I believe that the messiah didn't come yet

Bs"d

Since the messianic prophecies are not fulfilled, I believe that the messiah hasn't come yet.

Therefore I don't believe in the NT, but only in the Hebrew Bible.

Comments

• Welcome 😊

We agree a number of messianic prophecies are yet to be fulfilled: e.g. The Mount of Olives being split into two when The Messiah returns to reign as King (as described in Zechariah 14).

Current Jewish parashot reading leaves out Isaiah 52:13-53:12 LEB =>

Look, my servant shall achieve success; he shall be exalted, and he shall be lifted up, and he shall be very high. Just as many were appalled at you — such was his appearance beyond human disfigurement, and his form beyond the sons of mankind — so he shall sprinkle many nations; because of him, kings shall shut their mouths. For they shall see what has not been told them, and they shall consider with full attention what they have not heard. Who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of יהוה Yahweh been revealed? For he went up like a shoot before him, and like a root from dry ground. He had no form and no majesty that we should see him, and no appearance that we should take pleasure in him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of suffering, and acquainted with sickness, and like one from whom others hide their faces, he was despised, and we did not hold him in high regard. However, he was the one who lifted up our sicknesses, and he carried our pain, yet we ourselves assumed him stricken, struck down by God and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon him, and by his wounds we were healed. All of us have wandered about like sheep; we each have turned to his own way; and יהוה Yahweh let fall on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was brought like a lamb to the slaughter, and like a sheep is dumb before its shearers, so he did not open his mouth. He was taken by restraint of justice, and who concerned himself with his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living; he received a blow because of the transgression of my people. He made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. Yet יהוה Yahweh was pleased to crush him; he made him sick. If he places his life a guilt offering, he will see offspring. He will prolong days, and the will of יהוה Yahweh will succeed in his hand. From the trouble of his life he will see; he will be satisfied. In his knowledge, the righteous one, my servant, shall declare many righteous, and he is the one who will bear their iniquities. Therefore, I will divide to him a portion among the many, and with the strong ones he will divide bounty, because he poured his life out to death and was counted with the transgressors; and he was the one who bore the sin of many and will intercede for the transgressors. 

W. Hall Harris III et al., eds., The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Is 52:13–53:12.

Using contemporary evidence method used to prove murder: Jesus lived, died (brutally crucified), buried (in a rich man's tomb), & physically rose from the dead. To me, the New Testament (Covenant) contains credible first person eye witness testimony.

My forever best friend & redeemer יהוה Hosts = יהוה Salvation = יֵשׁ֔וּעַ Yeshua = Jesus can forgive sin if a human wants to repent from their sin against Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God, believe & want יֵשׁ֔וּעַ Yeshua to be יהוה Lord (with Abba יהוה Father & Ruach HaKodesh = Breath The Holy) & receive the free ❤️ love gift from Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God. To me, יהוה Hosts humbly left Holy Heaven to be clothed in human flesh as The Son of אלהים God & The Son of Man, who is forever King Righteous (Melchizedek).

Abba יהוה Father & Ruach HaKodesh allowed Holy human body of יהוה Hosts = יהוה Salvation = יֵשׁ֔וּעַ Yeshua = Jesus to be brutally sacrificed as the ❤️ Loving substitute for the just sin penalty deserved by all human sin.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Notice how the Names point back to the True God of the Hebrews?

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Bs"d

The Jewish parsha readings are about the Torah, not about the prophets.

Only when the Greeks forbid the Jews to read from the Torah, then for the Torah parsha there were parts of the prophets substituted. A part of the prophets were taken which had a similar theme as the Torah parsha that couldn't be read anymore. It was about one chapter of the prophets that was read in stead of the Torah parsha.

When the Jews were freed from the yoke of the Greeks, they started reading the Torah again, but the parts of the prophets that were substituted for the Torah were continued to be read.

In one year we go through the whole Torah, so the Torah is divided in about 52 parsha's. So for those parsha's were substituted about 52 chapters of the prophets.

So if only from Isaiah was read, Isaiah 53 would be out already, because there are only 52 weeks in a year.

But those substitutes for the Torah parsha's were not taken only from Isaiah, but also from many other prophets. And therefore only a very small part of Isaiah is read in the synagogue, and chapter 53 is not one of those.

And Judaism has no problem with Isaiah 53, because it is very clear who is the suffering servant of Isaiah. And that is not the messiah.

For the finer details look here: https://tinyurl.com/53-Isaiah 

• @Eliyahu

https://www.jw.org/en/library/jw-meeting-workbook/june-2018-mwb/meeting-schedule-june4-10/jesus-fulfilled-prophecy/

TREASURES FROM GOD’S WORD | MARK 15-16

Jesus Fulfilled Prophecy

Match each event in Jesus’ life with the prophecy that it fulfilled

EVENT

PROPHECY

BUILD YOUR FAITH

What other prophecies did Jesus fulfill? (w11 8/15 17; bhs endnotes, chart “Prophecies About the Messiah”)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Bs"d

What Christianity does is ripping Tanach texts (Tanach stands for Torah, the first five books of the Bible, Nevi'iem, the prophets, and Chetuviem, writings, which contains books like Esther, Job, and starts with the Psalms, which make up the whole of the Hebrew Bible, which Christians call the OT) which have no bearing on the messiah what so ever, out of context, and presents them as "messianic prophecies fulfilled by JC.

For examples of that look here: https://sites.google.com/view/324x0/home

For Psalm 22 about the piercing of hands and feet, look here: https://sites.google.com/view/psalm-22-eng/home

For Isaiah 53, look here:  https://tinyurl.com/53-Isaiah 

• My apologies for tinyurl links lacking interest for me to click.

When sheep are being sheared (or slaughtered), sheep makes no noise.

Isaiah 53:4-9 LEB (Lexham English Bible) =>

However, he was the one who lifted up our sicknesses, and he carried our pain, yet we ourselves assumed him stricken, struck down by God and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon him, and by his wounds we were healed. All of us have wandered about like sheep; we each have turned to his own way; and יהוה Yahweh let fall on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was brought like a lamb to the slaughter, and like a sheep is dumb before its shearers, so he did not open his mouth. He was taken by restraint of justice, and who concerned himself with his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living; he received a blow because of the transgression of my people. He made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. 

To me, the phrase "he was brought like a lamb to the slaughter" reminds me of the Jewish trial ("Jesus was silent") described in Matthew 26:57-68 LEB =>

Now those who had arrested Jesus led him away to Caiaphas the high priest, where the scribes and the elders had gathered.

But Peter was following him from a distance, as far as the courtyard of the high priest. And he went inside and was sitting with the officers to see the outcome.

Now the chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false testimony against Jesus in order that they could put him to death. And they did not find it, although many false witnesses came forward. And finally two came forward and said, “This man said, ‘I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it within three days.’ ”

And the high priest stood up and said to him, “Do you reply nothing? What are these people testifying against you?”

But Jesus was silent.

And the high priest said to him, “I put you under oath by the living God, that you tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God!”

Jesus said to him, “You have said it. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Then the high priest tore his robes, saying, “He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have just now heard the blasphemy! What do you think?”

And they answered and said, “He deserves death!”

Then they spat in his face and struck him with their fists, and they slapped him, saying, “Prophesy for us, you Christ! Who is it who hit you?” 

What did Jesus say that Caiaphas interpreted as blasphemy (cursing God) ?

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,322

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ

And the high priest said to him, “I put you under oath by the living God, that you tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God!

Jesus said to him, “You have said it. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Your own quotes of the Bible tell us you're a fraud. Remember you claimed God is made up of three colors and that Melchizedek was the Son of Man. You omitted CHRIST from your call sign because you claim your false faith doesn't allow to claim Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God!

