The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump
- The Articles of Impeachment have been delivered to the Senate by the seven U. S. House of Representatives Managers.
- This is real and not a "witch hunt".
- Trump has been impeached by the U. S. House of Representatives.
- The Chief Justice (John Roberts) of the U. S. Supreme Court is being Sworn in and afterward he swears in the U. S. Senators as jurors.
- Most of the Senators are of the Republican Party.
- A majority of them have said openly and in advance they are not going to be fair and they will lie under oath.
- Most of the Republicans don't want documents or witnesses. Their first effort is dismiss the Articles of Impeachment.
- Mr. Trump has betrayed his country, his oath of office, the American people, his party, and the US Presidency.
- President Trump is a Traitor: "a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc".
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority.
- "Having power corrupts a man, or lessens his morality, and the more power a man has, the more corrupted he will become. This idiom means that those in power often do not have the people's best interests in mind".
- Trump is not above the law!
- The Republicans want him gone, but they can't say it openly or now. They will later claim the evidences swayed them to impeach Trump. The Republican Party is like the flying-monkeys in the movie The Wizard of Oz. The scene the depicted when little Dorothy threw a bucket of water to put out the fire on the burning scarecrow; some of the water flashed on the wicked-witch. She melted away to nothing. Instead of the flying-monkeys getting angry, they sung, rejoicingly , "Ding dong, the wicked-witch is dead".
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808). CM