Former President Trump -- In Shame, Ineffective, and in Trouble

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

You know you keep saying the same thing with no substance... Deranged Liberal Syndrome

• @C Mc Stop being a sore-loser. If one can't take being voted out, then one shouldn't be voted in. The American people have spoken. So, put on your "big-boy" pants and let's discuss something of real substance. Trump is DONECM

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Luke 6:27-31 (LEB) “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. To the one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from the one who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic also. Give to everyone who asks you, and from the one who takes away your things, do not ask for them back. And just as you want people to do to you, do the same to them.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Real substance question: Wondering about current applicability of Holy Righteous יהוה words in Luke 6:27-31 ?

@C Mc I don't know what you're trying to say. CM

Curious which is more important: Love your Enemies OR political party loyalty (includes gloating) ?

@C Mc Keep Smiling,

@C Mc NO hate here. I'm just holding up a mirror (Today's news from America's High Court). Besides, Trump promised he would release his taxes before he was elected. I guess the audit is finished. CM

@C Mc PS. This affirms the OP: Former President Trump -- In Shame, Ineffective, and in Trouble.

@reformed You know you keep saying the same thing with no substance... Deranged Liberal Syndrome

Curious about opinion of phrase "Sticks & Stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" ? (while remembering 1 John 4:20-21)

Observation is one's own words being a mirror reflection of what is inside, which includes what to really, really, really love most.

Thankful for reading "23 Minutes in Hell" by Bill Wiese, which increased my appreaciation of יהוה Love intensity with Holy Righteousness.

🙏Praying for Donald Trump (as well as current POTUS) to experience יהוה Love with freedom from sin bondage while remembering all human spiritual descendents of Adam have inherited a sin nature that focuses on self instead of Loving יהוה first. Thankful for a minority number inside prison who are truly Thankful for time out from worldly sin opportunities for time in יהוה 🙏(prison time is the result of someone's sinful actions)

Keep Smiling 😊

• reformed

Yeah cause MSNBC is creditable..... Oh brother.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Reformed,

Investigators have the back taxes for Mr. Trump. He has been hiding them under the guise they were being audited. This is not trouble? "Oh what a tangled web we weave/When first we practice to deceive". CM

• reformed

Why do you say the "guise" that they were being audited as if that were not true?

• C Mc

In light of the OP, Trump was not a nice man or president. Do you still say God put him in office? CM

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2021

I never said that God put a president in office ....from where do you get such ideas?

Do you know what happend to the $millions donated to Haiti by USA public via the Clinton foundation which seemingly never made it to Haiti after the natural disaster there some years back ??

• C Mc

You really don't know? CM

PS. Does that justify Trump's behavior above? CM

• C Mc

Robert Mueller’s Revenge

A judge’s ludicrous tirade targets former Attorney General William Barr. 

WSJ Opinion: Robert Mueller’s Revenge -- By William McGurn May 10, 2021, 6:12 pm ET

WSJ Opinion: Robert Mueller’s Revenge

Main Street: Federal Judge Amy Berman Jackson's ludicrous tirade targets former Attorney General William Barr and highlights the great liberal frustration that the special counsel couldn’t bring down President Trump.

Mark Kelly Federal Judge Amy Berman Jackson has an answer for all those hoping to heal and move on from the Trump years: Nothing doing.

Her answer comes by way of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by the left-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. In her ruling, Judge Jackson orders the Justice Department to make public an internal March 2019 memo to then-Attorney General Bill Barr about whether to prosecute President Trump.

The pretense is that this is about Mr. Barr, whom the judge accuses of being “disingenuous” about his handling of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. In reality, her tirade is but the latest expression of Mueller Madness: the great liberal frustration that, in the end, there was no “there” there in the Mueller report.

