Is Christ the Angel of God’s Presence?

2»

Comments

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,320
    edited November 2021

No it doesn't, the scripture states of God not as God.... the same ones who deny Christ also deny his prayer to His God and Father Jehovah.

I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are one. (John 17:11)

I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. (John 17:22)

Lot more than just three distinct persons. Satan wants you to think that you are Holier then tho... He stands in opposition and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, publicly showing himself to be a god. 2 Thessalonians 2:4

Only Jehovah is God of gods. "The God of gods, Jehovah, has spoken; He summons the earth From the rising of the sun until its setting (Psalm 50:1)

Please consider this, you who forget God, So that I may not tear you to pieces with no one to rescue you. (Psalms 50:22)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521
    edited November 2021

No it doesn't, the scripture states of God not as God.... the same ones who deny Christ also deny his prayer to His God and Father Jehovah.

Good job! You saw that! Indeed, the righteousness of God can only be from God--which comes through Jesus because He is God. You are one step closer. Now put down that Watchtower!

Your other passages are good. One God. "We are one." I am not sure how distorted your Watchtower eyes are, but your passages are good. You are making progress.

I do worry that you think Jesus is a little god and practice polytheism; and also believe Jesus is an angel named Michael. I know that doesn't make sense--because it doesn't. Maybe you are seeing that. Burn your Watchtower, so you can think for a little longer.

• Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• "And war broke out in heaven: {Jesus Christ and his angels} battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven." (Rev 12:7-8)

That War began in 1914 and has been affecting the earth and its inhabitants ever since. Michael gives encouragement to his followers: "I am coming quickly. Keep holding fast to what you have, so that no one may take your crown. The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name." (Rev 3:11-12)

"So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs." (Hebrews 1:4)

Michael is the angel that would be given a new name. That new name would have a significant meaning since prophecy states, "I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared.  Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because my name is in him." (Exodus 23:20-21)

Since Michael was created in the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation, his name reflects that meaning. Michael when translated means 'Who is Godlike?' or 'Who Is Like God?' The scripture points this meaning out quite nicely, "You made him a little lower than godlike ones, And you crowned him with glory and splendor." (Psalm 8:5) Immanuel when translated means "With us is God?'

The Scriptures also point out that Michael was sent and given the name to the glory of God the Father. "Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God. No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human." (Philippians 2:5-7) Yes, this very angel would be given the name to the glory of God the Father and have his Father's Name in him. “I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are one."(John 17:11)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Truth

Put your Watchtower away. Burn it! It is blinding you to Jehovah.

We already know your hackneyed arguments. Now you are going to conflate Jesus and angels because each in a different sense overcame satan. Your false prophet Russel has duped you. Throw that lying, deceptive Watchtower in the garbage can--after you burn it!

Now, sit down, peaceful like, have a cup of coffee and just read your Bible. Amazing new vision will occur.

Quoting lots of Scripture out of context and then twisting it up and bolding terms to stand apart from context isn't going to help. Just read your Bible, slow and easy. At peace, When you can do so, and you have burned your Watchtowers, then we can have some great Scriptural discussions.

Also toss out your NWT. It is twisted by anonymous authors to justify a cult.

• More PROOF that Jesus is an angel of Jehovah.

• "After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with Great Authority, and the earth was illuminated by His Glory." (Rev 18:1)
    •  Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth." (Matthew 28:18)
    • Then Jesus spoke again to them, saying: “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.” (John 8:12)
    • Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you,  just as you have given him authority over all flesh,  so that he may give everlasting lifec to all those whom you have given to him." (John 17:1-2)

• Truth

Did you know that JW’s are taught/brainwashed by their cult to have a strong sense of being persecuted when anyone disagrees with the Watchtower?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2021

@BroRando wrote

More PROOF that Jesus is an angel of Jehovah.

Could you first define what you mean with "ANGEL"?? The word from which English Bibles translate "angel" actually means "messenger" and in its most natural sense simply refers to a human who is a messenger.

Do you give this word a different meaning?

• How can Jesus be the archangel Michael as four year old Colton Burpo saw both Jesus & the archangel Michael in אלהים God's Holy Heaven ?

