Former President Trump -- In Shame, Ineffective, and in Trouble

124»

Comments

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@byGeorge posted:

Why?

None of us can speak for others, of course, but my assessment is that these forums attract very little traffic because of our limited palate of topics. In the last few years, we've directed the vast majority of our faith-based dialogue to the question of the divinity of Christ, a subject on which the disagreement(s) have remained sharp, unresolved, and sometimes bitter. The other focus of these forums has been politics in the form of debates reflective of the harsh and corrosive partisan divide that currently infects the U.S. and perhaps other nations. I think a significant percentage of people who seek theological- and other faith-based forum exchanges have interests more diverse than the Trinity and less political than politics.

I've contributed hundreds of posts in both of those areas, and hence must confess my role in the creation of CD's limited subject palate.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2021

Seems like detailed steps are being prepared to get K. Harris into power and "honorably relieve" the current president actor who is almost not able anymore to produce a full meaningful complete sentence due to his progressing health failure (dementia).

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Biden is a sad case. We can't blame him. He does not appear able to fulfill his roll as President

@Bill, you mentioned that you didn't know what the roll or responsibility of the President was; you can learn more here.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675
    edited September 2021

@byGeorge posted:

@Bill, you mentioned that you didn't know what the roll or responsibility of the President was; you can learn more here.

Thanks for the link, but I didn't say I didn't know what the role or responsibility of the president was. My goodness, I was a political science and economics major as an undergraduate. What I said was I didn't understand what it means for a president to be "responsible for" his or her role. I initially read your sentence to attach the preposition "for" to the adjective "responsible," and hence I wondered how a president could be responsible for the role he or she has. The Constitution is responsible for the role the president plays, not the president. The "capable" part of your claim made sense to me - though I disagreed with it - but the "responsible for" stuff didn't.

After our exchange on the matter, I decided that by "responsible for" you likely meant mature or sensible - i.e. Mr Biden isn't mature or sensible enough to be president. That made sense to me.

Bottom line, the challenge arose from the interaction of your chosen sentence structure and my interpretation of it, but the challenge has been resolved.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Gentlemen,

Do you have Independent verifiable facts to back up your statements or you are just peddling Republicans talking points?

• George, what is a "Sad case"?
    • Wolfgang, if your premature conclusion can be proven, there are laws and a process in place. Fear not!

Did you suggest Trump's removal from office after demonstrating questionable behavior and impetuous speeches? CM

• byGeorge
    byGeorge Posts: 194
    edited September 2021

George, what is a "Sad case"?

Like I said above, he does not appear able to fulfill his roll as President. As nearly as I can tell very few Democrats or Republicans think he can do so.

Mr. Coley may know what that means now, but we can't be sure.

Did you suggest Trump's removal from office after demonstrating questionable behavior and impetuous speeches? CM

??

What are you talking about? Did you mean Biden? Remove from office?

Republicans talking points?

I am not much into politics and never took poli-science classes like some here say they have. Can't help much. I don't know much about who thinks what.

• byGeorge
    edited September 2021

And now we have the US Generals' testimony of the despicable choices by the Biden administration against top military advisers' counsel and any sense of human decency, and the lies Biden told and continues to tell. Per the present ongoing senate hearings. A sad case.

Mismanagement of Afghanistan is merely a microcosm of the worldview and force of all the current administration is doing that is tearing America apart.

Post edited by byGeorge on
  • byGeorge

You can't blame Biden for surging gas prices. He knows nothing about it.

• C Mc

"What I can say about what transpired in this building today is that there was demonstration that our processes, our legal processes still work. The judicial system still works. No one is above the law. Donald John Trump sat in a chair, put his right hand up and he took an oath, he took an oath to tell the truth. And nothing but the truth. And he answered questions for several hours with his counsel present and that is part of what we call due process in this country," Dictor said.

... Earlier this month, the former President was ordered by another New York judge to answer questions under oath by December 23 in the defamation lawsuit brought by former "The Apprentice" contestant Summer Zervos. Zervos accused Trump of defamation when he denied her allegations of sexual assault. Trump has denied the assault.

Read the full article. CM

• "dometic terrorist" attack on Capitol on Jan 6, 2921

"terrorists" bein invited in by security personnel? Staged false flag operation by Biden Democrats terrorists?

