The Angel of the Lord as God, a.k.a. Jesus?

Bible Believing Posters,

The Old Testament gives many stories of a being called the "Angel of the Lord" or sometimes simply the "Angel," but acts and speaks like God and is identified as God.

These manifestations provide a profound riddle because the "Angel of the Lord" is both referred to as God and also distinguished from God who resides in heaven. Can we resolve this apparent contradiction?

There are a number of biblical passages that contain the “Angel of the Lord”:

• Gen 16:7-14; 21:17; 22:11-18; 31:3-13; 48:15-16
  • Exod 3:2-7; 14:19; 23:20-23
  • Num 22:22-35
  • Judg 2:1-5; 6:11-24; 13:3-23
  • 1 Kgs 19:5-7
  • 2 Kgs 1:3- 4
  • 1 Chr 21:13-30
  • Zech 3:1-2

Could all these refer to the pre-incarnate Christ? Share understanding of these and other biblical passages on the "The Angel of the Lord" from your study of the Word. CM

Comments

• Trintarians are tricky. They claim God was an angel but Jesus Christ was never an angel. (Proverns 8:36)

To this very day, opposers of Jesus Christ continue to reject the Messenger in (Exodus 23:20-21 KJV) whom received the name Jesus which actually means ‘Jehovah is Salvation’.

Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him.” (Luke 9:35)  Accepting Jesus as the Christ can add a profound meaning for your Life. Jesus warned the wicked Religious Leaders of his day, “For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!’” (Matthew 23:39)

“Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him” (Exodus 23:20-21 KJV)

"He was oppressed and he let himself be afflicted, But he would not open his mouth. He was brought like a sheep to the slaughter, Like a ewe that is silent before its shearers, And he would not open his mouth." (Isaiah 53:7)

"And he was given a burial place with the wicked, And with the rich in his death, Although he had done no wrong And there was no deception in his mouth." (Isaiah 53:9)

To deny the Angel of God’s Presence you would have to reject Jesus Christ as the Word of God. “In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the Angel of his Presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bore them and carried them all the days of old.” (Isaiah 63:9 ASV)

1. You would have to reject that Jesus Christ was afflicted with our sins.
    2. You would have to reject that Jesus Christ is our Salvation.
    3. You would have to reject that Jesus Christ loved us or felt pity for us.
    4. You would have to reject that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer.
    5. You would have to reject that Jesus Christ died for our sins once and for all time.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• In the final Chapter of Daniel, Gabriel gives detailed information about the Ruler of God’s kingdom that would mark the End of the Gentile times.  At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King. *​—Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14. The prophecy is detailed to Daniel in the following scripture from Gabriel. “During that time Miʹcha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book.” (Daniel 12:1)

Yes in 1914, Michael the Great Prince stands up to begin Ruling as King of God’s Kingdom. Michael is the Mighty God in Isaiah 9:6, the Prince of Peace, the Angel of Great Counsel who is Wisdom in Proverbs 8. Michael is the one Philippians spoken of has being given the Name. “Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God. No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake” (Philippians 2:5-8)

For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Jesus said to him: “Why do you call Me good? Nobody is good except one, God.” (Mark 10:18)

"Father, if you want to, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not My will, but Yours take place." (Luke 22:42)