Heaven is for Real special movie edition for Target has a Question & Answer section, which includes Colton Burpo at age 14

Q: Are your memories of heaven still clear to you, or have some things faded ?

A: I do remember most of it, but some of it has faded since it's been ten years. The clearest things I remember are sitting on Jesus' lap and being able to meet my sister and my great grandfather. Also, [the archangel] Michael's huge flaming sword.

Four year old Colton Burpo experienced Jesus and the archangel Michael in אלהים God's Holy Heaven (while Colton's body was dead on earth for a few minutes from a ruptured appendix with abscesses in March 2003). Human JW organizational beliefs about the archangel Michael are simply wrong, which is consistent with unfulfilled JW predictions: JW organization is NOT the correct communication channel for אלהים God.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 13 How can the human JW organization be correct in belief about relationship of Jesus and the archangel Michael ?

@BroRando November 14 Since the Greek Septuagint states Angel of Great Counsel in Isaiah, that should give you a clue. Also Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6-7 LXX Swete => ὅτι παιδίον ἐγεννήθη ἡμῖν, υἱὸς ἐδόθη ἡμῖν, οὗ ἡ ἀρχὴ ἐγενήθη ἐπὶ τοῦ ὤμου αὐτοῦ, καὶ καλεῖται τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ Μεγάλης βουλῆς ἄγγελος· ἄξω γὰρ εἰρήνην ἐπὶ τοὺς ἄρχοντας καὶ ὑγείαν αὐτῷ. μεγάλη ἡ ἀρχὴ αὐτοῦ, καὶ τῆς εἰρήνης αὐτοῦ οὐκ ἔστιν ὅριον, ἐπὶ τὸν θρόνον Δαυεὶδ καὶ τὴν βασιλείαν αὐτοῦ, κατορθῶσαι αὐτὴν καὶ ἀντιλαβέσθαι ἐν κρίματι καὶ ἐν δικαιοσύνῃ, ἀπὸ τοῦ νῦν καὶ εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα· ὁ ζῆλος Κυρίου σαβαὼθ ποιήσει ταῦτα.

Isaiah 9:6-7 LES (Lexham English Septuagint) => Because a child was born to us; a son was given to us whose leadership came upon his shoulder; and his name is called “Messenger of the Great Council,” for I will bring peace upon the rulers and health to him. His leadership is great, and there is no limit to his peace on the throne of David and his kingdom, to establish and take hold of it by justice and by righteousness, now and forever. The eagerness of the Lord Sabaoth will do these things.

Isaiah 9:6-7 LEB => For a child has been born for us; a son has been given to us. And the dominion will be on his shoulder, and his name is called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His dominion will grow continually, and to peace there will be no end on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and sustain it with justice and righteousness now and forever. The zeal of יהוה Yahweh of hosts will do this.

LXX phrase καὶ καλεῖται τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ Μεγάλης βουλῆς ἄγγελος

καὶ - and - conjunction

καλεῖται - to call, to summon - verb, present, middle or passive, indicative, 3rd person, singular

τὸ - the - article, nominative, singular, neuter

ὄνομα - name - article, nominative, singular, neuter

αὐτοῦ - his - pronoun, personal, 3rd person, genitive, singular, masculine

Μεγάλης - big, great - adjective, genitive, singular, feminine (translates Hebrew Strongs # 6382)

βουλῆς - counsel, will - noun, genitive, singular, feminine (translates masculine Hebrew Strongs # 3289)

ἄγγελος - angel, messenger - noun, nominative, singular, masculine (translates Hebrew Strongs # 1368)

1368. גִּבּוֹר gibbôwr, ghib-bore´; or (short.)

גִּבֹּר gibbôr, ghib-bore´; intens. from the same as 1397; powerful; by impl. warrior, tyrant:—champion, chief, × excel, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man.

Strong, J. (2009). A Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Greek Testament and The Hebrew Bible (Vol. 2, p. 25). Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software.

