying.

No matter what language is used the MEANING never changes. You are unable to erase the true God JEHOVAH from scripture. EVERY time you use Jesus in any language or form it still means "Jehovah is Salvation" and thus glorifies the God and Father.

"and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." (Phillippians 2:11)

• Truth
    edited November 2021

@BroRando

Is it the devil or the Watchtower or something else that makes you unable to answer such simple questions as those asked above?

Is "Lord" Jehovah or not? If so, there is one Jehovah, Jesus Christ. Is Jesus your Jehovah or not?

If Jesus is not your Jehovah then your Watchtower Jehovah is a fraud.

• The trinity is absent because it is not Chrsitian. NO JESUS CHRIST IN THE TRINTY!

1 Corinthians 8:6

there is actually to us one Godthe Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one LordJesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

• @BroRando November 27 The latin language did not have a "J" or "Y".

We agree. Wikipedia => Latin alphabet includes:

It was not until the Middle Ages that the letter ⟨W⟩ (originally a ligature of two ⟨V⟩s) was added to the Latin alphabet, to represent sounds from the Germanic languages which did not exist in medieval Latin, and only after the Renaissance did the convention of treating ⟨I⟩ and ⟨U⟩ as vowels, and ⟨J⟩ and ⟨V⟩ as consonants, become established. Prior to that, the former had been merely allographs of the latter.

@BroRando November 27 So the catholic grammarian Gian Giorgio Trissino was speaking about the Latin Language in 1525. That's why he was triynig to compare the letter "I" in Latin to the letter "J" in English.

Wikipedia Gian Giorgio Trissino includes:

Heated discussions followed his 1524 essay titled Ɛpistola del Trissino de le lettere nuωvamente aggiunte ne la lingua Italiana, in which he proposed to reform Italian orthography by adding the following letters to distinguish sounds of the spoken language:

Wikipedia Gian Giorgio Trissino has a table of New Letter, Pronunciation, Distinction from, & Note with five entries

The idea was taken up for "j" and "v", which brought to the modern distinction U vs. V and I vs. J, which eventually caught up also for other European languages[citation needed] before being largely abandoned in contemporary Italian, which generally spells the sound [j] with an I.

Italian (Italiana) is a different language than Latin.

@BroRando November 27  The letter J can be prounced two ways Jah as in Jam or G as in Gee. Jah-ovah or Gee-ovah. The J could be the latter as Jesus is often prounced as Gee-sus. So the decpetion that Jehovah is latinized is apostate thinking. One could say the same thing about the name Jesus is also Latinized but this is not true. 

Wikipedia J includes:

In English, ⟨j⟩ most commonly represents the affricate /dʒ/. In Old English, the phoneme /dʒ/ was represented orthographically with ⟨cg⟩ and ⟨cȝ⟩.[7] Under the influence of Old French, which had a similar phoneme deriving from Latin /j/, English scribes began to use ⟨i⟩ (later ⟨j⟩) to represent word-initial /dʒ/ in Old English (for example, iest and, later jest), while using ⟨dg⟩ elsewhere (for example, hedge).[7] Later, many other uses of ⟨i⟩ (later ⟨j⟩) were added in loanwords from French and other languages (e.g. adjoinjunta). The first English language book to make a clear distinction between ⟨i⟩ and ⟨j⟩ was the King James Bible 1st Revision Cambridge 1629 and an English grammar book published in 1633.[8] In loan words such as raj, ⟨j⟩ may represent /ʒ/. In some of these, including rajAzerbaijanTaj Mahal, and Beijing, the regular pronunciation /dʒ/ is actually closer to the native pronunciation, making the use of /ʒ/ an instance of a hyperforeignism.[9] Occasionally, ⟨j⟩ represents the original /j/ sound, as in Hallelujah and fjord (see Yodh for details). In words of Spanish origin, where ⟨j⟩ represents the voiceless velar fricative [x] (such as jalapeño), English speakers usually approximate with the voiceless glottal fricative /h/.

In English, ⟨j⟩ is the fourth least frequently used letter in words, being more frequent only than ⟨z⟩, ⟨q⟩, and ⟨x⟩. It is, however, quite common in proper nouns, especially personal names.

Latin spelling on the cross was Iesus as the letter "I" was used for both i vowel & J consonant. Printed facsimile of the 1537 Matthew's Bible (Tyndale with Coverdale completion for first complete English Bible) has the same "I" letter for Iesus, Isaac, ...

English spelling of Iesus (IESVS in 1560 Geneva Bible when spelled using CAPITAL letters) later changed to Jesus (JESUS). Printed fascimile of 1560 Geneva Bible has Iehouah-iireh in Genesis 22:14, Iehouah-nifsi in Exodus 17:15, & Iehouah in Exodus 6:3, IVDGES 6:24, Psalm 83:18

@BroRando November 27 The Latin Name for God is IEHOVAH and is easily detected as LATIN.

Printed fascimile of 1537 Matthew's Bible has Iehouah in Exodus 6:3, Exodus 17:15, & Judges 6:24 (does NOT have verse numbers so had to look at contextual words for "verse" location)

@BroRando November 27 Latin word IEHOVAH translated to Englsih Jehovah

King James Version 1900 has Jehovah in seven verses: Genesis 22:14, Exodus 6:3, Exodus 17:15, Judges 6:24, Psalm 83:18, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 26:4

WHAT ABOUT “JEHOVAH” AND “YAHWEH”?

The word “Jehovah” does not appear in Hebrew. The personal name for God, which God revealed to Moses is “Yahweh”. It means, “The One who is always present”. This word was so holy that the Israelites never said it aloud. To remind them, they wrote the consonants YHWH (for Yahweh), and the vowels of Adonai, which means “Lord”. When they spoke of God they said, “Adonai”, meaning Lord.

YHWH + Adonai = Jehovah

J From “YHWH” translators took the letter Y, (which was often read as “J’),

E with the first vowel of Adonai (which was often read as “e”).

H They took the second consonant from “YHWH”, “H”,

O with the second vowel from Adonai, “O”.

V They took the third consonant from “YHWH”, “W”, (often read as “V”),

A with the third vowel from Adonai, “a.”

H Finally, they took the last consonant from “YHWH” “H.”

So the resulting hybrid word is “Jehovah.” Some translations now use Yahweh. Others translations insert Lord, using small capitals.

