Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusions?

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusions?

Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who accepted the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation. The truth never changes and a true Christian should also be mindful of Satan's Challenge to Jehovah about skin in behalf of skin. Therefore, accepting *Blood* from another source or even themselves could be rendered a denial of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In the time of the end known as the Last Days, "Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand." (Daniel 12:10) True Christians who exercise faith in the Living Blood of Christ will survive the Last Days and 'are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, for they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'(Rev 7:14)

Teachings of Jesus Christ:

• "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day;" (John 6:54)
  • "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)
  • "But whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens." (Matthew 10:33)
  • "Just let your word ‘Yes’ mean yes, your ‘No,’ no, for what goes beyond these is from the wicked one." (Matthew 5:37)

Teaching of the Apostles:

• "For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left," (Hebrews 10:26)

Teaching of the Holy Spirit:

• "Abstain . . . from blood. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28-29)

Teachings of Jesus Christ about Holy Spirit

• "For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven." (Matthew 12:31)
  • "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." (Matthew 12:32)

The Bible commands that God's People not ingest blood. So we should not accept whole blood or its primary components in any form, whether offered as food or as a transfusion. Note the following scriptures:

• Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.
  • Leviticus 17:14.You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.
  • Acts 15:20.Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.

Doctors in Italy Show Interest in Transfusion-Alternative Strategies

Public Notice Video

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

Tagged:

Comments

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521
    edited November 2021

JW's and More Forbidden Practices Based on Beliefs

Viewed as idolatrous …

—   belonging to any political party

—   holding an elected office

—   pledging allegiance to the flag

—   serving jury duty

—   serving in the military

—   singing the national anthem

—   voting in elections

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that when Satan offered Jesus control of the governments of the world, he had authority over those governments. Yet Romans chapter 13 states that the governing authorities have been established by God Himself.

“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.”

--(Romans 13:1–2

The blood transfusion that

JW's REJECT and most NEED

is the blood of a divine Jesus

for redemption from their sins

and the Watchtower.

• Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who accepted the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation. The truth never changes and a true Christian should also be mindful of Satan's Challenge to Jehovah about skin in behalf of skin. Therefore, accepting *Blood* from another source or even themselves could be rendered a denial of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

In the time of the end known as the Last Days, "Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand." (Daniel 12:10)

True Christians who exercise faith in the Living Blood of Christ will survive the Last Days and 'are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, for they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'(Rev 7:14)

Teachings of Jesus Christ:

• "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day;" (John 6:54)
    • "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth

I learned from a friend that this Bible passage has set many JW's free from bondage to the Watchtower and fear:

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.”

(John 17:20–25)

• The difference between me and you is that I beleive the Righteous Father SENT Jesus. You claim God changed into a man and preach the pagan dotrine of incarnation.

Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. (John 17:25) Jesus was Praying to WHOM? His God and Father whom asking HIM to watch over them! WHY? To beleive that the Father SENT Jesus Christ. Amen! Hallehjah! Praise Jah!

• Truth
    edited November 2021

@BroRando - There is some truth to what you said. Let's straighten it out (No doubt you got your wrong "pagan doctrine " idea from your JW Pope at the Watchtower).

@BroRandos' Wrong JW Belief:

“My only hope of attaining eternal security on ‘Paradise Earth’ is by diligently obeying the teachings and doctrines of the Watchtower organization.”

Jehovah's True Belief:

My heavenly hope is eternally secure through my personal relationship with Jesus Christ … God, the Son.

“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3)

“Thomas said to him [Jesus], ‘My Lord and my God!’ ”    (John 20:28)

•  My heavenly hope is eternally secure through my personal relationship with Jesus Christ … God, the Son.

“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3)

“Thomas said to him [Jesus], ‘My Lord and my God!’ ”   (John 20:28)

No "God the Son" found in the Bible ... and John 17:17 actually refutes that idea of a "God the Son".

But then, folks like @Truth know better and more than Jesus himself knew and made known about himself and God, his Father, Whom he regarded as the ONLY One Who is true God.

• Truth

@Wolfgang No one is mad at you (I don't think). Maybe we go about it all wrong, but we pity your loss deeply and feel such urgency for you to know truth that will set you free. We love you, man!

• @Wolfgang No one is mad at you (I don't think). Maybe we go about it all wrong, but we pity your loss deeply and feel such urgency for you to know truth that will set you free. We love you, man!

Talking to yourself again ... hypocritical "love talk"

• Truth
    edited November 2021

I am speaking to you @Wolfgang . I don't really know you, but, yes, I truly do love you.

If you fell in the street, I would run to help you up.

If you needed $100 I would give it to you.

If you were attacked by a mob of nutjob cultist JW's, I love you enough to die to save you from them.

More than any of the above, I want you to know you have a very real soul. There is a very real God, Jesus, and I want you saved to see Him and know Him. I want you to be my Brother. If I am over-the-top, well, partly that is my personality, but in fact, I love you that much.

[PS. I noticed that you are strongly antisemitic / prejudiced against Jews. How do you feel about black people?]

• Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• [PS. I noticed that you are strongly antisemitic / prejudiced against Jews. How do you feel about black people?]

More falsehood accusations ... You give the impression of speaking to a person of your fantasy ...

I am not looking at people's skin color ... have seen good and bad behavior, gave seen genuine God-fearing and also agnostics ungodly people, with same skin color or racial background.

So why are you spewing out more and more "sweet as honey smooth as oil but in the end bitter as wormwood" speech?

• Truth
    edited November 2021

Are you married?

Do you belong to any church?