By way of comparison, Exodus 3:2, ἄγγελος translates Hebrew Strongs # 4397

4397. מַֽלְאָךְ malʾâk, mal-awk´; from an unused root mean. to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; spec. of God, i.e. an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher):—ambassador, angel, king, messenger.

Strong, J. (2009). A Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Greek Testament and The Hebrew Bible (Vol. 2, p. 66). Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software.

Noticed Jewish translators in the Greek Septuagint (LXX) expressed their faith belief interpretation of אל גבור that a child could NOT be "Mighty God" (one voice of plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God inside a human body). Translation process is the intersection of source language word meaning range with target language word meaning range within bounds of human believability.

Logos Bible Search for <Lemma = lbs/el/ἀρχάγγελος> in LXX Swete finds one result: (corresponding lemma highlighted in LES)

Enoch 20:1-7 LES => These are the angels of powers: Uriel, one of the holy angels, who is over the world and the netherworld; Raphael, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits of men; Raguel, one of the holy angels, who avenges the world of luminaries; Michael, one of the holy angels, who was appointed over the good ones of the people and over the chaos; Sariel, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits who sin in the spirit; Gabriel, one of the holy angels, who is over paradise and the dragons and Cherubim. These are the seven names of the archangels.These are the angels of powers: Uriel, one of the holy angels, who is over the world and the netherworld; Raphael, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits of men; Raguel, one of the holy angels, who avenges the world of luminaries; Michael, one of the holy angels, who was appointed over the good ones of the people and over the chaos; Sariel, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits who sin in the spirit; Gabriel, one of the holy angels, who is over paradise and the dragons and Cherubim. These are the seven names of the archangels.

Logos Bible Search for <Lemma = lbs/el/ἀρχάγγελος> in SBLGNT finds two results: (corresponding lemma highlighted in LEB)

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 LEB  (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God in LXX) => Now we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who have fallen asleep, so that you will not grieve as also the rest, who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, thus also אלהים God will bring those who have fallen asleep through Jesus together with him. For this we say to you by the word of the יהוה Lord, that we who are alive, who remain until the יהוה Lord’s coming, will not possibly precede those who have fallen asleep. For the יהוה Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of אלהים God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who remain, will be snatched away at the same time together with them in the clouds for a meeting with the יהוה Lord in the air, and thus we will be together with the יהוה Lord always. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Jude 5-13 LEB  (with Hebrew word for Jewish usual translation of יהוה as Lord in LXX) => Now I want to remind you, although you know everything once and for all, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, the second time destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not keep to their own domain but deserted their proper dwelling place, he has kept in eternal bonds under deep gloom for the judgment of the great day, as Sodom and Gomorrah and the towns around them indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire in the same way as these, are exhibited as an example by undergoing the punishment of eternal fire. Despite that, in the same way also these men, because of their dreams, defile the flesh and reject authority and blaspheme majestic beings. But Michael the archangel, when he argued with the devil, disputing concerning the body of Moses, did not dare to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, “The יהוה Lord rebuke you!” But these persons blaspheme all that they do not understand, and all that they understand by instinct like the irrational animals, by these things they are being destroyed. Woe to them! For they have traveled in the way of Cain, and have given themselves up to the error of Balaam for gain, and have perished in the rebellion of Korah. These are the ones feasting together without reverence, hidden reefs at your love feasts, caring for themselves, waterless clouds carried away by winds, late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, uprooted, wild waves of the sea foaming up their own shameful deeds, wandering stars, for whom the deep gloom of darkness has been reserved for eternity.

@BroRando November 14 The Lord is Jesus... commanding call, archangels voice and God's trumpet, all have to do with the Word of God, When the Great Prince stands up. He is to Rule as King of God's Kingsom these things occured in 1914.. even though ungodly people of the the world reject that we our in a time of distress caused by Satan being removed.

October 30 comment includes 1914 among the many failed predictions proving the Watchtower society (JW.org) is NOT a truthful way to know אלהים God (the society fails simple test of 100% accuracy to be a truthful communication channel for plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God).