What other prophecies did Jesus fulfill? (w11 8/15 17; bhs endnotes, chart “Prophecies About the Messiah”)

PROPHECIES ABOUT THE MESSIAH PROPHECY FULFILLMENT

Born of the tribe of Judah

Genesis 49:10

Luke 3:23-33

Born of a virgin

Isaiah 7:14

Matthew 1:18-25

A descendant of King David

Isaiah 9:7

Matthew 1:1, 6-17

Jehovah declared Jesus to be his Son

Psalm 2:7

Matthew 3:17

Many people did not believe that Jesus was the Messiah

Isaiah 53:1

John 12:37, 38

Entered Jerusalem riding a donkey

Zechariah 9:9

Matthew 21:1-9

Betrayed by a close friend

Psalm 41:9

John 13:18, 21-30

Betrayed for 30 silver pieces

Zechariah 11:12

Matthew 26:14-16

Silent when he was accused

Isaiah 53:7

Matthew 27:11-14

Lots were cast for his garments

Psalm 22:18

Matthew 27:35

Mocked while on the stake

Psalm 22:7, 8

Matthew 27:39-43

None of his bones broken

Psalm 34:20

John 19:33, 36

Buried with the rich

Isaiah 53:9

Matthew 27:57-60

His resurrection

Psalm 16:10

Acts 2:24, 27

Resurrected to heaven to be at God’s right hand

Psalm 110:1

Acts 7:55, 56

• @Brother Rando January 19 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ

And the high priest said to him, “I put you under oath by the living God, that you tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God!

Jesus said to him, “You have said it. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

@Brother Rando January 19 Your own quotes of the Bible tell us you're a fraud. Remember you claimed God is made up of three colors and that Melchizedek was the Son of Man. You omitted CHRIST from your call sign because you claim your false faith doesn't allow to claim Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God!

To me, @Brother Rando "fraud" reflects @Brother Rando personal faith belief. Puzzled by @Brother Rando deity claim from my physical world example of:

bright Red light + bright Green light + bright Blue light = bright White light.

Three colors of light traveling in the same direction combine as one (with ability to be separated & combined: e.g. prisms)

To me, @Brother Rando Christ shows my personal faith does NOT believe "Christ" = "Michael the Archangel".

Puzzled by bold highlighting choices by @Brother Rando that did not highlight "You have said it" confirmation.

To me, Jesus spoke "You have said it." that affirmatively answered the Jewish high priest about Jesus being The Messiah (The Christ). Answer was probably spoken in Aramaic for unmistakeable "Son of Man" (bar enosha) reference to Daniel 7:13-14 LEB =>

“I continued watching in the visions of the night, and look, with the clouds of heaven one like a son of man was coming, and he came to the Ancient of Days, and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and kingship that all the peoples, the nations, and languages would serve him; his dominion is a dominion without end that will not cease, and his kingdom is one that will not be destroyed. 

W. Hall Harris III et al., eds., The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Da 7:13-14

Ancient of Days describes יהוה Father. Most of the Jewish TaNaKH was written in the Hebrew language with some passages written in sister language Aramaic. TaNaKH =>

• Torah (Teaching, Law, five books of Moses)
    • Nevi’im (Prophets)
    • K’tuvim (Writings)

Phrase "son of man" occurs once in Aramaic. The Jewish high priest and Sanhedrin lawyers/judges believed Jewish Jesus should be put to death for deity identification spoken by Jesus (blasphemy).

Truly, who is Jesus, יהוה Salvation ?

According to scripture who will come back on the clouds of heaven ?

Acts 1:6-11 LEB (he is Jewish Rabbi Jesus, יהוה Salvation, after resurrection from death on the cross) =>

So when they had come together, they began asking him, saying, “יהוה Lord, is it at this time you are restoring the kingdom to Israel?”

But he said to them, “It is not for you to know the times or seasons that the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the farthest part of the earth.

And after he had said these thingswhile they were watching, he was taken up, and a cloud received him from their sight. And as they were staring into the sky while he was departing, behold, two men in white clothing stood by them who also said, “Men ⌊of Galilee⌋, why do you stand there looking into the sky? This Jesus who was taken up from you into heaven like this will come back in the same way you saw him departing into heaven!” 

Revelation 1:1-8 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which אלהים God gave him to show to his slaves the things which must take place in a short time, and communicated it by sending it through his angel to his slave John, who testified about the word of אלהים God and the testimony of Jesus Christ, all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud and blessed are those who hear the words of the prophecy and observe the things written in it, because the time is near! 

John, to the seven churches in Asia: grace to you and peace from the one who is and the one who was and the one who is coming, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead and the ruler of the kings of the earth. 

To the one who loves us and released us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his אלהים God and Father — to him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen. 

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, 

and every eye will see him, 

even every one who pierced him, 

and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over him. 

Yes, amen. 

I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the יהוה Lord אלהים God, the one who is and the one who was and the one who is coming, the All-Powerful. 

Phrase " the one who is and the one who was and the one who is coming" expresses meaning of Holy Name יהוה (righteously shared by יהוה Father & יהוה Salvation as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5-6). To me, One unique Holy God has three voices (sharing One unified eternal Spirit), which is different than created humans, who have one voice per human.

@Eliyahu December 2023 What Christianity does is ripping Tanach texts (Tanach stands for Torah, the first five books of the Bible, Nevi'iem, the prophets, and Chetuviem, writings, which contains books like Esther, Job, and starts with the Psalms, which make up the whole of the Hebrew Bible, which Christians call the OT) which have no bearing on the messiah what so ever, out of context, and presents them as "messianic prophecies fulfilled by JC.

For examples of that look here: https://sites.google.com/view/324x0/home

Article begins with:

324 messianic prophecies fulfilled by Jesus? (with comments)

The writing style of this article might be a little bit aggressive, I wrote it many years ago, when I suffered from too much testeron.  Look at the content, and please do not take offense at the sometimes a bit harsh writing style.  

The Baptist preachers, the light of truth glowing in their eyes, give us not a hundred, not two hundred, not three hundred, not four hundred, but three hundred and twenty four (!) "messianic prophecies", which are allegedly fulfilled by JC. Which rational thinking human being can deny the messiahship of JC when he is confronted with three hundred and twenty four messianic prophecies, fulfilled by JC? Why is it that those blinded, stiff-necked, stubborn Jews keep on refusing to accept a few extra Gods? Let's face it: If one God is good, than two gods is twice as good, and three gods, the Father, the son & the holy ghost, is three times as good. Why settle for one when you can have three for the price of one?

Maybe the answer to these burning questions lays in the fact that some people actually bother to read those "prophecies". Let us take a look at the "messianic prophecies", presented to us by the honest, God fearing, truth loving, Baptists. The prophecies can be accessed through the homepage of the "Hope of Israel Baptist mission", to be found here: http://www.hopeofisrael.net/  Look under the heading "prophecy", there you'll find "324 messianic prophecies".

Observtion is "Let's face it: If one God is good, than two gods is twice as good, and three gods, the Father, the son & the holy ghost, is three times as good. Why settle for one when you can have three for the price of one?" reads to me as tritheism. Missing from expression is plural unified understanding of The Shema:

שְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יְהוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יְהוָ֥ה׀ אֶחָֽד׃ Sh’ma Yisra’el! Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad ['Hear & Obey' Isra’el! Adonai 'Plural God We' Adonai unique]

Deuteronomy 6:4 Eloheinu אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ is plural Elohim אלהים with plural pronoun suffix whose spelling does not indicate grammatical usage so translation options include: Nominative We, Genitive Our ('of Us'). Hebrew nouns have three spelling variants: singular, dual (eyes, ears), plural. What is plural in One unique אלהים God ?