Is your best friend your dog?

Let a little love IN, man.

I have deep-rooted resistance to trying to prove anything to anyone. I am not here to say, "You need God to live and be happy." I am here because God has set His love upon me, and I want to express to you how I try every day to be more fully who I already am. Beyond that I am powerless.

Post edited by Truth on
  • C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463
    edited November 2021

@BroRando said:

Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who accepted the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation.

What? Is this true? Why do they accept the "the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation"?

How do you justify this in light of what you say about Jesus? I really would love hear three independent answers from 1st @Bill_Coley, 2nd @Wolfgang, and 3rd @BroRando in that order. A created being, a man, is your savior? You worship a man? CM

• Truth

Make that superman.

Polytheism at its worse...a superman they call a god. Even jungle tribes have better false religions than that.

• Why do they accept the "the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation"?

"They" will need to answer that one ...

How do you justify this in light of what you say about Jesus?

I believe what Scripture teaches .... c.p. Rom 5:9, 12ff; Mk 10:45; Joh 6:53-55: Eph 2:13, 1Pe 1:19; 1Jo 1:7; Heb 9:12ff

... A created being, a man, is your savior? You worship a man?

See above .... Blood of animals did not suffice, the blood of a sinless man did .... God is SPIRIT and Soirit Beings have no blood to shed.

As for "worship" => I worship the ONE Who alone is true God as God, I worship the man Jesus whom God has made both Lord and Christ as my Lord and Christ ... and, btw, I worship my wife as my wife!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2021

@C Mc, how many do you have and worship as true God -- one? two? three? more?

• Truth
    - Followers of the Jesus who is God believe in ONLY one God.
    - Followers of the false superman/demigod Jesus practice polytheism. They worship both some unknown god (cabbaging onto a name made up by a Catholic monk) + superman god they call Jesus.
  • C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Truth said:

"...cabbaging onto a name made up by a Catholic monk".

Unpack this. Do tell. A reference would do. CM

• Truth
    edited November 2021

Unpack this. Do tell. A reference would do

Ok.

1. Catholic apologetics statement on the matter: https://www.catholic.com/qa/is-gods-name-yahweh-or-jehovah
    2. Watchtower publication "Aid to Bible Understanding" p.884 Entry "Jehovah": https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200012337
    3. Interesting blog on the topic: https://nameofyah.blogspot.com/2018/11/monk-invent.html

To quickly find the relevant passages, I used the page search (Control + F) to search for "monk"

@C Mc

@BroRando

• Truth
    edited November 2021

Still waiting for the failed JW prophecies of  Armageddon...

• The "time of trouble" has to conclude which began in 1914. (Mark 13:8) Once this period of trouble ends, then comes the Destruction of the wicked. (Daniel 12:10) "Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape." (1 Thess 5:3)

In the first part of 1914, the Bible Students known as International Bible Students Association discussed the “time of trouble” on the printed page called The Bible Students Monthly.

Early in 1914, an issue of The Bible Students Monthly was issued with the large bold heading “END OF WORLD IN 1914? Some have quoted the large headline of this tract as proof that Russell was expecting the “end of the world” in 1914. However, such neglect the subheading under the larger headline, which states: “NOT THE VIEW OF PASTOR RUSSELL NOR OF I.B.S.A.” International Bible Students Association:

"Nevertheless, when viewed from God’s standpoint, we are still “shortly after” 1914. Although Russell himself did not think the time of trouble would be this long, he did allow that it could be. It is possible that the time allotted for this period is 120 years (1914+120=2034), but that these days will be “cut short” some time before they are allowed to reach their end. We do not put this forth as a “prophecy”, nor would we feel anything was wrong if 2034 came and went and nothing had happened as far the full binding of Satan and the destruction of his empire is concerned. All things are in God’s hands."

• To bring a little light into the coming of the Son of man, also called "return of Christ", a look at what Jesus said about it might be helpful:

Mt 16:27-28

Mk 8:38 - 9:1; Lk 9:26-27

Mt 23:32-36; 24:3,34

Mt 26:64

John 21:21-23

There are more clear statements made in the other NT writings .... all tell the truth that the Lord's coming spoken of in Scripture happened almost 2000 years ago ... thus it is no surprise that any predictions of the coming of the Lord over recent centuries or decades were unbiblical false fantasy.

• Two days of a 1,000 years each would need to pass. The closer we get to the ending, the louder the demons will claim that the end is not coming... Religion is on borrowed time. She will be Destroyed Soon.

• Truth

Already the Demons cry out, and the spirit of Anti-Christ is present, denying the divinity of Jesus Himself.

• The trinity is a false messiah that denies the Deity of Christ.

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 301

Blessings to you all, and sorry again that I've not been more active recently...

I received a complaint about this thread and others.

Please let me remind you that name-calling and ad-hominems are the lowest form of argumentative strategy.

We criticize ideas, not people.

• Truth

@BroRando

The trinity is a false messiah that denies the Deity of Christ.

"The "Trinity" isn't my favorite term, but it certainly isn't the "Messiah. Jesus is the Messiah.

And wait...are you now affirming the deity of Christ?

@Jan Great graphic in argumentive strategy.

• Jehovah Witnesses believe in the Deity of Christ. We totaly reject the Deity of Gods such as the trinity that false christanity peddles.

• Truth

On those points we totally agree.

However, if Jehovah is deity and Jesus is deity, we have a problem. If you have two gods, that is polytheism.

(Just so you know, I do not and have never followed your links--I have no interest in the Watchtower because we know it is falsehood.)