@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:
    According to scripture, the second amendment is a law, but the Civil Magistrate is a person (Romans 13). And all must submit to the person, the civil magistrate.

Here we go again.....

Not, really. I'm only pointing out that you cannot undermine the authority of the Magistrate.

We aren't. The Magistrate wants the people to have guns.

But God places all under the Magistrate. And only a Magistrate can well regulate a Militia. This is why there is a National Guard. If you want a gun, join the National Guard.

I'm glad that is what you think but that isn't what the Magistrate thinks. Sorry, try again.

You cannot follow Christ and disobey Romans 13.

I'm not. But what you don't understand is the Magistrate decides who does what according to Romans 13. Therefore the 2nd Amendment is in line with Romans 13.

No, the militia are those the Magistrate sends for the punishment of evildoers.

“Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.” (1 Peter 2:13–14)

You can say what you want, but apparently, you don't understand how the "Magistrate" set up the United States.

How is the Magistrate set up in scripture? Who do you follow? Christ or Satan?

Scripture doesn't setup the Magistrate Dave. And your question as to who I follow is disgusting!

God puts in power those he chooses. So he does define the role of the Magistrate for us. And God also placed all the kingdoms of the world under Satan's control. And Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this world". So you are following Satan when you preach violence and destruction as your preferred course of action.

That's Dave's theology, not Scripture. And don't preach violence and destruction Dave. I think it is pretty disgusting the way you characterize me and you don't even understand basic principles of Scripture or what I actually believe. Yet @C_M_ accuses me of the wrong doing.

Both of you should be ashamed.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:
    According to scripture, the second amendment is a law, but the Civil Magistrate is a person (Romans 13). And all must submit to the person, the civil magistrate.

Here we go again.....

Not, really. I'm only pointing out that you cannot undermine the authority of the Magistrate.

But God places all under the Magistrate. And only a Magistrate can well regulate a Militia. This is why there is a National Guard. If you want a gun, join the National Guard.

I'm glad that is what you think but that isn't what the Magistrate thinks. Sorry, try again.

I'm not. But what you don't understand is the Magistrate decides who does what according to Romans 13. Therefore the 2nd Amendment is in line with Romans 13.

“Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.” (1 Peter 2:13–14)

You can say what you want, but apparently, you don't understand how the "Magistrate" set up the United States.

Scripture doesn't setup the Magistrate Dave. And your question as to who I follow is disgusting!

God puts in power those he chooses. So he does define the role of the Magistrate for us. And God also placed all the kingdoms of the world under Satan's control. And Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this world". So you are following Satan when you preach violence and destruction as your preferred course of action.

That's Dave's theology, not Scripture. And don't preach violence and destruction Dave. I think it is pretty disgusting the way you characterize me and you don't even understand basic principles of Scripture or what I actually believe. Yet @C_M_ accuses me of the wrong doing.

Let every word be established in the mouth of two or three witnesses.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Here we go again.....

What in the world are you talking about?

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Here we go again.....

You endorse violence, scripture calls for peace.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

Here we go again.....

You endorse violence, scripture calls for peace.

When you say I endorse violence.... How exactly do you define violence and how do I endorse it?

• Dave_L
    edited March 2018

Guns kill people. You are pro gun. The guns designed specifically for killing the most people in the least amount of time.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:
    Guns kill people. You are pro gun. The guns designed specifically for killing the most people in the least amount of time.

You did not answer the question. And you are using circular reasoning.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I recall you saying you would use guns against the US government. Which for any reason is against scripture.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

I recall you saying you would use guns against the US government. Which for any reason is against scripture.

First, I said I would fight the government if they started attacking and killing their civilians. Yes, and I stand by that. I also stand by that Scripture allows for that as an act of self-defense. It's not against Scripture no matter how much you want to twist it.

If you think it is so against Scripture I guess you should move to England since we have been rebelling against them for over 200 years.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

First, I said I would fight the government if they started attacking and killing their civilians. Yes, and I stand by that. I also stand by that Scripture allows for that as an act of self-defense. It's not against Scripture no matter how much you want to twist it.

If you think it is so against Scripture I guess you should move to England since we have been rebelling against them for over 200 years.

But christians do not do this. Paul did not say to resist the Romans or Nero under any circumstances.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

But christians do not do this. Paul did not say to resist the Romans or Nero under any circumstances.

You really need to re-read the Bible.

• Dave_L
    edited March 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

If you can justify overthrowing the US Government for ANY REASON, show it from scripture. Even David did not kill Saul when given the chance, and he was in the same position you think justifies violence.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

If you can justify overthrowing the US Government for ANY REASON, show it from scripture. Even David did not kill Saul when given the chance, and he was in the same position you think justifies violence.

No, I use the same thing David does. Violence is always a last resort. David didn't kill Saul because he didn't need to. There was an escape route.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

No, I use the same thing David does. Violence is always a last resort. David didn't kill Saul because he didn't need to. There was an escape route.

