Melania Trump (current First Lady of the USA)/ Barron

13»

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Where is Melania's voice on America kidnapping children and housing them in cages?
    Where is the outrage of snatching sucking babies from their mother's breasts? God, help America! CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited June 2018
    1. Why would Melania speak to your personal emotional response based on untruth?

2. How do you stop criminals from using their children as human shields from the law?

3. Have you any conscience? Answer that.

My wife and I are personally invested in helping kids like that in various countries, so my heart is tuned to the matter as are our personal actions, However, the illegal choices of some parents who choose criminal behavior over their children's welfare sometimes means harmful consequences. There are safe, reasonable, legal ways to immigrate. My wife and I have assisted with that as well and are presently doing so with a lovely young Asian family.

If you have a conscience, why are you not doing the same?

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    Where is Melania's voice on America kidnapping children and housing them in cages?
    Where is the outrage of snatching sucking babies from their mother's breasts? God, help America! CM

Nowhere since America isn't doing that.

• C Mc

.> @GaoLu said:

1. Why would Melania speak to your personal emotional response based on untruth?

Not my "personal emotional response." She is a mother and close to the President. The situation is opened for all to see.

1. How do you stop criminals from using their children as human shields from the law?

Even if what you say is so, and it's not, criminalization is the solution and justice? Don't they deserve any compassion? Where is your conscience?

1. Have you any conscience? Answer that.

My wife and I are personally invested in helping kids like that in various countries, so my heart is tuned to the matter as are our personal actions, However, the illegal choices of some parents who choose criminal behavior over their children's welfare sometimes means harmful consequences. There are safe, reasonable, legal ways to immigrate. My wife and I have assisted with that as well and are presently doing so with a lovely young Asian family.

Thanks for your efforts. Does this give you the right to question my humanitarian services?
    GaoLu, you know better than this. However, you seem to make a perfect worker for Mr. Trump. You repeat the talking points very well.

If you have a conscience, why are you not doing the same?

I don't recall ever telling you what I am doing or not doing. You make things up and project. There are many things to do personally and through organizations. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    .> @GaoLu said:

Not my "personal emotional response." She is a mother and close to the President. The situation is opened for all to see.

1. How do you stop criminals from using their children as human shields from the law?

Even if what you say is so, and it's not, criminalization is the solution and justice? Don't they deserve any compassion? Where is your conscience?

Of course, that is what it is. Do you agree these people are criminals? If not, how are they NOT criminals?

So all of a sudden criminals deserve a free pass just because they have kids? No sir.

• C Mc

@reformed said:
    Of course, that is what it is. Do you agree these people are criminals? If not, how are they NOT criminals?

So all of a sudden criminals deserve a free pass just because they have kids? No sir.

Mr. Reformed, have you not heard in your American laws of "cruel and unusual punishment"?

How would you and Mr. GaoLu explain to an autistic or down syndrome child his momma committed a crime? Please, don't say Social worker. The Party of family values (Republican) has become the party of hate and compassionless. Are you proud of this? "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3 KJV) CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Mr. Reformed, have you not heard in your American laws of "cruel and unusual punishment"?

How would you and Mr. GaoLu explain to an autistic or down syndrome child his momma committed a crime? Please, don't say Social worker. The Party of family values (Republican) has become the party of hate and compassionless. Are you proud of this? "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3 KJV) CM

cru·el
    ˈkro͞o(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    willfully causing pain or suffering to others, or feeling no concern about it.

un·u·su·al
    ˌənˈyo͞oZH(o͞o)əl/Submit
    adjective
    not habitually or commonly occurring or done.

I'm sorry, but separating criminal parents from their kids is not cruel and unusual punishment. Standard practice and has been for decades. This is not just a border practice, this is every day criminal justice.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

I'm sorry, but separating criminal parents from their kids is not cruel and unusual punishment. Standard practice and has been for decades. This is not just a border practice, this is every day criminal justice.

Reformed, your so-called "every day criminal justice" of "separating criminal parents from their kids" has just changed by Executive Order to jail children with their parents. Some children will not be reunited with their parents, even under this order. And this supposed to be better. Are you a parent?

Out of your President's mouth, he wants money for the wall, (he claimed Mexico will pay) from Congress. The Zero Tolerant Policy to separate the children is "cruel-- willfully causing pain or suffering to others, or feeling no concern about it." The children are held as ransom to force Congress to give him what he wants.

