Adam and Eve, what they didn't know...

Adam and Eve, what they didn't know...

Jehovah God took the man and settled him in the garden of Eʹden to cultivate it and to take care of it. Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” (Genesis 1:15-17)

Adam had everlasting life in view. All he had to do, is not partake of the tree of the knowledge of good and bad. Other than that, Adam could eat from EVERY tree of the garden including the tree of life to satisfaction. If you are a Lover of Jehovah God, then you Aprecciate and Love the Deep things of God. Jehovah God is a Revealer of Secrets. (Daniel 2:47)

The anointed cherub that was covering in the Garden of Eden started to grow a haughty heart and out of that haughtiness, he became vengeful and vindictive at the first human couple. Angels are moral agents and don't have to ability to procreate, not as spirits anyway. Now the serpent was the most cautious of all the wild animals of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it said to the woman: “Did God really say that you must not eat from every tree of the garden?” (Genesis 3:1) This angel well knew what command that Jehovah laid on Adam. However, Jehovah never laid the command on Eve. It was Adam's Headship to guide his wife and Jehovah gave him some latitude in how to instruct her.

Jehovah simply commanded Adam, "but as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” (Genesis 1:17) Either Adam choose to go beyond the command of not eating its fruit by adding"no touching" and about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden. (Non-specific). Or Eve took it on her own to expand Jehovah's command. Because next to that very tree of good and bad was the tree of Life. Evidently in the middle of the garden?

Notice Eve's answer goes beyond what Jehovah commanded Adam. "At this the woman said to the serpent: “We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden. But God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’” (Genesis 3:2-4) Also, in her answer about the tree was not named... but noticed in his reply he mentions knowing good and bad.

Next, the anointed cherub's response to Eve is quite telling. "At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die. For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad.” (Genesis 3:4-5) Did Adam tell his Wife, not to eat of fruit of the tree in the middle, (non-specific) because the tree of life was also in the middle of the garden along with the tree of the knowledge of good and bad. Not only did Adam and Eve have permission to eat from 'the tree of life' before they sinned, but they could have eaten from it after they sinned before they went hiding from Michael the Archangel as he was walking in the breezy part of the day. "Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden." (Genesis 3:8) Evidently this wasn't the first time they spoke with Jehovah's Chief Messenger as the word of God since they heard him walking in the garden and this time went hiding.

Several things we can glean from the scriptures. One, if Michael is the voice and face of Jehovah God, it's quite likely he manifested in the flesh as he often did as Jehovah's Chief Messenger, the word of God. Second, if Michael manifested, it is possible that the anointed cherub manifested in the flesh and the Scriptures were speaking of him symbolically as a serpent due to his caution and his turning and twisting of Jehovah's Word. Third, notice Jehovah's response to his Only Begotten Son as he blocked access to the tree of Life.

Jehovah God then said: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad. Now in order that he may not put his hand out and take fruit also from the tree of life and eat and live forever,—” (Genesis 3:22) This scripture gives us huge flashes of Spiritual Insight.

1. Jehovah had to be talking with the Firstborn of All Creation (Michael) which means Godlike One or One Who is Like God? It was at this instant of time that Michael understood that his God and Father was giving him an assignment which would end death. Michael was a mortal agent as the other angels were. We see that Michael "has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs." (Hebrews 1:4Read (Philippians 2:6-10 for that name.)
  2. Notice the (—) at the end? What Jehovah was thinking, he did not express in words because Jehovah sincerely wanted to grant life to Adam and Eve. Instead, Satan, Adam, and Eve forced his hand to withhold that GIFT. But not from others...... not the seed prophesied at (Genesis 3:15)
  3. Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad. Notice it doesn't say like us as Apostates and Opposers of Jesus Christ falsely claim. The little devils speak just like their father... research it.. you will SEE "like ONE of us" Look up the Hebrew....

With that Jehovah God expelled him from the garden of Eden to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken. So he drove the man out, and he posted at the east of the garden of Eden the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning continuously to guard the way to the tree of life." (Genesis 3:23-24) Jehovah could not allow or drop His Divine Standard for Adam and Eve to partake of the tree of life and live forever in their imperfect and disobedient state. There was Opportunity for them to do what is Right and partake of the tree of life, they simply choose not too.... Satan knew that Adam and Eve would positively die! That is how Sinister Satan is!!

For the next 1,500 years, Satan and his angels had their eyes on that tree of life with no avail. Making up schemes to taint Jehovah's Seed. But Jehovah guarded the tree of life and is granting life to those called, chosen, and sealed. What Satan wanted so badly for himself... Jehovah gave to his Chosen Ones of the 144,000. Amen!

