The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

13»

Comments

• The content you included in your post after that introduction appears to have been written by someone other than you, Wolfgang. If that's true, could you identify the source and a provide a link to the original material?

was in some kind of eMail that arrived in myy mail account .... I don't have the details anymore, thought I had included some link that was at the end of that part of the text, but apparently when formatting the text as "quote" that part was "chopped" ? ... I remember it having something like "Concervative Reader" or "Cnservative Alert" in the sender or subject line ...

A google search with some text parts might lead further ...

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang posted:

A google search with some text parts might lead further ...

My Google search yielded no results for the specific content you posted.

I'm surprised that the copy/paste process cut off anything from the email's content; I've not had that happen.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020

I'm surprised that the copy/paste process cut off anything from the email's content; I've not had that happen.

Unfortunately, the quoting system in this forum software is not to my liking either .. Thus I use "copy/paste ... and sometimes what happens is this: when text is pasted into the box, things look fine and similar to original,. when I then try formatting paragraphs from paragraph to quote, existing formattings and even parts of text seem to not make it and such as listed items etc are gone .. very disappointing.

I googled about "conservative alerts" and it produced some things, such as

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang posted:

Unfortunately, the quoting system in this forum software is not to my liking either .. Thus I use "copy/paste ... and sometimes what happens is this: when text is pasted into the box, things look fine and similar to original,. when I then try formatting paragraphs from paragraph to quote, existing formattings and even parts of text seem to not make it and such as listed items etc are gone .. very disappointing.

I've had issues when pasting Scripture texts (or probably anything else) into a bullet point list. Content already present on the bullet point into which I paste the text disappear, as will the bullet point marker itself. The pasted text takes its place along the left margin of the editing area, not bulleted. The solution for my issue - not necessarily your issue - has been to paste the content on its own line THEN make it a bullet point via a dash ("-") plus a space in front of the first character of the quoted text. I can then add other content to the end of that pasted material.

In other contexts I've found great utility in pasting via Ctrl+Shift+V rather than Ctrl+V. The pasted text loses its formatting, but there are fewer side effects in the texted result.

It IS frustrating.