Uniqueness (echad) of יהוה includes three (plural) distinct voices for expressing/experiencing One unified Holy Righteous יהוה God: The Will (יהוה Father), The Word (יהוה Son), Breath The Holy while Spirtually always being One unified God: who was, who is, who is to come.

Doing a page search on 324 Messianic Prophecies for Jer found:

Jer.23:5-6a...Descendant of David...Lu. 3:23-31

Jer. 23:5-6b...The Messiah would be God... Jn. 13:13

Jer. 23:5-6c...The Messiah would be both God and Man... 1 Tim. 3:16

Melchizedek (King Righteous) Jesus intimately shares eternal Holy יהוה name as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB =>

“Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

Hebrew noun (construct spelling => of) for righteousness has pronoun, suffixed, 1st person, plural that does not identify grammatical purpose of plural pronoun. English spelling of 1st person personal pronoun embeds grammatical purpose: nominaive (we), genitive (our), dative (us), accusative (us).

Human perspective (our) of יהוה צדקנו is expressed ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God prespective (we/us) is: 'יהוה Yahweh righteousness of We' or 'יהוה Yahweh righteousness of Us'

@Brother Rando January 19 PROPHECIES ABOUT THE MESSIAH PROPHECY FULFILLMENT

Observation is @Brother Rando list lacks many of the 324 messianic prophecies mentioned by @Eliyahu

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando
    edited January 20

bright Red light + bright Green light + bright Blue light = bright White light.

Three colors of light traveling in the same direction combine as one (with ability to be separated & combined: e.g. prisms)

Notice his theory of God being made you of three colors as No Scriptures.

Jesus intimately shares eternal Holy יהוה name as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5, 6

Of course... the angel sent has God's Name in him. (Exodus 23:21) https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/Insight-on-the-Scriptures/Jehovah-Is-Our-Righteousness/

• Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation'
    • Jeremiah means 'Jehovah Exalts'
    •  יהוה means Jehovah

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 20 Melchizedek (King Righteous) Jesus intimately shares eternal Holy יהוה name as it is written in Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB 

@Brother Rando January 20 Of course... the angel sent has God's Name in him.

Remember the angelic being sent by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God will NOT forgive sin against the creator Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God. Exodus 23:20-23 LEB =>

“ ‘Look, I am about to send an angel before you to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared. Be attentive to him and listen to his voice; do not rebel against him, because he will not forgive your transgression, for my name is in him. But if you listen attentively to his voice and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes. When my angel goes before you and brings you to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Canaanites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, I will wipe them out. 

In contrast, Jesus forgives sin against Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God. Mark 2:1-12 LEB  (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) =>

And when he entered again into Capernaum after some days, it became known that he was at home. And many had gathered, so that there was no longer room, not even at the door, and he was speaking the word to them. And they came bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. And when they were not able to bring him to him because of the crowd, they removed the roof where he was. And after digging through, they lowered the stretcher on which the paralytic was lying.

And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Child, your sins are forgiven.” 

Now some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, “Why does this man speak like this? He is blaspheming! Who is able to forgive sins except אלהים God alone?”

And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they were reasoning like this within themselves, said to them, “Why are you considering these things in your hearts? Which is easier to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say ‘Get up and pick up your stretcher and walk’? But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,” — he said to the paralytic — “I say to you, get up, pick up your stretcher, and go to your home.

And he got up and immediately picked up his stretcher and went out in front of them all, so that they were all amazed and glorified אלהים God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!” 

W. Hall Harris III et al., eds., The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Mk 2:1–12.

Luke 5:17-26 LEB  (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

And it happened that on one of the days as he was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there who had come from every village of Galilee and Judea and from Jerusalem, and the power of the יהוה Lord was there in order for him to heal. And behold, men came carrying on a stretcher a man who was paralyzed, and they were seeking to bring him in and place him before him. And when they did not find a way to bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down through the roof tiles with the stretcher into the midst of them, in front of Jesus.

And when he saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven you.”

And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this man who speaks blasphemies? Who is able to forgive sins except אלהים God alone?”

But Jesus, perceiving their thoughts, answered and said to them, “Why are you reasoning in your hearts? Which is easier to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk?’ But in order that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,” he said to the one who was paralyzed, “I say to you, ‘Get up and pick up your stretcher and go to your home.’ ”

And immediately he stood up before them, picked up what he had been lying on, and went away to his home, glorifying God. And amazement seized them all, and they began to glorify אלהים God. And they were filled with fear, saying, “We have seen wonderful things today!” 

W. Hall Harris III et al., eds., The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Lk 5:17–26.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 20 Puzzled by @Brother Rando deity claim from my physical world example of:

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 20 bright Red light + bright Green light + bright Blue light = bright White light.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 20 Three colors of light traveling in the same direction combine as one (with ability to be separated & combined: e.g. prisms)

@Brother Rando January 20 Notice his theory of God being made you of three colors as No Scriptures.

Fascinated by @Brother Rando seeing "theory of God", which was NOT in my words. Technical note is RGB being used on human created computer monitors for digital representation of colors.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando

Now some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, “Why does this man speak like this? He is blaspheming! Who is able to forgive sins except אלהים God alone?”

Of course you would side with those who seek to murder the Messiah. Jesus Christ forgave sins proving that he was the Son of Man sent by Jehovah.

•  But in order for you to know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins—” he said to the paralyzed man: “I say to you, Get up, pick up your stretcher, and go to your home.” (Luke 5:24)
    • God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, (Numbers 23:19)
    • Jesus Christ stated, "If you forgive the sins of anyone, they are forgiven; if you retain those of anyone, they are retained." (John 20:23)
    • Your sins are counted against you and have been retained. Hallelujah! (Rev 19:1 LEB)

• Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus
    Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Posts: 1,134
    edited January 21

@Brother Rando January 20 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ

@Brother Rando January 20 Now some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, “Why does this man speak like this? He is blaspheming! Who is able to forgive sins except אלהים God alone?”

@Brother Rando January 20 Of course you would side with those who seek to murder the Messiah. Jesus Christ forgave sins proving that he was the Son of Man sent by Jehovah.

Fascinating to see what jumped out for @Brother Rando from Mark 2:1-12 LEB that reads to me as an inner reflection about @Brother Rando as @Brother Rando words do NOT describe my faith belief. Sadly decades ago (before 🙏 prayers by others was answered that gave me reason to Keep Smiling 4 Jesus) had me choosing to side with those who seek to murder the Messiah as my pride & arrogance kept me from wanting to become Holy as God is Holy.

My whole being now wants to truly ❤️ & worship Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God so my 🙏 prayers often include me asking Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God to help me ❤️ Love Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God with all of my heart (emotional), mind (mental), soul (social), & strength (physical) that enables mt to worship (spiritual) Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God.

My apologies for lacking fullness of words to express my Gratitude with Joy for my sins against Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God being forgiven. Humanly amazed that a spiritual portion of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God took on human flesh that was offered as The Holy sacrificial substitute. Thankfully my mouth can truly say: Yeshua HaMaschiach יהוה (correct Holy pronunciation of יהוה provides wonderful Holy pause with worship). Humanly not know what @Brother Rando will want: join in true worship of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God (or continue prideful assertions about what @Brother Rando has learned that simply falls short & lacks credibility).

FWIW: my favorite Bible Study acronym is S.O.A.P. (after my 🙏 prayer for Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God to open my eyes to Holy Teaching)

Scripture - Where at ?

Observe - What jumps out ?

Apply - What to do ?

