Delivering the Holy Spirit in Acts

2»

Comments

• @Wolfgang said:

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus said:
    Romans 8:1-30 includes Holy Spirit being right with God, raising Jesus from the dead along with praying God's Will using words not humanly understood.

From where do you get the idea that Holy Spirit as a separate acting "God-Person" raised Jesus from the dead? We should not forget that there is only ONE Who Alone is true God ... there is not a Trio/Trinity who is God (cp. Jhn 17:3 .. where Jesus himself declares this truth).

Context of John 17 is priestly prayer by God the Son to God the Father (sharing one image with complete nature of God Almighty). Prayer was preceded by prophecy in John 16 about Holy Spirit of God being sent after Jesus returns to the right hand of God (on throne in Heaven).

All aspects of God (awesomely interconnected) participated in the death (many tears with separation of Holy & Unholy), burial, and resurrection of Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus The Christ. Two sayings on the cross indicate departure of Holy God the Father (Eloi, Eloi, ...) and Holy Spirit of God (thirst). High Priest choose to have Jesus killed because Kayafa could not believe human flesh was God Almighty (crime of blasphemy deserved death). All other humans brought before Kayafa (Caiaphas) were sinners with unholy flesh.

John 1:1 includes phrase "the Word was God" that means quality of The Word was being God. Lack of Greek definite article before God shows God is more than The Word (if "the" had been used with God, then complete equality would be the meaning). Same Greek construct appears in phrases: "The God is Light" and "The God is Love" where Love and Light are ongoing qualities of God while God Almighty is more than Love and Light.

How does a WHAT choose Godly gift(s) for believers ? 1 Corinthians 12:1-13
    From my perspective, the presence of amazing intelligence in the Holy Spirit of God is
    better understood as a spiritual "person" (more than a WHAT conduit for God's Power).

Thankful for peaceful, personal thoughts from the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit), which has included specific conviction about my sins (one at a time on different days). Thankful for 1 John 1:9 so me agreeing with God about my sin leads to forgiveness plus cleansing from unrighteousness, which includes God's Shalom (Peace plus Blessings ...) that words cannot adequately describe.

Contrasting note is our adversary also has ability to send personal thoughts to our brains. We have choice what to do. Good test is 1 John 4:1-4

Thankful for Elohim (plural) creating everything. Hebrew Elohe is singular while Elohim is more than one. Deuteronomy 6:4 includes "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God (Elohim) is One" Genesis 3:27 teaches God Elohim (more than one) created man (singular) in God's image (singular).

Thankful to be a tall two year old child of God who is still living and learning :smiley: that includes personal communication with Holy Spirit in recent years. Now Thankful for daily awareness of His Holy presence that includes many songs to Praise God :smiley:

Keep Smiling :smile:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2019

@Wolfgang said:
    From where do you get the idea that Holy Spirit as a separate acting "God-Person" raised Jesus from the dead? We should not forget that there is only ONE Who Alone is true God ... there is not a Trio/Trinity who is God (cp. Jhn 17:3 .. where Jesus himself declares this truth).

Context of John 17 is priestly prayer by God the Son to God the Father (sharing one image with complete nature of God Almighty).

Sorry ... where in John 17 is there anything about a "God the Son" ?? I read in John 17 a priestly prayer of the man Christ Jesus to his Father God, the One Who alone is the true God (cp John 17:3)

Prayer was preceded by prophecy in John 16 about Holy Spirit of God being sent after Jesus returns to the right hand of God (on throne in Heaven).

Indeed ... and if you consider Jesus' other prophecy about holy spirit being sent after Jesus ascension (by the way, this was NOT a return to the right hand of God, and is nowhere called such), you would read that Jesus speaks of exactly this holy spirit as "POWER from on high" (cp. Lk 24:49, Acts 1:8)

All aspects of God (awesomely interconnected) participated in the death (many tears with separation of Holy & Unholy), burial, and resurrection of Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus The Christ. Two sayings on the cross indicate departure of Holy God the Father (Eloi, Eloi, ...) and Holy Spirit of God (thirst). High Priest choose to have Jesus killed because Kayafa could not believe human flesh was God Almighty (crime of blasphemy deserved death). All other humans brought before Kayafa (Caiaphas) were sinners with unholy flesh.

Well, I would suggest to read a text and stick with what it says, instead of letting one's mind drift off into spiritualizing fantasy

John 1:1 includes phrase "the Word was God" that means quality of The Word was being God. Lack of Greek definite article before God shows God is more than The Word (if "the" had been used with God, then complete equality would be the meaning). Same Greek construct appears in phrases: "The God is Light" and "The God is Love" where Love and Light are ongoing qualities of God while God Almighty is more than Love and Light.

Please note, John 1:1 says WORD ... and not JESUS or THE SON, etc ...

How does a WHAT choose Godly gift(s) for believers ? 1 Corinthians 12:1-13

God, Who is the Father, chose WHAT (holy spirit power) to give to believers.

From my perspective, the presence of amazing intelligence in the Holy Spirit of God is
    better understood as a spiritual "person" (more than a WHAT conduit for God's Power).

I refer to my earlier posts in which clarification was made between the two distinct usages of the term "holy spirit / the holy spirit" in different contexts: (1) God Himself is called "the Holy Spirit" in some places (similar to when He is called "the Almighty", or "the Creator", or "the Ancient of Days", of "the Father", etc ... these are not additional "spiritual God-Persons" in a multi-person Godhead); (2) the gift which God gives is called "the holy spirit" in some places (also described as "power from on high", etc)

Thankful for Elohim (plural) creating everything. Hebrew Elohe is singular while Elohim is more than one. Deuteronomy 6:4 includes "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God (Elohim) is One" Genesis 3:27 teaches God Elohim (more than one) created man (singular) in God's image (singular).

Did you notice that all pronouns referring to Elohim (plural) are SINGULAR ("he", "him", etc) indicating that a SINGULAR Being/Person is meant?
    Are you not aware that "Elohim" (plural) is used in Hebrew as an indication for THE (true) GOD when used with singular pronouns and verbs in singular, to distinguish it from Elohim (plural) as indication for "many gods" when used with plural pronouns and verbs in plural?

I am .... :smile: (however, please note, just because I properly and correctly used the expression "I am", it does not make me YHWH, just as the use of those words by Jesus did not make Jesus to be YHWH)
    Keep smiling :wink:

• @Wolfgang said:

What is the relationship between WORD in John 1:1 and John 1:14, flesh in John 1:14, and Jesus ?

What is Jesus asking the True God for in John 17:5 ? "Give me the same glory I had with you before the world existed." Also what is the relationship between Jesus and the True God in John 17:10 ? "Indeed, all I have is yours, and all you have is mine, and in them I have been glorified." How could a man possess all of the True God ? before the world existed ? (predates all human flesh)

Thankful for an English college professor who read the Bible completely three times, but would not believe supernatural so taught that the Bible was fictional literature, which is a form of eisegesis (can only "see" in the text what fits within belief).

Thankful for encounter with a man who had died of a heart attack, went to heaven, was sent back, and described three voices (intelligent personalities) from the one True God: Father, Jesus, & Holy Spirit.

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus said:

@Wolfgang said:

What is the relationship between WORD in John 1:1 and John 1:14, flesh in John 1:14, and Jesus ?

The relationship is stated very clearly: what was WORD in the beginning at a later time when the time for it was fulfilled BECAME FLESH ...

To illustrate rather simply: From the time my wife and I planned to have a child, WORD concerning our future children existed in our minds, some 1,5 and 4 years later this WORD BECAME FLESH when our children were born.

What is Jesus asking the True God for in John 17:5 ? "Give me the same glory I had with you before the world existed."

Jesus is asking that God would glorify Jesus as God had intended in His plan from the beginning.

Also what is the relationship between Jesus and the True God in John 17:10 ? "Indeed, all I have is yours, and all you have is mine, and in them I have been glorified." How could a man possess all of the True God ? before the world existed ? (predates all human flesh)

Just read what is written while you "keep smiling" ... and you might know the rather plain and simple answers to the questions you ask, as they are given in the text ...

Thankful for an English college professor who read the Bible completely three times, but would not believe supernatural so taught that the Bible was fictional literature, which is a form of eisegesis (can only "see" in the text what fits within belief).

Since you use the expression "believe supernaturally", could you please explain what that is? How do you believe supernaturally? Are you given supernatural powers so you can do that while others can't? Or are you just using a nice sounding expression and really don't know what you are talking about?

Thankful for encounter with a man who had died of a heart attack, went to heaven, was sent back, and described three voices (intelligent personalities) from the one True God: Father, Jesus, & Holy Spirit.

Hmn ... are you involved in spiritualist seances?

• @Wolfgang said:

@Wolfgang said:

The relationship is stated very clearly: what was WORD in the beginning at a later time when the time for it was fulfilled BECAME FLESH ...
    To illustrate rather simply: From the time my wife and I planned to have a child, WORD concerning our future children existed in our minds, some 1,5 and 4 years later this WORD BECAME FLESH when our children were born.

God's baby announcements included hundreds of prophecies in the Old Testament (Covenant) about the Messiah, which included Physical (human flesh) and Spiritual (fully God). John chapter 1 testifies that The Word (God) became flesh whose name is Jesus.

What is Jesus asking the True God for in John 17:5 ? "Give me the same glory I had with you before the world existed."

Jesus is asking that God would glorify Jesus as God had intended in His plan from the beginning.

What was the same glory that Jesus had with God from the beginning ?
    Thankful non-biblical terms God the Will and God the Word describe glorious relationship within the community of One God before the world was created. When God the Word became a Holy human baby (God the Son), God the Will became God the Father. Psalm 2:7

Also what is the relationship between Jesus and the True God in John 17:10 ? "Indeed, all I have is yours, and all you have is mine, and in them I have been glorified." How could a man possess all of the True God ? before the world existed ? (predates all human flesh)

Just read what is written while you "keep smiling" ... and you might know the rather plain and simple answers to the questions you ask, as they are given in the text ...

Yes for Jesus being The Word (God) in human flesh so possessions of Lord God Almighty includes all of Jesus belonging to the True God's plus all of the True God's belonging to Jesus.

Since you use the expression "believe supernaturally", could you please explain what that is? How do you believe supernaturally? Are you given supernatural powers so you can do that while others can't? Or are you just using a nice sounding expression and really don't know what you are talking about?

1 John 2:15-17 (NIV) "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."
    English college professor loved the world so he did not believe in God. Hence the Bible from his viewpoint was fictional literature like other human fiction myths.

Hmn ... are you involved in spiritualist seances?

To someone who has not experienced intimate communion with the community of One True God, the term "seance" may appear appropriate. In the sense that a "seance" describes seeking spirit(s) for interaction/dwelling, my prayer for One True God to open my eyes to behold wonders in His Word followed by serious Bible study & contemplation fits. Thankful for the Spirit of Truth who peacefully convicts of sin plus teaches Truth & Righteousness :smiley: Thankful for fellowship with faith family :smiley:

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus said:

@Wolfgang said:

God's baby announcements included hundreds of prophecies in the Old Testament (Covenant) about the Messiah, which included Physical (human flesh) and Spiritual (fully God).

Indeed, the birth of the coming Messiah was announced in prophecy ... how? In the form of WORD spoken !!
    However, NONE of the prophecies states anything about the Messiah being a human and a God !! There is no such living being "fully man and fully God" mentioned in Scripture

John chapter 1 testifies that The Word (God) became flesh whose name is Jesus.

Now, John 1 would not contradict the rest of Scripture, would it? GOD IS SPIRIT (cp Jesus' very own words as recorded in John 4:24) and God does NOT change from being spirit to becoming flesh and blood, God does NOT become either a human or an animal, etc ...

It was that same glory which God had in His plan and foreknowledge for Jesus to have, which then after the suffering and in the resurrection became reality when Jesus was glorified with that glory.

Thankful non-biblical terms God the Will and God the Word describe glorious relationship within the community of One God before the world was created. When God the Word became a Holy human baby (God the Son), God the Will became God the Father. Psalm 2:7

No need to be thankful for unfounded fantasy ... rather, let's be thankful for Biblical reality.

• @Wolfgang said:

@Wolfgang said:

God's baby announcements included hundreds of prophecies in the Old Testament (Covenant) about the Messiah, which included Physical (human flesh) and Spiritual (fully God).

Indeed, the birth of the coming Messiah was announced in prophecy ... how? In the form of WORD spoken !!
    However, NONE of the prophecies states anything about the Messiah being a human and a God !! There is no such living being "fully man and fully God" mentioned in Scripture

Your prophecy observations are literally correct since no Bible verse has the phrases "fully God" and "fully man" while being conceptually blind. Isaiah 9:6 prophecy includes a child is born ("fully man") whose name includes "The Mighty God", "The everlasting Father" ("fully God").
    Micah 5:2 prophecy includes city of Bethlehem for physical birth of a ruler whose origins are of old (i.e. "In the Beginning"). Matthew 2:1-12 documents Jesus was born in Bethlehem along with wise men who came from the east to worship the one born King of the Jews.
    Genesis 3:15 seed of a woman implies "fully man" while the seed's ability to bruise/crush head implies God because man lacks the ability to hurt unclean spirits (demons). Mark 1:24 documents unclean spirits (demons) asking Jesus "art thou come to destroy us ?" (thou is an Old English spelling for you singular). The demons obeyed the spoken WORDS from Jesus to be quiet and come out. Acts 19:13-16 documents demons prevailing against human exorcists (who commanded using the name of Jesus that Paul preaches while lacking personal faith in Jesus).

John chapter 1 testifies that The Word (God) became flesh whose name is Jesus.

Now, John 1 would not contradict the rest of Scripture, would it? GOD IS SPIRIT (cp Jesus' very own words as recorded in John 4:24) and God does NOT change from being spirit to becoming flesh and blood, God does NOT become either a human or an animal, etc ...

Thankful for awesome miracle by the Spirit of God to insert The Word (God) into a human zygote (seed) so a son was born, who was Holy (sinless). The man Jesus had God's Spiritual nature inside his Holy body (so was "fully man" and "fully God").
    John 1:14 (CJB) The Word became a human being and lived with us,
    John 1:14 (KJV) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
    The Apostle John provided eyewitness testimony about Jesus (along with physically leaning on Jesus).

It was that same glory which God had in His plan and foreknowledge for Jesus to have, which then after the suffering and in the resurrection became reality when Jesus was glorified with that glory.

John 17:5 (CJB) "Give me the same glory I had with you before the world existed." shows Jesus had experienced God's Glory before the world existed, which is more than a plan.
    Observation: the word "plan" does not appear in John chapter 17 in any Bible. Using Logos Bible software to search for the word "plan" found one English Bible having "plan" in John chapter 1.
    John 1:13-14 (NLT) They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God. So the Word became human and made his home among us.

No need to be thankful for unfounded fantasy ... rather, let's be thankful for Biblical reality.

Thankful for biblical exhortation to search every dimension for God's Love <3
    Praying for God to open our eyes to behold Biblical wonders. God's Holy redemption plan from sin is truly amazing. :smiley: Giving Thanks for everything includes unfounded fantasies plus more ... Thankful for nature declaring God's Glory so like joining their Praise to God :smiley: