A New Craziness in America

13»

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Wolfgang said:

WOW ... what about the facts concerning this case of "illegal immigrants" being compensated for illegally immigrating?

Don't do ugly things, and you won't have to repay. Hasn't America learned anything? Remember the Jews and Germany?  @Wolfgang, you and P. C. Roberts seem to be joined at the hip with fear-mongering and race-bating. How can you endorse Robert's commentary without one objection? CM

• C Mc
  • C Mc

@Jan, Chairman, 

Why are we getting advertisements here about guns ("Laser Shot firearm simulators")? Can we limit the type of advertisements here on CD?

Manufacturers (foreign or domestic ) made guns to kill. Christians are about living and life. Must every site on the internet be contaminated with guns, shooting, and the potentials of killing? CM

PS. What says ye on the matter?

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521

Some here may like laser guns. Beats me. My devices block all ads. Maybe you want to do that too. Guns aren’t about killing, though they can be used for that like many other sharp or blunt objects.

• C Mc

America is sick. Guns have no place in the hand of Christians or their homes. Watch the clip. What a shame? CM

• Truth

Just curious, were the Crumbley’s Christians?

I found Joy Reid’s attempt to make guns evil, based on evil use of guns, to be dishonest and melodramatic. People who enjoy guns for any of a dozen reasons just aren’t like she portrayed them. She found a remote connection between guns and evil choices and tried to make them cause and effect. Guns the cause; evil choices the effect. I don’t buy that.

Perhaps she means well, but I’m not even convinced of that. Seems more like political jabs than honest thoughts.

• Truth
  • C Mc

1. Across states, more guns = more unintentional firearm deaths

We analyzed data for 50 states over 19 years to investigate the relationship between gun prevalence and accidental gun deaths across different age groups. For every age group, where there are more guns, there are more accidental deaths. The mortality rate was 7 times higher in the four states with the most guns compared to the four states with the fewest guns.

Miller, Matthew; Azrael, Deborah; Hemenway, David. Firearm availability and unintentional firearm deaths.  Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2001; 33:477-84.

2. Across states, unsafe gun storage = more unintentional firearm deaths

We analyzed data from the 2002 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System that asked questions about guns and gun storage in the home, combined with information on deaths from the National Center for Health Statistics. Across states, both firearm prevalence AND questionable storage practices (i.e. storing firearms loaded and unlocked) were associated with higher rates of unintentional firearm deaths.

Miller, Matthew; Azrael, Deborah; Hemenway, David; Vriniotis, Mary. Firearm storage practices and rates of unintentional firearm deaths in the United States.  Accident Analysis and Prevention. 2005; 37:661-67.

3. Youth killed in gun accidents are shot by other youth

The majority of people killed in firearm accidents are under age 24, and most of these young people are being shot by someone else, usually someone their own age. The shooter is typically a friend or family member, often an older brother. By contrast, older adults are at a far lower risk of accidental firearm death, and most often are shooting themselves. This article highlights one of the many benefits of the National Violent Death Reporting System (NVDRS). Before the NVDRS, data on the shooter in unintentional gun deaths was not readily available.

Hemenway, David; Barber, Catherine; Miller, Matthew. Unintentional firearm deaths: a comparison of other-inflicted and self-inflicted shootings.  Accident Analysis & Prevention.  2010; 42:1184-8.

***************************************************************************************

@reformed and all gun loving Christians,

3-year-old airlifted to hospital after getting ahold of gun, accidentally shooting self

This is real! A child is dead! My "... liberal bias is showing? And ... I need "get over your [my] gun phobia. Guns are not the problem?"

@reformed said to @C Mc "get over your gun phobia".

A spokesperson for the Henderson County Sheriff's Office tells WLOS News a 3-year-old got ahold of a gun and accidentally pulled the trigger.

DEC. 25, 2021 - The Henderson County Sheriff's Office reports a child got ahold of a gun Saturday afternoon near the Dollar Plus store on Chimney Rock Road and accidentally shot itself. (Credit: WLOS Staff).

Your children nor your home is safe with a gun in it. It could be your household next. Christian gun owners, do you get the point, now? Guns were made to kill. CM

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

While tragic, does not even make me consider changing my view. Not one bit.

• C Mc

Dad allegedly kills daughter after mistaking her for intruder: Reports

Gun are killing family members by family members. @reformed, are you willing to rid you house of guns?

The latest member on member killing. This is serious and not a joke! Guns were made to kill.

You could be this dad. This incident should sober you up. According to reports, a teen girl was allegedly killed by her father early Wednesday morning in what appears to be a case of mistaken identity.

Investigators are looking into the death of Janae Hairston, 16, of Columbus, Ohio. She was shot in the garage of her house. In a 911 call, Hairston's mother said the girl's father opened fire because he thought she was an intruder, according to the Columbus Dispatch.

This is an abortion of teen life (the human, the known, independent breathing on one's own). Protect your family members from an untimely death. Remove from your home this evil instrument (the gun).

This girl's death could have been prevented. Trust in God, not in guns. CM

• C Mc

WOw! can you list the mass shootings since Feb 8, 2022, in the USA? _________. This is why assault weapons needs to be banned. CM