The 144,000... when are they chosen and sealed?

The 144,000... when are they chosen and sealed?

Brother Rando is a student of Prophecy and one of Jehovah's Witnesses. His interests are directed towards how the time of the end would come about. His Goal is to educate the public that Jehovah Witnesses have accepted the Sacrifice in Christ, whose Blood was shed for many as a ransom and exercise faith in 'Jesus Christ' for salvation. (Romans 10:9)

As a student of Prophecy, the passing of time often reveals the specific timing of such divine declarations. The Prophets that announced them do not always know the exact timing. The Sealing of the 144,000 is now at hand. Another timed event that needs no guess work. Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” (John 2:19) The Bible points out that Jesus was not talking about the temple made with hands, “But he was talking about the temple of his body.” (John 2:21)

Could the temple of his body be the 144,000 of his anointed followers also known as the Body of Christ? If the "the temple of Christ's Body" is not made with hands and Jesus was to sacrifice his Flesh, once for all time, then taking back his fleshly body would void his Father's Will. (1 Peter 2:18) The scriptures do indicate some insight to what he meant, "But he was talking about the temple of his body." (John 2:21) Notice the scripture doesn't state his fleshly body for his fleshly body was to be sacrificed once and for all time, but rather 'the temple of his body.'

Once the temple is raised up, then we could expect to enter into Christ’s Millennial Reign in the third day. That time of (three physical days) has gone and passed almost two thousand years ago and Christ's Millennial Reign has not yet taken place. Today, we see that the World is engulfed in hatred and greed and the signs or manifestations happening today are causing all of the tribes of the earth to beat themselves in lamentation or grief. People are looking for a way out.

The Apostle Peter referred to the temple by stating, "As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but chosen, precious to God, you yourselves as living stones are being built up into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, in order to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 2:4-5)

The scripture by the Apostle Paul also gives us evidence that others are also included as God’s temple that Jesus Christ himself would raise up. "Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that the spirit of God dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16) Again, this did not happen in a 72 hour period but rather the process of raising up the foundation of the living stones began on Pentecost 33 CE. Can the Body of Christ be the same as God’s temple? Yes. “Just as the body is one but has many members, and all the members of that body, although many, are one body, so too is the Christ.”​ (1 Cor 12:12)

Jesus could have stated (John 2:19) in several ways.

• in three days
  • on the third day
  • after two days

The question of how long a day is listed in the scriptures for all to see. "However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day." (2 Peter 3:8) 33CE + 2,000 yrs = 2033

So when can expect the 144,000 of God’s temple to be raised up? "He will revive us after two days. On the third day he will raise us up, And we will live before him." (Hosea 6:2)

The Body of Christ began to be collected on Pentecost 33 CE and will continue for two days of 1,000 years each before the third day begins 2034. 33CE + 2,000 yrs = 2033 You won't find 2034 in the Bible, but you won't find 33 CE either. Yet, 33 CE was a 'timed event' that comes from the Messiah being cut off in the middle of that 70th week and Pentecost followed 50 days later. They looked with their eyes but they could not see. "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.”(Rev 7:3)

We also get 1914 from the book of Daniel which was another 'timed event' that occurred about the time allotted for Gentile Rule. In the Book of Daniel, Bible Prophecy pointed to a specific time period. Taking the time limit of 2,520 years and adding them to the time of destruction of the temple in Jerusalem 607 BCE, the timing lined up to the year 1914 CE.

The timing of the 144,000 being chosen, seems to line up with the conclusion of the Last Days in 2034. When you add the time limit for the Last Days of Noah to the Last Days of this Age, what year keeps popping up? 1914 + 120 yrs = 2034

The Fulfillment of Prophecies are 'timed events'. They have a Beginning and an End to them which covers a specific time period. Knowing such dates of a prophecy once revealed to those who are being ministered to, does not necessarily beget salvation. It doesn't give a person divine protection or extraordinary insight but it may make a person more accountable to Jehovah for not warning others.”

One would need to continue walking by faith... Better times lay ahead of us, but not for everyone. “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.” (Rev 7:3)

Notice that harm to the earth, sea, or trees are being withheld until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads. This is in reference to sealing of the 144,000 which are representatives of God’s temple, the Body of Christ, New Jerusalem, Christ’s Brothers, and even the Bride of Christ. All are one in the same.

Once the total number of the 144,000 are sealed, then a colossal number of other prophecies begin to become fulfilled. “I will make my holy name known among my people Israel, and I will not allow my holy name to be profaned any longer; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah, the Holy One in Israel.” (Ezekiel 39:7)

Since these things are undergoing spiritual fulfillment, the Bible warns us that "Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed." (2 Peter 3:10)

"For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true. It will not be late!" (Habakkuk 2:3)

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

Comments

• @Brother Rando March 6 The 144,000... when are they chosen and sealed?

Revelation 6:1-7:8 LEB (includes 144,000 identification and preceding global events) =>

And I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying like the sound of thunder, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and in order that he might conquer.

And when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come!” And another horse came out, fiery red, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace from the earth, and that they would slaughter one another, and a large sword was given to him.

And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse, and the one seated on it had a balance scale in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not damage the olive oil and the wine!”

And when he opened the fourth seal, I heard a voice from the fourth living creature saying, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a pale green horse, and the one seated on it was named Death, and Hades followed after him. And authority was granted to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill by the sword and by famine and by pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the testimony which they had, and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, holy and true Lord, will you not judge and avenge our blood from those who live on the earth?” And to each one of them a white robe was given, and it was said to them that they should rest yet a short time, until the number of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed as they had been were completed also.

And I watched when he opened the sixth seal, and a great earthquake took place, and the sun became black like sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood, and the stars of heaven fell to the earth like a fig tree throws down its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. And the sky was split apart like a scroll that is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved from their place. And the kings of the earth, and the most important people, and the military leaders, and the rich, and the powerful, and every slave and free person hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, And they said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the one who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, so that no wind could blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, holding the seal of the living God, and he cried out with a loud voice to the four angels who were given permission to damage the earth and the sea, saying, “Do not damage the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the slaves of our God on their foreheads.”

And I heard the number of the ones who were sealed, one hundred forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:

from the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand sealed,

from the tribe of Reuben, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Gad, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Asher, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Naphtali, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Manasseh, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Simeon, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Levi, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Issachar, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Zebulun, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Joseph, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand were sealed.

First seal possibility: did COVID-19 conquer the world ?

Second seal possibility: did Russia invading Ukraine begin World War III ?

Third seal possiblity: could world-wide inflation result in a day's wages being needed to buy something to eat ? (prices for many grocery store items have already doubled along with a number of shelves becoming empty & many fires destroying food processing plants plus mega-droughts in several continents that lowered major river water levels in 2022)

Death of a fourth of the human population (~2,000,000,000 people) on earth has not yet happened (fourth seal), albeit rate of death is increasing.

A great earthquake that moves every mountain and island has not yet happened (sixth seal). Hence 12,000 per tribe from 12 tribes of Israel for 144,000 have not yet been sealed on their foreheads.

Which son of Israel in Genesis 49:1-27 (a serpent on the way) is NOT listed as a tribe in Revelation 7:5-8 ?

🙏 Praying for Holy God to help me understand prophecy fulfillment along with me hearing Holy God's voice & obeying to do Holy God's will 🙏

Keep Smiling 😊

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,322
    edited August 2023

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus Christ - 🙏 Praying for Holy God to help me understand prophecy fulfillment along with me hearing Holy God's voice & obeying to do Holy God's will 🙏

@Brother Rando

God’s Angel to Lead

(Deuteronomy 7:12–26)

Behold, I am sending an Angel before you to protect you along the Way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. (Exodus 23:20)

All Israel had to do is Listen to the Voice of this Angel that Jehovah would send to Protect them along the Way. John the Baptizer told them again about this when the Angel of the Covenant suddenly appeared to Judge the temple.

•  This is the one about whom it is written: ‘Look! I am sending my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way ahead of you! (Matthew 11:10)

Greek reads: οὗτός ἐστιν περὶ οὗ γέγραπται ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ ἀποστέλλω τὸν ἄγγελόν μου πρὸ προσώπου σου ὃς κατασκευάσει τὴν ὁδόν σου ἔμπροσθέν σου

Word for Word transliteration: this is the one about whom it is written, behold, I am sending my angel before you, who will prepare your way before you

32. aggelos 

Strong's Concordance

aggelos: an angel, messenger

Original Word: ἄγγελος, ου, ὁ

Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine

Transliteration: aggelos

Phonetic Spelling: (ang'-el-os)

Definition: a messenger, angel

Usage: a messenger, generally a (supernatural) messenger from God, an angel, conveying news or behests from God to men.