Click for a Free Home Bible Study.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

Comments

• Oh dear, another "more mystical fantasy twists than plain biblical truth" ... 😪

• byGeorge
    byGeorge Posts: 194

I am almost convinced this place is some kind of social sciences joke.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463
    edited October 2021

@Wolfgang,

What appears to be "another 'more mystical fantasy twists than plain biblical truth'" is a page and link from Jehovah's Witnesses.org. I don't know if the poster is trying to give Jehovah's Witnesses.org free exposure/linking or making a point of concern to be refuted.

Besides, this group uses a "bible" some questions view as dubious when "mainstream Christianity." Namely, the "New World Translation." "In 1881, The Westcott and Hort Greek text was introduced. This text departed from the Textus Receptus and followed the Vatican and Sinaitic corruption. The Jehovah's Witness Bible entitled, the "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures" was translated from the text of Westcott and Hort."

In addition, JW's share a kingship with anti- trinitarian (of some here in CD) regarding the divinity of Jesus, the Christ. e.g., The God of Genesis is not the same God of Islam, modern-day non-Messianic Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians, or any other belief system which rejects the divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ. in short, one can point to the New World Translation (the Jehovah's Witnesses' Bible) as a translation driven by the anti-Trinitarian theology. CM

Source:

• Kitchen, Kenneth, Ancient Orient, and Old Testament, London, Tyndale, 1966, p 118
    Post edited by C Mc on
  • C Mc

@BroRando,

Do you have a question, or just sharing the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ view and link on the topic? CM

• What appears to be "another 'more mystical fantasy twists than plain biblical truth'" is a page and link from Jehovah's Witnesses.org.

I don't care if info is from a particular church group or from a certain theologian, etc .... my comment related to the content posted which to me appeared to have not much to do with the biblical text but rather with inferences and ideas originating rather from fantasy.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

From CD poster @BroRando's posting history, it's not clear to me that his occasional posts deserve our responses. He posted frequently in the period from May 26 to June 5, but since that time has offered only four posts: one each on June 12, July 18, August 30, and most recently, the OP of this current thread. He's not replied to any of the comments left in those last four threads by other CD participants.

Reply to him as you choose, of course! But history suggests that you'd be wise not to expect his response.

• C Mc

Bill,

You may have a point. From your last post:

"...one each on June 12July 18August 30, and most recently, the OP of this current thread".

All of these posts direct readers to the JW's website, whether it's @BroRando' or his organization's. Notwithstanding, given @BroRando's limited posting and responses to other posters, one wonders if CD has become his dumping ground of religious bias or organizational proselytizing without direct engagement? CM

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@C Mc posted:

All of these posts direct readers to the JW's website, whether it's @BroRando' or his organization's. Notwithstanding, given @BroRando's limited posting and responses to other posters, one wonders if CD has become his dumping ground of religious bias or organizational proselytizing without direct engagement? 

You offer here what is certainly among the possible explanations for his CD posting behavior, CM, but in my view, we tack closer to the CD expectation that we will "criticize ideas, not people" if we focus on the limited practical value of responding to one who evidently no longer returns the favor.

We all have religious biases. Some of us might passionately support the ecclesiastical organization(s) to which we belong. Great! But I think we're better off simply leaving without comment the posts of posters who for whatever reason(s) won't reply.

• C Mc

@BroRando,

Why are you so bent on cleverness with serpent tactics to use CD to direct traffic to the JWs site? When a person presses a text, from the start, it takes one to the New World Translation (NWT): e.g., https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/bi10/44/27#s=23&study=discover) or https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/1-corinthians/8/#v46008005-v46008006. Is this the only way to get “hits” to JWs website?

Generally, when one presses a text in a post, he’s directed to standard Bibles, versions, and translations: e.g., https://biblia.com/bible/leb/2-peter/1/1. One should expect this each time and not a denominational bias view. When I press on a textual reference in a post, the link in that post, I have access to 89 Bibles, and NONE of them is the NWT. This is by design. Besides, I have a hard copy available to know what the JWs view on a passage. The NWT is not in my Logos library, and I don’t want to be directed there. When I select a Bible, I want a translation based on the Greek and Hebrew Languages and by translators with background knowledge of these languages.