יהוה Lord Jesus has not yet returned to earth for Righteous King ruling: Mount of Olives has not yet been split. Zechariah 14:1-21 LEB => Look! A day is coming for יהוה Yahweh, when your plunder will be divided in your midst. I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, and they will loot the houses, and the women will be raped; half of the city will go into exile, but the remainder of the people will not be cut off from the city. Then יהוה Yahweh will go forth and fight against those nations, like when he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in half, from east to west, by a very great valley; and half of the mountain will withdraw toward the north, and the other half toward the south. And you will flee by the valley of my mountains, because the valley of the mountains will reach to Azal, and you will flee like you fled from the earthquake in the days of King Uzziah of Judah. And יהוה Yahweh my אלהים God will come, and all the holy ones with him. And then on that day there will not be light, the precious things will congeal. There shall be continuous day — it is known to יהוה Yahweh — not day and not night; and at evening time there will be light. And then on that day, living waters will flow out from Jerusalem, half of them to the eastern sea, and the other half to the western sea; it will happen both in the summer and in the winter. And יהוה Yahweh will be king over all the earth; on that day יהוה Yahweh will be one and his name one. All the land will be transformed into a desert plateau from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. But it will rise up high and it will stay in its place from the Gate of Benjamin to the place of the former gate, up to the Corner Gate and from the Tower of Hananel to the king’s winepresses. And they will dwell in it, and there will be no more ban imposed, and Jerusalem will dwell in security. And this will be the plague with which יהוה Yahweh will strike all the peoples that fight against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they are standing on their feet; their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. And then on that day a great panic from יהוה Yahweh will fall on them, and they will seize one another’s hand, and the hand of the one will be raised against the hand of another. And Judah also will fight at Jerusalem. And the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—gold and silver, and garments in great abundance. Like this plague will be the plague on the horse, the mule, the camel, and the donkey, and every kind of animal in those camps. And then every survivor from all those nations coming against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the king, יהוה Yahweh of hosts, and celebrate the Feast of Booths. And then whoever of the clans of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the king, יהוה Yahweh of hosts, it will not rain on them. And if the clan of Egypt will not go up and come in, on them will be that plague יהוה Yahweh inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. On that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “Holy to יהוה Yahweh.” And the cooking pots in the house of יהוה Yahweh will be holy like the sacrificial basins before the altar. And every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to יהוה Yahweh of hosts, and all those who sacrifice will come and will take from them, and will cook in them, and there will be no longer a trader in the house of יהוה Yahweh of hosts on that day.

Keep Smiling 😊

• The Word of God is God's Chief Messenger. "For a child has been born to us, A son has been given to us; And the rulership will rest on his shoulder. His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

• Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. (Hebrews 5:8)
    • However, Jehovah’s angel said to him: “Why are you asking about my name, seeing that it is a wonderful one?” (Judges 13:18)
    • The Word of God became better than the angels to to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs. (Hebrews 1:4)

If the sons of the true God are angels, then what does that make Jesus? After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory.  (Revelation 18:1)

• Truth
    edited November 2021

How touching that even in your attempt to defame Jesus, you accidentally admit that He is “Mighty God,” and “Eternal Father.” You hit firmly caught in your own Scripture quotation. Good job, even though I know that wasn’t your intention—Jehovah redeemed your untruth.

Jehovah has a message for you if you will put down your Watchtower that filters falsehood into what you read and think, and listen to Jehovah instead of deceivers.

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,320
    edited November 2021

@Truth How touching that even in your attempt to defame Jesus, you accidentally admit that He is “Mighty God,” and “Eternal Father.” You hit firmly caught in your own Scripture quotation. Good job, even though I know that wasn’t your intention—Jehovah redeemed your untruth.

"For a child has been born to us, A son has been given to us; And the rulership will rest on his shoulder. His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

At that time Isaiah was written, this was a prophesy about a future event. More pointedly the scripture is about Michael the Chief Messenger whose name means "Who is Godlike?" OR "Who is like God? He hasn't inherited the Name (Jesus) yet that would make him better than the angels. (Hebrews 1:4) That's why many novices of the Bible he is God.

