@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:
    If a teacher is a first responder, what becomes more important? Shooting it out or herding the class to safety?

Dave both would be priorities. And it isn't shooting it out. It is, if you see the shooter you can neutralize them immediately.

Shouldn't everyone including students have the right to bear arms under law?

What does this have to do with the thread? Nothing. Do not derail yet another topic.

The topic is arming teachers. So I ask why not arm students also of legal gun owning age?

Most students are not of legal owning age. And we are not talking about students, we are talking about actually proposed fixes of arming teachers. Please stay on topic.

Minimum Age for Gun Possession: Subject to limited exceptions*, federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18. Federal law provides no minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition.

Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess | Giffords Law Center to Prevent ...
    lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/who-can-have-a-gun/minimum-age/

So do you think it is practical for students to be carrying long guns to school? No. That's why this is off-topic Dave.

I do not see any rational difference between arming students of legal age and teachers. The Law is the Law.

We aren't talking about arming teachers with long rifles. We are talking about concealed carry. Students aren't eligible for that Dave.

We are talking about teachers' and students' rights to bear arms. We should not infringe either.

No Dave, that is not the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is whether or not we should have armed teachers in schools.

It still remains that students should be armed if teachers are armed. It is a bad idea to arm teachers if students remained unarmed.

How do you figure that?

How can people limit the benefits of the 2nd Amendment to some and not others of legal age? In our NRA discussions I asked why we need an armed citizenry when we have government to protect and defend the Constitution. If we justify having both, why would we want only the government to have arms in crime prone school areas and not the citizens?

If gun control good for the classroom? Then why not in the community?

I have no idea what you are talking about Dave.

Do you think it is good to deny 2nd Amendment rights to some and not to others? As in a classroom where teachers carry guns and students do not? If so, why not gun control for all?

In response to the topic: I believe arming teachers and not students is a bad idea.

Students can't own weapons Dave. They aren't old enough.

Minimum Age for Gun Possession: Subject to limited exceptions*, federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18. Federal law provides no minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition.

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:
    If a teacher is a first responder, what becomes more important? Shooting it out or herding the class to safety?

Dave both would be priorities. And it isn't shooting it out. It is, if you see the shooter you can neutralize them immediately.

What does this have to do with the thread? Nothing. Do not derail yet another topic.

The topic is arming teachers. So I ask why not arm students also of legal gun owning age?

Most students are not of legal owning age. And we are not talking about students, we are talking about actually proposed fixes of arming teachers. Please stay on topic.

So do you think it is practical for students to be carrying long guns to school? No. That's why this is off-topic Dave.

I do not see any rational difference between arming students of legal age and teachers. The Law is the Law.

We aren't talking about arming teachers with long rifles. We are talking about concealed carry. Students aren't eligible for that Dave.

We are talking about teachers' and students' rights to bear arms. We should not infringe either.

No Dave, that is not the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is whether or not we should have armed teachers in schools.

It still remains that students should be armed if teachers are armed. It is a bad idea to arm teachers if students remained unarmed.

How do you figure that?

How can people limit the benefits of the 2nd Amendment to some and not others of legal age? In our NRA discussions I asked why we need an armed citizenry when we have government to protect and defend the Constitution. If we justify having both, why would we want only the government to have arms in crime prone school areas and not the citizens?

Do you think it is good to deny 2nd Amendment rights to some and not to others? As in a classroom where teachers carry guns and students do not? If so, why not gun control for all?

In response to the topic: I believe arming teachers and not students is a bad idea.

Dave, this thread is about conceal carry. Students do not have the right to conceal carry or possess handguns so please get off of your box and quit derailing the thread.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362
    edited February 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

Dave, this thread is about conceal carry. Students do not have the right to conceal carry or possess handguns so please get off of your box and quit derailing the thread.

I'm not talking about pistols. I'm referring to what the Law allows all to carry. But while we're on the topic of regulations, why not ban private ownership of all guns and arm only the civil magistrate?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

I'm not talking about pistols. I'm referring to what the Law allows all to carry. But while we're on the topic of regulations, why not ban private ownership of all guns and arm only the civil magistrate?

Stick to the topic Dave. You derail almost every topic on CD. That is what you do, quite frankly it is annoying.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

Stick to the topic Dave. You derail almost every topic on CD. That is what you do, quite frankly it is annoying.

