Guns, Guns, Guns -- Through The Eyes Of A Child

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@GaoLu said:
    C_M_....maybe it is just me, but your tone now doesn't sound like the C_M_ we heard from before. What changed?

Thanks, GaoLu,

Believe it or not:

1. The death of the children in Flordia and the seeming disregard toward the families. The shootings seem to be just another day in the life of America. How many of us have lost a loved one to guns?
    2. Personal matters (not resolved, but managing). Believe it or not, the CD Family has helped. Any more, PM. Thanks for your concerns.

We are moving forward... Let's check the board for today's discussions. CM

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

He's a troll.

Ouch! "Who put your cat's tail under my rocking chair?" These were my first thoughts. However, on second thought, David, are you having a bad day? Are you unhappy about something?

The name-calling (here and elsewhere) needs to stop, here and now! "Troll", does it mean something good? Is this something you or a member of your family want to be called? If it means something bad, why project it on me? Do you not care how I feel? If you think it's true, why here? Do you want me to change or just to shame? You don't know how to you use the PM envelope or you just wanted to be nasty? Are you the "Troll" Detective of CD?

Calling me a "Troll", is this your way to supposedly silent my participation, voice, views, or make me change? Perhaps, this is your form of humor or light moment? I am sure you know how effective you are using such. It's more reflective of who you are than anything else. I think you know of a better path forward; or at least, you have been taught over the years.

I don't expect you to answer each of these questions here. However, I would like you to think about WHAT you are saying; WHERE you are saying it, and TO WHOM? Are you, your thoughts; or your thoughts, you? How shall I take your words?

Have I said something to you that requires a personal public apology, do the mature thing and say so. Emulating your US President in name-calling is one trait I suggest you don't adopt. Let's be expressive in our sharing and disagree as we sometimes do. However, let's put away pettiness and name-calling. Let's make room for others to participate without the fear of being called a "Troll" or some other name you or your family member wouldn't like; even if true. We all have our moments of weakness, but let's be bigger than them.

If more needs to be said on this particular matter, may I suggest we do it with PM and let fresh thoughts continue to flow freely? Do it for the good of CD. Thanks for your consideration. CM

Internet Trolling, look it up.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@davidtaylorjr said:
    It is hardly a form of surrender. I just don't believe in political correctness and call it like I see it. In other words, I'm more honest.

You seem here to acknowledge your use of name-calling, David. If I'm correct, I applaud your candor.

Your defense of name-calling as a tactic in your forum participation - that your honesty rejects political correctness and calls things as you see them - suggests to me that the only criterion by which you decide whether to call a fellow poster a name is whether you believe he or she deserves the name. My view of acceptable, appropriate responses to other posters is governed by other criteria - for example, the forums' stated expectation that posters will "criticize ideas, not people," and the biblical ideas of speaking the truth in love and treating others as we would like them to treat us.

By the time name callers have begun hurling their labels, they're too invested in what by then is for them a confrontation to step back, acknowledge error, and/or take back the names. The result is impolite, unproductive thread participation, the magnitude of which is amplified if the person on the other end of the exchange chooses to engage in name calling as well.

This is so full of junk it's ridiculous. And sometimes I have taken back names when appropriate Bill so this is hogwash.

It's not clear to me which parts of my response you consider "junk."

• I claimed that two people calling each other names in a forum exchange is worse than only one person doing the name calling. Is that a "junk" idea to you?
    • I claimed that name calling in forum exchanges creates impolite, unproductive results. Is that idea "junk"? Is it your view that name calling is polite and productive?
    • I claimed that name callers become so invested in their practice that they don't take back the names they call.... Of course. YOU have taken back some of the names you've called people, so my contention must be "junk" because not ALL name callers refuse to take back ANY of the names they call people. My bad.
  • C Mc

THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE WHY ALL GENUINE CHRISTIANS NEED TO LEAVE THE NRA:

NRA sues Florida to block part of new gun law https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/us/nra-sues-florida-gun-law/index.html

(CNN)The National Rifle Association is suing the state of Florida after Gov. Rick Scott signed Senate Bill 7026 into law Friday, the first gun control legislation enacted in the state after the Parkland school massacre on February 14.

The NRA suit focuses on the part of the law that raises the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21 from 18.

"This bill punishes law-abiding gun owners for the criminal acts of a deranged individual," executive director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action Chris W. Cox said. "Securing our schools and protecting the constitutional rights of Americans are not mutually exclusive."

Seventeen people were killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School when a 19-year-old man with a semi-automatic military-style rifle opened fire.

The lawsuit, filed in the Northern District of Florida, says the age minimum section of the new law violates the second and 14th amendments of the US Constitution.

The NRA argues people who are 18 years old are considered adults "for almost all purposes and certainly for the purposes of the exercise of fundamental constitutional rights."

The organization also contends federal law already prevents many Americans 21 or younger from buying certain types of guns. Florida's law unconstitutionally broadens those limits, the NRA says...

This, in my opinion, is heartless of NRA. The ground has not settled on the top of the children's grave in order to place a headstone marking their resting place and the NRA is suing the State of Florida. The latest Gun law is signed by a Republican Governor, Rick Scott. I guess, the NRA is going to excommunicate him next.

No Christian should be a part of this cool hearted organization. The school children did what the seemingly cowardly elected lawmakers couldn't and wouldn't do. Let them taste a little victory and civic activism. Why so soon, NRA? The sky is not falling. America has more guns than any other nation in the world. The recent Gun Law passed is minimal at best. America love your children and protect your schools. Where are the commonsense Lawmakers?

If some Christians are bent on having guns, leave the NRA and form their own group: e.g.

CRA= Christian Rifle Association

CCGA= Commonsense Christian Gun Association

CG = Christian Guns

CGA = Christian Gun Association

CPA = Christian Packers Association

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

Let it begin with any letter and end with "A", as long as, it's not the NRA!

What's the difference you say? They will stand for, promote, and support, all the Commonsense Gun Laws sponsored; with no gun-carrying teachers in the classrooms. There, a compromise! CM

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Don't get sucked into trolling.

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

NRA sues Florida to block part of new gun law https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/us/nra-sues-florida-gun-law/index.html

(CNN)The National Rifle Association is suing the state of Florida after Gov. Rick Scott signed Senate Bill 7026 into law Friday, the first gun control legislation enacted in the state after the Parkland school massacre on February 14.

The NRA suit focuses on the part of the law that raises the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21 from 18.

"This bill punishes law-abiding gun owners for the criminal acts of a deranged individual," executive director of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action Chris W. Cox said. "Securing our schools and protecting the constitutional rights of Americans are not mutually exclusive."

Seventeen people were killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School when a 19-year-old man with a semi-automatic military-style rifle opened fire.

The lawsuit, filed in the Northern District of Florida, says the age minimum section of the new law violates the second and 14th amendments of the US Constitution.

The NRA argues people who are 18 years old are considered adults "for almost all purposes and certainly for the purposes of the exercise of fundamental constitutional rights."

The organization also contends federal law already prevents many Americans 21 or younger from buying certain types of guns. Florida's law unconstitutionally broadens those limits, the NRA says...

This, in my opinion, is heartless of NRA. The ground has not settled on the top of the children's grave in order to place a headstone marking their resting place and the NRA is suing the State of Florida. The latest Gun law is signed by a Republican Governor, Rick Scott. I guess, the NRA is going to excommunicate him next.

No Christian should be a part of this cool hearted organization. The school children did what the seemingly cowardly elected lawmakers couldn't and wouldn't do. Let them taste a little victory and civic activism. Why so soon, NRA? The sky is not falling. America has more guns than any other nation in the world. The recent Gun Law passed is minimal at best. America love your children and protect your schools. Where are the commonsense Lawmakers?

If some Christians are bent on having guns, leave the NRA and form their own group: e.g.

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

What's the difference you say? They will stand for, promote, and support, all the Commonsense Gun Laws sponsored; with no gun-carrying teachers in the classrooms. There, a compromise! CM

I agree with the lawsuit, it's not a Christian/Non Christian issue so don't make it one.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

I agree with the lawsuit, it's not a Christian/Non Christian issue so don't make it one.

How can trying to pass laws that kill less people than more people not be of interest to Christians who are not to kill at all????

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

How can trying to pass laws that kill less people than more people not be of interest to Christians who are not to kill at all????

That's not what this law does.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

The present gun laws allow for weapons designed to kill the maximum number of people in the least amount of time, without being classified as machine guns. People want to change this.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

The present gun laws allow for weapons designed to kill the maximum number of people in the least amount of time, without being classified as machine guns. People want to change this.

Do you even know what the law passed that the lawsuit against is? You must not or you wouldn't have said the above statement.

• Dave_L
    edited March 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

Do you even know what the law passed that the lawsuit against is? You must not or you wouldn't have said the above statement.

Do you think more dead innocent people is better than less? If no, take that position about reeling in the wild abuse of the 2nd amendment.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

Do you think more dead innocent people is better than less? If no, take that position about reeling in the wild abuse of the 2nd amendment.

The law is abusing the 2nd Amendment. I don't think you even know what the law is that is under debate, nor do I think you understand the 2nd Amendment or those that support it.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

The law is abusing the 2nd Amendment. I don't think you even know what the law is that is under debate, nor do I think you understand the 2nd Amendment or those that support it.

I understand the law of Christ.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

This is why nobody can have a conversation with you....

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:” (1 Peter 2:21–23)

How do you view yourself along side of this example Christ set for us?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:” (1 Peter 2:21–23)

This verse is irrelevant to this conversation.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

How can you follow Christ and do the exact opposite?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

I'm not. Only in your opinion am I doing such, but you take Scripture out of context and twist it into things it doesn't mean.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

I'm not. Only in your opinion am I doing such, but you take Scripture out of context and twist it into things it doesn't mean.

I wish it was my opinion and I was wrong. But you cannot hold your present course and follow Jesus at the same time.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

I wish it was my opinion and I was wrong. But you cannot hold your present course and follow Jesus at the same time.

Thank you for your opinion. For the thousandth time, we disagree. And, I believe, Scripture disagrees with you.

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

Thank you for your opinion. For the thousandth time, we disagree. And, I believe, Scripture disagrees with you.

How does any of the NT disagree with the Sermon on the Mount?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

Why do you automatically dismiss the Old Testament?

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

I do not. But I understand it at at two different levels. One level aimed at the wicked. And another level aimed at the born again. You abuse it if you try to make Christians employ it as the wicked do.

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

I do not. But I understand it at at two different levels. One level aimed at the wicked. And another level aimed at the born again. You abuse it if you try to make Christians employ it as the wicked do.

So in other words, the OT doesn't apply to Christians? That is what I hear you saying...

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

So in other words, the OT doesn't apply to Christians? That is what I hear you saying...

If you read the Ten Commandments and then read the Sermon on the Mount, and the rest of the NT, Jesus teaches us to do the exact opposite of what the Commandments tell us not to do. Do not steal = give. Do not kill = bless. Do not covet = be generous and so on...

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

If you read the Ten Commandments and then read the Sermon on the Mount, and the rest of the NT, Jesus teaches us to do the exact opposite of what the Commandments tell us not to do. Do not steal = give. Do not kill = bless. Do not covet = be generous and so on...

Wow you really miss the forest for the trees. Where in the world did you learn that the Sermon on the Mount is our only guide to living? Where did you learn to ingore vasts amounts of Scripture?

• Dave_L

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

CG = Christian Guns

CP = Christian Packers

RG = Righteous Guns

HS= Holy Smoke

Wow you really miss the forest for the trees. Where in the world did you learn that the Sermon on the Mount is our only guide to living? Where did you learn to ingore vasts amounts of Scripture?

The Sermon is the converse of the Law. And it forms the entire NT ethic.

• C Mc

Mr. Trump, who was for the age restriction on the purchase of AR-15 is no longer for it. He didn't follow through on his proposal. He disappoints the children and their families. Mr. Trump is totally afraid of the NRA, what can I say? CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:
    Mr. Trump, who was for the age restriction on the purchase of AR-15 is no longer for it. He didn't follow through on his proposal. He disappoints the children and their families. Mr. Trump is totally afraid of the NRA, what can I say? CM

Odd, I didn't know he made a formal proposal until yesterday.... hmm... More dishonesty from you on the gun debate @C_M_ ?

That being said, the call was made with emotion. I'm sure now that he has sat down, we are removed almost a month from the incident, cooler heads prevail and realize that proposal is unconstitutional.

• C Mc

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

Odd, I didn't know he made a formal proposal until yesterday.... hmm... More dishonesty from you on the gun debate @C_M_ ?

What are you talking about?

That being said, the call was made with emotion. I'm sure now that he has sat down, we are removed almost a month from the incident, cooler heads prevail and realize that proposal is unconstitutional.

No, it's NOT unconstitutional. It's a matter of choice and courage, which is in short supplies today. CM