Heartless America!

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@GaoLu said:
    In many cases, such as this one, the superiority is purely imagined and easily exposed.

Correct

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463
    edited August 2018

@GaoLu said:
    I wish you were sincere.

What do you mean, "I wish you were sincere"? So, you're the arbiter or has a device to determine who is sincere or not? Aren't, you are being a bit presumptuous?

Your posts including this one don't come across that way. Mainly because you are prone to ridiculously liberal unorthodox views and perpetually making belittling comments or assumptions--that appears like trolling.

1. You're repeating your self-generated talking points.
    2. What do you mean by "ridiculously liberal unorthodox views"?
    3. What do you mean by "perpetually making belittling comments or assumptions"?
    • -- "Belittling comments" about what or whom?
      1. Isn't it my privilege to express my opinion freely like other users? Are you trying to suggest my contributions are detrimental to CD's overall health and well-being?
      2. You seem to be obsessed with this troll thing. There is not a Troll or troll-intent in every thread or post. You have to get over this.
      3. Even if someone set out to do such, you're in charge or should be in control of your behavior. You don't have to respond to every post. Freedom reigns in CD.

Honestly, I don't see you as contributing positively most of the time.

By whose standards? Are you accusing me of posting malpractice?

Occasionally you do. I suspect you are quite capable and choose not to do so.

What you think you know, you don't know; that you don't know, what you think you know. Therefore, you...

There are other forums where there is reasonably good interaction, but trolls are rejected.

GaoLu, you are obsessed with "trolls". You're are going to drive yourself mad, if not already. Would you be interested in an article on "How To Overcome The Fear of Trolls? by CM

In the past, there have been players that apparently used multiple identities--even trolling themselves.

Who would do such nonsense? Is this the image of the troll in your mind talking?

"... Everything in me says ignore the place and move on, but I keep hoping.

Listen to your better senses, "keep hoping." CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited August 2018

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:
    I wish you were sincere.

What do you mean, "I wish you were sincere"? So, you're the arbiter or has a device to determine who is sincere or not? Aren't, you are being a bit presumptuous?

Yes. That is what I presume.

Your posts including this one don't come across that way. Mainly because you are prone to ridiculously liberal unorthodox views and perpetually making belittling comments or assumptions--that appears like trolling.

1. You're repeating your self-generated talking points.

True.

1. What do you mean by "ridiculously liberal unorthodox views"?

That statement is pretty clear I think. What do you not understand about it?

1. What do you mean by "perpetually making belittling comments or assumptions"?

Again, what do you not understand? The English and grammar are simple.

• -- "Belittling comments" about what or whom?

People

1. Isn't it my privilege to express my opinion freely like other users?

Yes.

In fact, am not suggesting you should do differently. You are who and what you are. I am just highlighting who you are and hat you do. You might be flattered.

Are you trying to suggest my contributions are detrimental to CD's overall health and well-being?

Yes.

1. You seem to be obsessed with this troll thing.

No

There is not a Troll or troll-intent in every thread or post.

Correct.

You have to get over this.

Some people do not like being exposed--it feels very uncomfortable.

1. Even if someone set out to do such, you're in charge or should be in control of your behavior. You don't have to respond to every post. Freedom reigns in CD.

Right.

Honestly, I don't see you as contributing positively most of the time.

By whose standards? Are you accusing me of posting malpractice?

Mine.

Malpractice???

Occasionally you do. I suspect you are quite capable and choose not to do so.

What you think you know, you don't know; that you don't know, what you think you know. Therefore, you...

Oh.

There are other forums where there is reasonably good interaction, but trolls are rejected.

GaoLu, you are obsessed with "trolls". You're are going to drive yourself mad, if not already. Would you be interested in an article on "How To Overcome The Fear of Trolls? by CM

Trolls ruin forums. That is typically intentional. It reflects a way to lash out in response to feeling incompetent, inferior, powerless. When one lacks affirmation, it is a way to get attention. So it is. We live with it. Sometimes such people find healing.

In the past, there have been players that apparently used multiple identities--even trolling themselves.

Who would do such nonsense? Is this the image of the troll in your mind talking?

Some people do this. You might know some.

"... Everything in me says ignore the place and move on, but I keep hoping.

Listen to your better senses, "keep hoping." CM

That might be helpful.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:
    4. Isn't it my privilege to express my opinion freely like other users?

Yes.

In fact, am not suggesting you should do differently. You are who and what you are. I am just highlighting who you are and hat [that] you do...

GaoLu,
    So, then, what is your problem? Whatever is your problem, I may be able to help you. However, I am not going to make your problem, my problem. "Just highlighting" who I am, is not your calling, task, responsibility, a CD requirement, an assignment or a commission. If you said I know who I am and you know who I am, what's your point? It's moot, at best. You seem to be haunted about something. I know not.

Given your written expressions, you have some kind of internal battle or struggles within you. Maybe the counsel you project on or assumed of others could be the solution. It may do you well to take heed of a group or individual sessions. Read your own thread on Ps. 37. I contributed to the thread. I am sure you will find something useful there. God is the peace that passes all understanding.

GaoLu, take a walk in nature, without your gun, sit in the sun, and have fun. CM

• GaoLu

On the topic of Heartless America, we have Obama still spitting in the face of Americans. No, he is no longer President, mercifully, God replaced him with a much better man, but he still spits in America's face.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/disgraceful-obama-center-gets-lot-for-1-sticks-taxpayers-with-bill-for-almost-200m/

• C Mc
    edited August 2018

Get over it. This is getting old like, yesterday. Deal with Mr. Trump's current disgracefulness. Oh, GaoLu, you didn't answer my question: What is your problem? CM

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

Great joy and thanksgiving for the blessings of God and our great land today is my "problem" as you seem to see it. Another problem is sorrow for those who remain in the prison of hate, anger, fear--bars of their own forging. I wish to offer such people freedom (from bondage, spitting, etc) and to offer hope.

Questions? What questions? I may or may not answer, but don't see anything genuine recently.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Get over it. This is getting old like, yesterday. Deal with Mr. Trump's current disgracefulness. Oh, GaoLu, you didn't answer my question: What is your problem? CM

How about the disgracefulness of the criminal law breaking illegal aliens?

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

How about the disgracefulness of the criminal lawbreaking illegal aliens?

"Here we go again"-- missing the point. Taking children away from their parents= sick minds, Reformed.

Asylum seekers children were taken away. This is against US Laws and God's!

This ugly mark and shame will remain against America forever. No amount of repetition will change this!

You can't be a parent with this attitude. Adopted parents have more heart and attachment than you. How do you sleep at night? Are you trying to say "Brown People" can't love their children or not as much as other people?

Reformed, what people group do you belong and what community you live in? You need to change this shameful attitude!!! Stop it, now, today!!! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

How about the disgracefulness of the criminal lawbreaking illegal aliens?

"Here we go again"-- missing the point. Taking children away from their parents= sick minds, Reformed.

Asylum seekers children were taken away. This is against US Laws and God's!

This ugly mark and shame will remain against America forever. No amount of repetition will change this!

You can't be a parent with this attitude. Adopted parents have more heart and attachment than you. How do you sleep at night? Are you trying to say "Brown People" can't love their children or not as much as other people?

Reformed, what people group do you belong and what community you live in? You need to change this shameful attitude!!! Stop it, now, today!!! CM

The sick ones are the law breakers. Why do you continually defend law breaking?

• C Mc

You can't be a parent with this attitude. Adopted parents have more heart and attachment than you. How do you sleep at night?

You need to change this shameful attitude!!! Stop it, now, today!!! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    You can't be a parent with this attitude. Adopted parents have more heart and attachment than you. How do you sleep at night?

You need to quit supporting parents who put their kids in danger by making them accomplices to crimes. That is what is shameful, what is worse is that you support it.

I'm not the one who should be ashamed. It is you and the law breakers.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

You need to quit supporting parents who put their kids in danger by making them accomplices to crimes. That is what is shameful, what is worse is that you support it.

