Who Is A "Christian"?
This word or term "Christian" has been used for a long time and in many places. It is often spoken, but how many of us have genuinely encountered one? I don't know it all. However, I would like your input on a question put to me in another thread. How would you answer these questions, especially, the individuals Bill named in another thread attached to this topic? Take your time and answer as many as you choose or even none at all. Put flesh and a face on this word, "Christian." Please answer the following questions:
- Do we really know what it means and the characteristic of people who holds to the titles?
- What is its origin?
- Does the Bible, tells us who is a Christian? If so, where and how?
- Is a Christian attached to a religious body or a denomination?
- Is there a universal definition of Christian?
- Does a Christian adhere to a specific body of biblical truth?
- Is a Christian a profession or a possession?
- Are there different types of Christians?
- One can assume a particular lifestyle is expected of a Christian. Does it also mean, he or she must internalize a body of truth and give expressions of them in his/her daily conversations in written or spoken forms with others?
- What is a Christian's relationship with Christ?
- What is the belief and practice of a Christian?
- Where does one look for the test of a genuine Christian?
The Christian and Christ:
- Are the Christian subjects to Christ?
- Is Christ the head and savior of every Christian?
- Does the Christian belief in the "virgin birth" of Christ?
- Does the Christian believes Jesus is the "Son of God"?
- Does the Christian believe Jesus is "Savior and Lord"?
- Does the Christian believe Jesus has forgiven him of sins?
- Is every Christian a witness for Christ?
- Is the life of the Christian lived with Christ?
- Does the Christian belief in the Trinity?
- Is Jesus the Christian's Savior? Can He forgive sins?
- Does the Christian view Jesus as eternal?
- Is Jesus the true and full God in the highest sense?
- Does the Christian believe all of the answers to the above questions?
The answers you supplied may serve as a mirror to reflect who you are. CM
PS. Is it against the forum rules if one has more questions than answers?