What's interesting is "And sweep through Judah. He will flood and pass through, reaching to the neck; His outspread wings will fill the breadth of your land, O Im·manʹu·el!” Remeber this that you denied? "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it.  Look! Your house is abandoned to you." (Matthew 23:37-38) “But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture. (Malachi 4:2)

You may not know this but angels have wings and they use them to provide protection. For "God is with Us?" The reason the scripture states a child and a son was to keep Satan in the dark since he too had access to these scriptures. He would have figured it out if the scripture would have stated "the child" or "the son". However it did not take long for Satan to figure who it was because he went back and told the demons. The demons would immediately indentify Jesus as the son of God but Jesus ordered to be quiet because they knew him to be the Christ.

• Demons also came out of many, crying out and saying: “You are the Son of God.” But rebuking them, he would not permit them to speak, for they knew him to be the Christ Luke 4:41
    • So he cured many who were ill with various sicknesses, and he expelled many demons , but he would not let the demons speak, for they knew him to be Christ. Mark 1:34

The reason i left the LEB link to the scripture at Mark 1:34 is to show you how dishonest and anti-chrsitian the translators were by removing CHRIST from this Inspired Scripture.

Who would be the one person that would want to remove CHRIST from scripture? Flocks of a feather hang together.

• @BroRando November 14 The Word of God is God's Chief Messenger.

What is your Scripture source(s) for belief idea ? Also is this idea your own OR adopted/inherited from the untrustworthy society (JW.org) ?

Logos Bible Search for God WITHIN 3 WORDS (Chief OR High) WITHIN 3 WORDS (Angel OR Messenger) in All Bibles in my Logos library finds one verse: Hebrews 3:1 in the New Living Translation (NLT)

Hebrews 3:1-19 NLT (with Hebrew word for Jewish usual translation of אלהים as God in LXX) => And so, dear brothers and sisters who belong to אלהים God and are partners with those called to heaven, think carefully about this Jesus whom we declare to be אלהים God’s messenger and High Priest. For he was faithful to אלהים God, who appointed him, just as Moses served faithfully when he was entrusted with אלהים God’s entire house. But Jesus deserves far more glory than Moses, just as a person who builds a house deserves more praise than the house itself. For every house has a builder, but the one who built everything is אלהים God. Moses was certainly faithful in אלהים God’s house as a servant. His work was an illustration of the truths אלהים God would reveal later. But Christ, as the Son, is in charge of אלהים God’s entire house. And we are אלהים God’s house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ. That is why the Holy Spirit says, “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled, when they tested me in the wilderness. There your ancestors tested and tried my patience, even though they saw my miracles for forty years. So I was angry with them, and I said, ‘Their hearts always turn away from me. They refuse to do what I tell them.’ So in my anger I took an oath: ‘They will never enter my place of rest.’ ” Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living אלהים God. You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against אלהים God. For if we are faithful to the end, trusting אלהים God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ. Remember what it says: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled.” And who was it who rebelled against אלהים God, even though they heard his voice? Wasn’t it the people Moses led out of Egypt? And who made אלהים God angry for forty years? Wasn’t it the people who sinned, whose corpses lay in the wilderness? And to whom was אלהים God speaking when he took an oath that they would never enter his rest? Wasn’t it the people who disobeyed him? So we see that because of their unbelief they were not able to enter his rest.

If believe & teach Jesus is NOT God, then what eternal destination is appropriate ?

Internet search for Charles Taze Russell Hell includes testimony results about Watchtower founder suffering eternal separation from Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's Love ❤️ (e.g. video testimony by Rudolfo Acevedo Hernadez)

🙏Prayed INTENSELY for @Bill_Coley , @Wolfgang , @BroRando , @theMadJW , ... while viewing video testimony 🙏knowing every human truly chooses what to Love most. Turning away from believing Jesus is יהוה Lord אלהים God provides Holy Righteous reasons for awful destination. Video testimony is consistent with Climbing Into Eternity, My Descent in Hell, and Flight to Heaven by Michele Pulford.

Every word has meaning in a sentence. Every sentence has meaning in a paragraph. Every paragraph has meaning in a larger context. Chapter & verse numbers were added to Bibles ~500 years ago. Years ago learned including appropriate Scripture context avoided most interpretation issues. Also learned larger context to prayerfully consider depended on the style of writing: e.g. poetry is different than prose.

