FOR THE LAST TIME

I have been harassed yet again by Bill Coley accusing me of being David Taylor. I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR. Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon. I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.

You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid. This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. You harass each other, @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe, @Wolfgang hates America and @Dave_L is just bat crazy.

No wonder the actual David Taylor left, no wonder Gao Lu left, and apparently ther used to be others that left too. Why? Because this place is just stupid.

GOODBYE

Comments

  • WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 1,260

    @reformed said:
    I have been harassed yet again by Bill Coley accusing me of being David Taylor. I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR. Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon. I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.

    You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid. This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. You harass each other, @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe, @Wolfgang hates America and @Dave_L is just bat crazy.

    No wonder the actual David Taylor left, no wonder Gao Lu left, and apparently ther used to be others that left too. Why? Because this place is just stupid.

    GOODBYE

    And you think, you are such a "good two shoes" in this forum? Seeing your accusatory post here proves how what you talk about applies to yourself

  • Dave_LDave_L Posts: 2,174

    I spoke to DT in another forum and he is doing well. Reformed isn't DT. DT asked what was going on over here not having visited in a while.

  • Bill_ColeyBill_Coley Posts: 1,164

    @Dave_L said:
    I spoke to DT in another forum and he is doing well. Reformed isn't DT. DT asked what was going on over here not having visited in a while.

    For the record, Dave...

    • On September 26 - a bit more than seven weeks ago - David posted that he was considering a return to the CD forums, in part because "things get boring" when, in his then-current forum home, no one disagrees with him. In that post David also said that he had been doing "a little reading" in these forums, enough for him to conclude that in his view, "there is more of a focus on politics these days than Biblical discussions," and that "it does not appear that heresy overall (had) stopped."
    • On September 27, David posted that were he to return to CD, it would be to "fight heresy."
    • And then on October 23 - about four weeks ago - David created a thread to declare that he was not the CD poster "reformed."

    I don't know what you mean by the phrase "in a while," but the dates and content of those three posts indicate to me that David HAS visited CD recently, and in them at least claimed to know what's going on here.

  • Dave_LDave_L Posts: 2,174

    @Bill_Coley said:

    @Dave_L said:
    I spoke to DT in another forum and he is doing well. Reformed isn't DT. DT asked what was going on over here not having visited in a while.

    For the record, Dave...

    • On September 26 - a bit more than seven weeks ago - David posted that he was considering a return to the CD forums, in part because "things get boring" when, in his then-current forum home, no one disagrees with him. In that post David also said that he had been doing "a little reading" in these forums, enough for him to conclude that in his view, "there is more of a focus on politics these days than Biblical discussions," and that "it does not appear that heresy overall (had) stopped."
    • On September 27, David posted that were he to return to CD, it would be to "fight heresy."
    • And then on October 23 - about four weeks ago - David created a thread to declare that he was not the CD poster "reformed."

    I don't know what you mean by the phrase "in a while," but the dates and content of those three posts indicate to me that David HAS visited CD recently, and in them at least claimed to know what's going on here.

    I'm not sure what you are getting at but since DT asked about what was going on, I assumed he hadn't dropped in for awhile. But I must say, I wish I was as meticulous and had the sensitivity for details you are gifted with.

  • Bill_ColeyBill_Coley Posts: 1,164

    @Dave_L said:
    I'm not sure what you are getting at but since DT asked about what was going on, I assumed he hadn't dropped in for awhile. But I must say, I wish I was as meticulous and had the sensitivity for details you are gifted with.

    I understand how you came to the conclusion that DT hadn't visited these forums in a while, Dave.

    The point of my post was to identify his recent posts, to draw from those posts my own conclusion as to how how recently he's visited, and to empower others to reach their own conclusion, if they feel so inclined.

    As to any level of attention to detail my posts exhibit, I credit/blame my high school debate experience. Our team's coach drummed into our heads the commandment that if we asserted a fact, we needed to back it up; and if we couldn't back it up, we couldn't make the claim. So I spent three consecutive academic years defending my own claims and contending that others hadn't defended theirs.

    One outcome of my passion for accuracy that might surprise you is that I am highly critical of many of the headlines written by the partisan news sites I frequent. Said headlines - composed to draw attention (aka, readers) to their stories - regularly oversell the contents they introduce.

    A headline might scream, "Democrat candidate flattens GOPer in debate," but then the story below that headline will tell a much different story, say of a feisty give-and-take debate in which both candidates had good moments. Such inflated headlines annoy me greatly because headlines are assertions of fact about the stories they introduce. If they make a claim, they had better be able to back it up. Often, at least on the partisan news sites I frequent, that doesn't happen. The stories themselves are accurate! But the headlines are not.