Mark Water, The Book of Genesis Made Easy, The Made Easy Series (Alresford, Hampshire: John Hunt Publishers Ltd, 2000), 63.

Hebrew verbal learning helps my understanding of יהוה to be: "The One who was/is/will be always present"

@BroRando November 27 No matter what language is used the MEANING never changes. You are unable to erase the true God JEHOVAH from scripture. EVERY time you use Jesus in any language or form it still means "Jehovah is Salvation" and thus glorifies the God and Father.

Jesus = Yeshua = יהוה Salvation (vowels were added to Hebrew letters by the Masoretes centuries after Yeshua was crucified, buried, & physically resurrected from the dead so the meaning of Yeshua does not include the vowels of Jehovah).

Philippians 2:5-11 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => Think this in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, existing in the form of אלהים God, did not consider being equal with אלהים God something to be grasped, but emptied himself by taking the form of a slave, by becoming in the likeness of people. And being found in appearance like a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, that is, death on a cross. Therefore also אלהים God exalted him and graciously granted him the name above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth and of those under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is יהוה Lord, to the glory of אלהים God the Father.

@BroRando there is actually to us one Godthe Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one LordJesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

Curious who is "us" & "we" ? Is @BroRando more than one human ?

If you believe Lord Jesus is Michael the Archangel, then why would the Jewish Rabbi Jesus command Jewish disciples of Jesus to be believing in Jesus the same as believing in The God (John 14:1) ?

πιστεύετε εἰς τὸν θεόν, καὶ εἰς ἐμὲ πιστεύετε

Holmes, M. W. (2011–2013). The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition (Jn 14:1). Lexham Press; Society of Biblical Literature.

Be Ye Believing in The God, also in Me Be Ye Believing (my literal translation showing continuous believing action command in present time)

Keep Smiling 😊

• @BroRando there is actually to us one Godthe Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one LordJesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

Curious who is "us" & "we" ? Is @BroRando more than one human ?

The "us" and "we" are Christ followers... something you know nothing about.

• Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus
    Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Posts: 1,119
    edited November 2021

@BroRando there is actually to us one Godthe Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one LordJesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 29 Curious who is "us" & "we" ? Is @BroRando more than one human ?

@BroRando November 29 The "us" and "we" are Christ followers... something you know nothing about.

Concur about not knowing/following "Christ" falsehood taught by untrustworthy Watchtower Society (JW.org). Remember October 30 comment documents many unfulfilled predictions by the Watchtower Society (JW.org) in various publications, which proves the Society is NOT the correct communication channel to/for God (fails simple test of 100% accuracy).

Flip side is @BroRando truly not knowing my best friend: יהוה Lord Jesus Christ, who experienced אלהים God's Glory (John 17:5) & אלהים God's Love (John 17:24) before אלהים God created physical realm.

John 17:1-26 LEB  (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) => Jesus said these things, and lifting up his eyes to heaven he said, “Father, the hour has come! Glorify your Son, in order that your Son may glorify you — just as you have given him authority over all flesh, in order that he would give eternal life to them — everyone whom you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true אלהים God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have glorified you on earth by completing the work that you have given me to do. And now, Father, you glorify me at your side with the glory that I had at your side before the world existed. “I have revealed your name to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you have given them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they understand that all the things that you have given me are from you, because the words that you gave to me I have given to them, and they received them and know truly that I have come from you, and they have believed that you have sent me. I am asking on behalf of them. I am not asking on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those whom you have given me, because they are yours, and all my things are yours, and your things are mine, and I have been glorified in them. And I am no longer in the world, and they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given to me, so that they may be one, just as we are. When I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given to me, and guarded them, and none of them has perished except the son of destruction, in order that the scripture would be fulfilled. And now I am coming to you, and I am saying these things in the world so that they may have my joy completed in themselves. I have given them your word, and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth — your word is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for them I sanctify myself, so that they themselves also may be sanctified in the truth. “And I do not ask on behalf of these only, but also on behalf of those who believe in me through their word, that they all may be one, just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you, that they also may be in us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me. And the glory that you have given to me, I have given to them, in order that they may be one, just as we are one—I in them, and you in me, in order that they may be completed in one, so that the world may know that you sent me, and you have loved them just as you have loved me. “Father, those whom you have given to me — I want that those also may be with me where I am, in order that they may see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, although the world does not know you, yet I have known you, and these men have come to know that you sent me. And I made known to them your name, and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them, and I may be in them.”

Phrase "Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given to me" is truly consistent with Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB => “Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

Hebrew word for righteousness has pronoun, suffixed, 1st person, plural so could be translated: 'יהוה Yahweh righteousness We'

Isaiah 44:6-9 LEB => Thus says יהוה Yahweh, the king of Israel, and its redeemer, יהוה Yahweh of hosts: “I am the first, and I am the last, and there is no אלהים god besides me. And who is like me? Let him proclaim it! And let him declare it and set it in order for me since I established an eternal people and things that are to come, and let them tell them the things that are coming. You must not tremble, and you must not be paralyzed with fear. Have I not made you hear from of old and declared it, and you are my witnesses? Is there a אלהים god besides me? And there is no rock! I know none!” All those who form an idol are nothing, and their delightful things do not profit. And their witnesses do not see or know, so they will be ashamed.

How can New World Translation of John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." be correct ? (contradicts Isaiah 44:6-9 as there is NO god beside יהוה Yahweh, the king of Israel, and its redeemer, יהוה Yahweh of hosts)

Keep Smiling 😊

• The Anti-Christ would attack Christ followers.
    • Denies that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah) or denies that he is the Son of God.​—1 John 2:​22.
    • Opposes the Christ, God’s Anointed One.​—Psalm 2:​1, 2; Luke 11:23.
    •  Persecutes the followers of Christ, since Jesus views what is done to them as being done to him.​—Acts 9:5.
    •  Falsely claims to be a Christian while practicing lawlessness or deception.​Matthew 7:​22, 23; 2 Corinthians 11:13.
    • They promote false ideas related to Jesus. (Matthew 24:​9, 11) For example, those who teach the Trinity or that Jesus is Almighty God actually oppose the teachings of Jesus, who said: “The Father is greater than I am.”​—John 14:28.
    •  Antichrists reject what Jesus said about how God’s Kingdom operates. For instance, some religious leaders say that Christ works through human governments. Yet, this teaching contradicts Jesus, who said: “My Kingdom is no part of this world.”​John 18:36.
    •  They say that Jesus is their Lord, but they do not obey his commands, including the one to preach the good news of the Kingdom.​Matthew 28:19, 20; Luke 6:​46; Acts 10:42.
    • Remove Christ from scripture and violently persecute anyone who points it out.---Mark 1:34

• @BroRando November 27 You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 28 Curious about credible evidence for my baptism history ?