@BroRando, I’m afraid that’s not right and unfair practice to the posters here on CD. There is no warning or indication one is being directed to the JWs Website. It’s being biased and is downright deceptive. Why are you so sly? Are you so compelled to get in your quota to witness you would do anything? Discontinue your at-the-door tactics in these forums. This sleight of hand, frequent switching topic, sidestepping questions, and using the KJV as a smokescreen to offer JWs Bible of sit-down study, are not necessary here. A way with such! We’re reasonable, intelligent people here. Earlier in another thread, I called you out on posting whole lessons and directing people to JWs site

@BroRando, you conveniently failed to respond to the stated concerns for the benefit of all. I will make chairman Jan aware of JW’s parasitic tactics via @BroRando. I would like him to make a ruling on this matter. Faith Life does NOT offer the NWT in any of its Logos’s packages, to my understanding. I assume there is a reason for this. See my upcoming thread: “The New World Translation: A Trust-worthy Bible”? @BroRando, “you may appear to be slick, but not enough too sly.” CM

• I’m afraid that’s not right and unfair practice to the posters here on CD. There is no warning or indication one is being directed to the JWs Website.

So why are JW singled out here as if their particular translation was the plague or worse? There are plenty of "mainline churches" influenced and paid for Bible translations that are in essence no different - the essence being that they were translated by translators who also had a particular bias (such as "trinity" or other group held dogmas)??

Each poster here should be able to read any translation and THINK about what they read and EVALUATE whether a translation of a passage makes sense in harmony with context and scope overall, or if something is "to be investigated further" ... Seems that unfortunately people are just relying on and blindly accepting their denomination's or pastor's choice as if that could not have errors and was "THE word of the Lord".

• Do you not know, you are Judged with the same measure you Judge?

Your tactic was called out and now you are embarrassed. You use corrupt scriptures that REMOVED the Greek Word (monogenés) from the words of Jesus Christ at (John 3:16 LEB). So why push ahead with Your Deception?

2 John 1:9

Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son.

Yet, YOU never filed any type of DISCLAIMER, knowing that the (John 3:16) you used was inaccurate and deceptive in REMOVING (monogenés) .

The Words of Christ actually read, "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

only-begotten Son: The Greek word mo·no·ge·nesʹ, traditionally rendered “only-begotten,” has been defined as “the only one of its kind; one and only; unique.” In the apostle John’s writings, this term is exclusively used of Jesus. (Joh 1:14; 3:18; 1Jo 4:9; see study note on Joh 1:14.) Although the other spirit creatures produced by God were called sons, Jesus alone is called the “only-begotten Son.” (Ge 6:2, 4; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:4-7) Jesus, the firstborn Son, was the sole direct creation of his Father, so he was unique, different from all other sons of God. They were created, or begotten, by Jehovah through that firstborn Son. The Greek word mo·no·ge·nesʹ is used in a similar way when Paul says that Isaac was Abraham’s “only-begotten son.” (Heb 11:17) Though Abraham fathered Ishmael by Hagar and several sons by Keturah (Ge 16:15; 25:1, 2; 1Ch 1:28, 32), Isaac was “only-begotten” in a special sense. He was Abraham’s only son by God’s promise as well as the only son of Sarah.​—Ge 17:16-19. READ Proverbs 8:22

exercising faith in him: Lit., “believing into him.” The Greek verb pi·steuʹo (related to the noun piʹstis, generally rendered “faith”) has the basic meaning “to believe; to have faith,” but it can express different shades of meaning, depending on context and grammatical constructions. The meaning of this term often goes beyond mere belief or recognition that someone exists. (Jas 2:19) It includes the idea of faith and trust that lead to obedient action. At Joh 3:16, the Greek verb pi·steuʹo is used together with the preposition eis, “into.” Regarding this Greek phrase, one scholar noted: “Faith is thought of as an activity, as something men do, i.e. putting faith into someone.” (An Introductory Grammar of New Testament Greek, Paul L. Kaufman, 1982, p. 46) Jesus obviously refers to a life characterized by faith, not just a single act of faith. At Joh 3:36, the similar expression “the one who exercises faith in the Son” is contrasted with “the one who disobeys the Son.” Therefore, in that context, “to exercise faith” includes the idea of demonstrating one’s strong beliefs or faith through obedience.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• C Mc

@BroRando said to CM:

Your tactic was called out and now you are embarrassed. You use corrupt scriptures that REMOVED the Greek Word (monogenés) from the words of Jesus Christ at (John 3:16 LEB). So why push ahead with Your Deception? 2 John 1:9

CM says, before we deviate too far from my last post, please address the concerns expressed in the tactics mentioned above.

Now, for your concerns, I wasn't aware that I used "...corrupt scriptures that REMOVED the Greek Word (monogenés) from the words of Jesus Christ at (John 3:16 LEB)". I recall using the text but was unaware that I used "corrupt scriptures." Please, tell me what is corrupt about it?

Since I am not aware of what you are accusing, there is no embarrassment. Now that this is cleared up, please answer my question above in plain, concise, and simple language.

In moving forward, let try to keep calm. CM