We know this not from Mr. Trump or Mr. Barr but from their fiercest foes. When Democrats finally did get around to impeaching Mr. Trump, they made a conscious decision to ignore the Mueller report. Instead, their (first) impeachment was over a phone call Mr. Trump made to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

On Dec. 10, 2019, the New York Times reported that, after consulting with her caucus, Speaker Nancy Pelosi decided the House would move ahead with two articles of impeachment. Each would focus narrowly on Ukraine. A third impeachment charge, tied to Mr. Mueller’s report, was “too much of a reach.” ...

Read the update, Reformed. CM

• Corrupt Democrat Uses Media to Portray Trump as a Criminal

It is open season on Republicans.

https://www.rt.com/usa/524189-trump-organization-criminal-probe/

• reformed

Sorry, when the article says Trump incited a riot (he didn't) and had a self-attempted coup? Yeah, I don't even need to read the whole thing to know it isn't worth my time and is nothing but trash.

• C Mc

Criminal indictments have been filed against the Trump Organization and its chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, by a grand jury in Manhattan on Wednesday, sources familiar with the case told multiple news organizations late Wednesday. 

The Washington Post reported that indictments against the Trump Organization and Weisselberg will remain sealed until Thursday afternoon, leaving the specific charges unknown. Sources told the Post the charges relate to allegations of unpaid taxes on benefits given to Trump Organization executives.

Two people told the Post that Weisselberg is expected to surrender Thursday morning, and later that day, he’s expected to be arraigned in front of a state court judge. The Trump Organization is also expected to be arraigned. The New York Times reported that the indictments would be unsealed following the court appearances.

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------- --------------------https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/559495-trumps-former-bodyguard-investigated-in-ny-prosectors-trump-org-probe?amp

New York prosecutors are reportedly looking into whether an ex-bodyguard to former President Trump received tax-free fringe benefits as part of his work with the Trump Organization.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday that prosecutors are looking into Trump Organization executive Matthew Calamari to determine if he received gifts from the company that he did not pay taxes on.

Sources familiar with the matter told the Journal that Calamari has lived at the luxury Trump Park Avenue apartment building for years and has driven a Mercedes leased through the Trump Organization.

NO gloating, recent news. "The wheels of justice grind slowly, but its work is effective." CM

• Hasn't Biden become a horrifying disaster!

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@byGeorge posted:

Hasn't Biden become a horrifying disaster!

For some, yes. For me? No. Not at all.

Mr. Biden's principal achievements to-date, in my view are:

1. He's told the truth far, far, far more often than he has spoken falsehoods. President Trump, without a doubt and by orders of magnitude the most mendacious politician I have ever known or heard about, lied during basically every public event at which he spoke.
    2. Mr. Biden has returned decorum and emotional maturity back to the Oval Office. President Trump was the most abusive, corrupt, self-centered, narcissistic, sociopathic, and emotionally immature public figure I've ever known or heard about.
    3. Mr. Biden's administration executed a well-designed and successful national distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, vaccines which had been developed, during the Trump administration.
    4. He's told the truth about the seriousness of the pandemic, and directed that his administration's public healthy policies be guided by science. Mr. Trump lied openly and repeatedly about the pandemic, downplaying both its magnitude and threat, and in the process contributed to the creation of an environment in which baseless conspiracy theories prospered and diminished our nation's ability to mitigate.
    5. He's achieved a major legislative priority - the pandemic relief bill, passed earlier this year - and is on track for other significant legislative successes, namely the two infrastructure bills and perhaps legislation to protect voting rights.

Have his first eight months in office been perfect? Of course not. Was the withdrawal from Afghanistan a painful, tragic mess, at least on some of its days? Yes. Congressional hearings are and should be held to hold leaders accountable for what happened, both the failures and the successes. But on the whole, in my view, Mr. Biden has proven himself to be a competent, decent, caring, engaged, and decisive president, which to me makes him anything but a "horrifying disaster."

p.s. In another thread, I predicted that you would disagree with some CD posts, including some of mine. With this post, I prove my prescience!