@BroRando November 14 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. (Hebrews 5:8)

What does son mean to you ? another term for the archangel Michael ?

How can the son be the source of eternal salvation for those who obey him ?

If the son is not eternal, then how can the son really be the source of eternal salvation for those who obey him ?

Hebrews 5:1-6:8 LEB (with Hebrew words for Jewish usual translation of יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God in LXX) => For every high priest taken from among men is appointed on behalf of people in the things relating to אלהים God, in order that he can offer both gifts and sacrifices on behalf of sins, being able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and led astray, since he himself also is surrounded by weakness, and because of it he is obligated to offer sacrifices for sins for himself also, as well as for the people. And someone does not take for himself the honor, but is called by אלהים God, just as Aaron also was. Thus also Christ did not glorify himself to become high priest, but the one who said to him, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you,” just as also in another place he says, “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek,” who in the days of his flesh offered up both prayers and supplications, with loud crying and tears, to the one who was able to save him from death, and he was heard as a result of his reverence. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered, and being perfected, he became the source of eternal salvation to all those who obey him, being designated by אלהים God a high priest according to the order of Melchizedek. Concerning this we have much to say and it is difficult to explain, since you have become sluggish in hearing. For indeed, although you ought to be teachers by this time, you have need of someone to teach you again the beginning elements of the oracles of אלהים God, and you have need of milk, not solid food. For everyone who partakes of milk is unacquainted with the message of righteousness, because he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have trained their faculties for the distinguishing of both good and evil. Therefore, leaving behind the elementary message about Christ, let us move on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and faith in אלהים God, teaching about baptisms and laying on of hands, and resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment. And this we will do, if אלהים God permits. For it is impossible concerning those who have once been enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and become sharers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of אלהים God and the powers of the coming age, and having fallen away, to renew them again to repentance, because they have crucified again for themselves the Son of אלהים God and held him up to contempt. For ground that drinks the rain that comes often upon it, and brings forth vegetation usable to those people for whose sake it is also cultivated, shares a blessing from אלהים God. But if it produces thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to a curse, whose end is for burning.

Noticed the words angel & messenger do not appear in Psalm 2 & Psalm 110:

Psalm 2:1-12 LEB => Why are nations in tumult, and countries plotting in vain? The kings of the earth establish themselves, and the rulers conspire together against יהוה Yahweh and his anointed: “Let us tear off their bonds, and cast their cords from us!” He who sits enthroned in the heavens laughs. The אדני Lord derides them. Then he speaks to them in his wrath, and in his fury he terrifies them: “But as for me, I have set my king on Zion, my holy mountain.” I will tell the decree; יהוה Yahweh said to me: “You are my son; today I have begotten you. Ask from me and I will make the nations your heritage, and your possession the ends of the earth. You will break them with an iron rod. Like a potter’s vessel you will shatter them.” So then, O kings, be wise. Be warned, O rulers of the earth. Serve Yahweh with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son lest he be angry and you perish on the way, for his anger burns quickly. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 110:1-7 LEB => A declaration of יהוה Yahweh to my אדני lord, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.” יהוה Yahweh will send out your mighty scepter from Zion; rule in the midst of your enemies. Your people will volunteer in the day of your power. In holy splendor, from the womb of the dawn, you will have the dew of your youth. יהוה Yahweh has sworn and he will not change his mind, “You are a priest forever according to the manner of Melchizedek.” O אדני Lord, at your right hand he will shatter kings in the day of his anger. He will judge among the nations; he will fill them with corpses. He will shatter the rulers of many countries. He will drink from the stream by the road; therefore he will lift up his head.

