Heartless America!

Comments

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited October 2018

What do you call the man who does nothing useful, but who toots--mocking, belittling, deriding others and then further cries like a baby when the "doers" confront his hypocritic toots? We could certainly name him. For not doing so, you are most welcome.

PS. Even a moose has more respect for America than a lot of people these days.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@GaoLu said:
    What do you call the man who does nothing useful, but who toots--mocking, belittling, deriding others and then further cries like a baby when the "doers" confront his hypocritic toots? We could certainly name him. For not doing so, you are most welcome.

A guy who wouldn't carry a gun, kill an animal (for sport or meat), will not separate children from their parents, wouldn't approve Kavanaugh to be on the Supreme Court, etc.

PS. Even a moose has more [respect for America] than a lot of people these days.

It sounds like America may want to increase its moose population for greater patriotism. Let's not lose the reality that people are free-moral beings. Moose wears what one puts on him or what he runs into. He operates from instincts, but a man from thoughts and reason. Besides, the Supreme Court says, a non-moose can burn the flag as a form of "free speech". CM

• GaoLu
    edited October 2018

@C_M_ said:

@GaoLu said:

A guy who wouldn't carry a gun, kill an animal (for sport or meat), will not separate children from their parents, wouldn't approve Kavanaugh to be on the Supreme Court, etc.

Actually, I don't do any of those things and I support Kavanaugh, etc.

PS. Even a moose has more [respect for America] than a lot of people these days.

It sounds like America may want to increase its moose population for greater patriotism. Let's not lose the reality that people are free-moral beings. Moose wears what one puts on him or what he runs into. He operates from instincts, but a man from thoughts and reason. Besides, the Supreme Court says, a non-moose can burn the flag as a form of "free speech". CM

The moose is a symbol, not a real person. I will try really hard not to bring anyone's intellect into question given my recent well-deserved reprimand, but it you surely know that. While you may mock (while whining that others attack you), the symbol is powerful and moving for those who don't hate America.

• C Mc

The President mocked Dr. Ford tonight at a rally. The leader of the Free world would do this to a person, Oh, what pain! What has America come too? Can you imagine what bearing the President's mocking of this woman would have on other sexual-abuse survivors? America should lower its head in shame. Please, Republicans, talk to your President. This is not right. CM

• GaoLu
    edited October 2018

Oh, "[C_M_] should lower [his] head in shame." "What has [CD] come too[sic]?" "Oh what pain!" What "mocking of" others we endure at his words.

• C Mc

You don't feel this woman's pain? I am not the President and I didn't mock her before thousands. CM

America, show some heart! CM

• GaoLu
    edited October 2018

I would not mock her testimony and from what I read, Trump didn't either. If reciting her testimony is mockery, then what do you call the testimony?

1. You can't stand if anyone makes a false accusation against you yet you make them against a president.
    2. You mock others endlessly in passive-aggressive fashion and complain to the forum leader when someone confronts you on it.

That is character issue.

• C Mc

------------------ Good night or good morning, wherever you are...CM

• GaoLu
    I trust you are feeling better today?
  • reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    The President mocked Dr. Ford tonight at a rally. The leader of the Free world would do this to a person, Oh, what pain! What has America come too? Can you imagine what bearing the President's mocking of this woman would have on other sexual-abuse survivors? America should lower its head in shame. Please, Republicans, talk to your President. This is not right. CM

How did he mock her? What did he do?

• C Mc

Someone accused me of mocking in these forums, ask him. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Someone accused me of mocking in these forums, ask him. CM

I'm asking you since you made the charge. By the way, I watched the video, he didn't mock her.

• C Mc

NO! See below...

Trump mocks Christine Blasey Ford's testimony, tells people to 'think of your son'

By Allie Malloy, Kate Sullivan and Jeff Zeleny, CNN
    Updated 7:47 AM ET, Wed October 3, 2018
    Trump mocks Ford's sexual assault testimony

President Donald Trump for the first time directly mocked Christine Blasey Ford's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee by casting doubt on her testimony during a campaign rally.