• Hasn't Biden become a horrifying disaster!

Some follow his lies of putting blame for his disasters on the predecessor 😉 and perhaps feel great about the old man who is obviously suffering from old age related health issues and is being misused by agenda pilots in the background ....

Being sort of fully "baptized" or "vaccinated" with mainstream media propaganda, they find themselves in a spot where it is rather difficult to be and resort to "conspiracy theory" accusations of any view differing from their position.

• byGeorge
    byGeorge Posts: 194
    edited September 2021

How curious that you immediately begin comparing Biden to Trump. Can we simply evaluate Biden on his own merits? On the other hand, maybe Biden doesn't have any, and so Trump's merits are all you had handy for comparison. That might make sense.

Regarding your prescience(?), you guessed well. Your five points are the antithesis of Biden. Perhaps you intended satire.

What threw me was your description (amusing understatement) of the horrifying disaster Biden is. I suppose, Biden isn't really to blame, he doesn't appear at all capable or responsible for his role; rather, the disaster lies with the ideology of his behind-the-scenes handlers.

No doubt such ideology is anathema to you personally, so please don't take me wrong!

• Bill_Coley

@byGeorge posted:

How curious that you immediately begin comparing Biden to Trump. Can we simply evaluate Biden on his own merits? On the other hand, maybe Biden doesn't have any, and so Trump's merits are all you had handy for comparison. That might make sense.

Among Mr. Biden's merits as president, in my view, is the fact that he is so completely different from Mr. Trump. The change from a pathological liar in the Oval Office to a person who as a rule tells the truth is dramatic and worthy of grateful relief. The transition from poisonous immaturity to basic human decency at the head of our government advances our nation's cause, however diverse our citizenry's policy agenda.

Regarding your prescience(?), you guessed well. Your five points are the antithesis of Biden. Perhaps you intended satire.

I posted my views, not satire, just as I'm sure your response reported your views, not satire.

What threw me was your description (amusing understatement) of the horrifying disaster Biden is. I suppose, Biden isn't really to blame, he doesn't appear at all capable or responsible for his role; rather, the disaster lies with the ideology of his behind-the-scenes handlers.

No doubt such ideology is anathema to you personally, so please don't take me wrong!

Your claim of Mr. Biden's being a "horrifying disaster" doesn't persuade me because it's a headline in need of a story. You claim that he's a disaster - that the adjectives I employed to describe his presidency were the "antithesis" of reality - but you offer no supporting evidence. I offered five specific defenses of my claim, each, in my view, based in demonstrable fact. I hope you will now share specific defenses for your claims, including, for example, your claim that Mr. Biden "doesn't appear at all... responsible for his role." I genuinely don't know what it means to be "responsible" for one's "role," so I look forward to reading the basis on which you make that specific claim, among the others.

p.s. Welcome to the jungle! 😀

• You offered 5 untenable claims with no defense and not a single "demonstrable fact," as you claim to have done. Did you intend that as satire too? Not sure what to make of you.

If what you write was not satire, then you don't have to launch into defense. in fact, I have no interest in debating the subject if that is what you hoped to do.

But I must ask, you genuinely don't know what it means for a President to be responsible for his role?

• I see quite a few names on these forums, though I am beginning to wonder if only 2-3 people are active?

Why?

• Bill_Coley

@byGeorge posted:

You offered 5 untenable claims with no defense and not a single "demonstrable fact," as you claim to have done. Did you intend that as satire too? Not sure what to make of you.

Again, no satire. I contended that my five claims were "based in demonstrable fact"; I didn't claim to have presented the facts in which those claims were based. I guess that means I presented as many facts to support my claims as you did to support your claim that mine were "untenable."

As to what to make of me, I guess that's up to you, but in forums whose expectation is that posters will "criticize ideas, not people," what you make of me would appear to be much less relevant than what you make of my ideas.