    Details, details. Or as I often post: Facts matter.

  • Dave_LDave_L Posts: 2,174

    @Bill_Coley said:

    @Dave_L said:
    I'm not sure what you are getting at but since DT asked about what was going on, I assumed he hadn't dropped in for awhile. But I must say, I wish I was as meticulous and had the sensitivity for details you are gifted with.

    I understand how you came to the conclusion that DT hadn't visited these forums in a while, Dave.

    The point of my post was to identify his recent posts, to draw from those posts my own conclusion as to how how recently he's visited, and to empower others to reach their own conclusion, if they feel so inclined.

    As to any level of attention to detail my posts exhibit, I credit/blame my high school debate experience. Our team's coach drummed into our heads the commandment that if we asserted a fact, we needed to back it up; and if we couldn't back it up, we couldn't make the claim. So I spent three consecutive academic years defending my own claims and contending that others hadn't defended theirs.

    One outcome of my passion for accuracy that might surprise you is that I am highly critical of many of the headlines written by the partisan news sites I frequent. Said headlines - composed to draw attention (aka, readers) to their stories - regularly oversell the contents they introduce.

    A headline might scream, "Democrat candidate flattens GOPer in debate," but then the story below that headline will tell a much different story, say of a feisty give-and-take debate in which both candidates had good moments. Such inflated headlines annoy me greatly because headlines are assertions of fact about the stories they introduce. If they make a claim, they had better be able to back it up. Often, at least on the partisan news sites I frequent, that doesn't happen. The stories themselves are accurate! But the headlines are not.

    Details, details. Or as I often post: Facts matter.

    Interesting... that's a great skill.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,580

    @reformed said:
    I have been harassed yet again by Bill Coley accusing me of being David Taylor. I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR. Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon. I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.

    You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid. This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. You harass each other, @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe, @Wolfgang hates America and @Dave_L is just bat crazy.

    No wonder the actual David Taylor left, no wonder Gao Lu left, and apparently ther used to be others that left too. Why? Because this place is just stupid.

    GOODBYE

    Reformed,

    From your point of view, I wonder:

    1. Were you in a bad mood when you wrote the above?
    2. Are you the author of this post?
    3. Did you write this yourself?
    4. Do you stand behind this post?
    5. Is this post a mistake?
    6. Have you reconsidered any of the statements above?
    7. Why do you feel so emboldened to say such derogatory statements to fellow CD Users?
    8. Do care if you hurt someone's feelings?
    9. Are you comfortable saying these things to other adults?
    10. Do you know any of the current Users personally?
    11. Have you met any of the current CD Users?
    12. Would you be interested in meeting any of the current CD Users at no expenses to you?
    13. Are you comfortable saying the above things as a Pastor, father, and Christian?
    14. Would you consider changing your mind or attitude toward the aforementioned?
    15. Was this post written in haste?
    16. Did any previous users (recent or distant) dictate, inspired, encouraged and/or approved the characterization of current CD Users?
    17. Do you dislike one current CD User more than another?
    18. When did you conclude your view of each current CD Users?
    19. What do you hope will happen to the "New CD"?
    20. If it were in your power, would you like to replace the current users of CD?
    21. Do you have some people in mind (excluding former users)? If so, how many? What are their names?
    22. Do you care if the "New CD" survives?
    23. Do you think the "New CD" is a mistake?

    This post is addressed specifically to Reformed. Users give him the first chance to answer if he chooses to do so. Thanks. CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,983

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:
    I have been harassed yet again by Bill Coley accusing me of being David Taylor. I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR. Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon. I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.

    You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid. This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. You harass each other, @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe, @Wolfgang hates America and @Dave_L is just bat crazy.

    No wonder the actual David Taylor left, no wonder Gao Lu left, and apparently ther used to be others that left too. Why? Because this place is just stupid.

    GOODBYE

    Reformed,

    From your point of view, I wonder:

    1. Were you in a bad mood when you wrote the above?

    Yes

    1. Are you the author of this post?

    Yes

    1. Did you write this yourself?

    Yes

    1. Do you stand behind this post?

    Mostly, I went over the line with some name calling. For that I apologize.

    1. Is this post a mistake?

    Yes and no.

    1. Have you reconsidered any of the statements above?

    See above.

    1. Why do you feel so emboldened to say such derogatory statements to fellow CD Users?

    I've been pushed to my limit by certain members who I have now ignored.

    1. Do care if you hurt someone's feelings?

    Depends.