But it says God kept David from killing him. Why? why not, if it wasn't sin?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

At that moment it would have been a sin. It would have been murder for David to kill him. His life was not in immediate danger. Clarification: He was not going to die that second if he did not kill Saul.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

At that moment it would have been a sin. It would have been murder for David to kill him. His life was not in immediate danger. Clarification: He was not going to die that second if he did not kill Saul.

But you cannot import OT ethics into the NT. Only Christ and the NT writers can do that. And they forbid self defence using violence.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

But you cannot import OT ethics into the NT. Only Christ and the NT writers can do that. And they forbid self defence using violence.

And there you are wrong. Good day @Dave_L I've wasted enough of my life on you. You don't want to listen or even discuss anything. You don't really want to investigate Scripture. You don't even go to church. You troll these forums, say I am a worshipper/follower/preacher of Satan. I'm done with you. You are a viper, you are a danger, you are a fool.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

And there you are wrong. Good day @Dave_L I've wasted enough of my life on you. You don't want to listen or even discuss anything. You don't really want to investigate Scripture. You don't even go to church. You troll these forums, say I am a worshipper/follower/preacher of Satan. I'm done with you. You are a viper, you are a danger, you are a fool.

Jesus abolished the Old Covenant on the cross, replacing it with the New. You are undermining him preaching violence.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

However, interesting fact, in South Carolina there is an old law on the books from the early days that says all males over 16 must take a rifle to church on Sunday to ward off Indian attacks. Just saying....

I am sure THIS LAW was for "White boys" ONLY! Who would trust a.... "Negro" with a gun back then? Notwithstanding, this is most likely what you referred to about SC Gun Law of 1743:

South Carolina

• "Much like Rhode Island, South Carolina‟s obligation to own a gun is not explicit, but did require “all, and every person and persons now in this Colony” to “appeare in armes ready fitted in their severall Companies....” “Armes,” of course, might include a sword or other non-firearm weapon, but South Carolina‟s 1743 requirement to bring guns to church..., suggests that “armes” meant guns." [ Alexander S. Salley, Journal of the Grand Council of South Carolina(Columbia, S.C.: Historical Commission of South Carolina, 1907), 1:10-11].

Guns for the Poor
    On any number of occasions, the Colonial governments supplied guns to subjects too poor to purchase them. The laws usually specified that the recipient was to pay for the gun.

• For example, a March 22, 1630/1 Massachusetts statute required the entire adult male population to be armed. Every person, including servants, was to own “good & sufficient armies” of a type “allowable by the captain or other officers, those that want & are of abilities to buy them themselves, others that are unable to have them provided by the town....” Those who were armed by the town under the March 22 statute were to reimburse the town “when they shall be able.” [Nathaniel B. Shurtleff, Records of the Governor and Company of the Massachusetts Bay in New England (Boston: William White, 1853),1:84].

• On March 6, 1632/3, the law was amended to require that any single person who had not provided himself with acceptable arms would be compelled to work for a master. The work earned him the cost of the arms provided to him by the government. [Nathaniel B. Shurtleff, Records of the Governor and Company of the Massachusetts Bay in New England (Boston: William White, 1853), 1:93].

I wonder if Mr. Trump would be interested in this, today? Hey, there is the Second Amendment-- Guns to the Poor. Since the American government couldn't deliver on its promise of "40-acres and a mule"; give guns.

OLD GUN LAWS MAKE NO COMMONSENSE TODAY! CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

You have a way of saying a thing in a very derogative way. I wonder if the emotion of that is hard on you? Just a suggestion, but say what you think but keep a little lighter about it. I come to these forums and enjoy sharing thoughts, but I sure don't carry them away with me for long.

• C Mc

GaoLu,
    I am sorry to read this. However, be specific about what you are referring e.g. "saying a thing in a very derogative way." I thought one would appreciate the documented historical law to which David made reference? I gave the references of which I speak. I didn't make them up.

I do want you to enjoy these forums and take away nuggets of truth to treasure for life. What more I need to say? CM

• GaoLu
    edited March 2018

@C_M_ said:
    I thought one would appreciate the documented historical law to which David made reference? I gave the references of which I speak. I didn't make them up.

I did find those interesting. Thanks for sharing those.

I do want you to enjoy these forums and take away nuggets of truth to treasure for life. What more I need to say? CM

There are some tasty McNuggets and sometimes pure gold. Many are yours!

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:
    I thought one would appreciate the documented historical law to which David made reference? I gave the references of which I speak. I didn't make them up.

I did find those interesting. Thanks for sharing those.

You are welcome!

There are some tasty McNuggets and sometimes pure gold. Many are yours!

I try to support what I say in these forums to enrich, encourage, enlighten, provoke thought and contribute to the various conversations. I said before, in my sharing, I throw in a little humor and few "light moments." Notwithstanding, please be specific about when you find me "saying a thing in a very derogative way." To avoid stirring up a Hornet's Nest, in CD, use the PM. When there is doubt, seek me out. Enjoy with understanding! CM

• C Mc

Someone, NOT GaoLu, thinks, I am racist and prejudice because of what I posted here and in the forums recently. Who would think such? Am I? Let the truth be known. CM

• C Mc

More than 33,000 people in the United States die by gunfire each year, the highest gun mortality rate among industrialized countries.