• C Mc

A federal judge late Tuesday rejected an attempt by former President Donald Trump to shield records from his time in office from a congressional panel investigating the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol.

Trump’s lawyers argued that a request for documents sent to the U.S. archivist was “illegal, unfounded, and overbroad” and lacked a legitimate legislative purpose. They asked the court to declare the request invalid and block it.

Lawyers for Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), the chairman of the panel, and other members on the committee asserted the request for documents was within its jurisdiction and had a clear legislative purpose: “to understand the facts and causes surrounding the January 6 attack to develop legislation and other measures that will protect our nation from a similar assault in the future.”

@Truth,

If you want to discuss something current and relevant, read the article above. For now, see this:

A federal judge late Tuesday rejected an attempt by former President Donald Trump to shield records from his time in office from a congressional panel investigating the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol.

What is it Trump is trying to hide? In addition, why Mr. Trump doesn't know:

"...presidential conversations are presumptively privileged, the privilege is not absolute and the presumption can be overcome “by an appropriate showing of public need by the judicial or legislative branch..."

Truth (the real one) will come out. Why?

“In my view, there couldn’t be a more compelling public interest than getting answers about an attack on our democracy,” he said, adding that the panel’s probe “is moving forward swiftly and we look forward to receiving these important records from the National Archives.”

"The wheels of justice grinds slowly, but its work is effective". See the Judge's 39-page ruling [https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21101508-chutkan-ruling-on-trump-suit]. Read it and then comment with understanding. The documents should be turned over by Friday if not appealed. Is Trump's hands dirty? We will see. CM

• Truth
    Truth Posts: 521

Politics generally bore me to death, but not totally. I am not a fan of Trump as a personality. I doubt he is hiding anything, but rather maintaining the same level of security and confidentiality all presidents have and should maintain.

I am fine with whatever is truth. IF courts have a legal way to access information, then I suppose Trump is as fine with that as you or me. If he is guilty of something wrong, then he is guilty. If not, then he is not. At this point I don't know if he is guilty or of what he might be guilty. I do wonder why you seem so gleeful to hope he is guilty.

• C Mc

@Truth said:

At this point I don't know if he is guilty or of what he might be guilty. I do wonder why you seem so gleeful to hope he is guilty.

Not necessarily. Trump is yet to learn that he is not a king and above the laws of America, even if he is rich.

One step closer to the truth. CM

• Truth

Funny thing. Biden would surely be impeached (efforts are underway) but who on earth wants 28% Harris? At least Biden “puppets” fairly well.

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Biden has told the truth? Man you are stupid aren't you? Or do you lie just as much as Biden?

• Truth
    edited January 2022

Bill_Coley

Hasn't Biden become a horrifying disaster!

For some, yes. For me? No. Not at all.

Mr. Biden's principal achievements to-date, in my view are:

He's told the truth far, far, far more often than he has spoken falsehoods. President Trump, without a doubt and by orders of magnitude the most mendacious politician I have ever known or heard about, lied during basically every public event at which he spoke.

Mr. Biden has returned decorum and emotional maturity back to the Oval Office. President Trump was the most abusive, corrupt, self-centered, narcissistic, sociopathic, and emotionally immature public figure I've ever known or heard about.

Mr. Biden's administration executed a well-designed and successful national distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, vaccines which had been developed, during the Trump administration.

He's told the truth about the seriousness of the pandemic, and directed that his administration's public healthy policies be guided by science. Mr. Trump lied openly and repeatedly about the pandemic, downplaying both its magnitude and threat, and in the process contributed to the creation of an environment in which baseless conspiracy theories prospered and diminished our nation's ability to mitigate.

He's achieved a major legislative priority - the pandemic relief bill, passed earlier this year - and is on track for other significant legislative successes, namely the two infrastructure bills and perhaps legislation to protect voting rights.

@Bill_Coley

An Amusing reminder.

What do you believe now, Bill? [Crickets]

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Biden is quite possibly the least effective, least competent, President in US History.

• C Mc

I am not a prophet or a son of a prophet, but this thread cries out for updating. The impeachment question has been answered. However, the part about Trump being in trouble is before our eyes (See below). If nothing else happens, D. J. Trump will go down in USA history as the worst and most corrupted former president. A job he was never qualified for and should have never had. He's a cult leader and a wont-a-be dictator. Only his minions will try to defend his actions and behavior. Sad! CM

SOURCES: