Trump Admin Finally Admits election meddling: 'It was the Russians'

13»

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    Reformed,
    There are rights and wrongs on both sides. What Bill said was what I had in mind with the illustration, although, not including Session's department.

@Bill_Coley said: "The graphic you offer, CM, accurately identifies the three branches of our American government, but please note that it does NOT locate the Department of Justice - or any other "department" - in any of those branches. The purpose of the graphic is to report the tri-partite structure of the government, not to name its components... It is true, however, that while the Department of Justice is a part of the Executive branch, in practice it also serves an independent investigative function. It was wrong, for example, for the president to tell then-FBI director Comey to "go easy" on Michael Flynn because in so doing, the president was influencing an ongoing investigation, something presidents don't do... Bottom Line: The Judicial branch interprets and evaluates laws passed and implemented by other branches of the federal government, as well as state and local laws, when called for. The Justice Department enforces the laws passed and implemented by the legislative branch. The Justice Department is part of the Executive Branch..."

I am not like one of Mr. Trump's cultic followers. I acknowledge there is further enlightenment. No hard-headedness for me on a matter with verifiable facts. Thanks, all for the added and correct understanding. CM :D

Now you are lying. You flat out challenged me on the Justice Department SESSIONS DEPARTMENT saying it was its own branch of government and not under the President. You were wrong, now admit it.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said: I am not like one of Mr. Trump's cultic followers. I acknowledge there is further enlightenment. No hard-headedness for me on a matter with verifiable facts. Thanks, all for the added and correct understanding. CM :D

Now you are lying. You flat out challenged me on the Justice Department SESSIONS DEPARTMENT saying it was its own branch of government and not under the President. You were wrong, now admit it.

"Admit" what? That the Trump Admin Finally Admits election meddling: 'It was the Russians", I have. CM

• @C_M_ said:

"Admit" what? That the Trump Admin Finally Admits election meddling: 'It was the Russians", I have. CM

Admit, that you were wrong in your statement about the department of justice.

It's very simple, C_M ... "just do it"

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

Thanks, Wolfgang, for your response. I will wait for Reformed to respond to me.
    Until he does, please re-read this:

@C_M_ said:
    Reformed,
    There are rights and wrongs on both sides. What Bill said was what I had in mind with the illustration, although, not including Session's department...I am not like one of Mr. Trump's cultic followers. I acknowledge there is further enlightenment. No hard-headedness for me on a matter with verifiable facts. Thanks, all for the added and correct understanding. CM :D

You and Reformed may have missed this. CM

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

Exactly

@C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

Thanks, Wolfgang, for your response. I will wait for Reformed to respond to me.
    Until he does, please re-read this:

@C_M_ said:
    Reformed,
    There are rights and wrongs on both sides. What Bill said was what I had in mind with the illustration, although, not including Session's department...I am not like one of Mr. Trump's cultic followers. I acknowledge there is further enlightenment. No hard-headedness for me on a matter with verifiable facts. Thanks, all for the added and correct understanding. CM :D

You and Reformed may have missed this. CM

We didn't miss anything. You were wrong. Admit it. It's not further enlightenment. You were wrong.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed, six days after I posted them, I'm still waiting for you to respond to the two requests of the fourth bullet point in THIS POST.

As you recall - or, after six days of avoiding it, perhaps have forgotten - at issue in that bullet point was your contention that Democrat Adam Schiff's handling a prank call from two people pretending to be Russians was comparable and analogous to the Trump administration's handling of its contacts with Russians. His handling of that call was evidence, you claimed, that "Democrats are more in bed with foreign governments than anyone."

In response to your claim, I made - and hereby make yet again - the following requests:

• Please tell us what you think Adam Schiff should have done with that call that he didn't do. (according to the article to which you linked, he told the prank callers that his staff would direct their purported information to his committee and to the FBI; according to a Schiff spokesperson, the committee later advised appropriate law enforcement and security personnel about the call)
    • Please also tell us in what way(s) the Trump campaign's handling of its contacts with Russians was better than Schiff's handling of the prankster call.