I am on topic. You mentioned students not having pistols. So if you think that is good, why not ban all private gun ownership?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

I am on topic. You mentioned students not having pistols. So if you think that is good, why not ban all private gun ownership?

That's not the topic Dave, and you were the one to bring up students with guns. The topic is why arming teachers is or is not a bad idea. Not students. Teachers.

• Dave_L
    edited February 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

That's not the topic Dave, and you were the one to bring up students with guns. The topic is why arming teachers is or is not a bad idea. Not students. Teachers.

You led the discussion in this direction. I only responded. To recap. Topic: Is arming teachers a bad idea? My reply: Yes, unless all are legally armed. Your reply: Pistols are not allowed...My reply: If so, why not ban all private ownership of guns?... and so on.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

You led the discussion in this direction. I only responded. To recap. Topic: Is arming teachers a bad idea? My reply: Yes, unless all are legally armed. Your reply: Pistols are not allowed...My reply: If so, why not ban all private ownership of guns?... and so on.

Why is it a bad idea to only arm teachers?

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

Why is it bad to arm only the civil magistrate?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

You have lost me again, what does that have to do with my question? Nothing.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

We are speaking of double standards. Having an armed citizenry and and armed magistrate at the same time. Why are both necessary? And then we propose having only the teacher (magistrate) armed in the classroom and not the citizen. If we can strip citizens of their right to bear arms in the classroom, why not strip them of their rights in the city and state as well?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

We are speaking of double standards. Having an armed citizenry and and armed magistrate at the same time. Why are both necessary? And then we propose having only the teacher (magistrate) armed in the classroom and not the citizen. If we can strip citizens of their right to bear arms in the classroom, why not strip them of their rights in the city and state as well?

Oh brother Dave. This is the kind of junk why nobody takes you seriously.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

Is the second amendment for everyone in harm's way, or just for some?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

How do you figure that?

Is the second amendment for everyone in harm's way, or just for some?

The 2nd Ammendment is about about overall defense of the country as well as personal defense. But that has nothing to do with this thread.

Are people allowed guns on planes? No, but an air marshal is. Are kids allowed to buy handguns? No and rightfully so. That doesn't mean they can't when they are older.

We also don't expect kids to fight wars either, but it doesn't mean they can't when they are older.

There is a difference between a kid having a gun and an adult. Therefore, we arm the teachers, not the kids.

The kids do not have the maturity, and in many cases the coordination, to handle a firearm, especially in a high pressure situation.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463
    edited February 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

STOP! Check yourself. The recent mass shooter owned a gun and did so legally-- No background check, no nationwide database. Shame on the NRA!

A Fact to consider: The 2nd Amendment rights don't cover Assault Rifles, period! They can be banned today and forever. It will NOT violate the second amendment. You know it and any leveled head reader and rational thinker do too. CM

Post edited by C Mc on
  • dct112685

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

STOP! Check yourself. The recent mass shooter owned a gun and did so legally-- No background check, no nationwide database. Shame on the NRA!

First of all let's not spread lies. There are several things wrong with the above statement.

1. Cruz was over 18.
    2. Cruz did pass a background check. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-guns-20180215-story.html
    3. There is a nationwide database but the data isn't always reliable as we saw in Texas.
    4. The NRA has nothing to do with this. To keep blaming the NRA is insanity.

A Fact to consider: The 2nd Amendment rights don't cover Assault Rifles, point! They can be banned today and forever. It will NOT violate the second amendment. You know it and any leveled head reader and rational thinker do too. CM

Actually, I would beg to differ. The 2nd Amendment most definitely covers semi-automatic rifles. (There is no such as an assault rifle as that is an arbitrary term used by the anti-gun lobby to label certain weapons). The 2nd Amendment was about having a militia, in other words, military, of citizens. Therefore, weapons of war for the infantry soldier are most definitely protected by the Constitution for the use of private citizens.

• C Mc

David,
    If you want to endorse and embrace President Trump's silly and reckless idea to become a reality; change the rules, hire only ex-military combat soldiers to be teachers. If they died, it would be in the line of duty. At best, the children will be pawns in the midst of a battle when a situation occurs.

David do you really want your child in a classroom with a "gun-toting" teacher? Do you?

On second thought, what do they do in Israeli schools? If Mr. Trump reads my post, this is the next thing he's going to suggest; send the American children to Israel.CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368
    edited February 2018

Back when I was a school teacher, our school kept a long rifle in the classroom and we used it too. I would never have used it against a person (I am passivist), but on the other hand, all the neighbors knew that rifle was there, that there were several quite good shots in attendance. Anyone bent on trouble probably wouldn't have come around the school.

1. Many years ago I was a private Christian school teacher. We had a woodpecker problem and an eighth-grader brought his .410 shotgun and solved the problem. We kept the gun by the front door. When we heard the woodpecker, he had permission to jump up, grab his gun and end the woodpecker problem. We were successful.
    2. I had another student who was into muzzle loaders. Got into it long before he could ever buy a gun. He was really good! He even bult his own gun out of octagonal steel, had it bored, rifled, and made his own wood stock. It took a few shots for me to trust that gun, but it really was ok! After school, the older boys and a couple girls and I would hang around and we would shoot at a target down the road. A little powder, wadding and a hunk of lead, cock the hammer, and KaBOOM! Oh, those are good memories! It helped make good men of those boys! To this day all of us are in contact and friends.
    3. Goes to show the problem is never guns. The problem is the heart.
  • C Mc

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

First of all let's not spread lies. There are several things wrong with the above statement.

1. Cruz was over 18.
    2. Cruz did pass a background check. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-guns-20180215-story.html
    3. There is a nationwide database but the data isn't always reliable as we saw in Texas.
    4. The NRA has nothing to do with this. To keep blaming the NRA is insanity.

A Fact to consider: The 2nd Amendment rights don't cover Assault Rifles, point! They can be banned today and forever. It will NOT violate the second amendment. You know it and any leveled head reader and rational thinker do too. CM

David, you said, "Students can't own weapons Dave. They aren't old enough." Is this a lie, too?
    You also said, "The kids do not have the maturity, and in many cases, the coordination, to handle a firearm, especially in a high-pressure situation." Mr. Cruz, an adult or a "kid"? Did he exercise sound judgment or was he a child out of control? Why was an adult enrolled in a day High School with "kids"? Cruz was a student-- You can't change the facts. CM

Actually, I would beg to differ. The 2nd Amendment most definitely covers semi-automatic rifles. (There is no such as an assault rifle as that is an arbitrary term used by the anti-gun lobby to label certain weapons). The 2nd Amendment was about having a militia, in other words, military, of citizens. Therefore, weapons of war for the infantry soldier are most definitely protected by the Constitution for the use of private citizens.

This is the greatest nonsense I have ever heard! It's a smoke screen. CM

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

Doesn't that pretty much describe the writing of all of us on the forums?

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@GaoLu said:
    3. Goes to show the problem is never guns. The problem is the heart.

I bet the woodpeckers would have jumped at the chance to take their chances with the 8th grader's "heart" if that meant he wasn't firing a .410 shotgun at them.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:
    Back when I was a school teacher, our school kept a long rifle in the classroom and we used it too. I would never have used it against a person (I am passivist), but on the other hand, all the neighbors knew that rifle was there, that there were several quite good shots in attendance. Anyone bent on trouble probably wouldn't have come around the school.

1. Many years ago I was a private Christian school teacher. We had a woodpecker problem and an eighth-grader brought his .410 shotgun and solved the problem. We kept the gun by the front door. When we heard the woodpecker, he had permission to jump up, grab his gun and end the woodpecker problem. We were successful.
    2. I had another student who was into muzzle loaders. Got into it long before he could ever buy a gun. He was really good! He even bult his own gun out of octagonal steel, had it bored, rifled, and made his own wood stock. It took a few shots for me to trust that gun, but it really was ok! After school, the older boys and a couple girls and I would hang around and we would shoot at a target down the road. A little powder, wadding and a hunk of lead, cock the hammer, and KaBOOM! Oh, those are good memories! It helped make good men of those boys! To this day all of us are in contact and friends.

A nice story from the days of ole. You, your students and friends weren't handling an AR-15 Bushmaster. They weren't pointing at fellow students. They were probably in Nova Scotia or Alaska, away from movie houses, outdoor concerts, and elementary schools. CM

1. Goes to show the problem is never guns. The problem is the heart.

Yeah, don't say this to Former Vice President Dick Cheney's friend. Nor to the family of the gun instructor who was killed by the little girl at the gun range, some years back. We dear not mentioned, the black plain-clothed detective, shot by fellow cops, in your beloved Bronx. Since there is no device to test the heart for gun ownership the NRA needs to step out of the way and allow "Commonsense Gun Laws" to be enacted, immediately. CM

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

@C_M_ said:

Doesn't that pretty much describe the writing of all of us on the forums?

"Absolutely Positively Not!" CM

• GaoLu
    edited February 2018

@Bill_Coley said:
    I bet the woodpeckers would have jumped at the chance to take their chances with the 8th grader's "heart" if that meant he wasn't firing a .410 shotgun at them.

I bet you never had hundreds of dollars of continuing damage to siding 3 stories up a school nestled among pines in the mountains--city boy.

@C_M_
    A nice story from the days of ole. You, your students and friends weren't handling an AR-15 Bushmaster. They weren't pointing at fellow students. They were probably in Nova Scotia or Alaska, away from movie houses, outdoor concerts, and elementary schools.

You are right on all counts, except the locale was California. The students were very careful about safety.

Yeah, don't say this to Former Vice President Dick Cheney's friend. Nor to the family of the gun instructor who was killed by the little girl at the gun range, some years back. We dear not mentioned, the black plain-clothed detective, shot by fellow cops, in your beloved Bronx. Since there is no device to test the heart for gun ownership the NRA needs to step out of the way and allow "Commonsense Gun Laws" to be enacted, immediately. CM

How about me? I have been around a few gun deaths. No immediate family members, but a number of acquaintances. The NRA has no blame and has done a huge amount to promote gun safety and sense. NRA or guns are not the problem anymore than pitchforks or billy clubs.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@GaoLu said:
    I bet you never had hundreds of dollars of continuing damage to siding 3 stories up a school nestled among pines in the mountains--city boy.

Neither the location nor the costs associated with "continuing damage to siding" was at issue in my previous post, in which I addressed only your contention that "the problem is the heart," and "never guns." My response had nothing to do with repair costs - or even the pros and cons of bird control! - but rather with whether to the woodpeckers, the "problem" was the eighth grader's "heart" or the .410 shotgun he fired at them.

• C Mc

@GaoLu said:

How about me? I have been around a few gun deaths. No immediate family members, but a number of acquaintances. The NRA has no blame and has done a huge amount to promote gun safety and sense. NRA or guns are not the problem anymore than pitchforks or billy clubs.

My Friend,
    You can't or shouldn't try to carry "water" for the NRA. Period! The owners of "pitchforks or billy clubs" don't have millions of dollars, Washington Lobbyists, million-dollar advertisements, dues-paying members and the President of the USA in their pocket as the lead pitchman. CM

• GaoLu

@Bill_Coley said:
    Neither the location nor the costs associated with "continuing damage to siding" was at issue in my previous post, in which I addressed only your contention that "the problem is the heart," and "never guns." My response had nothing to do with repair costs - or even the pros and cons of bird control! - but rather with whether to the woodpeckers, the "problem" was the eighth grader's "heart" or the .410 shotgun he fired at them.

Right, I added that relevant information.

• GaoLu

@C_M_ said:

My Friend,
    You can't or shouldn't try to carry "water" for the NRA. Period!

Right. I have nothing to do with them. And no particular interest.

The owners of "pitchforks or billy clubs" don't have millions of dollars, Washington Lobbyists, million-dollar advertisements, dues-paying members and the President of the USA in their pocket as the lead pitchman. CM

Are you somehow relating that to the NRA? How? Why?

• C Mc
    edited February 2018

@GaoLu said:

The owners of "pitchforks or billy clubs" don't have millions of dollars, Washington Lobbyists, million-dollar advertisements, dues-paying members and the President of the USA in their pocket as the lead pitchman. CM

Are you somehow relating that to the NRA? How? Why?

No, just a point of observation. Let peace abide. Protect the children. Let it be a happy place for pleasant memories. CM

• GaoLu

We home-schooled, which probably helped.