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 28 Without credible evidence, your idea 'You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.' is a falsehood (would prove your current alignment with the father of lies, our spiritual adversary)

@BroRando November 29 Agreed.

Nothing credible from @BroRando thus far about my baptism history. Nothing connects tripartite Catholic Credo baptism questions with me. (learned earlier this week from Introduction to Christianity (Revised Edition) that the Roman Catholic Church person being baptized answers with latin "credo" - I believe, which is quite different than my baptism history: latin was not used).

Subsequent comments by @BroRando have nothing about my baptism history. Hence, @BroRandowe agree about @BroRando proving @BroRando is currently aligned with the father of lies, our spiritual adversary, the master manipulator of twisting falsehood with truth for ongoing goal of bending individual ❤️ love choice away from יהוה Lord אלהים God.

Curious why the Watchtower changed baptism questions ?

The Watchtower, May 1, 1973, page 280:

(1) “Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?”

(2) “On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?”

The Watchtower, June 1, 1985, page 30:

(1) “On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?"

(2) "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?”

What is the purpose of baptism declaring allegiance to an untrustworthy human organization ?

Remember October 30 comment documents many unfulfilled predictions by the Watchtower Society (JW.org) in various publications, which proves the Society is NOT God' spirit-directed organization (fails simple test of 100% accuracy).

@BroRando November 30 * The Anti-Christ would attack Christ followers.

Agree with @BroRando about @BroRando having Anti-Christ spirit for falsehood teaching along with attacking true believers of יהוה Lord Jesus.

@BroRando November 30 * Denies that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah) or denies that he is the Son of God.​—1 John 2:​22

@BroRando started thread => Is Jesus Christ (Michael the Archangel)? where @BroRando posited personal belief idea about Jesus being Michael the Archangel, which truly denies יהוה Lord Jesus Christ (Messiah). Repeating previously asked question: How can Jesus be the archangel Michael as four year old Colton Burpo saw both Jesus & the archangel Michael in אלהים God's Holy Heaven in March 2003 ?

Heaven is for Real special movie edition for Target has a Question & Answer section, which includes Colton Burpo at age 14

Q: Are your memories of heaven still clear to you, or have some things faded ?

A: I do remember most of it, but some of it has faded since it's been ten years. The clearest things I remember are sitting on Jesus' lap and being able to meet my sister and my great grandfather. Also, [the archangel] Michael's huge flaming sword.

Four year old Colton Burpo experienced Jesus and the archangel Michael in אלהים God's Holy Heaven (while Colton's body was dead on earth for a few minutes from a ruptured appendix with abscesses in March 2003). Human JW organizational beliefs about the archangel Michael are simply wrong (falsehood), which is consistent with unfulfilled JW predictions: JW organization is NOT the correct communication channel for אלהים God.

1 John 2:1-29 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => My little children, I am writing these things to you in order that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous one, and he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. The one who says “I have come to know him,” and does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in this person. But whoever keeps his word, truly in this person the ❤️ love of אלהים God has been perfected. By this we know that we are in him. The one who says that he resides in him ought also to walk just as that one walked. Dear friends, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the message which you have heard. Again, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light already is shining. The one who says he is in the light and hates his brother is in the darkness until now. The one who ❤️ loves his brother resides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness, and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you on account of his name. I am writing to you, fathers, because you have known the One who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have conquered the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you have known the Father. I have written to you, fathers, because you have known the One who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of אלהים God resides in you, and you have conquered the evil one. Do not ❤️love the world or the things in the world. If anyone ❤️loves the world, the ❤️ love of the Father is not in him, because everything that is in the world — the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the arrogance of material possessions — is not from the Father, but is from the world. And the world is passing away, and its desire, but the one who does the will of אלהים God remains forever. Children, it is the last hour, and just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us. But they went out, in order that it might be shown that all of them are not of us. And you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because every lie is not of the truth. Who is the liar except the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This person is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Everyone who denies the Son does not have the Father either; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also. As for you, what you have heard from the beginning must remain in you. If what you have heard from the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise which he himself promised us: eternal life. These things I have written to you concerning the ones who are trying to deceive you. And as for you, the anointing which you received from him remains in you, and you do not have need that anyone teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you reside in him. And now, little children, remain in him, so that whenever he is revealed we may have confidence and not be put to shame before him at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness has been fathered by him.

Loving Watchtower Society teachings is loving a deceptive human organization in this world so truly lacks יהוה Lord אלהים God's Love ❤️

Matthew 7:1-6 LEB => “Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For by what judgment you judge, you will be judged, and by what measure you measure out, it will be measured out to you. And why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the beam of wood in your own eye? Or how will you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to remove the speck from your eye,’ and behold, the beam of wood is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the beam of wood from your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye! “Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls in front of pigs, lest they trample them with their feet, and turn around and tear you to pieces.

@BroRando November 30 * Opposes the Christ, God’s Anointed One.​—Psalm 2:​1, 2; Luke 11:23.

@BroRando November 30 * Persecutes the followers of Christ, since Jesus views what is done to them as being done to him.​—Acts 9:5.

@BroRando November 30 * Falsely claims to be a Christian while practicing lawlessness or deception.​Matthew 7:​22, 23; 2 Corinthians 11:13

@BroRando November 30 * They promote false ideas related to Jesus. (Matthew 24:​9, 11) For example, those who teach the Trinity or that Jesus is Almighty God actually oppose the teachings of Jesus, who said: “The Father is greater than I am.”​—John 14:28.

@BroRando November 30Antichrists reject what Jesus said about how God’s Kingdom operates. For instance, some religious leaders say that Christ works through human governments. Yet, this teaching contradicts Jesus, who said: “My Kingdom is no part of this world.”​John 18:36

@BroRando November 30 * They say that Jesus is their Lord, but they do not obey his commands, including the one to preach the good news of the Kingdom.​Matthew 28:19, 20; Luke 6:​46; Acts 10:42.