    1. Are you comfortable saying these things to other adults?

    See above.

    1. Do you know any of the current Users personally?

    No

    1. Have you met any of the current CD Users?

    No

    1. Would you be interested in meeting any of the current CD Users at no expenses to you?

    Not really

    1. Are you comfortable saying the above things as a Pastor, father, and Christian?

    See above

    1. Would you consider changing your mind or attitude toward the aforementioned?

    See above

    1. Was this post written in haste?

    Regrettably

    1. Did any previous users (recent or distant) dictate, inspired, encouraged and/or approved the characterization of current CD Users?

    No

    1. Do you dislike one current CD User more than another?

    Yes

    1. When did you conclude your view of each current CD Users?

    Not sure

    1. What do you hope will happen to the "New CD"?

    Heresy go away, and logic and reason prevail.

    1. If it were in your power, would you like to replace the current users of CD?

    Some of them yes.

    1. Do you have some people in mind (excluding former users)? If so, how many? What are their names?

    I'll keep that to myself.

    1. Do you care if the "New CD" survives?

    Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

    1. Do you think the "New CD" is a mistake?

    I wasn't a part of the old CD so I can't say.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,580
    edited November 30

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:
    I have been harassed yet again by Bill Coley accusing me of being David Taylor. I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR. Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon. I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.

    You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid. This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. You harass each other, @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe, @Wolfgang hates America and @Dave_L is just bat crazy.

    No wonder the actual David Taylor left, no wonder Gao Lu left, and apparently ther used to be others that left too. Why? Because this place is just stupid.

    GOODBYE

    Reformed,

    From your point of view, I wonder:

    1. Were you in a bad mood when you wrote the above?

    Yes

    1. Are you the author of this post?

    Yes

    1. Did you write this yourself?

    Yes

    1. Do you stand behind this post?

    Mostly, I went over the line with some name calling. For that I apologize.

    1. Is this post a mistake?

    Yes and no.

    1. Have you reconsidered any of the statements above?

    See above.

    1. Why do you feel so emboldened to say such derogatory statements to fellow CD Users?

    I've been pushed to my limit by certain members who I have now ignored.

    1. Do care if you hurt someone's feelings?

    Depends.

    1. Are you comfortable saying these things to other adults?

    See above.

    1. Do you know any of the current Users personally?

    No

    1. Have you met any of the current CD Users?

    No

    1. Would you be interested in meeting any of the current CD Users at no expenses to you?

    Not really

    1. Are you comfortable saying the above things as a Pastor, father, and Christian?

    See above

    1. Would you consider changing your mind or attitude toward the aforementioned?

    See above

    1. Was this post written in haste?

    Regrettably

    Reformed,
    With the passing of time, a cooler head, Thanksgiving and the year, hastily, coming to an end; I wonder if you are considering making a concise bold, and direct public apology for unkind remarks:

    @reformed said: "I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR".
    "Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon.
    I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.
    You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid.
    This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen...
    @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe,
    @Wolfgang hates America and
    @Dave_L is just bat crazy...Because this place is just stupid".

    In light of your answers to the questions above, your own words seem to demands that an apology is proper, departing or not. Regardless, a "wise man" never burns bridges; know it or like, he may have to cross back over it one day. Now that you've thought better, can you say better? The New CD Community (Users/Readers) awaits your better self, better words, better respect. Hey, "do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do". This is not a demand, just a request. CM

    Post edited by C_M_ on
  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,983

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:
    I have been harassed yet again by Bill Coley accusing me of being David Taylor. I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR. Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon. I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.

    You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid. This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen. You harass each other, @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe, @Wolfgang hates America and @Dave_L is just bat crazy.

    No wonder the actual David Taylor left, no wonder Gao Lu left, and apparently ther used to be others that left too. Why? Because this place is just stupid.

    GOODBYE

    Reformed,

    From your point of view, I wonder:

    1. Were you in a bad mood when you wrote the above?

    Yes

    1. Are you the author of this post?

    Yes

    1. Did you write this yourself?

    Yes

    1. Do you stand behind this post?

    Mostly, I went over the line with some name calling. For that I apologize.

    1. Is this post a mistake?

    Yes and no.

    1. Have you reconsidered any of the statements above?

    See above.

    1. Why do you feel so emboldened to say such derogatory statements to fellow CD Users?

    I've been pushed to my limit by certain members who I have now ignored.

    1. Do care if you hurt someone's feelings?

    Depends.

    1. Are you comfortable saying these things to other adults?

    See above.