A new day and the Political Pyromaniac as US President continues. Stop defending this behavior! CM

• C Mc

Oops, this is a prayer request post. Pray for Melania. She hardly has a voice for herself, not to say, a voice for jailed children scattered around the U. S. Who is to say, she may be needing rescuing. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Reformed, your so-called "every day criminal justice" of "separating criminal parents from their kids" has just changed by Executive Order to jail children with their parents. Some children will not be reunited with their parents, even under this order. And this supposed to be better. Are you a parent?

Out of your President's mouth, he wants money for the wall, (he claimed Mexico will pay) from Congress. The Zero Tolerant Policy to separate the children is "cruel-- willfully causing pain or suffering to others, or feeling no concern about it." The children are held as ransom to force Congress to give him what he wants.

A new day and the Political Pyromaniac as US President continues. Stop defending this behavior! CM

Is Donald Trump not your President to? If not, why are you even commenting on American politics?

That being said, do you know what the EO does? Now the children are in jail with their parents. Is that better? What would be better is if these criminals didn't break the law in the first place. Of course, you don't want to talk about the criminals. You want to talk about law enforcement actually enforcing the law.

That being said, Trump is just enforcing the law. That isn't political, it is the law and should have been done all along.

It is not cruel to punish crime. It is cruel to the actual citizens of this country to let crime go unchecked.

@C_M_ said:
    Oops, this is a prayer request post. Pray for Melania. She hardly has a voice for herself, not to say, a voice for jailed children scattered around the U. S. Who is to say, she may be needing rescuing. CM

Based on what?

• C Mc

@reformed said:
    That being said, do you know what the EO does?

Trump signs an executive order to detain families together at the border indefinitely

17 hours ago
    President Trump has signed an executive order to reverse a practice recently enacted by his own administration that resulted in the separation of children from their families at the border.

The language of the executive order, titled “Affording Congress an Opportunity to Address Family Separation,” points blame at Congress, echoing Trump’s previous statements demanding that this issue be resolved through legislation, although it was not implemented through legislation.

The meat of the order:

Section 1. Policy. It is the policy of this Administration to rigorously enforce our immigration laws. Under our laws, the only legal way for an alien to enter this country is at a designated port of entry at an appropriate time. When an alien enters or attempts to enter the country anywhere else, that alien has committed at least the crime of improper entry and is subject to a fine or imprisonment under section 1325(a) of title 8, United States Code. This Administration will initiate proceedings to enforce this and other criminal provisions of the INA until and unless Congress directs otherwise. It is also the policy of this Administration to maintain family unity, including by detaining alien families together where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources. It is unfortunate that Congress’s failure to act and court orders have put the Administration in the position of separating alien families to effectively enforce the law.

The executive order proposes a “temporary detention policy” that would allow the Department of Homeland Security to detain families attempting to enter the United States at the southern border “during the pendency of any criminal improper entry or immigration proceedings involving their members.”

That portion of the order suggests that DHS would indefinitely detain a family together while any of its members await prosecution and potential deportation, a policy that looks likely to violate an existing court decision, Flores v. Reno. Because that legal precedent forbids the indefinite detainment of children at the border, the administration is likely gearing up for a clash in the courts.

Through the executive order, the president makes plain his plan to challenge the decision, known as the Flores agreement:

The Attorney General shall promptly file a request with the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California to modify the Settlement Agreement in Flores v. Sessions, CV 85-4544 (“Flores settlement”), in a manner that would permit the Secretary, under present resource constraints, to detain alien families together throughout the pendency of criminal proceedings for improper entry or any removal or other immigration proceedings.

As controversy around the southern border erupted in recent days, many major tech companies weighed in with vocal opposition to the Trump administration’s recent practice of separating adults who enter the U.S. illegally from the children they bring with them. Microsoft’s Satya Nadella also denounced the policy, though the company is facing both internal and external criticism over its previously announced intentions to supply deep learning and facial recognition software to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) through a lucrative federal contract.

@reformed said: "...Trump is just enforcing the law. That isn't political, it is the law and should have been done all along."

Then, why the EO? He gave in. You can't defend the indefensible. The children are pawns, the overall act is a detraction, and the EO is politics, pure and simple. CM

SOURCE:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/20/trump-executive-order/

• reformed
    edited June 2018

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:
    That being said, do you know what the EO does?