Pray - about it 🙏

At times for me, Observe includes Scripture context with original ancient Jewish culture. My observation of @Brother Rando across many discussions is scripture snippets for support that ignores Scripture context.

2 Corinthians 3:4-4:5 LEB  (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Now we possess such confidence through Christ toward אלהים God. Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as from ourselves, but our adequacy is from אלהים God, who also makes us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. But if the ministry of death in letters carved on stone came with glory, so that the sons of Israel were not able to look intently into the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, which was transitory, how will the ministry of the Spirit not be even more with glory? For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, by much more will the ministry of righteousness overflow with glory. For indeed what had been glorified has not been glorified in this case, on account of the glory that surpasses it. For if what was transitory came with glory, by much more what remains is with glory. 

Therefore, because we have such a hope, we use much boldness, and not as Moses used to place a veil over his face, in order that the sons of Israel would not stare at the end of what was transitory. But their minds were hardened. For until this very day, the same veil remains upon the reading of the old covenant, not being uncovered, because it is done away with in Christ. But until today, whenever Moses is read aloud, a veil lies upon their heart, but whenever one turns to the יהוה Lord, the veil is removed. Now the יהוה Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the יהוה Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, reflecting the glory of the יהוה Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory into glory, just as from the יהוה Lord, the Spirit. 

Because of this, since we have this ministry, just as we have been shown mercy, we do not lose heart, but we have renounced shameful hidden things, not behaving with craftiness or adulterating the word of אלהים God, but with the open proclamation of the truth commending ourselves to every person’s conscience before אלהים God. But if indeed our gospel is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that they would not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of אלהים God. For we do not proclaim ourselves, but Christ Jesus as יהוה Lord, and ourselves as your slaves for the sake of Jesus. For אלהים God who said, “Light will shine out of darkness,” is the one who has shined in our hearts for the enlightenment of the knowledge of the glory of אלהים God in the face of Christ. 

W. Hall Harris III et al., eds., The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), 2 Co 3:4–4:6.

🙏 Praying for @Brother Rando, @Eliyahu, et al, to experience the Holy ❤️ fullness of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God 🙏

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando

My whole being now wants to truly ❤️ & worship Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God so my 🙏 prayers often include me asking Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God to help me ❤️ Love Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God with all of my heart (emotional), mind (mental), soul (social), & strength (physical) that enables mt to worship (spiritual) Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God.

You don't believe in the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1:3)

2 Corinthians 3:4-4:5 LEB  (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: 9יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => READS Holy Jehovah Lord God

YOUR JEWISH DECEPTION OF HIDING GOD"S NAME HAS BEEN EXPOSED... Of course... the angel sent has God's Name in him. (Exodus 23:21https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/Insight-on-the-Scriptures/Jehovah-Is-Our-Righteousness/

• Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation'
    • Jeremiah means 'Jehovah Exalts'
    •  יהוה means Jehovah

• @Brother Rando January 21 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 20 My whole being now wants to truly ❤️ & worship Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God so my 🙏 prayers often include me asking Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God to help me ❤️ Love Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God with all of my heart (emotional), mind (mental), soul (social), & strength (physical) that enables mt to worship (spiritual) Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God.

@Brother Rando January 21 You don't believe in the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 1:3)

To me, @Brother Rando Christ shows my faith does NOT believe 'Christ" = "Michael the Archangel"

The numbered snippet 1 Peter 1:3 is the frist phrase in a longer sentence. My faith believes "the אלהים God and Father" & " יהוה Lord Jesus Christ" eternally & intimately share the Holy יהוה name (as two of the three voices in One unique Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God).

How many sentences are in 1 Peter 1:1-2:10 LEB  (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the chosen who are residing temporarily in the dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, according to the foreknowledge of אלהים God the Father, by the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and for sprinkling with the blood of Jesus Christ.

May grace and peace be multiplied to you. 

Blessed be the אלהים God and Father of our יהוה Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, into an inheritance imperishable and undefiled and unfading, reserved in heaven for you who are being protected by the power of אלהים God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time, in which you rejoice greatly, although now for a short time, if necessary, you are distressed by various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more valuable than gold that is passing away, but is tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom, although you have not seen, you love; in whom now you believe, although you do not see him, and you rejoice greatly with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 

Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace meant for you sought and made careful inquiry, investigating for what person or which time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he testified beforehand to the sufferings with reference to Christ and the glories after these things, to whom it was revealed that they were serving not themselves but you with reference to the same things which now have been announced to you through those who proclaimed the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels desire to look. 

Therefore, when you have prepared your minds for action by being self-controlled, put your hope completely in the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former desires you used to conform to in your ignorance, but as the one who called you is holy, you yourselves be holy in all your conduct, for it is written, “You will be holy, because I am holy.”

And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves with fear during the time of your temporary residence, because you know that you were redeemed from your futile way of life inherited from your ancestors not with perishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of an unblemished and spotless lamb who was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has been revealed in these last times for you who through him are believing in אלהים God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in אלהים God.

Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for sincere brotherly love, love one another fervently from the heart, because you have been born again, not from perishable seed but imperishable, through the living and enduring word of אלהים God.

For “all flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flower of the grass.

The grass withers and the flower falls off, but the word of the Lord endures forever.” 

And this is the word that has been proclaimed to you. 

Therefore, ridding yourselves of all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn infants long for the unadulterated spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up to salvation, if you have tasted that the Lord is kind, to whom you are drawing near, a living stone rejected by men but chosen and precious in the sight of אלהים God.

And you yourselves, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For it stands in scripture, 

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 

Therefore the honor is for you who believe, but for those who refuse to believe, “The stone that the builders rejected, this one has become the cornerstone,” and “A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense,” who stumble because they disobey the word to which also they were consigned.

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s possession, so that you may proclaim the virtues of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light, who once were not a people, but now are the people of אלהים God, the ones who were not shown mercy, but now are shown mercy. 

W. Hall Harris III et al., eds., The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), 1 Pe 1:1–2:10.

Thankfully Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God is helping me become Holy 😍 Thankful for the trying of my faith by @Brother Rando 😍

Remember Google Translate definition of Jehovah shows:

Deceptiveness of Google Translate is NOT showing the Hebrew name of God in most translations of the Bible.

Remember discussion How does the Hebrew Tetragrammaton יהוה read in Your Translator? includes more about the correct Holy pronunciation of יהוה as Jehovah was NOT known before 1530 AD.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando
    edited January 22

How many sentences are in 1 Peter 1:1-2:10 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Many.

2 Corinthians 1:3

Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort,

Ephesians 1:3

Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ,

1 Peter 1:3

Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Chronicles 29:10

Then David praised Jehovah before the eyes of all the congregation. David said: “May you be praised, O Jehovah the God of Israel our father, throughout all eternity.

Exodus 15:2

My strength and my might is Jah, since he has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise him; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

2 Corinthians 11:31

The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, the One who is to be praised forever, knows I am not lying.

James 3:9

With it we praise Jehovah, the Father, and yet with it we curse men who have come into existence “in the likeness of God.”

1 Kings 8:15

He said: “May Jehovah the God of Israel be praised, the one who by his own mouth promised my father David, and by his own hand has given fulfillment, saying,

2 Chronicles 6:4

He said: “May Jehovah the God of Israel be praised, the one who by his own mouth promised my father David and by his own hands has given fulfillment, saying,

• My faith believes the spoken command to followers of יֵשׁוּעַ Jesus (יהוה Salvation):

πιστεύετε εἰς τὸν θεόν, καὶ εἰς ἐμὲ πιστεύετε (John 14:1 Greek spoken by יֵשׁוּעַ ) ?