O' Mr. Reformed, you seem to be in a political stupor where you're failing to grasp what it is to flee persecution and seek asylum. Do you need someone to walk you through the steps? When will you wake up to your cold, compassionless heart toward the innocent children?

You need to change this shameful attitude!!! Stop it, now, today!!!

Look at your children, do you love them? Do you want to be separated from them? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

O' Mr. Reformed, you seem to be in a political stupor where you're failing to grasp what it is to flee persecution and seek asylum. Do you need someone to walk you through the steps? When will you wake up to your cold, compassionless heart toward the innocent children?

You need to change this shameful attitude!!! Stop it, now, today!!!

Look at your children, do you love them? Do you want to be separated from them? CM

That has nothing to do with the conversation. There is a legal way to do it and an illegal way. If you illegally enter this country you are breaking the law and are a criminal and face the consequences.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

That has nothing to do with the conversation. There is a legal way to do it and an illegal way. If you illegally enter this country you are breaking the law and are a criminal and face the consequences.

Reformed, is it possible to have someone to explain to you how to apply for asylum in the USA? Mothers and children are running for their lives!!! Hug your children, small or grown. Would you leave them behind? Babies don't commit sins or crimes!!!

Babies don't commit sins or crimes!!!
    Babies don't commit sins or crimes!!! CM

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

C_M_, your utter ignorance splashed all over the forums is shameful. If mothers with children are running for their lives, believe me, the US and other countries and Christian groups will be all over it with aid. There are legal ways to do it. I am on the ground where that happens and know first hand.

What you describe is criminals and sometimes the worst. If you truly know of authentic cases of mothers with children running for their lives that are turned away by heartless mean Christians, then you would have a case. But that isn't true and either you are really dumb (possible) or deliberately trying to invent conflict.

I think it is Hanlan’s razor, which says, “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." By grace, I offer you the out of the latter.

• C Mc

Thanks for your response, GaoLu, but I'll wait to hear first from Reformed. CM

• reformed

@GaoLu said:
    C_M_, your utter ignorance splashed all over the forums is shameful. If mothers with children are running for their lives, believe me, the US and other countries and Christian groups will be all over it with aid. There are legal ways to do it. I am on the ground where that happens and know first hand.

What you describe is criminals and sometimes the worst. If you truly know of authentic cases of mothers with children running for their lives that are turned away by heartless mean Christians, then you would have a case. But that isn't true and either you are really dumb (possible) or deliberately trying to invent conflict.

I think it is Hanlan’s razor, which says, “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." By grace, I offer you the out of the latter.

@C_M_ said:

Read what @GaoLu said. Nobody is running for their lives across our border.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@GaoLu said:

C_M_,

Stop acting like two bodies and one mind. What do you say? Do you have any independent thought without prior prep from someone else? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@GaoLu said:

C_M_,

Stop acting like two bodies and one mind. What do you say? Do you have any independent thought without prior prep from someone else? CM

Why type out the same thing if someone else already said it?

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said: Thanks for your response, GaoLu, but I'll wait to hear first from Reformed. CM

The same reason God didn't make all men and women from a cookie-cutter mold. :* CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said: Thanks for your response, GaoLu, but I'll wait to hear first from Reformed. CM

The same reason God didn't make all men and women from a cookie-cutter mold. :* CM

That's just an ignorant comment. He also made us with brains. If we don't have anything to add, no need to type for the sake of typing.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

That's just an ignorant comment. He also made us with brains. If we don't have anything to add, no need to type for the sake of typing.

Wonderful! I would give you an "A". You made my point. All don't think alike. What do you say on the matter? Now, in light of the content of this thread, please answer me of this:

@C_M_ said: Reformed, is it possible to have someone to explain to you how to apply for asylum in the USA? Mothers and children are running for their lives!!! Hug your children, small or grown. Would you leave them behind? Babies don't commit sins or crimes!!!

Do you believe this or not?

@C_M_ said: Babies don't commit sins or crimes!!!

What says Reformed?

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Wonderful! I would give you an "A". You made my point. All don't think alike. What do you say on the matter? Now, in light of the content of this thread, please answer me of this:

How in the world did I make your point?