HELPS Word-studies

32 ággelos – properly, a messenger or delegate – either human (Mt 11:10; Lk 7:24, 9:52; Gal 4:14; Js 2:25) or heavenly (a celestial angel); someone sent (by God) to proclaim His message.

Then we also have Malachi 3:1 which states:

Yahweh’s Messenger is Coming

“Look! I am going to send my messenger, and he will prepare the way ⌊before me⌋. And the Lord whom you are seeking will come suddenly to his temple, and the messenger (angel) of the covenant, in whom you are taking pleasure—look!—he is about to come,” says Yahweh of hosts. 

The Fore-runner messenger is John the Baptizer and points to Jesus has the Lord suddenly comes to his temple has the Angel of the Covenant --look!- he is about to come!

Brenton Septuagint Translation

Behold, I send forth my messenger, and he shall survey the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come into his temple, even the angel of the covenant, whom ye take pleasure in: behold, he is coming, saith the Lord Almighty.

Darby Bible Translation

Behold, I send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me; and the Lord whom ye seek will suddenly come to his temple, and the Angel of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he cometh, saith Jehovah of hosts.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• To ask if a prophecy could be this or that is mere human speculation about prophecy. Which can be interesting but really serves to no true purpose...

The problem that usually comes from not understanding something is that we as humans tend to try to force an understanding.

We are told by Peter that no undrrstanding of a prophecy ever comes to humans by the will of that human...we are shown that prophecies are better understood by our knowing the other Scriptures. Thus Revelation is much better understood through our knowing Daniel and Ezekiel and Zechariah.....and they are better understood through our knowing The Law (books of Moses).... In this way the Scriptures reveal themselves to the believer.

We can speculate and play with prophecy all our lives- making deep studies of them....but as Jesus says, WATCH YOURSELF- being ready for the days of fulfillment (whether in our lifetime or not) is the key rather than trying to be the one to figure it out ahead of time.

I know of no instance where a human explained the deep true meaning of something BEFORE it took place. Even Paul and the Apostles had to wait for Jesus to fulfill what they would preach BEFORE they preached with the FULL understanding.

Personally, I think what I read from this thread is off base from what I see in Scriptures descriptions.

The Scripture you are looking at tells you he was speaking of his body- in reference to 3 days and 3 night in the grave sign he gives.

There are no Scriptures that support some deep vague meaning to what He said...One can certainly spend a lifetime speculating about it and claiming to know- to what end though? For glory of men?

***more important to the Sunday keeping congregations out there, might be to consider their idea that Jesus rose Easter Sunday...since he is risen ALREADY when Mary visits the tomb in the dark portion of the first day ("Saturday" night or after midnight but well before dawn- John 20)...Also importantly WHEN he was laid in the tomb- just before sunset...do the math, counting off 3 days and 3 nights starting with an evening and you find a resurrection needing to be before sunset on the Seventh Day Sabbath......IF we take Jesus at His word.

He does Ascend to The Father (fulfilling the role of The Firstfruit Sheaf Wave Offering- Lev.23) AFTER Mary's visit to the tomb....but had been risen for some time already.

• RickWP77
    RickWP77 Posts: 7
    edited August 2023

I guess my overall point is- even John The Baptizer didn't know until it was fulfilled in front of Him AS God had said clearly- see John 1..I recognized Him not, but the one who said to me upon whom you see the holy spirit descending.....

Prophecy fulfillment is always made known either AT the time or immediately afterward. AND IT IS ALWAYS EXACTLY ACCORDING TO THE SACRED SCRIPTURES.

• @RickWP77 August 19 We are told by Peter that no undrrstanding of a prophecy ever comes to humans by the will of that human..

We agree. 1 Peter 1:16-21 LEB  (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) =>

For we did not make known to you the power and coming of our יהוה Lord Jesus Christ by following ingeniously concocted myths, but by being eyewitnesses of that one’s majesty. For he received honor and glory from אלהים God the Father when a voice such as this was brought to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” And we ourselves heard this voice brought from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain, and we possess as more reliable the prophetic word, to which you do well if you pay attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, recognizing this above all, that every prophecy of scripture does not come about from one’s own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men carried along by the Holy Spirit spoke from God. 

🙏 Praying for Holy God to help me understand prophecy fulfillment along with me hearing Holy God's voice & obeying to do Holy God's will 🙏

@RickWP77 August 19 I know of no instance where a human explained the deep true meaning of something BEFORE it took place. Even Paul and the Apostles had to wait for Jesus to fulfill what they would preach BEFORE they preached with the FULL understanding.