Be Ye Believing in The אלהים God, also in Me Be Ye Believing (Ye = You plural)

Thamkfully my knees bow in worship to Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God with my mouth saying "Yeshua HaMashiach יהוה" (Hebrew) & "Jesus The Christ יהוה Lord" (English - albeit using a Hebrew style verbless clause) => "Jesus The Christ was/is/will be יהוה Lord".

To me, Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God gave every human free will to choose what to ❤️ love most, which is proven powerfully by actions and words. Humans choosing to believe Jesus is NOT יהוה Lord express faith that sees God the Father & Son Jesus as separate entities. My faith believes in One eternal Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God spiritual being who uniquely was/is/will be three simultaneous voices: at times, the beautiful voices speak individually (sometimes via mouths of Holy servants) while at other times the voices harmoniously & wonderfully speak as One.

Matthew 22:34-46 (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

Now when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they assembled at the same place. And one of them, a legal expert, put a question to him to test him: “Teacher, which commandment is greatest in the law?”

And he said to him, “ ‘You shall love the יהוה Lord your אלהים God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.” 

Now while the Pharisees were assembled, Jesus asked them, saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?

They said to him, “David’s.”

He said to them, “How then does David, by the Spirit, call him ‘יהוה Lord,’ saying, 

‘The יהוה Lord said to my יהוה Lord, “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet” ’? 

If then David calls him ‘יהוה Lord,’ how is he his son?

And no one was able to answer him a word, nor did anyone dare from that day on to ask him any more questions

W. Hall Harris III et al., eds., The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Mt 22:34–46.

What is the difference between being called by a name & having a name in the created being ?

FWIW: the only "angel" I know that intensely wants to be worshipped above Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God is our spiritual adversary, the father of lies. Isaiah 14:12-17 includes "I" trouble being cast down

Phrase "all the law and the prophets" reminds me of TaNaKH =>

• Torah (Teaching, Law, five books of Moses)
    • Nevi’im (Prophets)
    • K’tuvim (Writings)

Isaiah 44:6-9 LEB =>

Thus says יהוה Yahweh, the king of Israel, and its redeemer, יהוה Yahweh of hosts: “I am the first, and I am the last, and there is no אלהים god besides me. And who is like me? Let him proclaim it! And let him declare it and set it in order for me since I established an eternal people and things that are to come, and let them tell them the things that are coming. You must not tremble, and you must not be paralyzed with fear. Have I not made you hear from of old and declared it, and you are my witnesses? Is there a אלהים god besides me? And there is no rock! I know none!” All those who form an idol are nothing, and their delightful things do not profit. And their witnesses do not see or know, so they will be ashamed.

W. Hall Harris III et al., eds., The Lexham English Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Is 44:6–9.

How can New World Translation (Arianism) of John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." be truthfully consistent with scripture ? (contradicts Isaiah 44:6-9 as there is NO god beside יהוה Yahweh, the king of Israel, and its redeemer, יהוה Yahweh of hosts). By the way " And who is like me ? " reminded me of "Who is like God ?" (Michael).

Eternal truth is consistent. Numerous Unfulfilled Watch Tower Society predictions & Doctrine changes provide me reason NOT to trust the human organization. True Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God prophets (communication channels) pass test of 100% accuracy.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando

Now when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they assembled at the same place. And one of them, a legal expert, put a question to him to test him: “Teacher, which commandment is greatest in the law?”

And he said to him, “ ‘You shall love the יהוה Lord your אלהים God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.” 

Notice the Pharisees did not call him God but (Teacher) - Jesus which means 'Jehovah is Salvation" quotes Joel which means 'Jehovah is God".

He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God (τὸν Θεόν) with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.  This is the greatest and first commandment.   The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’  On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)

Now while the Pharisees were assembled, Jesus asked them, saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?

You're claiming that they were addressing him as God but that is not the question. It was about CHRIST. Whose Son is he? The Messiah came through David's lineage (Loins) therefore Jesus Christ is called Son of David to fulfill prophecy.

• Matthew 1:1 The book of the history of Jesus Christ, son oDavid, son of Abraham:
    • Luke 18:38 At that he cried out: “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
    • Matthew 12:23 Well, all the crowds were astounded and began to say: “May this not perhaps be the Son of David?”

The Jewish Deception was to remove יהוה and water it down with Lord. Not all lords are Jehovah. For instance:

• Matthew 22:44Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’?
    • Psalm 110:1 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

The first LORD is יְהֹוָה Transliteration Yᵊhōvâ Pronunciation yeh-ho-vaw'

The KJV translates Strong's H3068 in the following manner: LORD (6,510x), GOD (4x), JEHOVAH (4x), variant (1x).

Outline of Biblical Usage [?]

1. Jehovah = "the existing One"
      1. the proper name of the one true God

The second instance of Lord is אָדוֹן Transliteration 'āḏôn Pronunciation aw-done' which is far different.

The KJV translates Strong's H113 in the following manner: lord (197x), master(s) (105x), Lord (31x), owner (1x), sir (1x).

Outline of Biblical Usage [?]

1. firm, strong, lord, master
      1. lord, master
        1. reference to men
          1. superintendent of household,of affairs
          2. master
          3. king

• Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus
    Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Posts: 1,134
    edited January 25

@Brother Rando January 21 He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God (τὸν Θεόν) with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.  This is the greatest and first commandment.   The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’  On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)

Recent Jehovah translation of κύριον by untrustworthy Watchtower Society shows human belief that asserts ancient usage while lacking any credible reason (a form of deception, which shows to me alignment with our spiritual adversary, the father of lies).

Jewish Pharisees, who experienced the correct pronunciation of the Holy יהוה Divine Name numerous times in the Jewish Temple, would wonder what is Jehovah ?

JeHoVaH & YeHoWaH show JHVH & YHWH (transliterations of יהוה) with Jewish Masoretic vowel markings added centuries after the destruction of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. Jewish oral law was written down into the Mishnah and Talmud (predates Masoretic vowel marking additions), which document the Holy יהוה divine name being pronounced correctly by Jewish priests in the Jewish Temple, but a disguise (or an epithet, a substitute: e.g. Adonai, Lord, HaShem, The Name) used outside the Jewish Temple. Masoretic disguise: write יהוה letters in the correct order from right to left while adding vowels points in the reverse direction => Jehovah or Iehouah that appeared less than 500 years ago by someone ignorant of the Jewish disguise.

The Sanhedrin tractate in the Mishnah (~200 CE) documents blasphemy trial conduct:

7:5 A He who blasphemes [M. 7:4D1] [Lev. 24:10] is liable only when he will have fully pronounced the divine Name.

B Said R. Joshua b. Qorha, “On every day of a trial they examine the witnesses with a substituted name, [such as], ‘May Yose smite Yose.”

C “[Once] the trial is over, they would not put him to death [on the basis of evidence given] with the euphemism, but they put out everyone and ask the most important of the witnesses, saying to him, ‘Say, what exactly did you hear [in detail]?’

D “And he says what he heard.

E “And the judges stand on their feet and tear their clothing, and never sew them back up.

F “And the second witness says, ‘Also I [heard] what he heard.’

G “And the third witness says, ‘Also I [heard] what he heard.’ “

Jacob Neusner, The Mishnah : A New Translation (New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1988), 597–598.

Substitute name substitute "May Yose smite Yose" has the first three vowels in the correct order for Holy יהוה Divine Name pronunciation, different than Jehovah.

Logos Bible Study search for "tear their clothing" in Mishnah resources finds the only time judges tear their clothing is during a blasphemy trial for death punishment confirmation.

