Coronavirus: Pandemic, Hype, or "Much-to-do about nothing"?

Comments

• In 2040, the granddaughter asks her grandmother, "Oma, why do you like to be outside so much?" Answer of the grandmother, "There were times when it was for bidden."

• Some facts about Corona ... Updates as of April 21, 2020

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2020

From above Facts about Covid-19 article:

The oldest woman in the Swiss canton of St. Gallen died last week at the age of 109. She survived the „Spanish flu“ of 1918, was not corona-infected and „for her age she was doing very well“. The „corona isolation“, however, had „very much affected her“: „She faded without the daily visits of her family members.

So much for all you Corona dead panic inföluenced folks who think isolation is the answer ... 😪

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang posted:

From above Facts about Covid-19 article:

The oldest woman in the Swiss canton of St. Gallen died last week at the age of 109. She survived the „Spanish flu“ of 1918, was not corona-infected and „for her age she was doing very well“. The „corona isolation“, however, had „very much affected her“: „She faded without the daily visits of her family members.

So the Swiss woman cited in the article "for her age was doing very well." What's "very well" for a 109 year-old, Wolfgang? I've never met one, so I can't say for sure, but given the pry 100 year-olds I've met, and the resilient 99 year old in our church who died last week, the idea that a 109 year-old would be susceptible to health risks that included death would not at all be surprising in times of social and economic prosperity, let alone seasons of distress such as the current one. For that reason, I don't give much evidentiary weight to the idea that a 109 year-old fell ill and died, even if I am one of the "Corona dead panic inföluenced."

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020

I don't give much evidentiary weight to the idea that a 109 year-old fell ill and died, even if I am one of the "Corona dead panic inföluenced."

I note the fact that the lady died partly due to isolation measures taken .. the lady us a Corona victim without having been infected !

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020

Met a person who condemns herself for having brought their father to the hospital because of thinking there might be a benefit to such a step for getting some medication and return home ... only to be be confronted with the realization that the father was not allowed to return with her but kept at the hospital for observation against his and her will, nor will she be allowed to visit him there .... and all in the name of corona virus mandatory isolation steps .... one may have thoughts of suicide when such happens ....

• Bill_Coley

@reformed posted:

And back to the race baiting. Typical liberal move.

In my previous post, I asked you to provide the factual/statistical basis for your disagreement with the assertion that African Americans are being impacted by COVID-19 more than other demographic groups. Help me understand how "And back to the race baiting. Typical liberal move" responds to my request in any substantive, meaningful, and constructive manner.

Also in my previous post I observed African Americans are disproportionately represented in the workforce of the "essential businesses" kept open in most states. Help me understand how "And back to the race baiting. Typical liberal move" responds to that assertion of fact in any substantive, meaningful, and constructive manner.

I then used YOUR WORDS to ask what accounts for what YOU CLAIMED were the "economics" that "typically" produce poorer health conditions in African Americans. Help me understand how "And back to the race baiting. Typical liberal move" responds to my question in any substantive, meaningful, and constructive manner?

Finally, I asked whether it was bad luck, happenstance, or perhaps "our sorry history of racial discrimination that created and has yet to close the economic disparity between the majority and African American communities" that explains the "economics" which YOU CLAIMED "typically" produce those poorer health conditions. If our nation's history of racial discrimination doesn't explain what YOU CLAIMED are the "economics" that "typically" produce poorer health conditions, what does?

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Maybe it is because the African-American community as a whole has bought into the lie that they are victims and refuse to better themselves.

• Bill_Coley
    edited April 2020

@reformed post:

Maybe it is because the African-American community as a whole has bought into the lie that they are victims and refuse to better themselves.