Concur with my human lack of FULL understanding: e.g. what is the lag time between a seal being opened in Holy Heaven and prophecy fulfillment on earth ?

Revelation 6:1-7:8 LEB (includes 144,000 identification and preceding global events) =>

And I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying like the sound of thunder, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and in order that he might conquer.

And when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come!” And another horse came out, fiery red, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace from the earth, and that they would slaughter one another, and a large sword was given to him.

And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse, and the one seated on it had a balance scale in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not damage the olive oil and the wine!”

And when he opened the fourth seal, I heard a voice from the fourth living creature saying, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a pale green horse, and the one seated on it was named Death, and Hades followed after him. And authority was granted to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill by the sword and by famine and by pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered because of the word of God and because of the testimony which they had, and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, holy and true Lord, will you not judge and avenge our blood from those who live on the earth?” And to each one of them a white robe was given, and it was said to them that they should rest yet a short time, until the number of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed as they had been were completed also.

And I watched when he opened the sixth seal, and a great earthquake took place, and the sun became black like sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood, and the stars of heaven fell to the earth like a fig tree throws down its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. And the sky was split apart like a scroll that is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved from their place. And the kings of the earth, and the most important people, and the military leaders, and the rich, and the powerful, and every slave and free person hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, And they said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the one who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, so that no wind could blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, holding the seal of the living God, and he cried out with a loud voice to the four angels who were given permission to damage the earth and the sea, saying, “Do not damage the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the slaves of our God on their foreheads.”

And I heard the number of the ones who were sealed, one hundred forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:

from the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand sealed,

from the tribe of Reuben, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Gad, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Asher, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Naphtali, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Manasseh, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Simeon, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Levi, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Issachar, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Zebulun, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Joseph, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand were sealed.

A Bible Study about Revelation 6 earlier this week had a new thought for me: what words describe a bow being used ? someone shot ...

First seal possibility: did COVID-19 (COrona VIrus Disease 2019) conquer the world ? Could the beginning of Crown (Corona) Virus public vaccination shots in Israel become the "Shot heard around the world" that began the 70th week of seven years in Daniel 9:24-27 prophecy about Jewish people ?

19 December 2020 (day after Chanakah) White Horse conquering Shot in Israel

24 February 2022 Red Horse War: Russia invaded Ukraine

Black Horse basic food prices continue to go up in many places. World Food bank: Moderate or severe food insecurity affected 29.6% of the global population (2.4 billion people) in 2022, with 11.3% being severly food insecure. 2022 and 2023 have had weather, war, & insects adversely affecting harvests of basic food: wheat, rice, corn, ... in a number of places around the world.

Pale Green Horse death for a fourth of the human population (~2,000,000,000 people) on earth has not yet happened, albeit rate of death continues increasing in a variety of ways: earthquakes, fires, floods, heat, war, ... Observation is 1 June 2024 happens 1,260 days after 19 December 2020 (albeit humanly not know if this date has any relationship with Revelation 6 seal openings).

Fifth seal opening does not have anything on earth to experience.

Sixth seal great earthquake that moves every mountain and island has not yet happened. Hence 12,000 per tribe from 12 tribes of Israel for 144,000 have not yet been sealed on their foreheads.

Keep Smiling 😊

• My suggestion is to examine the daily life DAILY by what God says to be doing and thinking...The prophecies will reveal themselves in their time to God's people and the rest will be blind as they always are...

It is not healthy to think, nor indeed to expect, that i am going to have "hidden" prophetical meanings revealed to me ahead of time for telling others about it before it happens......this would be contrary to the purpose of sealing the prophecy to the time of the of the end (Daniel 12).

The prophesying is complete. Nowhere does it say one will come to explain the end time prophecies to people ahead of their fulfillment. This is because God's true followers will all know at the time.

Jesus warns his people that many false prophets will arise claiming it to be the time, but do not go after them....All God's children will know when the time of the end arrives- 'you are children of the day'....'that day shall not overtake you as a thief in the night'..

THE IMPORTANCE IS SET ON OUR OWN SELVES, INDIVIDUALLY... To watch ourselves and make sure of our own walk, that we are in truth, IN CHRIST 'test yourselves to see if you ARE in the faith...'. NOT to be trying to unlock hidden mysteries that God says will be revealed at their time.

If a man claims to have a personal revelation from God based in some HIDDEN MYSTERY, it will surely be proven to be errors or lies in the end.....when it is that that end actually does comes.