    1. Do you know any of the current Users personally?

    No

    1. Have you met any of the current CD Users?

    No

    1. Would you be interested in meeting any of the current CD Users at no expenses to you?

    Not really

    1. Are you comfortable saying the above things as a Pastor, father, and Christian?

    See above

    1. Would you consider changing your mind or attitude toward the aforementioned?

    See above

    1. Was this post written in haste?

    Regrettably

    Reformed,
    With the passing of time, a cooler head, Thanksgiving and the year, hastily, coming to an end; I wonder if you are considering making a concise bold, and direct public apology for unkind remarks:

    @reformed said: "I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR".
    "Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon.
    I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.
    You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid.
    This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen...
    @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe,
    @Wolfgang hates America and
    @Dave_L is just bat crazy...Because this place is just stupid".

    In light of your answers to the questions above, your own words seem to demands that an apology is proper, departing or not. Regardless, a "wise man" never burns bridges; know it or like, he may have to cross back over it one day. Now that you've thought better, can you say better? The New CD Community (Users/Readers) awaits your better self, better words, better respect. Hey, "do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do". This is not a demand, just a request. CM

    I apologize to everyone exept for Bill. So to you, @Dave_L and @Wolfgang I apologize for my comments.

    But I will not apologize to @Bill_Coley because I am not sorry for what I said to him.

  • Dave_LDave_L Posts: 2,174

    @reformed said:

    I apologize to everyone exept for Bill. So to you, @Dave_L and @Wolfgang I apologize for my comments.

    That's OK Reformed, I have a knack for bringing the worst out in people. I'd say you held up pretty good.

  • reformedreformed Posts: 1,983

    @Dave_L said:

    @reformed said:

    I apologize to everyone exept for Bill. So to you, @Dave_L and @Wolfgang I apologize for my comments.

    That's OK Reformed, I have a knack for bringing the worst out in people. I'd say you held up pretty good.

    Thanks Dave. I am sorry to you most of all. You have a kind spirit, we just heavily disagree.

  • Dave_LDave_L Posts: 2,174

    @reformed said:

    @Dave_L said:

    @reformed said:

    I apologize to everyone exept for Bill. So to you, @Dave_L and @Wolfgang I apologize for my comments.

    That's OK Reformed, I have a knack for bringing the worst out in people. I'd say you held up pretty good.

    Thanks Dave. I am sorry to you most of all. You have a kind spirit, we just heavily disagree.

    I think we agree more than not. Our main difference is in eschatology.

  • Bill_ColeyBill_Coley Posts: 1,164

    @reformed said:

    I apologize to everyone exept for Bill. So to you, @Dave_L and @Wolfgang I apologize for my comments.

    But I will not apologize to @Bill_Coley because I am not sorry for what I said to him.

    Thanks for the apology, reformed.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,580

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said: "I AM NOT FREAKING DAVID TAYLOR".
    "Get over yourself @Bill_Coley go harass someone else you ignorant liberal buffoon.
    I am sick of you, sick of @C_M_ and really sick of this whole pathetic forum.
    You are all a bunch of nutjobs, idiots, stupid.
    This is the most ridiculous place I have ever seen...
    @C_M_ lives in an alternate universe,
    @Wolfgang hates America and
    @Dave_L is just bat crazy...Because this place is just stupid".

    In light of your answers to the questions above, your own words seem to demands that an apology is proper, departing or not. Regardless, a "wise man" never burns bridges; know it or like, he may have to cross back over it one day. Now that you've thought better, can you say better? The New CD Community (Users/Readers) awaits your better self, better words, better respect. Hey, "do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do". This is not a demand, just a request. CM

    I apologize to everyone exept for Bill. So to you, @Dave_L and @Wolfgang I apologize for my comments.

    But I will not apologize to @Bill_Coley because I am not sorry for what I said to him.

    Reformed,
    This appears to be honest, but most disturbing in light of the few remaining, the times (year-end), hope for renewal and improved relations among CD Users. I don't and can't speak for Bill, because he has spoken for himself, in his own sarcastic way. I don't think Bill has committed the "unpardonable sin". Are you saying, in such a public-way, Bill is not deserving of a "generic apology"? An outside reader (and a few within) may question your sincerity of the others who received apologies and the quality of your Christianity.

    I am not asking you to reveal, beyond what has been given thus far details of what caused you so much pain, but is it so but that you have to make such surgical apology? This action and attitude don't speak well for what we hope to convey to onlookers and potential new users. Please keep this in mind and give your heart a review for the few and the untold new. Consider the whole. Is it not bigger than it some parts? CM

Sign In or Register to comment.