Before the crowd Tuesday night in Southaven, Mississippi, Trump imitated Ford during her testimony, mocking her for not knowing the answers to questions such as how she had gotten to the high school party where she says Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her.
    "I had one beer. Well, do you think it was -- nope, it was one beer," Trump said, mimicking Ford's testimony last week to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    "How did you get home? I don't remember. How'd you get there? I don't remember. Where is the place? I don't remember. How many years ago was it? I don't know."
    Trump's comments were met with laughter and applause from the crowd...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    The mirror. Reflected a new account. Sorry. CM :/

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

NO! See below...

Trump mocks Christine Blasey Ford's testimony, tells people to 'think of your son'

By Allie Malloy, Kate Sullivan and Jeff Zeleny, CNN
    Updated 7:47 AM ET, Wed October 3, 2018
    Trump mocks Ford's sexual assault testimony

President Donald Trump for the first time directly mocked Christine Blasey Ford's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee by casting doubt on her testimony during a campaign rally.

Before the crowd Tuesday night in Southaven, Mississippi, Trump imitated Ford during her testimony, mocking her for not knowing the answers to questions such as how she had gotten to the high school party where she says Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her.
    "I had one beer. Well, do you think it was -- nope, it was one beer," Trump said, mimicking Ford's testimony last week to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    "How did you get home? I don't remember. How'd you get there? I don't remember. Where is the place? I don't remember. How many years ago was it? I don't know."
    Trump's comments were met with laughter and applause from the crowd...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

That doesn't mean he mocked her. He stated facts and showed her inconsistencies and factual mishaps.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

That doesn't mean he mocked her. He stated facts and showed her inconsistencies and factual mishaps.

Hold up! check your position. If someone repeats the facts about something that caused you great pain in the past and have thousands laugh, I think you may want to take those words back or change your position right away. I think you know what I am talking about. So, show some respect and be considerate of Ms. Ford's painful experience. Yes, your President was wrong and did a shameful thing. You can't stand with him on this not be aware of your own vulnerabilities. Man up! CM

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:

When I saw the president's take on Dr Ford last night, I thought of his cruel mocking of a NY Times reporter with disabilities during a campaign stop in 2016. Last night's mocking was not THAT cruel, but it was mocking without a doubt.

Listen to his voice tone. Listen to the machine gun presentation of questions Dr Ford acknowledged she couldn't answer. If the president's intention was to present facts, he would have done so in a calm, news reporter tone. But that was not his tone or his intention.

And remember the president told us the other day that he has "a very open mind" on the matter as he waits for the results of the FBI probe. Did his comments last night reflect "a very open mind" with regard to Dr Ford's testimony? Blatantly not. "A very open mind" wouldn't be commenting on the case at all until the FBI report arrives.

Of course the president mocked Dr Ford.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

When I saw the president's take on Dr Ford last night, I thought of his cruel mocking of a NY Times reporter with disabilities during a campaign stop in 2016. Last night's mocking was not THAT cruel, but it was mocking without a doubt.

Listen to his voice tone. Listen to the machine gun presentation of questions Dr Ford acknowledged she couldn't answer. If the president's intention was to present facts, he would have done so in a calm, news reporter tone. But that was not his tone or his intention.

And remember the president told us the other day that he has "a very open mind" on the matter as he waits for the results of the FBI probe. Did his comments last night reflect "a very open mind" with regard to Dr Ford's testimony? Blatantly not. "A very open mind" wouldn't be commenting on the case at all until the FBI report arrives.

Of course the president mocked Dr Ford.

Of course you would think that.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:

And of course... you wouldn't even mention, let alone engage, the substance of my post, or directly address its central claim that a president of the United States who claims to have "a very open mind" on the matter would not be making such comments before the FBI report arrives, and especially not during a campaign rally?

Apparently so.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

And of course... you wouldn't even mention, let alone engage, the substance of my post, or directly address its central claim that a president of the United States who claims to have "a very open mind" on the matter would not be making such comments before the FBI report arrives, and especially not during a campaign rally?

Apparently so.

He is making the same statements any other objective person would make. Her story has way too many holes. That's not mocking, that is statement of fact. Can he help it if people start laughing and clapping? Was he mocking himself at the UN when people started laughing and clapping? Are you, yet again, applying a double standard?

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:

He is making the same statements any other objective person would make. Her story has way too many holes. That's not mocking, that is statement of fact. Can he help it if people start laughing and clapping? Was he mocking himself at the UN when people started laughing and clapping? Are you, yet again, applying a double standard?

Those were NOT the "same statements any other objective (president of the United States who claimed to have 'a very open mind' while he or she waited for the results of an FBI background check) would make."

Your claim that he stated facts is exactly the defense press secretary Huckabee Sanders offered today. It's good to know the right has its talking points in order.

As for the president at the UN, keep in mind that the crowd's laughing was its mocking of the president. Conduct a simple Google search for the public comments that have been offered by various foreign diplomats who were in the hall when the president spoke. As a rule, they said the hall was laughing AT the president, not applauding his performance in office.

• reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Those were NOT the "same statements any other objective (president of the United States who claimed to have 'a very open mind' while he or she waited for the results of an FBI background check) would make."

We disagree.

Your claim that he stated facts is exactly the defense press secretary Huckabee Sanders offered today. It's good to know the right has its talking points in order.

Are you disputing those facts?

As for the president at the UN, keep in mind that the crowd's laughing was its mocking of the president. Conduct a simple Google search for the public comments that have been offered by various foreign diplomats who were in the hall when the president spoke. As a rule, they said the hall was laughing AT the president, not applauding his performance in office.

You didn't answer what I said. Was the president mocking himself? Because by your standard, if the crowd laughs, whether that was the intention of the speaker or not, it means the speaker was mocking the subject.

• Bill_Coley

@reformed said:

Yes.

• The president said Dr Ford says she doesn't know whether the assault took place "upstairs or downstairs." (at the 0:33 mark of the video) She has been VERY clear that the assault took place in a bedroom upstairs in the home where it took place. Either the president lied about her not knowing whether it was upstairs or downstairs, or he doesn't know the facts, yet spoke as if he did. Either explanation does not speak well of a president who claims to have "a very open mind" on the matter.
    • The president also said Blasey Ford says "the only thing" she remembers is that she had "one beer." (at the 0:36 mark of the video) That's patently false. She remembers some of the people at the party, the small bathroom across from the upstairs bedroom, her being pushed into the room and onto a bed, Kavanaugh on top of her, groping at her clothing, his covering her mouth, the turned-up music, Mark Judge's jumping on the bed at least twice, the second time allowing her to escape from the bedroom into the bathroom across the hall. Either the president lied about her remembering nothing other than that she had one beer, or he doesn't know the facts, yet spoke as if he did. Either explanation does not speak well of a president who claims to have "a very open mind" on the matter.

You didn't answer what I said. Was the president mocking himself? Because by your standard, if the crowd laughs, whether that was the intention of the speaker or not, it means the speaker was mocking the subject.

I didn't say anything about such a "standard." Mocking is an action taken by the mocker, not the mocker's audience.

• Candidate Trump mocked the NY Times reporter. HE did that. Whether the crowd laughed is not relevant to whether he mocked the reporter. Goodness, just because the crowd doesn't laugh at a comedian's joke doesn't mean he or she didn't tell a joke.
    • The UN audience mocked the president with its laugh. Whether the president - the audience, in this case - interpreted their response as mocking is not relevant to whether they intended to mock him.
    • Trump mocked Dr Ford last night. The crowd's reaction was deplorable, but it did not determine whether the president's words were mocking. It was HIS words and HIS tone and HIS presentation that testified to the mocking.
  • reformed

@Bill_Coley said:

@reformed said:

Yes.

• The president said Dr Ford says she doesn't know whether the assault took place "upstairs or downstairs." (at the 0:33 mark of the video) She has been VERY clear that the assault took place in a bedroom upstairs in the home where it took place. Either the president lied about her not knowing whether it was upstairs or downstairs, or he doesn't know the facts, yet spoke as if he did. Either explanation does not speak well of a president who claims to have "a very open mind" on the matter.

Ok, I will grant you this one point and he could have gotten confused with the part about the boys talking upstairs or downstairs when she was locked in the bathroom. but I will grant you that one.

• The president also said Blasey Ford says "the only thing" she remembers is that she had "one beer." (at the 0:36 mark of the video) That's patently false. She remembers some of the people at the party, the small bathroom across from the upstairs bedroom, her being pushed into the room and onto a bed, Kavanaugh on top of her, groping at her clothing, his covering her mouth, the turned-up music, Mark Judge's jumping on the bed at least twice, the second time allowing her to escape from the bedroom into the bathroom across the hall. Either the president lied about her remembering nothing other than that she had one beer, or he doesn't know the facts, yet spoke as if he did. Either explanation does not speak well of a president who claims to have "a very open mind" on the matter.

She changes her story on the people at the party so no she doesn't remember. That is fact. And you are arguing semantics on this one. I will not grant you this one. She alleges, not necessarily remembers, Kavanaugh on top of her. That is a recent change in her story. She can't remember things though if those people weren't even at said event. Again, you are arguing semantics. The president has pointed out things that changed with her story so she doesn't clearly remember those things.

I didn't say anything about such a "standard." Mocking is an action taken by the mocker, not the mocker's audience.

Same scenario. Same speaker. Two different crowds. You have a double standard.

• Candidate Trump mocked the NY Times reporter. HE did that. Whether the crowd laughed is not relevant to whether he mocked the reporter. Goodness, just because the crowd doesn't laugh at a comedian's joke doesn't mean he or she didn't tell a joke.

We aren't talking about that incident now are we?

• The UN audience mocked the president with its laugh. Whether the president - the audience, in this case - interpreted their response as mocking is not relevant to whether they intended to mock him.

Ah, so maybe the audience intended to mock Ford. But you can't say the president did just based on the video.

• Trump mocked Dr Ford last night. The crowd's reaction was deplorable, but it did not determine whether the president's words were mocking. It was HIS words and HIS tone and HIS presentation that testified to the mocking.

Negative. Won't grant you that at all.

And quite honestly, Ford comes across as a buffoon. She can't remember her story and keep it straight. She gets easily confused, changes things.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. Apparently she didn't get told that as a kid. Or I guess she forgot that too.

• GaoLu
    I can't imagine how anyone but the dullest of liberals could construe what Trump did as mocking and yet the woman's story was so....absurd, we can hardly blame the audience for snickering--not at any misfortunate she may or may have not encountered but at the unexpected incongruity of her story as well as personal relief that the matter all turned out to be nothing.
  • reformed

@GaoLu said:
    I can't imagine how anyone but the dullest of liberals could construe what Trump did as mocking and yet the woman's story was so....absurd, we can hardly blame the audience for snickering--not at any misfortunate she may or may have not encountered but at the unexpected incongruity of her story as well as personal relief that the matter all turned out to be nothing.

Oh now it turns out she may have actually lied to the Judiciary Committee. That's pretty rich considering the smears against Kavanaugh.

• GaoLu

An investigation into Ford and those shoving her forward should be well investigated. Neither Ford nor any deceiving cronies should not get away with abusing Kavanaugh or America that way.

• reformed

@GaoLu said:
    An investigation into Ford and those shoving her forward should be well investigated. Neither Ford nor any deceiving cronies should not get away with abusing Kavanaugh or America that way.

Exactly

• C Mc

ARE WE PREPARED TO DISCUSS OTHER MATTERS SIGHTING FACTS USING TRUMP'S RALLY FORMAT? CM

• GaoLu

The liberal freakout about Trump's rally appears to be guilt and/or fear.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    ARE WE PREPARED TO DISCUSS OTHER MATTERS SIGHTING FACTS USING TRUMP'S RALLY FORMAT? CM

Says the one who hardly ever cites facts. Just makes outrageous claims with no proof.