Notably lacking from @BroRando words is יהוה Lord אלהים God's Love ❤️so @BroRando listed items remind me of wood beams in the eyes of @BroRando (especially highlighted words that simply describe @BroRando) If I meet @BroRando , ... in person, I can smile 😍& honestly look at you, saying: "I see the image of God in you. You are Special. God Loves You. Does God like our sin ? NO! God Loves us."

Words are inadequate to express immense magnitude of יהוה Lord אלהים God's Love ❤️for every human individual. Demons hate humans from the image of God reminder (as demons now have incredible HATRED of יהוה Lord אלהים God after choosing to sin against יהוה Lord אלהים God).

@BroRando November 30 * Remove Christ from scripture and violently persecute anyone who points it out.---Mark 1:34

"Persecution" irony is the only CD poster being fooled by Mark 1:34 to be Christ falsehood repetition (brainwashing attempt) is @BroRando

Koine Greek language does not use parenthesis () for punctuation. @BroRando screen shots plastered in many CD threads shows (χριστὸν εἶναι) where the parenthesis () shows these two words do not appear in many manuscripts. Westcott & Hort choose to incorporate a scribal note (χριστὸν εἶναι) (Christ to be) into Mark 1:34 text. Searching 330 English Bibles in my Logos library for Christ WITHIN {Milestone <mk1.34>} found two verses:

34 and he cured many′ that were sick with divers′ diseases, and |many demons| he cast out, and suffered not the demons to be talking,—because they knew him [to be Christ]. 

Joseph Bryant Rotherham, The Emphasized Bible: A Translation Designed to Set Forth the Exact Meaning, the Proper Terminology, and the Graphic Style of the Sacred Original (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2010), Mk 1:34.

34 He healed many who were afflicted with various diseases and cast out many demons. However, he did not allow the demons to speak because they knew him to be the Christ. *

* Other manuscripts omit “to be the Christ"

Laurent Cleenewerck, ed., The Eastern/Greek Orthodox Bible: New Testament (Laurent A. Cleenewerck, 2011), Mk 1:34.

Both translations agree with @BroRando screen shots about phrase (χριστὸν εἶναι) NOT being in other manuscripts.

Mark 1:21-34 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) => And they went into Capernaum and immediately on the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue. And they were amazed at his teaching, because he was teaching them like one who had authority, and not like the scribes. And so then there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit, and he cried out, saying, “Leave us alone, Jesus the Nazarene! Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of אלהים God!” And Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” And after convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, the unclean spirit came out of him. And they were all amazed, so that they began to discuss with one another, saying, “What is this? A new teaching with authority! He even commands the unclean spirits and they obey him.” And the report about him then went out everywhere in the whole surrounding region of Galilee. And so then he departed from the synagogue and came into the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was lying down, suffering with a fever, and at once they told him about her. And he came and raised her up by taking hold of her hand, and the fever left her, and she began to serve them. Now when it was evening, when the sun had set, they began bringing to him all those who were sick and those who were demon-possessed. And the whole town was gathered together at the door. And he healed many who were sick with various diseases and expelled many demons. And he did not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him.

My thoughts about Mark 1:34 (χριστὸν εἶναι) is a scribal addition. If demons truly understood The Christ (Messiah) purpose of Jesus as the suffering servant of אלהים God, they would not have allowed Jesus to be crucified.

1 Corinthians 2:1-16 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of אלהים God. For I decided not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I came to you in weakness and in fear and with much trembling, and my speech and my preaching were not with the persuasiveness of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and power, in order that your faith would not be in the wisdom of men, but in the power of אלהים God. Now we do speak wisdom among the mature, but wisdom not of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are perishing, but we speak the hidden wisdom of אלהים God in a mystery, which אלהים God predestined before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew. For if they had known it, they would not have crucified the יהוה Lord of glory. But just as it is written, “Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and have not entered into the heart of man, all that אלהים God has prepared for those who love him.” For to us אלהים God has revealed them through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of אלהים God. For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man that is in him? Thus also no one knows the things of אלהים God except the Spirit of אלהים God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from אלהים God, in order that we may know the things freely given to us by אלהים God, things which we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual people. But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of אלהים God, for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. Now the spiritual person discerns all things, but he himself is judged by no one. “For who has known the mind of the יהוה Lord; who has advised him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Demonic declaration "the Holy One of אלהים God!" about Jesus is truly consistent with Philippians 2:5-18 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => Think this in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, existing in the form of אלהים God, did not consider being equal with אלהים God something to be grasped, but emptied himself by taking the form of a slave, by becoming in the likeness of people. And being found in appearance like a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, that is, death on a cross. Therefore also אלהים God exalted him and graciously granted him the name above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth and of those under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is יהוה Lord, to the glory of אלהים God the Father. Therefore my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For the one at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure, is אלהים God. Do all things without grumbling and disputing, in order that you may become blameless and innocent, children of אלהים God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you shine as stars in the world, holding fast to the word of life, for a source of pride to me in the day of Christ, that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and rejoice with all of you. And in the same way also you rejoice and rejoice with me.

Repeating question: Truly, what is humility ? How great is אלהים God's Love ❤️ ?

Concerning "Jehovah" hybrid of consonants & vowels, An Expository Introduction to The Emphasized Bible has Chapter IV The Incomminucable Name whose discussion covers seven pages, which includes question "Why not in the form "Jehovah" ?

Why not in the form “Jehovah”? Is that not euphonious? It is, without question. Is it not widely used? It is, and may still be freely employed to assist through a period of transition. But is it not hallowed and endeared by many a beautiful hymn and many a pious memory? Without doubt; and therefore it is with reluctance that it is here declined. But why is it not accepted? There it is — familiar, acceptable, ready for adoption. The reason is, that it is too heavily burdened with merited critical condemnation — as modern, as a compromise, as a “mongrel” word, “hybrid,” “fantastic,” “monstrous.” The facts have only to be known to justify this verdict, and to vindicate the propriety of not employing it in a new and independent translation. What are the facts? And first as to age. “The pronunciation Jehovah was unknown until 1520, when it was introduced by Galatinus; but was contested by Le Mercier, J. Drusius, and L. Capellus, as against grammatical and historical propriety.” Next, as to formation. “Erroneously written and pronounced Jehovah, which is merely a combination of the sacred Tetragrammaton and the vowels in the Hebrew word for Lord, substituted by the Jews for jhvh, because they shrank from pronouncing The Name, owing to an old misconception of the two passages, Ex. 20:7 and Lev. 24:16.… To give the name jhvh the vowels of the word for Lord (Heb. Adonai) and pronounce it Jehovah, is about as hybrid a combination as it would be to spell the name Germany with the vowels in the name Portugal — viz., Gormuna. The monstrous combination Jehovah is not older than about 1520 a.d.” From this we may gather that the Jewish scribes are not responsible for the “hybrid” combination. They intentionally wrote alien vowels — not for combination with the sacred consonants, but for the purpose of cautioning the Jewish reader to enunciate a totally different word, viz., some other familiar name of the Most High.

