John 14:9 --- " ... has seen Me has seen the Father"

2»

Comments

• YourTruthGod
    YourTruthGod Posts: 260

@Wolfgang I believe to see the Father when I am changed and received up into God's presence the moment I finish my earthly course.Since Jesus' words about those who saw him would see the Father could only apply to those living 2000 years ago who actually saw Jesus while he walked the earth, it is obviously impossible for someone after Jesus' ascension into the presence of God, heaven, to see Jesus.Maybe you lived already 2000 years ago and saw Jesus as he walked the earth? or have you seen him at some place during your lifetime?Actually, I tell you that I actually saw "Jesus" in November 1978 at an IHop pancake restaurant in Maitland, FL ... at least, the person introduced himself as Jesus, albeit did give the impression of being heavily duped and doped, so that I am rather sure, seeing him did not mean that I saw the Father, God 

I just can't figure out what you are talking about.

When you see Jesus one day, you will be able to say, "I see the Father".

So when you see Jesus one day, are you going to wonder when you see the Father?

Why or why not.

• YourTruthGod
    edited July 2019

Isaiah 64:8 Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. 

Whose hand?

You who say Jesus is not God the Father, whose hand?

Post edited by YourTruthGod on
  • YourTruthGod

Isaiah 48:12 Listen to me, Jacob,

Israel, whom I have called:

I am he;

I am the first and I am the last.

13 My own hand laid the foundations of the earth,

and my right hand spread out the heavens;

when I summon them,

they all stand up together.

John 10:28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Notice that Jesus says no one can snatch them out of his hand, and then he says no one can snatch them out of his Father's hand.

Whose hand? They are one and the same.

They are one. 'One' means 'same'!

• YourTruthGod

Psalms 22:16 KJV

(16) For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Zechariah 12:9-10 KJV

(9) And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

(10) And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Revelation 1:7-8 KJV

(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

These scriptures prove that God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son are the same one.

Whose hands were pierced?

• @YourTruthGod wrote:

Psalms 22:16 KJV

(16) For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Zechariah 12:9-10 KJV

(9) And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

(10) And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Revelation 1:7-8 KJV

(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

These scriptures prove that God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son are the same one.

Since when does the Father God have hands ?? Did not Jesus declare that the Father God is SPIRIT ??

Once again, logic and reason seem to no longer be present with you when it comes to reading and understanding the Scriptures.

Whose hands were pierced?

The Messiah's hands were pierced ... but quite obviously NOT the Father God's (Who is SPIRIT and doesn't have hands) !

• YourTruthGod

@Wolfgang now you are mocking the scriptures that speak of God's hands.

Spirits do have hands.

• @YourTruthGod wote:

@Wolfgang now you are mocking the scriptures that speak of God's hands.

Spirits do have hands.

Not at all ... I am very much aware of scriptures which mention things like "eyes, hands, feet" of God. I am also aware of the truth that Spirit is INVISIBLE, and DOES NOT HAVE physical body with eyes, hands, feet, etc. I am aware of basic elements of language,, such as literal expressions and figures of speech used in Scripture. The knowledge concerning figures of speech used in Scripture appears to be missing in your manner of reading the Scriptures.

• YourTruthGod
    edited July 2019

@Wolfgang Not at all ... I am very much aware of scriptures which mention things like "eyes, hands, feet" of God. I am also aware of the truth that Spirit is INVISIBLE, and DOES NOT HAVE physical body with eyes, hands, feet, etc. I am aware of basic elements of language,, such as literal expressions and figures of speech used in Scripture. The knowledge concerning figures of speech used in Scripture appears to be missing in your manner of reading the Scriptures.

Have you ever heard of a spirit with a body? A spirit with a face, legs, and arms?

• @YourTruthGod wrote

Have you ever heard of a spirit with a body? A spirit with a face, legs, and arms?

No ... SPIRIT - by definition - is immaterial, invisible. God is Spirit (cp John 4:24), therefore in a literal sense God has no face, no hands, no feet or rest of a visible physical body

• John 1:18

No man hath seen God at any time; ....(KJV)

18 Θεὸν οὐδεὶς ἑώρακεν πώποτε⸂· ... (NA27).

@YourTruthGod , is the above statement in John 1:18 plain and clear enough?

• YourTruthGod
    edited July 2019

God does have a face and body.

Spirits have a face and body but it is invisible.

Jesus is God with a physical body.

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

Revelation 1:14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

• @YourTruthGod wrote:

God does have a face and body.

Spirits have a face and body but it is invisible.

And what is your point? Is it that because GOD is Spirit, He is invisible?

Jesus is God with a physical body.

Your claim contradicts flat out what you just wrote above ...if God's body is physical then it can't be invisible. Jesus was seen by many people ... and yet, John 1:18 says that no one has ever seen God.

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

Revelation 1:14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

Yes ... and what is that supposed to say? The lake of fire is described as a blazing burning consuming fire, are you telling us with your logic that it too is God??

• John 16:10 (NASB)

10     and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me;

.@YourTruthGod , why didn't Jesus plainly tell the disciples that he was going to himself? and that when he was doing that, he would just become invisible ??

• YourTruthGod

@Wolfgang why didn't Jesus plainly tell the disciples that he was going to himself? and that when he was doing that, he would just become invisible ??

There are three. Why would Jesus say he is going to himself when he is speaking in the form of a man and going to heaven? Jesus tells us that there are things for his disciples that are hard to understand and that were not ready yet to hear certain things. Jesus also says that he reveals himself to those who love him by obeying him.

Mark 9:32 But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ask him about it.

John 12:16 At first His disciples did not understand these things, but after Jesus was glorified they remembered what had been done to Him, and they realized that these very things had also been written about Him.

• YourTruthGod

@Wolfgang

And what is your point? Is it that because GOD is Spirit, He is invisible?

Your claim contradicts flat out what you just wrote above ...if God's body is physical then it can't be invisible. Jesus was seen by many people ... and yet, John 1:18 says that no one has ever seen God.

Yes ... and what is that supposed to say? The lake of fire is described as a blazing burning consuming fire, are you telling us with your logic that it too is God??

God is an invisible Spirit.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Jesus is God made visible with a body.

Jesus is God the Father come to earth as man.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

That fire in Jesus' eyes is the Spirit of God.

Revelation 1:14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

• Why would Jesus say he is going to himself when he is speaking in the form of a man and going to heaven?

According to you it would be God going to God ...

• YourTruthGod

@Wolfgang According to you it would be God going to God ..

Okay.

• @YourTruthGod wrote:

@Wolfgang wote:

According to you it would be God going to God ..

Okay.

So then you agree that God actually did go to Himself??

• YourTruthGod

Jesus is God the Father come as a son.

• @YourTruthGod wrote:

Jesus is God the Father come as a son.

you refused to answer my question ... Did God go to Himself??

• YourTruthGod

@Wolfgang, God came as a man and went back to his God and Father.

We don't have to say it your way.

We are to say it the way Jesus says it.