Jesus did NOT fully pronounce the Divine Name in the Jewish trial described in Matthew 26:57-68 LEB =>

Now those who had arrested Jesus led him away to Caiaphas the high priest, where the scribes and the elders had gathered.

But Peter was following him from a distance, as far as the courtyard of the high priest. And he went inside and was sitting with the officers to see the outcome.

Now the chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false testimony against Jesus in order that they could put him to death. And they did not find italthough many false witnesses came forward. And finally two came forward and said, “This man said, ‘I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it within three days.’ ”

And the high priest stood up and said to him, “Do you reply nothing? What are these people testifying against you?”

But Jesus was silent.

And the high priest said to him, “I put you under oath by the living God, that you tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God!”

Jesus said to him, “You have said it. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.

Then the high priest tore his robes, saying, “He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, you have just now heard the blasphemy! What do you think?”

And they answered and said, “He deserves death!”

Then they spat in his face and struck him with their fists, and they slapped him, saying, “Prophesy for us, you Christ! Who is it who hit you?” 

What did Jesus say that Caiaphas interpreted as blasphemy (cursing God) ?

To me, the Jewish cohen hagadol (High Priest) Caiaphas had two choices: declare Jesus deserved death OR worship Jesus as Holy יהוה Lord.

@Brother Rando January 21 Jesus which means 'Jehovah is Salvation" quotes Joel which means 'Jehovah is God".

Thus far @Brother Rando has NOT shown any credible knowledge/usage of Jehovah or Iehouah that is over 500 years ago (while repeating ad nauseum personal faith belief about Jehovah that includes circular reasoning fallacy: disguised name defintion shows disguised name, which is only applicable within the last 500 years => NOT known in ancient times for Holy יהוה pronunciation).

@Brother Rando January 21 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ

Now while the Pharisees were assembled, Jesus asked them, saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?

@Brother Rando January 21 You're claiming that they were addressing him as God but that is not the question.

Fascinating & puzzling scripture snippet from Matthew 22:34-46 with @Brother Rando "You're claiming" not made by me.@Brother Rando

@Brother Rando January 21 It was about CHRIST. Whose Son is he? The Messiah came through David's lineage (Loins) therefore Jesus Christ is called Son of David to fulfill prophecy.

We agree HaMashiach = The Messiah = The Christ was a human descendent of King David. Matthew 1:1-17 documents the genealogy of Joseph, who adopted Yeshua = Jesus that had been conceived by Ruach HaKodesh = Breath The Holy (so Yeshua = Jesus is literally the Son of God) as documented in Matthew 1:18-25. Luke 3:23-28 documents the genealogy of Myriam = Mary, the human servant chosen by Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God for a portion of Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's Spirit to be clothed in a human body.

@Brother Rando January 21 The Jewish Deception was to remove יהוה and water it down with Lord. Not all lords are Jehovah. For instance:

@Brother Rando January 21 * Matthew 22:44 ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’

@Brother Rando January 21 * Psalm 110:1 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.

Logos Bible Study search for lemma.h:אָדוֹן BEFORE 1 WORD lemma.h:יהוה in the Lexham Hebrew Bible (LHB) finds 299 verses having a-do-NAI יהוה

Jews rightly appreciated the Leviticus 24:10-23 death penalty for blaspheming יהוה so Jews said a disguise (or an epithet, a substitute: e.g. Adonai, Lord, HaShem, The Name) outside the Jewish Temple.

LXX Psalm 109:1

Εἶπεν ὁ κύριος τῷ κυρίῳ μου Κάθου ἐκ δεξιῶν μου ἕως ἂν θῶ τοὺς ἐχθρούς σου ὑποπόδιον τῶν ποδῶν σου. 

Henry Barclay Swete, The Old Testament in Greek: According to the Septuagint (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1909), Ps 109:1.

Recent English translation:

*The Lord spoke to my Lord, “Be seated at my right side until I set your enemies as a footstool for your feet.” 

Rick Brannan et al., eds., The Lexham English Septuagint (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Ps 109:1.

Jewish translators choose Lord for both a-do-NAI & יהוה. Sometimes Jewish translators choose a different Greek word for a-do-NAI in the Septuagint translation: e.g. Genesis 15:2, 15:8; Isaiah 1:24, 10:33

1305 δεσπότης (despotēs), ου (ou), ὁ (ho): n.masc.; ≡ DBLHebr 151; Str 1203; TDNT 2.44—1. LN 37.63 ruler, Sovereign Lord, from the OT title for Yahweh’s as the highest, most powerful king (Lk 2:29; Ac 4:24; 2Pe 2:1; Jude 4; Rev 6:10+); 2. LN 57.13 owner, master (1Ti 6:1, 2; 2Ti 2:21; Tit 2:9; 1Pe 2:18+)

James Swanson, Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains: Greek (New Testament) (Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997).

To me, the Watchtower Society interpretations of Matthew 22:44 and Psalm 110:1 embed untrsutworthy human organizational faith belief that denies the eternal deity of Holy יהוה Lord Jesus. In effect, the Watchtower Society teaching has two deities: God the Father (Jehovah) & a god Michael the Archangel (as Lord "Jesus" where Lord means "Master" or "Sir" that misses a-do-NAI meaning for Jews).

@Brother Rando January 21 The KJV translates Strong's H3068 in the following manner: LORD (6,510x), GOD (4x), JEHOVAH (4x), variant (1x).

Notably missing from @Brother Rando assertion about Strong's H3068 is credible source(s) for Strong's publication (suspect copy & paste from JW.org that embeds human organization failth belief into Strong's).

Logos Bible Study search for lemma.h:יהוה in KJV (Reverse Interlinear) can be analyzed with grouping by Hebrew Strong's #

Remember KJV has  Jehovah or Iehouah that appeared less than 500 years ago by someone ignorant of the Jewish disguise. Tyndale penned Jehovah or Iehouah in 1530, which preceded KJV publication in 1611.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando

@Brother Rando - The Jewish Deception was to remove יהוה and water it down with Lord. Not all lords are Jehovah. For instance:

Matthew 22:44  ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’

Psalm 110:1  Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ posted the following that proves he engages in the deception of removing Jehovah and then inserting LORD.

Tyndale penned Jehovah or Iehouah in 1530, which preceded KJV publication in 1611.

• @Brother Rando January 21 The KJV translates Strong's H3068 in the following manner: LORD (6,510x), GOD (4x), JEHOVAH (4x), variant (1x).

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 26 Notably missing from @Brother Rando assertion about Strong's H3068 is credible source(s) for Strong's publication (suspect copy & paste from JW.org that embeds human organization failth belief into Strong's).

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 26 Logos Bible Study search for lemma.h:יהוה in KJV (Reverse Interlinear) can be analyzed with grouping by Hebrew Strong's #

@Brother Rando January 26 @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ posted the following that proves he engages in the deception of removing Jehovah and then inserting LORD.

To me, the screen shot of Logos Bible Study search for lemma.h:יהוה in KJV (Reverse Interlinear) analyzed with grouping by Hebrew Strong's # simply shows @Brother Rando source for "The KJV translates Strong's H3068 in the following manner: LORD (6,510x), GOD (4x), JEHOVAH (4x), variant (1x)." has opportunity for improvement. My screen shot shows Lord 6,393x, Lord's 109x, God 7x, 'on the Lord's side' 4x, LORD 4x, JEHOVAH 4x, 'the Lord's' 2x, variant 1x. Also my screen shot showed three Jehovah variants in the KJV (published in 1900).

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 26 Remember KJV has Jehovah or Iehouah that appeared less than 500 years ago by someone ignorant of the Jewish disguise. Tyndale penned Jehovah or Iehouah in 1530, which preceded KJV publication in 1611.