Joseph Bryant Rotherham, The Emphasized Bible: A Translation Designed to Set Forth the Exact Meaning, the Proper Terminology, and the Graphic Style of the Sacred Original, vol. 1 (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2010), 24–25.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,300
    edited December 2021

Unlike trintarians who reject the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:38) Notice the following page.

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Christians?

Yes. We are Christians for the following reasons:

• We try to follow closely the teachings and behavior of Jesus Christ.—1 Peter 2:21.
    • We believe that Jesus is the key to salvation, that “there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”—Acts 4:12.
    • When people become Jehovah’s Witnesses, they are baptized in the name of Jesus.Matthew 28:18, 19.
    • We offer our prayers in Jesus’ name.—John 15:16.
    • We believe that Jesus is the Head, or the one appointed to have authority, over every man.—1 Corinthians 11:3.

However, in a number of ways, we are different from other religious groups that are called Christian. For example, we believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is the Son of God, not part of a Trinity. (Mark 12:29) We do not believe that the soul is immortal, that there is any basis in Scripture for saying that God tortures people in an everlasting hell, or that those who take the lead in religious activities should have titles that elevate them above others.—Ecclesiastes 9:5; Ezekiel 18:4; Matthew 23:8-10.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/are-jehovahs-witnesses-christians/

• Truth

(1) “On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?"

(2) "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?”

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus refers to the JW baptismal question above which @BroRando does not answer.

Although JW's claim to be Christian, the follow a made-up "Christ" very different from that of other Christians. They teach broadly that they have no hope or an immortal soul and no hope of eternal life in Heaven . They do have an invented notion of some kind of Paradise. Denying Hell is an obvious outcome for such a cult. JW's deny Jesus as the sacrifice of God and thus their only sacrifice for sins.

For anyone who identifies as Jehovah's Witness in baptism, there is little or no reason to hope for...

• Heaven
    • Immortality
    • Only One God
    • Knowing יהוה‎ 
    • Calling upon the name יהוה‎ or being saved by יהוה‎ 

I would love to be wrong and could be corrected on points above through understanding, though @BroRando rarely answers questions.

• @BroRando December 1 Unlike trintarians who reject the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

Please provide credible source(s) for your asserted idea. Still lacking is anything credible about my baptism history so @BroRando continues to prove @BroRando is currently aligned with the father of lies, our spiritual adversary, the master manipulator of twisting falsehood with truth for ongoing goal of bending individual ❤️ love choice away from יהוה Lord אלהים God.

October 30 comment documents many unfulfilled predictions by the Watchtower Society (JW.org) in various publications, which proves the Society is NOT God's spirit-directed organization (fails simple test of 100% accuracy).

@BroRando December 1 We offer our prayers in Jesus’ name.—John 15:16

If believe Jesus is the archangel Michael, why pray in the name of "a god" Jesus ?

@BroRando December 1 Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Christians?

@BroRando December 1 Yes. We are Christians for the following reasons:

Notably lacking from the "We" reasons is יהוה Lord אלהים God Love ❤️ that shows abiding in Jesus to glorify אלהים God. Jewish day is evening & morning, as written in Genesis 1. On the Pesach (Nissan 14) day Jewish Rabbi Jesus knew He would offer His human body as the Holy substitutionary sin sacrifice for every human (as the lamb of אלהים God that takes away the sin of the world), Jesus taught disciples of Jesus & prayed in John 13:1-17:26 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => Now before the feast of Passover, Jesus, knowing that his hour had come that he would depart from this world to the Father, and having ❤️ loved his own in the world, ❤️ loved them to the end. And as a dinner was taking place, when the devil had already put into the heart of Judas son of Simon Iscariot that he should betray him, because he knew that the Father had given him all things into his hands, and that he had come forth from אלהים God and was going away to אלהים God, he got up from the dinner and took off his outer clothing, and taking a towel, tied it around himself. Then he poured water into the washbasin and began to wash the feet of the disciples, and to wipe them dry with the towel which he had tied around himself. Then he came to Simon Peter. He said to him, “יהוה Lord, are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will understand after these things.” Peter said to him, “You will never wash my feet forever!” Jesus replied to him, “Unless I wash you, you do not have a share with me.” Simon Peter said to him, “יהוה Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!” Jesus said to him, “The one who has bathed only needs to wash his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not all of you.” (For he knew the one who would betray him; because of this he said, “Not all of you are clean.”) So when he had washed their feet and taken his outer clothing and reclined at table again, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done for you? You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘יהוה Lord,’ and you speak correctly, for I am. If then I — your יהוה Lord and Teacher — wash your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that just as I have done for you, you also do. Truly, truly I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor a messenger greater than the one who sent him. If you understand these things, you are blessed if you do them. “I am not speaking about all of you. I know whom I have chosen, but in order that the scripture would be fulfilled, ‘The one who eats my bread has lifted up his heel against me.’ From now on I am telling you before it happens, in order that when it happens you may believe that I am he. Truly, truly I say to you, the one who receives anyone I send receives me, and the one who receives me receives the one who sent me.” When he had said these things, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified and said, “Truly, truly I say to you that one of you will betray me.” The disciples began looking at one another, uncertain about whom he was speaking. One of his disciples — the one whom Jesus ❤️ loved — was reclining close beside Jesus. So Simon Peter gestured for this one to inquire who it was about whom he was speaking. He leaned back accordingly against Jesus’ chest and said to him, “יהוה Lord, who is it?” Jesus replied, “It is he to whom I dip the piece of bread and give it to him.” Then after dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas son of Simon Iscariot. And after the piece of bread, then Satan entered into him. Then Jesus said to him, “What you are doing, do quickly!” (Now no one of those reclining at table knew for what reason he said this to him. For some were thinking because Judas had the money box, Jesus was telling him, “Purchase what we need for the feast,” or that he should give something to the poor.) So after he had taken the piece of bread, he went out immediately. And it was night. Then, when he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified, and אלהים God is glorified in him. If אלהים God is glorified in him, אלהים God will also glorify him in himself, and will glorify him immediately. Children, yet a little time I am with you. You will seek me and just as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going you cannot come,’ now I say also to you.” “A new commandment I give to you: that you ❤️ love one another — just as I have ❤️ loved you, that you also ❤️ love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples — if you have ❤️ love for one another.” Simon Peter said to him, “יהוה Lord, where are you going?” Jesus replied, “Where I am going you cannot follow me now, but you will follow later.” Peter said to him, “יהוה Lord, why am I not able to follow you now? I will lay down my life for you!” Jesus replied, “Will you lay down your life for me? Truly, truly I say to you, the rooster will not crow until you have denied me three times! “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places; but if not, I would have told you, because I am going away to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, so that where I am, you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “יהוה Lord, we do not know where you are going. How are we able to know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you know him and have seen him.” Philip said to him, “יהוה Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus said to him, “Am I with you so long a time and you have not known me, Philip? The one who has seen me has seen the Father! How can you say, ‘Show us the Father?’ Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from myself, but the Father residing in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly I say to you, the one who believes in me, the works that I am doing he will do also, and he will do greater works than these because I am going to the Father. And whatever you ask in my name, I will do this, in order that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. “If you ❤️ love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, in order that he may be with you forever — the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it does not see him or know him. You know him, because he resides with you and will be in you. “I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you. Yet a little time and the world will see me no longer, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. The one who has my commandments and keeps them — that one is the one who ❤️ loves me. And the one who ❤️ loves me will be ❤️ loved by my Father, and I will ❤️ love him and will reveal myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “יהוה Lord, why is it that you are going to reveal yourself to us and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone ❤️ loves me he will keep my word, and my Father will ❤️ love him, and we will come to him and will take up residence with him. The one who does not ❤️ love me does not keep my words, and the word that you hear is not mine, but the Father’s who sent me. These things I have spoken to you while residing with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name — that one will teach you all things, and will remind you of everything that I said to you. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you — not as the world gives, I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. You have heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away, and I am coming to you.’ If you ❤️ loved me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am. And now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe. I will no longer speak much with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has no power over me. But so that the world may know that I ❤️ love the Father, and just as the Father has commanded me, thus I am doing. Get up, let us go from here! “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch that does not bear fruit in me, he removes it, and every branch that bears fruit, he prunes it in order that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I in you. Just as the branch is not able to bear fruit from itself unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you, unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me and I in him — this one bears much fruit, for apart from me you are not able to do anything. If anyone does not remain in me, he is thrown out as a branch, and dries up, and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this: that you bear much fruit, and prove to be my disciples. “Just as the Father has ❤️ loved me, I also have ❤️ loved you. Remain in my ❤️ love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my ❤️ love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his ❤️ love. I have spoken these things to you in order that my joy may be in you, and your joy may be made complete. This is my commandment: that you ❤️ love one another just as I have ❤️ loved you. No one has greater ❤️ love than this: that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you slaves, because the slave does not know what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything that I have heard from my Father I have revealed to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and your fruit should remain, in order that whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. These things I command you: that you ❤️ love one another. If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would ❤️ love its own. But because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will keep yours also. But they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin. But now they do not have a valid excuse for their sin. The one who hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not have sin. But now they have both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this happened so that the word that is written in their law would be fulfilled, ‘They hated me without a reason.’ “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father — the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father — that one will testify about me. And you also will testify, because you have been with me from the beginning. “I have said these things to you so that you will not fall away. They will expel you from the synagogue, but an hour is coming that everyone who kills you will think they are offering service to אלהים God. And they will do these things because they do not know the Father or me. But I have said these things to you so that when their hour comes, you may remember that I told you about them. “And I have not said these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. But now I am going away to the one who sent me, and none of you is asking me, ‘Where are you going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts. But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go away. For if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and concerning righteousness and concerning judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me, and concerning righteousness, because I am going away to the Father and you will see me no more, and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been condemned. I still have many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them now. But when he — the Spirit of truth — comes, he will guide you into all the truth. For he will not speak from himself, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will proclaim to you the things to come. He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and will proclaim it to you. Everything that the Father has is mine. For this reason I said that he takes from what is mine and will proclaim it to you. “A little while and you will see me no more, and again a little while and you will see me. So some of his disciples said to one another, “What is this that he is saying to us, ‘A little while and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me,’ and ‘Because I am going away to the Father’?” So they kept on saying, “What is this that he is saying, ‘A little while’? We do not understand what he is speaking about!” Jesus knew that they were wanting to ask him, and he said to them, “Are you deliberating with one another about this — that I said, ‘A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me’? Truly, truly I say to you, that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will become sorrowful, but your sorrow will change to joy. A woman, when she gives birth, experiences pain because her hour has come. But when her child is born, she no longer remembers the affliction, on account of the joy that a human being has been born into the world. So you also are experiencing sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy from you. And on that day you will ask me nothing. Truly, truly I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. “I have said these things to you in figurative sayings. An hour is coming when I will speak to you in figurative sayings no longer, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf. For the Father himself ❤️ loves you, because you have ❤️ loved me and have believed that I came from אלהים God. I have gone out from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and am going to the Father.” His disciples said, “Behold, now you are speaking plainly and are telling us no figurative saying! Now we know that you know everything and do not need for anyone to ask you questions. By this we believe that you have come from אלהים God.” Jesus replied to them, “Now do you believe? Behold, an hour is coming — and has come — that you will be scattered each one to his own home, and you will leave me alone. And I am not alone, because the Father is with me. I have said these things to you so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have affliction, but have courage! I have conquered the world.” Jesus said these things, and lifting up his eyes to heaven he said, “Father, the hour has come! Glorify your Son, in order that your Son may glorify you — just as you have given him authority over all flesh, in order that he would give eternal life to them — everyone whom you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true אלהים God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have glorified you on earth by completing the work that you have given me to do. And now, Father, you glorify me at your side with the glory that I had at your side before the world existed. “I have revealed your name to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you have given them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they understand that all the things that you have given me are from you, because the words that you gave to me I have given to them, and they received them and know truly that I have come from you, and they have believed that you have sent me. I am asking on behalf of them. I am not asking on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those whom you have given me, because they are yours, and all my things are yours, and your things are mine, and I have been glorified in them. And I am no longer in the world, and they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given to me, so that they may be one, just as we are. When I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given to me, and guarded them, and none of them has perished except the son of destruction, in order that the scripture would be fulfilled. And now I am coming to you, and I am saying these things in the world so that they may have my joy completed in themselves. I have given them your word, and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth — your word is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for them I sanctify myself, so that they themselves also may be sanctified in the truth. “And I do not ask on behalf of these only, but also on behalf of those who believe in me through their word, that they all may be one, just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you, that they also may be in us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me. And the glory that you have given to me, I have given to them, in order that they may be one, just as we are one — I in them, and you in me, in order that they may be completed in one, so that the world may know that you sent me, and you have ❤️ loved them just as you have ❤️ loved me. “Father, those whom you have given to me — I want that those also may be with me where I am, in order that they may see my glory that you have given me because you ❤️ loved me before the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, although the world does not know you, yet I have known you, and these men have come to know that you sent me. And I made known to them your name, and will make it known, in order that the ❤️ love with which you ❤️ loved me may be in them, and I may be in them.”