If what you write was not satire, then you don't have to launch into defense. in fact, I have no interest in debating the subject if that is what you hoped to do.

Your call, of course.

You claimed Mr. Biden has been a "horrifying disaster," and I responded. Such is the nature of the discourse in forums such as these.

But I must ask, you genuinely don't know what it means for a President to be responsible for his role?

Yes. When I wrote that I genuinely didn't know what it meant for a president to be "responsible" for his or her "role," I genuinely meant that I didn't know what it meant for a president to be "responsible" for his or her "role."

• byGeorge
    byGeorge Posts: 194
    edited September 2021

>> I contended that my five claims were "based in demonstrable fact"; I didn't claim to have presented the facts in which those claims were based. 

You said, " I offered five specific defenses of my claim." You didn't. You also didn't include any demonstrable facts, as you admit above.

>>in forums whose expectation is that posters will "criticize ideas, not people,

You are a person, not an idea. I am interested in what to make of you personally. Nothing in forum guidelines alludes to that being improper. Ideas are the primary focus of a forum. Original sources of those ideas matter to many people. They certainly do to me.

>>for a president to be "responsible" for his or her "role,

America has not yet had any "her" Presidents as you indicate.

>> I genuinely meant that I didn't know what it meant for a president to be "responsible" for his or her "role."

OK. This time, I believe you. Your statement puts your unsupported claims about Biden in sharp perspective. Sources of ideas do matter.

• Bill_Coley

@byGeorge posted:

You said, " I offered five specific defenses of my claim." You didn't. You also didn't include any demonstrable facts, as you admit above.

What's not specific about the defense, "He's achieved a major legislative priority - the pandemic relief bill, passed earlier this year - and is on track for other significant legislative successes, namely the two infrastructure bills and perhaps legislation to protect voting rights"? I'm not asking whether you supported the pandemic relief bill, or whether you support either proposed infrastructure bill! I'm asking what's not specific about the assertion I made in defense of my claim? Is it in fact true that a pandemic relief bill was passed by Congress and then signed into law by Mr. Biden earlier this year?

As for a presentation of facts to support my five defenses, 1) in a previous post you declared that you had "no interest" in debating the issue, so I saw no reason to make one, and 2) in this thread and without so much as a hint of a rumor of specific factual support, you've declared President Biden to be "a horrifying disaster," the "antithesis" of a president who is "competent, decent, caring, engaged, and decisive," that Mr. Biden "doesn't appear at all capable or responsible for his role," and that the "disaster lies with the ideology of his behind-the-scenes handlers." I'll give credence to your reference to the defense I make of my claim when you make substantive reference to a defense of your own claims.

You are a person, not an idea. I am interested in what to make of you personally. Nothing in forum guidelines alludes to that being improper. Ideas are the primary focus of a forum. Original sources of those ideas matter to many people. They certainly do to me.

That's reasonable.

I am a person who in forum posts says what he means and means what he says. I certainly have a history of employing sarcasm in my posts over the years, but given the inaccuracy of your satire detector, I won't be using it in my responses to you without the addition of identifying labels. [e.g. "THAT WAS SARCASM"] I encourage you to take my posts to you at face value.

America has not yet had any "her" Presidents as you indicate.

True.

OK. This time, I believe you. Your statement puts your unsupported claims about Biden in sharp perspective. Sources of ideas do matter.

Glad we cleared that up. [ALERT: THAT WAS SARCASM. 😛]

• Yeah. Ha!

Still wondering if anyone else exists on these forums.

• Bill_Coley

@byGeorge posted:

Still wondering if anyone else exists on these forums.

Sadly, no. In recent weeks/months, the only active posters in these forums have been @Wolfgang, @C Mc, and I. @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus has posted frequently in the Trinity discussion threads, but has not been active in recent weeks. We've also had some short term visits from a few other posters, but those came, went, returned, and then left again, so it's hard to count them as "regulars."