Thus far @Brother Rando has NOT provided credible source(s) for Jehovah or Iehouah being known/used before 1530.

@Brother Rando January 26 @Brother Rando - The Jewish Deception was to remove יהוה and water it down with Lord. Not all lords are Jehovah. For instance:

Matthew 22:44 ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’

Psalm 110:1  Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.

Also @Brother Rando has repeated personal belief in JW.org Jehovah & Jewish deceptions while NOT providing any credible Jewish source(s). My Jewish learning found intentional spoken disguise of יהוה outside the Jewish Temple. I can barely imagine the immense Holy intensity of the Numbers 6:24-26 Blessing pronounced in the Jewish Temple using the correct Holy יהוה pronunciation. Meditating on this Priestly Blessing gave my knees reason to bow down while worshipping Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God with desire to receive & share Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's Shalom with everyone. If at all possible, my desire is living in Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's Shalom with everyone. My Hope Of Perfect Eternity is Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's Shalom wiithin me, which includes Love, Joy, Shalom, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Humility, Self-Control as I seek to Be Holy as God is Holy.

Eternal truth is consistent. True Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God prophets (communication channels) pass test of 100% accuracy.

Numerous Unfulfilled Watch Tower Society predictions & Doctrine changes provide me reason NOT to trust the human organization nor @Brother Rando copy & paste of JW.org without attribution (so @Brother Rando comments embed JW.org words as being @Brother Rando words). My perspective sees @Brother Rando stubbornly believing the human Watchtower Society deceptions more than seeking Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God's Eternal Truth & Shalom. Sadly @Brother Rando does not personally know Holy יהוה Lord Jesus Christ, whose servants include Michael the Archangel (& me).

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando
    edited January 26

@Brother Rando January 21 The KJV translates Strong's H3068 in the following manner: LORD (6,510x), GOD (4x), JEHOVAH (4x), variant (1x).

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ January 26 Notably missing from @Brother Rando assertion about Strong's H3068 is credible source(s) for Strong's publication (suspect copy & paste from JW.org that embeds human organization failth belief into Strong's).

As we can SEE @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ deceptive lie that יהוה was in Ps 110:1 twice is FALSE. Many translations removed יהוה in order to Hide God's Personal Name. LORD (6,510x) was a removal of God's Name 6,510 times by those who had intense hatred for God's Personal Name!

Notice the Hebrew tetragrammaton is listed ONCE In Psalms 110:1 with LORD the second lord is not יהוה as @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ falsely claims.

Look at the Hebrew we can SEE that יהוה was replaced with LORD in all Capitals by most Bibles and the second Lord was as it was adon NOT ADONAI which is the title for the Messiah. Not all Bibles replaced God's Name but All of Christendom Bibles removed God's Name from Jesus Christs' quote of Psalms 110:1 in Matthew 22:44 which one exception. Only Jehovah's Witness are the only true Christians walking about the earth have the quote of Jesus Christ correct.

•  ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’? Matthew 22:44

Notice the Jewish Deception in all of Christendom bibles in Matthew 22:44 LEB?

• New International Version “’The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."’
    • New Living Translation ‘The Lord said to my Lord, Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies beneath your feet.’
    • English Standard Version “‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet”’?
    • Berean Standard Bible ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand until I put Your enemies under Your feet.” ’
    • Berean Literal Bible The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, until I place Your enemies as a footstool for Your feet."'

Not only did these charlatans removed God's Holy Name יהוה from Matthew 22:44 LEB but then removed and changed LORD to Lord to confuse the readers. Boom! This is what @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ stands for...

• Psalm 41:5 But my enemies speak evil about me: “When will he die and his name perish?”
    • Leviticus 24:16 So the abuser of Jehovah’s name should be put to death without fail. The entire assembly should stone him without fail. The foreign resident should be put to death the same as the native for his abusing the Name.

• @Brother Rando January 26 As we can SEE @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ deceptive lie that יהוה was in Ps 110:1 twice is FALSE. 

We can see my January 25 comments simply show @Brother Rando "deceptive lie" assertion lacks credibility.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 25 LXX Psalm 109:1

Εἶπεν ὁ κύριος τῷ κυρίῳ μου Κάθου ἐκ δεξιῶν μου ἕως ἂν θῶ τοὺς ἐχθρούς σου ὑποπόδιον τῶν ποδῶν σου. 

Henry Barclay Swete, The Old Testament in Greek: According to the Septuagint (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1909), Ps 109:1.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 25 Recent English translation:

*The Lord spoke to my Lord, “Be seated at my right side until I set your enemies as a footstool for your feet.” 

Rick Brannan et al., eds., The Lexham English Septuagint (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012), Ps 109:1.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus January 25 Jewish translators choose Lord for both a-do-NAI & יהוה.

Logos Bible Study search in LXX Psalm 109 for lemma.g:κύριος finds two results in verse 1

By the way, humanly wonder how many "we" are @Brother Rando ?

@Brother Rando January 26 Many translations removed יהוה in order to Hide God's Personal Name. LORD (6,510x) was a removal of God's Name 6,510 times by those who had intense hatred for God's Personal Name!

Really ? ? Why would anyone wanting to ❤️ Love Holy יהוה Lord אלהים God with everything want to hate God's Personal Name ? ?

My perspective is many translations followed the Jewish example in the Greek Septuagint where יהוה was 90% translated as lemma.g:κύριος (Lord)

In fact Jewish translation of יהוה as (lemma.g:κύριος OR lemma.g:θεός) (Lord OR God) was always singular over two centuries before Jesus (יהוה Salvation) was born, which reflected Jewish monotheist belief.

Remember Jews rightly appreciated the Leviticus 24:10-23 death penalty for blaspheming יהוה so Jews spoke a disguise (or an epithet, a substitute: e.g. Adonai, Lord, HaShem, The Name) outside the Jewish Temple.

@Brother Rando January 26 Look at the Hebrew we can SEE that יהוה was replaced with LORD in all Capitals by most Bibles and the second Lord was as it was adon NOT ADONAI which is the title for the Messiah. 

Logos Bible Study search in Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear (LHI) Psalm 110 for lemma.h:אָדוֹן OR lemma.h:יהוה found

January 26 screen shot by @Brother Rando shows KJV Psalm 110:1 Reverse Interlinear that includes transliteration of יהוה by someone ignorant of the Jewish vowel disguise. My eyes also observed adon transliteration for Hebrew lemma while Hebrew manuscript transliteration had ladoni (preposition prefix + a-do-NAI).

Remember JeHoVaH & YeHoWaH show JHVH & YHWH (transliterations of יהוה) with Jewish Masoretic vowel markings added centuries after the destruction of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. Jewish oral law was written down into the Mishnah and Talmud (predates Masoretic vowel marking additions), which document the Holy יהוה divine name being pronounced correctly by Jewish priests in the Jewish Temple, but a disguise (or an epithet, a substitute: e.g. Adonai, Lord, HaShem, The Name) spoken outside the Jewish Temple. Masoretic disguise: write יהוה letters in the correct order from right to left while adding vowels points in the reverse direction => Jehovah or Iehouah that appeared less than 500 years ago by someone ignorant of the Jewish disguise.

@Brother Rando January 26 Not all Bibles replaced God's Name but All of Christendom Bibles removed God's Name from Jesus Christs' quote of Psalms 110:1 in Matthew 22:44 which one exception. Only Jehovah's Witness are the only true Christians walking about the earth have the quote of Jesus Christ correct.