When Jews read scripture out loud, אדני (a-do-NAI Lord) was/is said instead of יהוה (so hearing אדני causes word substitution to יהוה)

Jesus knew Psalm 110 יהוה meaning applied to Jesus as shown in Matthew 22:41-16 LEB => Then, surrounded by the Pharisees, Jesus asked them a question: “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?” They replied, “He is the son of David.” Jesus responded, “Then why does David, speaking under the inspiration of the Spirit, call the Messiah ‘my יהוה Lord’? For David said, ‘The יהוה Lord said to my יהוה Lord, Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies beneath your feet.’ Since David called the Messiah ‘my יהוה Lord,’ how can the Messiah be his son?” No one could answer him. And after that, no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Keep Smiling 😊

• @BroRando November 14 The reason i left the LEB link to the scripture at Mark 1:34 is to show you how dishonest and anti-chrsitian the translators were by removing CHRIST from this Inspired Scripture.

Logos Basic Search in Textual Criticism for {Milestone <mk1.34>} found 21 articles in my Logos library, which includes:

Mark 1:34

TR NU ᾔδεισαν αὐτόν

“they knew him”

א* A 0130 Maj

all

variant 1/WH ηδεισαν αυτον Χριστον ειναι

“they knew him to be Christ”

B L W Θ f1 28 33

nasbmg netmg

variant 2 ηδεισαν αυτον τον Χριστον ειναι

“they knew him to be the Christ”

א 2 (C) f 700

none

Although the expansions in the variant readings are probably the result of scribal conformity to Luke 4:41, it seems odd that not one scribe made an insertion from a Markan parallel, such as 1:24 (where the demons call him “Holy One of God”) or 3:11 and 5:7 (where the demons call him “the Son of God”). In any case, it is within the scope of Mark’s presentation for the demons to know Jesus’ divine identity and for Jesus to silence them. This is part of the “messianic secret” motif that recurs in this gospel. Westcott and Hort adopted the first variant due to their preference for B, although it is bracketed. All English versions follow TR or NU.

Philip W. Comfort, New Testament Text and Translation Commentary: Commentary on the Variant Readings of the Ancient New Testament Manuscripts and How They Relate to the Major English Translations (Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 2008), 97.

TR = Textus Receptus

NU = the Nestle-Aland/United Bible Society Greek New Testament edition

WH = Westcott & Hort

1:34 αὐτόν {A}

It is clear that Mark terminated the sentence with αὐτόν and that copyists made various additions, derived probably from the parallel in Lk 4:41 (ὅτι ᾔδεισαν τὸν Χριστὸν αὐτὸν εἶναι). If any one of the longer readings had been original in Mark, there is no reason why it should have been altered or eliminated entirely.

Bruce Manning Metzger, United Bible Societies, A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament, Second Edition a Companion Volume to the United Bible Societies’ Greek New Testament (4th Rev. Ed.) (London; New York: United Bible Societies, 1994), 64.

Mark 1:22-34 LEB  (with Hebrew word for Jewish usual translation of אלהים as God in LXX)  => And they were amazed at his teaching, because he was teaching them like one who had authority, and not like the scribes. And so then there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit, and he cried out, saying, “Leave us alone, Jesus the Nazarene! Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of אלהים God!” And Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be silent, and come out of him!” And after convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, the unclean spirit came out of him. And they were all amazed, so that they began to discuss with one another, saying, “What is this? A new teaching with authority! He even commands the unclean spirits and they obey him.” And the report about him then went out everywhere in the whole surrounding region of Galilee. And so then he departed from the synagogue and came into the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was lying down, suffering with a fever, and at once they told him about her. And he came and raised her up by taking hold of her hand, and the fever left her, and she began to serve them. Now when it was evening, when the sun had set, they began bringing to him all those who were sick and those who were demon-possessed. And the whole town was gathered together at the door. And he healed many who were sick with various diseases and expelled many demons. And he did not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him.

FWIW: Lexham English Bible (LEB) is available for free in a collection from the publishing corporation => Lexham Intro Collection (5 vols.) that can be used in Logos 9 Basic (free) or larger library. Biblehub.com is a different organization than Faithlife Corporation, who owns Lexham Press.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth." (Matthew 28:18)

After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory. (Rev 18:1)

"I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you on the way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because My Name is in him." (Exodus 23:20-21)

Not only does the AntiChrist reject Christ but gets others to reject the name of Chrsit because Jesus is the messenger that has God's Name in him. Jesus when translated means 'Jehovah is Salvation".