Holy Father name is יהוה  that was given to יהוה Jesus, which is truly consistent with Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB => “Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

Hebrew word for righteousness has pronoun, suffixed, 1st person, plural so could be translated: 'יהוה Yahweh righteousness We'

FWIW: my formatting of LEB scripture textual words for CD comment posting is similiar to original language manuscripts that do not have numbering of chapters & verses. Also original language manuscripts has text flowing together: lacks white space between words (so had to really know vocabulary with grammatical spelling changes for reading & writing). Reading contextual words of Scripture without artificial numbering (added ~500 years ago) allows more of God's ❤️ Love story to flow together. My heart rejoiced to read John 13:1-17:26 several times while composing this comment.

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus

If you were Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ, you would not be fighting so exhaustively against them.

Scripture also says that by the authority of Jesus, people would be told to turn to God and change the way they think and act so that their sins will be forgiven. This would be told to people from all nations, beginning in the city of Jerusalem. ‘…and on the basis of his Name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations—starting out from Jerusalem.’ (Luke 24:46-47)

So how were Christians baptized?

• “With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they requested him to stay for some days.” (Acts 10:48)
    • Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.” (Acts 2:38)
    • “But when they believed Philip, who was declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God and of the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were getting baptized.” (Acts 8:12)
    • “Or do you not know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?” (Romans 6:3)
    • “On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.” (Acts 19:5)
    • Allow scripture to interpret scripture. “Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations in MY Name, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.” (Shem Tov Hebrew Matthew 28:19)
    • Notice this scripture? “one Lord, one faith, one baptism;” (Ephesians 4:5)
    • "Whatever it is that you do in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, thanking God the Father through him." (Colossians 3:17)

Not a single verse mentioned the catholic literature of Father, Son or Holy spirit throughout the entire Book of Acts. When you add the surrounding scriptures, the one before and the one after verse 19, it all fits rather nicely and flows without interruption:

• Truth

I was baptized in the name of Jesus, Father, and Holy Spirit: YHWH.

By YHWH’s grace, I avoided baptism in the name of a JW manufactured mini-god called Jesus. I also avoided being baptized into a cult.

• Brother Rando
    edited December 2021

How is it that according to the trinity that all 3 gods or co-equal like 666? Show a scritpure that Jesus is co-equal to Jehovah. Anyways you already denounced the Name of Jesus because his name means "Jehovah is Salvation'.

The trinity claim the three person are co-equal, yet, Jesus stated "the Father is Greater then I am" (John 14:28)

You will never find any of Jesus' teachings in the trinity doctrine. Why not? It's because you are in a Cult.

Thomas Nelson Publishers (publishers of the NKJV) claim, on the inside-cover, the symbol, ". . .is an ancient symbol for the Trinity." But Acts 17:29, clearly FORBIDS such symbology: ". . . we ought NOT to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, GRAVEN BY ART and man's device."

• Truth

The problem:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.

The Antidote:

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

• Brother Rando
    edited December 2021

You don't beleive in Christ which is thoroughly proven by your own posts. I suggest the Public should be informed about your Cult.

Thomas Nelson Publishers (publishers of the NKJV) claim, on the inside-cover, the symbol, ". . .is an ancient symbol for the Trinity." But Acts 17:29, clearly FORBIDS such symbology: ". . . we ought NOT to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, GRAVEN BY ART and man's device."

Did you know that this Satanic Bible removed Christ from scripture? Why do so many people who claim to beleive Christ actually don't? The answer.. Anti-Christ. He would remove Christ from Scripture and deny the Baptism in the Name of Jesus Christ.

Then He healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He did not allow the demons to speak, because they knew Him. to be Christ (Mark 1:34 NKJVV)

Now look up the Greek Mark 1:34 that has Christ in the translation. Read through this post to find postings of people whom actually support this demonic act of removing Christ.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

JWs need to fix that @BroRando computer. It's still spitting out the same things. Is anyone in the control room? CM

• Truth
    edited December 2021

I think @BroRando might value these great videos which will help him/them find answers to many confusions:

Witnesses For Jesus: https://www.witnessesforjesus.org/jtjvideo.php

• Noticed @BroRando often (& annoyingly) repeats previous @BroRando knowledge as a distracting evasion defense for personal belief ideas, which effectively discourages discussion. @BroRando appears to know what theological ideas @BroRando believes, but really does not want to discuss, which could help @BroRando understand own belief ideas better. Thus far, this thread shows intense discussion did not change theological belief ideas of any participant. Each person simply chooses what to Love most.

My motivation for loving discussion is Paul's prayer in Ephesians 3:14-21 (LEB) => On account of this, I bend my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that he may grant you according to the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner person, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith (you having been firmly rooted and established in love), in order that you may be strong enough to grasp together with all the saints what is the breadth, and length, and height, and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, in order that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to the one who is able to do beyond all measure more than all that we ask or think, according to the power that is at work in us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

Note: if believe Christ is NOT God, then power of Paul's prayer is diminished (since belief boundaries preclude experiencing the fullness of God).

Repeating questions on this thread page for @BroRando that have yet to be answered by @BroRando

@BroRando November 27 Many trintarians who reject the Name of God, also reject the Baptism in the Name of his Christ.

November 27 Curious about credible source(s) for trinitarian idea assertion ? (puzzling wording reminds me of oxymoronic ideas)

@BroRando November 27 Many Religions have removed God's Holy and Sacred Name claiming Jehovah is a made up Name.

