Repent At Leisure

For a better understanding of all:

1. What does the Bible teach about confession and repentance?
  2. For the Protestants, do time, place and the number of people matters for confession and repentance?
  3. What's the difference between an apology and repentance?
  4. Is something inherently wrong or hypocritical about a public offense and a private apology?
  5. What is the anatomy of an apology?
  6. After Judas' plot to portray Jesus was exposed and the casting down the thirty pieces of silver, was this true repentant?

Any biblical texts, books, sober-reasoning are welcome. What says ye? CM

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176
    edited September 2018

Seriously.... I dare you to tell me this wasn't prompted by my private apology to @Wolfgang

Why do you insist on causing trouble here?

Post edited by reformed on
  • C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:
    Seriously.... I dare you to tell me this wasn't prompted by my private apology to @Wolfgang

Mr. Reformed,
    1. Thanks for your response. I assumed you did so on your own free will.
    2. You're not obligated to respond to a post or an OP.
    3. The OP stands on its face or as presented, regardless of what you think is the motivating factors.
    4. You voluntary respond to this OP. It's appeared that you reading into what is asked. Therefore, you seem to be insisting on "causing trouble here" by speculating why I asked what I asked. Does it make a difference?
    5. Upon reflection, I observe many threads are spin-offs of a previous topic.
    6. The rules or guidelines in CD, you seem to have contempt or little regards, allow one to start a thread for any reason for discussion on biblical, current events, pop culture, etc.
    7. Your "private apology to @Wolfgang" is what it is.
    8. Now, in light of the above, why do you question my motives?

Be a peace. Any contributions to the OP? CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Mr. Reformed,
    1. Thanks for your response. I assumed you did so on your own free will.
    2. You're not obligated to respond to a post or an OP.
    3. The OP stands on its face or as presented, regardless of what you think is the motivating factors.
    4. You voluntary respond to this OP. It's appeared that you reading into what is asked. Therefore, you seem to be insisting on "causing trouble here" by speculating why I asked what I asked. Does it make a difference?
    5. Upon reflection, I observe many threads are spin-offs of a previous topic.
    6. The rules or guidelines in CD, you seem to have contempt or little regards, allow one to start a thread for any reason for discussion on biblical, current events, pop culture, etc.
    7. Your "private apology to @Wolfgang" is what it is.
    8. Now, in light of the above, why do you question my motives?

Be a peace. Any contributions to the OP? CM

Because it is QUITE a coincidence that this gets posted just hours after I issue a private apology on something you were clearly up-in-arms about. You are the one causing trouble.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

Because it is QUITE a coincidence that this gets posted just hours after I issue a private apology on something you were clearly up-in-arms about. You are the one causing trouble.

Just stop it! Move on. Find another cause. If you're not addressing the OP, ....... CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Just stop it! Move on. Find another cause. If you're not addressing the OP, ....... CM

When I am attacked (whether directly or passively) I am not going to just move on. You are lying.

• C Mc

--------------- -------- ---------- --------- CM

• C Mc

Now that we are over seemingly a perceived paranoia, truly, are there any sincere answers to the OP? CM