Trump signs an executive order to detain families together at the border indefinitely

17 hours ago
    President Trump has signed an executive order to reverse a practice recently enacted by his own administration that resulted in the separation of children from their families at the border.

The language of the executive order, titled “Affording Congress an Opportunity to Address Family Separation,” points blame at Congress, echoing Trump’s previous statements demanding that this issue be resolved through legislation, although it was not implemented through legislation.

The meat of the order:

Section 1. Policy. It is the policy of this Administration to rigorously enforce our immigration laws. Under our laws, the only legal way for an alien to enter this country is at a designated port of entry at an appropriate time. When an alien enters or attempts to enter the country anywhere else, that alien has committed at least the crime of improper entry and is subject to a fine or imprisonment under section 1325(a) of title 8, United States Code. This Administration will initiate proceedings to enforce this and other criminal provisions of the INA until and unless Congress directs otherwise. It is also the policy of this Administration to maintain family unity, including by detaining alien families together where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources. It is unfortunate that Congress’s failure to act and court orders have put the Administration in the position of separating alien families to effectively enforce the law.

The executive order proposes a “temporary detention policy” that would allow the Department of Homeland Security to detain families attempting to enter the United States at the southern border “during the pendency of any criminal improper entry or immigration proceedings involving their members.”

That portion of the order suggests that DHS would indefinitely detain a family together while any of its members await prosecution and potential deportation, a policy that looks likely to violate an existing court decision, Flores v. Reno. Because that legal precedent forbids the indefinite detainment of children at the border, the administration is likely gearing up for a clash in the courts.

Through the executive order, the president makes plain his plan to challenge the decision, known as the Flores agreement:

The Attorney General shall promptly file a request with the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California to modify the Settlement Agreement in Flores v. Sessions, CV 85-4544 (“Flores settlement”), in a manner that would permit the Secretary, under present resource constraints, to detain alien families together throughout the pendency of criminal proceedings for improper entry or any removal or other immigration proceedings.

As controversy around the southern border erupted in recent days, many major tech companies weighed in with vocal opposition to the Trump administration’s recent practice of separating adults who enter the U.S. illegally from the children they bring with them. Microsoft’s Satya Nadella also denounced the policy, though the company is facing both internal and external criticism over its previously announced intentions to supply deep learning and facial recognition software to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) through a lucrative federal contract.

@reformed said: "...Trump is just enforcing the law. That isn't political, it is the law and should have been done all along."

Then, why the EO? He gave in. You can't defend the indefensible. The children are pawns, the overall act is a detraction, and the EO is politics, pure and simple. CM

SOURCE:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/20/trump-executive-order/

He didn't give in, the EO didn't change any laws. It just changed where kids are detained. The one here defending the indefensible is you defending criminals who break our laws willfully and proudly.

• C Mc

The First Lady, Melania, is in a"pickle" (As they would say in Texas). Sad. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

No, she is in the crosshairs of the media and crazed lunatic liberals who are out to get the President. It's shameful the way the media and the Democrats treat the Trump family.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

No, she is in the crosshairs of the media and crazed lunatic liberals who are out to get the President. It's shameful the way the media and the Democrats treat the Trump family.

That may or may not be, but who put that jacket on Melania's back? CM

• GaoLu

Melania is a true princess handling herself wisely and with confidence. Some people are not gifted to see that.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Melania is a true princess handling herself wisely and with confidence. Some people are not gifted to see that.

I hope you are right, but time is a revealer of all truth. CM

• GaoLu

Time has been revealing it a long time already.

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

That may or may not be, but who put that jacket on Melania's back? CM

It is a jacket, what does it matter? For all we know she was making a statement against the media that she doesn't care what they say about her or her husband. But really, the fact that people pay that much attention to what she is wearing is beyond ridiculous.

• GaoLu

Lettes on the coat look photoshopped to me, but either way, I would wear one.

I once had a bumper sticker on my desk--upside down--that said "Why Be Normal?" I was surprised when some parents came and thought it very inappropriate. I kept it anyway.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Lettes on the coat look photoshopped to me, but either way, I would wear one.

I once had a bumper sticker on my desk--upside down--that said "Why Be Normal?" I was surprised when some parents came and thought it very inappropriate. I kept it anyway.

So, now, I understand. CM

• GaoLu
    Thought you would. You are a sharp cookie.