1. First you complain that my previous post inappropriately raised the issue of race - what you and many others on the right call "race-baiting." Then you explain what you call the "economics" that "typically" produce poorer health conditions among African Americans as a product of a buy-in to a "lie" on the part of the "African American community as a whole" So my proposition that our nation's history of racism has damaged the economics facing African-Americans is "race-baiting," but your reference to the refusal of the "African American community as a whole... to better themselves" isn't?
    2. In two previous posts I asked you to provide the factual/statistical basis for your disagreement with the assertion that African Americans are being impacted by COVID-19 more than other demographic groups. I ask a third time.
  • C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Reformed,

Your statement sounds very racist to me. For a name-caller, really, what can one really expect? CM

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020

@Bill_Coley , here are some statistics presented for various countries around the world by Dr. Erickson from California

Valid statistics and figures by a knowledgeable medical professional? who to believe ... such simple facts or regime propaganda of destruction?

Oops ... forgot the link to part 2 of the press conference:

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Bill_Coley

@Wolfgang posted:

Valid statistics and figures by a knowledgeable medical professional? who to believe ... such simple facts or regime propaganda of destruction?

I don't have the time or patience to disentangle fact from agenda in the videos you posted, Wolfgang, but I will offer three comments having watched them both:

1. The doctors therein claim to be better equipped to interpret COVID-19-related data than established public health experts such as Drs Fauci and Birx because they see patients, they work in the field - they're not in "an ivory tower" as those doctors are. How does patient contact make a person a better statistician?
    2. In their responses they fail to explain and in fact move quickly away from the obvious impact on COVID-19's impact of social distancing and other society-wide measures. At one point they argue Finland and Norway show social distancing doesn't have a great impact, but at another point they say New York City has lots of people crammed together so it's a lot easier to get the virus. Huh?
    3. The political philosophy likely affecting their interpretation of the data doesn't arise until the final moments of the second video to which you linked, in a moment in which Dr Erickson (the one on the left) talks about the ammo that people are buying, the potential of violence identified by the Facebook posts he's received with pictures of people armed with AK-47's saying "Let's roll," and his view that what's at stake in public policy decisions such as these are our "freedoms." That's partisan political advocacy, not objective data analysis.

• The doctors therein claim to be better equipped to interpret COVID-19-related data than established public health experts such as Drs Fauci and Birx because they see patients, they work in the field - they're not in "an ivory tower" as those doctors are.

they stick with the data available to them and come to their conclusions which happen to contradict the official government associated highly publicized medical figures. And I am old and also simple enough to believe those data because they make more sense overall. Also, they are no different from what I have read other renowned experts to say ... whereas the panic propaganda of the official government folks to this day (at least in Germany) in essence are sticking with the essence of their "overwhelmingly dangerous Covid-19 virus" story, even though they had to admit that their models and estimations were totally off and wrong. The facts coming to light after 3-5 weeks now prove them to have been either terribly ignorant (because it obviously was possible to make more proper estimations) or else (since they are insisting on their panic course) they pursue a different agenda.

There was a journalist with the typical accusatory queestion "So you think, you are correct and the world famous experts all over the place are all wrong?" ....unfortunately, these two Dr.s didn't have th guts to simply answer "YES!" I have no problem and no career restrictions to fear, so I answer with simple and straight forward clear answers .... I see no reason to hold back in criticism of a Prof. so and so, a Dr. Faucé (whether "ivory tower" fellow or not) when their statements cause more harm than benefit and even more so, if their public "contributions" in similar virus wa ves in the past have equally been false and costly to the community while being rather beneficial to folks and companies in their lobby background.

How does patient contact make a person a better statistician?

For example by seeing first hand that not every death even if a patient tested positive is a covid-19 death and thus should not be counted as such, but instead be listed in the "cancer", "heart attack", etc. death lists ?

In their responses they fail to explain and in fact move quickly away from the obvious impact on COVID-19's impact of social distancing and other society-wide measures. At one point they argue Finland and Norway show social distancing doesn't have a great impact, but at another point they say New York City has lots of people crammed together so it's a lot easier to get the virus. Huh?

