Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusions?
Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who accepted the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation. The truth never changes and a true Christian should also be mindful of Satan's Challenge to Jehovah about skin in behalf of skin. Therefore, accepting *Blood* from another source or even themselves could be rendered a denial of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In the time of the end known as the Last Days, "Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand." (Daniel 12:10) True Christians who exercise faith in the Living Blood of Christ will survive the Last Days and 'are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, for they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'(Rev 7:14)
Teachings of Jesus Christ:
- "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day;" (John 6:54)
- "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)
- "But whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens." (Matthew 10:33)
- "Just let your word ‘Yes’ mean yes, your ‘No,’ no, for what goes beyond these is from the wicked one." (Matthew 5:37)
Teaching of the Apostles:
- "For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left," (Hebrews 10:26)
Teaching of the Holy Spirit:
- "Abstain . . . from blood. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28-29)
Teachings of Jesus Christ about Holy Spirit
- "For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven." (Matthew 12:31)
- "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." (Matthew 12:32)
The Bible commands that God's People not ingest blood. So we should not accept whole blood or its primary components in any form, whether offered as food or as a transfusion. Note the following scriptures:
- Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.
- Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.
- Acts 15:20. “Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.