November 27 Thread God's Sacred and Holy Name... includes quotes from The Emphasized Bible introduction and The Catholic Encyclopedia about "Jehovah" sounding of God's Holy Name dating back to 1520 AD (500 years ago).

November 27 Curious about credible religious source(s) for name removal. Again JW.org is NOT a credible source due to failing 100% accuracy for predictions.

@BroRando November 22 The "I am" that is Commander of Jehovah's Army is Michael the Archangel with his Sword drawn. He later became the root and decendant of David, the bright morning star.

November 27 If you believe Jesus is Michael the Archangel, then why would the Jewish Rabbi Jesus command Jewish disciples of Jesus to be believing in Jesus the same as believing in The God ?

November 27 πιστεύετε εἰς τὸν θεόν, καὶ εἰς ἐμὲ πιστεύετε

November 27  Holmes, M. W. (2011–2013). The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition (Jn 14:1). Lexham Press; Society of Biblical Literature.

November 27 Be Ye Believing in The God, also in Me Be Ye Believing (my literal translation showing continuous believing action command in present time)

November 27 Truly, what is humility ? How great is אלהים God's Love ❤️ ?

@BroRando November 22 And he healed many ⌊who were sick⌋ with various diseases and expelled many demons. And he did not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him. to be Christ. (Mark 1:34 LEB)

November 27 Koine Greek language does not use parenthesis () for punctuation. What is the meaning of parenthesis for (Χριστὸν εἶναι) in your Mark 1:34 screen shot image ?

November 27 How many Bible translations on Bible Hub do not have "to be Christ" in Mark 1:34 ?

@BroRando November 22 So is removing Christ from scripture christian or antichristian?

November 27 Searching Westcott Hort for <Lemma = lbs/el/Χριστός> finds 8 results in 8 verses within Mark: seven of them not having parenthetical marking. Searching Westcott Hort for <Lemma = lbs/el/Ἰησοῦς> finds 81 results in 79 verses within Mark.

November 27 Why does the name of Jesus appear in the Gospel of Mark an order of magnitude more than the title of Christ ?

November 29 How can New World Translation of John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." be correct ? (contradicts Isaiah 44:6-9 as there is NO god beside יהוה Yahweh, the king of Israel, and its redeemer, יהוה Yahweh of hosts)

December 1 Curious why the Watchtower changed baptism questions ?

The Watchtower, May 1, 1973, page 280:

(1) “Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?”

(2) “On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?”

December 1 What is the purpose of baptism declaring allegiance to an untrustworthy human organization ?

Comment on October 30 documents many unfulfilled predictions by the Watchtower Society (JW.org) in various publications, which proves the Society is NOT the correct communication channel to/for God (fails simple test of 100% accuracy).

Curious what "the Baptism in the Name of his Christ" really means to @BroRando ? (e.g. loyalty to human organization Watchtower Society)

Matthew 7:21-23 (LEB) => “Not everyone who says to me, ‘יהוה Lord, יהוה Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘יהוה Lord, יהוה Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many miracles in your name?’ And then I will say to them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!’

December 1  @BroRando started thread => Is Jesus Christ (Michael the Archangel)? where @BroRando posited personal belief idea about Jesus being Michael the Archangel, which truly denies יהוה Lord Jesus Christ (Messiah). Repeating previously asked question: How can Jesus be the archangel Michael as four year old Colton Burpo saw both Jesus & the archangel Michael in אלהים God's Holy Heaven in March 2003 ?

@BroRando December 1 We offer our prayers in Jesus’ name.—John 15:16

December 2 If believe Jesus is the archangel Michael, why pray in the name of "a god" Jesus ?

Still lacking is anything credible about my baptism history so @BroRando continues to prove @BroRando is currently aligned with the father of lies, our spiritual adversary, the master manipulator of twisting falsehood with truth for ongoing goal of bending individual ❤️ love choice away from יהוה Lord אלהים God.

Keep Smiling 😊

• the_MadJw
    the_MadJw Posts: 56

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha!@

What IS "worship", churchoid?

Do you REALLY believe that Jesus taught THAT?

themadjw.weebly.com

253-652-4443

• @theMadJW May 12 What IS "worship", churchoid?

Please help me understand how "churchoid" describe(s) me. Currently my description of myself uses other words.

My prayer 🙏 for Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God to help me ❤️ Love all of our unique יהוה Lord אלהים God with all of me (heart, mind, soul, strength) is slowly being answered. My enjoyment of many moments every day includes me worshipping Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God while wonderfully aware of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's presence, which is helping me  ❤️  Love myself as Holy יהוה Lord אלהים  God ❤️ Loves me that flows out in ❤️ Loving others as myself.

Yes, I BELIEVE Jesus really taught in Matthew 22:34-40 LEB  (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => Now when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they assembled at the same place. And one of them, a legal expert, put a question to him to test him: “Teacher, which commandment is greatest in the law?” And he said to him, “ ‘You shall love the יהוה Lord your אלהים God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.

Also I BELIEVE Jesus really taught in John 14:1 to be believing in Jesus the same as believing in God.

πιστεύετε εἰς τὸν θεόν, καὶ εἰς ἐμὲ πιστεύετε

Holmes, M. W. (2011–2013). The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition (Jn 14:1). Lexham Press; Society of Biblical Literature.

Be Ye Believing in The God, also in Me Be Ye Believing (my literal translation showing continuous believing action command in present time)

Keep Smiling 😊

• the_MadJw
    the_MadJw Posts: 56

You worship (place THEIR beliefs over God's word) you Church (congregation).

Do you REALLY believe that Jesus taught THAT?

themadjw.weebly.com

253-652-4443

• @theMadJW May 12 What IS "worship", churchoid?

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus May 19 Please help me understand how "churchoid" describe(s) me. Currently my description of myself uses other words.

@theMadJW May 28 You worship (place THEIR beliefs over God's word) you Church (congregation).

Please help me understand which congregation belief(s) for my worship over God's word.

To me, "churchoid" describes JW adherents obeying Watchtower Society publications for THEIR beliefs over God's word.

Matthew 7:1-5 LEB “Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For by what judgment you judge, you will be judged, and by what measure you measure out, it will be measured out to you. And why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the beam of wood in your own eye? Or how will you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to remove the speck from your eye,’ and behold, the beam of wood is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the beam of wood from your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye!

Keep Smiling 😊