Proof: Parkland Survivors Screaming For Gun Control Aren't Serious About Fixing The Issues

12346»

Comments

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@GaoLu said:
    You have these kids who do the school killings & then blame it on the NRA & American gun owners.

Exactly. The NRA and American gun owners have ZERO responsibility in these shootings. Period.

Why are so many kids "targeting" the NRA? Could it be because they lobby to keep guns designed for mass casualty legal? How can any who support this type of weaponry not share in the innocent bloodshed they produce? Why have them in the first place, if not for killing people?

Because the kids are ignorant and brainwashed by liberals and the media. That's why. Plain and simple.

Is it possible the pro-assault weapon people are creating a bumper crop of leftists and progressives? If I were to vote, I'd vote consistently pro life, but the hypocrisy in both main parties make that impossible.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Bill_Coley said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

Why are so many kids "targeting" the NRA? Could it be because they lobby to keep guns designed for mass casualty legal? How can any who support this type of weaponry not share in the innocent bloodshed they produce? Why have them in the first place, if not for killing people?

Because the kids are ignorant and brainwashed by liberals and the media. That's why. Plain and simple.

I don't know WHERE I got the idea that the students who took on the NRA and members of Congress during their Saturday marches in dozens of cities around the world did so as part of their stand against gun violence. Thanks for setting me straight, David. Thanks to your post, I now understand that it's only liberals and the media who are against gun violence and the organizations and Congresspeople who enable it, the ignorant and brainwashed students, simply pawns in an elaborate and sinister scheme to reduce the number of people killed by firearms.

Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

They are political pawns which is why it's pathetic. The only reason they even have a voice is because they are political pawns.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@GaoLu said:
    You have these kids who do the school killings & then blame it on the NRA & American gun owners.

Exactly. The NRA and American gun owners have ZERO responsibility in these shootings. Period.

Is it possible the pro-assault weapon people are creating a bumper crop of leftists and progressives? If I were to vote, I'd vote consistently pro life, but the hypocrisy in both main parties make that impossible.

No it's not possible. Anti Gun are always liberal leftists. I refuse to call them progressives, they are regressive.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@GaoLu said:

No it's not possible. Anti Gun are always liberal leftists. I refuse to call them progressives, they are regressive.

I'm neither Right or Left but I think the student murders are driving people to whatever party is saying the right things now. That is, I don't think any of the kids were polarized either Right or Left until this last catastrophe happened.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@davidtaylorjr said:
    They [students standing against gun violence] are political pawns which is why it's pathetic. The only reason they even have a voice is because they are political pawns.

Could be. OR, the students might have a voice because the Parkland shooting was a galvanizing moment in the history of guns in this country. Whereas previous school shootings prompted alarm, but no organized student response, the Parkland shooting has had a different, more profound impact, an impact that prompted organized responses in cities around the world.

In my view, your suggestion that the students are political pawns struggles to explain why now? Why did THIS shooting result in hundreds of thousands of "political pawns" out in global protests, but, say, the Sandy Hook massacre, didn't? The position statements of the "sides" in the nation's political debate over gun rights and gun laws haven't changed much since Sandy Hook. What HAS changed is the accumulation of tragedies - more have been shot and wounded or killed. Parkland was a tipping point. Students there, and the nation of which they are citizens, reacted differently than students victimized in previous shootings. And, deeply affected by the accumulation of pain inflicted by guns over the years, students around the country have joined the Parkland students' reaction.

...Or they might just be political pawns. It's pretty much a coin toss.