The New World Translation (published by the Watchtower Society for Jehovah's Witnesses) is one of several Bibles that have יהוה transliteration with reversed vowel order, which shows ignorance of Jewish vowel pointing disguise for use outside of the Jewish Holy Temple. Jehovah spelling is ~500 years old (predates the Watchtower Society). @Brother Rando Christendom Bible assertion repeats ignorance of other Bibles. Remember my November 3, 2022 comment has Matthew 4:1-11 scripture quotes from The Hebrew New Testament (has יהוה), Complete Jewish Bible (has Adonai, Hebrew word spoken for יהוה), Holy Scriptures: Tree of Life Version (also has Adonai), The Scriptures (has יהוה), The Complete Messianic Aleph Tav Scriptures (has Paleo-Hebrew letters for יהוה). Wikipedia Sacred Name Bible article mentions more: e.g. LEB transliteration Yahweh.

Harwood's Liberal Translation of the New Testament has Jehovah in Matthew 22:41-46 =>

§—41 As the Pharisees were standing together, Jesus proposed to them this question — 

42 What are your sentiments concerning the Messiah? — Whose son is he? — They answered, David’s. 

43 But why, said Jesus, does David, when under a divine afflatus, call him his superior in the following passage— 

44 The supreme Jehovah said to my Lord — Be thou invested with universal dominion and authority, ’till thou have subdued all thy foes.” 

45 In what sense, therefore, is the Messiah David’s son — when David plainly in this passage calls him his Lord and superiour? 

46 This difficulty they could not solve — and from that day desisted from all farther attempts to ensnare him by insidious questions. 

E. Harwood, A Liberal Translation of the New Testament, vol. I & II (London: T. Becket and P. A. de Hondt; J. Johnson; T. Cadell; J. Gore and J. Sibbald; T. Bancks, 1768), Mt 22:41–46.

Newcome"s New Testament has Jehovah in Matthew 22:41-46 =>

Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, saying; “What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?” They say unto him; “The son of David.” He saith unto them; “How then doth David by the Spirit call him Lord, saying; ‘Jehovah said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?’ “If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?” And no man was able to answer him a word; nor durst any man from that day ask him any further question. 

William Newcome, An Attempt toward Revising Our English Translation of the Greek Scriptures, or the New Covenant of Jesus Christ, vol. I & II (Dublin; London: John Exshaw; J. Johnson, 1796), Mt 22:41–46.

Two translations published in the 1768 & 1796 predate the Watchtower Society by decades so @Brother Rando assertion "Only Jehovah's Witness are the only true Christians walking about the earth have the quote of Jesus Christ correct." lacks credibility.

The Passion New Testament has Jehovah in Matthew 22:41-46 =>

41 While all the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus took the opportunity to pose a question of his own:

42 “What do you think about the Anointed One? Whose son is he?” 

“The son of David,” they replied. 

43 Then Jesus said to them, “How is it that David, inspired by the Holy Spirit, could call his son the Lord? For didn’t he say: 

44 The Lord Jehovah said to my Lord, ‘Sit near me in the place of authority until I subdue all your enemies under Your feet’? 45 “So how could David call his own son ‘the Lord Jehovah’?” 

46 No one could come up with an answer. And from that day on none of the Pharisees had the courage to question Jesus any longer. 

Brian Simmons, trans., The Passion Translation (BroadStreet Publishing, 2017), Mt 22:41–46.

Hebrew New Testament has יהוה in Matthew 22:44 =>

44 ׳נְאֻם יהוה לַאדֹנִי׃ שֵׁב לִימִינִי עַד–אָשִׁית אֹיְבֶיךָ הֲדֹם לְרַגְלֶיךָ׳? (תהילים קי׳ א׳) 

Ha-Berit Ha-Ḥadashah (Israel: The Bible Society in Israel, 2000), Mt 22:44.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) respects ancient Jewish tradition of saying Adonai for יהוה (English translation of Adonai = Lord) Matthew 22:41-46 CJB =>

Then, turning to the assembled P’rushim, Yeshua put a sh’eilah to them: “Tell me your view concerning the Messiah: whose son is he?”

“Then how is it,” he asked them, “that David, inspired by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord,’ when he says, 

Adonai said to my Lord, “Sit here at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet” ’?

If David thus calls him ‘Lord,’ how is he his son?”

No one could think of anything to say in reply; and from that day on, no one dared put to him another sh’eilah

David H. Stern, Complete Jewish Bible: An English Version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and B’rit Hadashah (New Testament), 1st ed. (Clarksville, MD: Jewish New Testament Publications, 1998), Mt 22:41–46.

Note: CJB uses Bold to show scripture quotations in the New Testament.

Tree of Life Version also respects ancient Jewish tradition of saying Adonai for יהוה in Matthew 22:41-46 TLV =>

Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Yeshua asked them a question, saying, “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose Son is He?” 

“David’s,” they say to Him. 

“Then how is it,” He says to them, “that David by the Ruach calls him ‘Lord’? 

For he says, ‘Adonai said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I put Your enemies under Your feet.” ’ 

If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his son?”

No one was able to answer Him a word. Nor did anyone dare from that day on to question Him any longer. 

Messianic Jewish Family Bible Society, Holy Scriptures: Tree of Life Version (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 2015), Mt 22:41–46.

The Scriptures (published by Institute for Scripture Research) has Hebrew names in the New Testament: e.g. Matthew 22:41-46 =>

And when the Pharisees were gathered together, יהושׁע asked them,

saying, “What do you think concerning the Messiah? Whose Son is He?” They said to Him, “The Son of Dawiḏ.”

He said to them, “Then how does Dawiḏ in the Spirit call Him ‘Master,’ saying,

יהוה said to my Master, “Sit at My right hand, until I make Your enemies a footstool of Your feet” ’?

“If then Dawiḏ calls Him ‘Master,’ how is He his Son?”

And no one was able to answer Him a word, and from that day on no one was bold enough to ask Him any more questions.

Institute for Scripture Research, The Scriptures (South Africa: Institute for Scripture Research (Pty) Ltd, 2000), Mt 22:41–46.

The Complete Messianic Aleph Tav Scriptures has Paleo-Hebrew letters for יהוה in the New Testament.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando

The removal of יהוה in the Bible is an Old Jewish Deception. The Phrase (The Lord God) is always talking about Jehovah in the Hebrew Form יהוה in English as Jehovah. Some including the LEB often uses Yahweh that you have failed to use because of your slander against יהוה

Case in Point of your demonic deception is easy to EXPOSE.

• And Yahweh God planted a garden in Eden in the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed. (Gen 2:9 LEB)
    • And Yahweh God took the man and set him in the garden of Eden to cultivate it and to keep it. (Gen 2:15 LEB)

• Brother Rando

The supreme Jehovah said to my Lord — Be thou invested with universal dominion and authority, ’till thou have subdued all thy foes.” 

Correct. Only Jehovah has superlative titles like supreme. almighty, sovereign, adonai and θεόν. Here's a quote from Jesus Christ to Satan.

• Jesus said to him: “Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God (τὸν θεόν) to the test.’” (Matthew 4:7)
    • Jesus was quoting scripture from the Old Testament De 6:16 which reads:  “You must not put Jehovah your God to the test the way you put him to the test at Masʹsah."

All the Bibles of Christendom have changed and engaged in Deception in (Matthew 4:7 LEB) by removing the Hebrew tetragrammaton  יהוה that reads Jehovah in English and then watering God's Name to "the Lord".

New International Version

Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

New Living Translation

Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, ‘You must not test the Lord your God.’”

English Standard Version

Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

Berean Standard Bible

Jesus replied, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’ ”

So the testing of scripture reveals the Deception by looking up the scripture that Jesus Christ quoted De 6:16 in HEBREW. Notice it doesn't say the Lord but rather Jehovah!