The comparison was between Norway (country with shutdown, etc) and Sweden (No general shutdown),, and the results of the comparison show that such shutdown has no impact on significantly improving the virus spread etc. As for NYC, what's the point? Shutdown of the general economy and sheltering the healthy does NOT do a lousy thing there .... btw, do you notice the utter inconsistency of the government restrictions in that they close the bar or restaurant where people already have a table width distance, etc. but they don't close the subway and public bus system where people are crammed together??????? IF indeed the social distancing was the point of concern, the government should keep shops, bars, restaurants, open and close the public transportation !!! The government is being manipulated to terrorize the population and to establish some more police state dictatorship (groundwork laid big time after the September 11, 2001 strange events with a dude from a hole in the ground in Afghanistan supposedly outdoing the greatest military defense of any country in the world with some guys with box cutter knives ....

America (American people) awake from slumber ...

• I would say it does not take much to rather clearly identify the "politically influenced talker" and the "simple plain experience based epidemics expert"

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020

Hi folks

the video with the press conference of Dr. Erickson about the Corona topic (see link a few posts above) has been removed by YouTube, as the message shows when clicking on the link:

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines.

I would think that anyone of those who have viewed the video and who has their common sense still available to them would have an interesting time to determine the actual "violations of YouTube's Community Guidelines". In other words, the powers behind YouTube are the powers behind Corona panic propaganda who are deleting anything that is critical of their propaganda and that reveals the lies which drives the panic plot ....

Well ... here's another source:

• Another list of updates by swprs.org (a Swiss website) -- from April 25) on Covid-19 facts (in English)

• Here is a graph published by a German University using official statistics for Germany .... and some added curves:

red line - what the news reports daily ... all positive tests from beginning in accumulated fashion

green line - positive tests minus those older than 14 days

blue line - positive tests minus those older than 18 days

black line - day by day cases reported as new positive

The wave in the black line indicates that reporting was less on Sundays and holidays.

As you can see ,, there NEVER really was a pandemic as purported by the higher powers and their politician puppets via mainstream media.

• Here are some news from the UK:

London’s 4,000-bed Nightingale hospital to be SHUT after treating just 51 Covid-19 patients

NHS England’s flagship Nightingale hospital in London – which opened to much fanfare a month ago – is to close its doors and be placed on ‘standby’ after treating just 51 Covid-19 patients, despite having room for 4,000.

So much for all the propaganda hysterics hype about Covid-19 and this wonderful hospital put up to help in the terrible terrible Covid-19 pandemic that was flooding the UK ... 😡 at the idiot stupids pandemically hyping thee public into hysteric fear

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Reformed,

Can you take anything seriously in these forums? Do you know that more people died from COVID-19 than in the 9/11 Twin Towers, so far? You seem to show some emotion about those that died on 9/11. Given your pattern in these forums, you are inconsistent about showing compassion and meaning it.

The "COVID-19 numbers are inflated", you seem to be happy they're not higher. Reformed, people are dead, and families are grieving. Have you no shame or sincere compassion for the families? Calling me another name will not suffice or atone for your callousness while reflecting insights into the soul.

My brother, take a step back. The "COVID-19 numbers (deaths) are real! Please, leave politics and shaming out of it! Stop it! CM

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

9/11 has nothing to do with this. And those were murder, not natural death. There is a major difference. I don't see you getting bent out of shape about the thousands who die from the flu every year. Here's the facts. People die from viruses every single day. We don't shut down the world for that. This is nonsense.

The death numbers are inflated. NY is reporting just about everything as a COVID-19 death even if the person never tested positive. It's stupid.

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2020

Have a look at the following chart which may explain why relatively speaking a higher % of African American and some other ethnic populations have higher lethal rate with PCR tests being positive and then a medication with HCQ initiated which causes deadly trouble in people with a G6PD-deficiency genetical situation:

Notice, the medical factor causing the severe or fatal result do not have necessarily anything to do with COv-19 virus, but rather the G6PD deficiency in connection with the prophylactic use of HCQ (Hydroxychloroquin) causes Hämolyse trouble in the lungs.

Related to the subject matter => https://multipolar-magazin.de/artikel/covid-19-a-case-for-medical-detectives

• Bill_Coley

@Wolfgang posted:

Notice, the medical factor causing the severe or fatal result do not have necessarily anything to do with COv-19 virus, but rather the G6PD deficiency in connection with the prophylactic use of HCQ (Hydroxychloroquin) causes Hämolyse trouble in the lungs.

The chart from the article to which you linked and which you included in your post, Wolfgang, DOES seem to suggest a link between a G6PD deficiency-HCQ combination and the higher mortality rates among African Americans. The problem is THE ARTICLE ITSELF DOES NOT MAKE SUCH A CLAIM! Here are two relevant paragraphs (the emphases and bracketed note are mine):

Cities such as New York, Chicago, New Orleans, London, or even large cities in Holland, Belgium, Spain and France are such centers. [i.e. a large proportion of the population coming from malaria countries] If the test is widely used in these migration hotspots and is expected to be positive in about 10 to 20% of the population, many people from the G6PD countries will also be among them. If they are then treated with high-dose HCQ, either prophylactically or as part of a "compassionate" use, as planned, then those severe clinical pictures will also be evoked in young people, as has been presented to us by the sensational press, and which keep our fear of Covid-19 alive.

It is unknown how many times this deadly combination has already led to victims. There has been no discussion of the issue among those responsible in the WHO and in governments. There is also a frightening lack of knowledge and sense of responsibility among doctors who are accountable for the treatment of Covid-19 patients or for the staff treating them.

The point the article makes - a medical point to which I am NOT responding in this post - is that the combination of a G6PD deficiency and HCQ would inflate African American COVID-19 mortality rates IF lots of African Americans took HCQ. The article DOES NOT SAY lots of African Americans HAVE taken HCQ; it says only that IF they did, that could inflate mortality rates.

Hence, the chart is VERY misleading, and to me indicative of shoddy work.

• Here is the latest update collection on Corona / Covid-19 from swprs.org

• Bill_Coley
    edited May 2020

@Wolfgang posted:

"Maybe if we looked at it this way, we'd realize the panic is out of control."

How were those "survival rates" calculated, Wolfgang? At first glance, they look to me to be the percentage of each nation's total population which had died from COVID-19 at some point in the last month or so (the U.S. percentage on the chart coincides with 55,000 deaths; we're now at 88,000). Pandemic mortality rates are usually defined as the percentage of confirmed cases that resulted in death. Since not everyone in a country contracts the virus, mortality rates are far higher than the ones you cite.

According to Johns Hopkins University, the recognized authority in this country when it comes to all statistical things COVID-19, our mortality rate is 6.1%, not 0.017% as your chart proposes - that is, higher by a factor of nearly 360. To take another example: Your chart reports the Italian mortality rate at 0.043%, while Johns Hopkins reports it as 14.1% - that is, higher by a factor of nearly 330.

I bring these numbers to your attention NOT to defend panic (btw, what panic is ever IN control?) but to correct the misimpression your chart gives. The fact is that COVID-19 is a highly communicable virus with a global mortality rate high enough to have killed more than 300,000 people worldwide to date.

• The fact is that COVID-19 is a highly communicable virus with a global mortality rate high enough to have killed more than 300,000 people worldwide to date.

And how many people die on an average worldwide over a period of 4,5 months (January - mid May)? In Germany alone,, that many people have died on an average within 3 months on an average every year ...

As for Johns Hopkins University figures, over here even the mainstream media have changed their reporting to now use figures from Germany's RObert-Koch-Institute instead of JHU - as they did for months - when news spread that JHU's figures for Germany had been "estimates"" (rather than actual fact figures).

Warning: I am at times considered to be a conspiracy theorist ....