@C_M_ said: Reformed, is it possible to have someone to explain to you how to apply for asylum in the USA? Mothers and children are running for their lives!!! Hug your children, small or grown. Would you leave them behind? Babies don't commit sins or crimes!!!

Do you believe this or not?

1. I have seen no evidence of people running for their lives toward our borders. That being said, you can only apply for asylum under the following conditions:

When actively seeking out information regarding asylum in the U.S. you’ll likely see the topic of persecution come up often. The word itself, to persecute, is the act of harming, harassing, oppressing or causing psychological pain to another.

From a legal standpoint, this includes threats of violence, the denial of human freedoms, unjust imprisonment, etc. A file under persecution should be related to one of five grounds:

Race
    Religion
    Nationality
    Social Group
    Political Opinion

I don't see that happening at the border.

What says Reformed?

Babies absolutely do commit sin. Romans 3:23

• @reformed said:

What says Reformed?

How do babies overstep God's command which they do not even know? My understanding is that babies can NOT commit sin, since they can NOT know nor distinguish between good and evil.

Seems to me that Rom 3:23 is not even talking about babies, is it? Is it not known that the word "all" must always be understood in light of the context in which it is used? that "all" may be referring to "all without exception", or to "all within a certain framework without distinction", or to "all as used for the vast majority". etc??

• reformed

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:

What says Reformed?

How do babies overstep God's command which they do not even know? My understanding is that babies can NOT commit sin, since they can NOT know nor distinguish between good and evil.

Seems to me that Rom 3:23 is not even talking about babies, is it? Is it not known that the word "all" must always be understood in light of the context in which it is used? that "all" may be referring to "all without exception", or to "all within a certain framework without distinction", or to "all as used for the vast majority". etc??

No, it means all men. The only exception is Christ.

• GaoLu
    edited August 2018

Seeking asylum is a legal process. I know a fair amount about that from the ground level. I am unaware that any of what happens at the Mexican Border is legal asylum. There have likely are legitimate cases and I would think someone would have a Billium link.

Historically very few (as far as I know) have sought asylum at the Mexican border though that has changed recently and nearly all (10's of thousands) are turned away as inadmissible hoaxes. I have yet to hear of anything like a legitimate case being turned away. The odds are vastly in favor of being granted asylum. I personally know hundreds of such people from working with Russians and Asians granted religious-persecution asylum.

• @reformed said:

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:

You just making some claim doesn't prove that your claim is correct. Actually, if you already speak of one EXCEPTION, then the "all" cannot mean "all without exception" ... did you not notice how you just contradicted yourself?

Also, IF your assumption were correct, then please tell us how and by what actions babies commit sin against God, since they are not able to know and distinguish good and evil????

• reformed

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:

@Wolfgang said:

@reformed said:

You just making some claim doesn't prove that your claim is correct. Actually, if you already speak of one EXCEPTION, then the "all" cannot mean "all without exception" ... did you not notice how you just contradicted yourself?

Also, IF your assumption were correct, then please tell us how and by what actions babies commit sin against God, since they are not able to know and distinguish good and evil????

1. We are born into sin.
    2. Christ was not the same as all other men for two reasons. He was God and also he was not born as any other man.
  • @reformed said:

1. We are born into sin.

I have never found a statement in Scripture which would support this assumption ... and - as I already mentioned - I have found Scripture which does support that
    (a) sin is the overstepping of God's commandment/law
    (b) babies to not know nor are able to distinguish between good and evil and are therefore UNABLE TO SIN

How do you want to prove your point that babies commit sin ?? Again, how or with what responsible action do babies overstep God's commandment/law??

1. Christ was not the same as all other men for two reasons. He was God and also he was not born as any other man.

Are you aware that you are essentially denying that Jesus was indeed a man, a human being ... in other words you actually denying that Jesus "has come in the flesh" ("was a human being") ??
    It seems rather clear to me that Jesus was born as any other human being is born, namely by a woman after 40 weeks of pregnancy ...
    If that was not the case, why would the Biblical records term what happened "a birth" and speak of it as having been "born of a woman" ???

Did you really intend with your post to flat out contradict Scripture in the way in which you did?