It is one of the country’s leading causes of death but receives little research funding.

As many people die from guns, for example, as from sepsis infection, yet funding for gun research is less than 1 percent of that for sepsis, a 2017 analysi s found.

The **lack of money can be traced to a 1996 rule known as the Dickey Amendment, which was passed by Congress under pressure from gun lobbyists. **Technically, the amendment forbids the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s funding from being used to advocate for gun control. But the rule had a chilling effect, choking off grant money at federal agencies and essential data-gathering on gun violence.

Mark Rosenberg, who was heading CDC’s research on firearm violence in 1996 when the Dickey Amendment passed, said he believed the work his staff was doing could have saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

But it all came to a halt when, along with passing the Dickey Amendment, Congress took away $2.6 million from the CDC — the exact amount previously allocated to Rosenberg’s firearms research. A clear message had been sent to other federal agencies and to the researchers who depend on their funding.

Those limitations slowed the research to a crawl. The few studies conducted have been limited in scope and often cobbled together with minor grants or university support.

That diversity has yielded innovative approaches.

One study — published in December by two Wellesley College economists — used data from Google searches, background checks for gun sales and death records to suggest that the intense debate over gun laws after the Sandy Hook shootings** led to increased gun sales**, which then led to a sharp increase in accidental gun deaths.

.... “We just saw a chart in the newspaper about the rise in gun sales after Sandy Hook, and it brought up so many questions,” said co-author Phillip Levine.

Another study — published three weeks ago by a Harvard physician and an economics PhD student — found a 20 percent nationwide drop in injuries from firearms whenever thousands of gun owners gathered for National Rifle Association meetings.

...One of the most promising studies underway is a joint venture between seasoned researcher Wintemute and David Studdert — a midcareer researcher at Stanford, new to gun violence research, who focused previously on medical injuries and car accidents.
    ... Are you more or less likely to die if you own a firearm?

The risk-benefit question is, in many ways, what has driven the U.S. gun debate for decades. It is at the crux of President Trump’s recent push to arm schoolteachers.

Gun rights advocates argue that firearms make people safer, reduce crime and protect families. Gun control advocates say possessing a firearm does more harm than good, increasing risk of accidental death, violence and suicide.

The risk-benefit question, however, has been extremely difficult to study. One main hurdle is that there is no national registry of gun ownership.

The resulting data in theory will help them determine the relationship — whether good or bad — between gun ownership and death.

“There is a nastiness that you have to be prepared for when you publish in this arena,” said Stanford law professor John Donohue, who pulled Studdert aside to warn him. “There’s a level of implicit threat when you reach conclusions the gun interests don’t like.” --William Wan is a national correspondent covering science and news for The Washington Post. CM

• GaoLu
    edited March 2018

Can anyone verify these facts? (I am out of time)

1. The NRA doesn't sell guns, never has, never will!
    2. The hasn't been a single member of the NRA that has been a shooter in a mass shooting, ever.
    3. Conceal weapon permit holders, commit the least crime of any known group in the US, including police and clergy.
    4. The NRA helped pen, and pushed Congress to pass gun legislation, that actually worked.
    5. The NRA gave away over 2 million gun locks.
    6. The NRA is over 5 million Americans.

And you know, I kind of get a kick out of it. Hollywood celebrities are showing up in "great numbers, "vast crowds," etc. to protest gun use. Right. They just want to stand in front of cameras.

• I'll believe celebrities care about their cause when they stop gun violence in their movies.

• I will believe that posters here are serious about their cause when they state a clear promise on these forums to
      1) boycott any movie showing violence using guns.
      2) take up their cause with equal sincerity against gun violence in movies.

Otherwise, we all know the word:...hypocrite

• GaoLu
    edited March 2018

Celebrities against gun violence:

• Dave_L

@GaoLu said:

2. The hasn't been a single member of the NRA that has been a shooter in a mass shooting, ever.
    3. Conceal weapon permit holders, commit the least crime of any known group in the US, including police and clergy.
    4. The NRA helped pen, and pushed Congress to pass gun legislation, that actually worked.

And you know, I kind of get a kick out of it. Hollywood celebrities are showing up in "great numbers, "vast crowds," etc. to protest gun use. Right. They just want to stand in front of cameras.

• I'll believe celebrities care about their cause when they stop gun violence in their movies.

• I will believe that posters here are serious about their cause when they state a clear promise on these forums to

As I understand, the NRA wants the 2nd Amendment minus the "well regulated militia". And the movie stars want the 2nd Amendment with a "well regulated militia".

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@GaoLu said:

As I understand, the NRA wants the 2nd Amendment minus the "well regulated militia". And the movie stars want the 2nd Amendment with a "well regulated militia".

You understand incorrectly.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@GaoLu said:

You understand incorrectly.

What we have for a "militia" is Unregulated, if it means military grade weapons can fall into the wrong hands. And the NRA does not want it to change.