Peace In Korea

13»

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:

@C_M_ said:

It may be time for all American to read two books for the summer:

-- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany is a book by William L. Shirer chronicling the rise and fall of Nazi Germany from the birth of Adolf Hitler in 1889 to the end of World War II in 1945. It was first published in 1960.

-- Ron Rosenbaum's "How the End Begins: The Road to a Nuclear World War III."

I know, people didn't believe Trump would ever be President of the USA. CM

AND YOU THOUGHT I WAS BEING EXTREME IN MY SUGGESTIONS UPON? See below:

Former CIA Chief Compares Trump’s Border Policies to Nazi Germany

Former CIA and NSA chief Michael Hayden on Saturday compared President Trump’s immigration policies to that of Nazi Germany in an ominous Twitter post. “Other governments have separated mothers and children,” Harden wrote next to a black-and-white photo of Auschwitz. Hayden has joined a growing chorus of criticism over the policy of separating migrant families at the border, which Trump has repeatedly blamed on Democratic lawmakers. Following reports earlier this week that nearly 2,000 children were taken by immigration authorities in a period of six weeks, the archbishop of New York also came out against what he called an “un-American” policy. Cardinal Timothy Dolan on Friday slammed Attorney General Jeff Sessions for invoking the Bible to defend the practice, telling CNN, “I don't think we should obey a law that goes against what God intends that you would take a baby, a child, from their mom.”

Trump is getting bad advice from Stephen Miller. CM

Oh brother, nothing in immigration policy has changed from the Obama Administration as far as this goes. Obama did the same things that are happening now.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed said:

Oh brother, nothing in immigration policy has changed from the Obama Administration as far as this goes. Obama did the same things that are happening now.

From everything I've read on the matter, reformed, your assertion that "Obama did the same things that are happening now" is not true. Remember what's happening now is the implementation of an administration policy to separate children from parents who come to our southern border to seek political asylum, a policy that to date has separated approximately 2,000 children from their parents. Please provide links to fact-based information that supports your claim (perhaps DHS data published during the Obama administration that reported the number of children it had separated from asylum-seeking parents).