JWs' Battle of Armageddon: Truth, Bang, or A Bust?
The JWs have declared several dates for the "Battle of Armageddon". From JW's Literature, falsehoods, miscalculations, and unfulfilled prophecy. See below what I am talking about -failed dates for the battle of Armageddon:
- Zion’s Wt, 1/15/1892, pg 1355, reprint -- ...“battle” is definitely marked in Scripture as October, 1914.
- The Time is at Hand, 1908, pg 101 --- ...the “battle of the great day of God Almighty” (Rev.16:14) which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth’s present rulership, is already commenced.
- The Finished Mystery, 1917, pg 398, 399, 485
- -- the people who are the strength of Christendom shall be cut off in the brief but terribly eventful period beginning in 1918 A.D. A third part are “burned with fire in the mist of the city.”
- .....After 1918 the people supporting churchianity will cease to be its, supporters, be destroyed as adherents,
- ...Also in the year 1918, when God destroys the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions...
- Millions now Living Will Never Die, 1920, pg. 89, 90 -- Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old...."
- Vindication 1, 1931, pg 146, 338, 339 --
- ...years 1914,1918 and 1925
- ..... they also learned to quit fixing dates for the future and predicting what would come to pass on certain dates....
- Informant, May 1940 -- The year 1940 is certain to be the most important year yet because Armageddon is very near.
- Wt, 9/15/1941, pg 288 -- ...in the remaining months before Armageddon.
- Wt, 5/1/1968, pg 273 -- Chart of dates 1975 end of 6th 1000-year day...2975 end of 7th 1000-year day....
- Aw, 1/22/1969, pg 16 -- Other Bible prophecies clearly foretell God’s purpose to bring this wicked system to an end in a few years.
- Aw, 5/22/1969, pg 15 -- If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. .....all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ....as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!
- Wt, 10/15/1969, pg 622, 623 -- ...seventh millennium from man’s creation by Jehovah God would begin in less than ten years.
- The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah, 1971, pg 216 -- Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day if Jehovah" will begin against modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom.
- Wt, 1/1/1989, pg 12 -- The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century. (This quote was later changed in the WT bound volume to: He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day.)
- In 2010 the generation of 1914 that would not pass away has changed to overlapping generations.
@BroRando, are you aware of this? How could you continue to believe and teach others religious chaff of a biblically pure prophecy? Are you concerned about your and the organization's credibility? CM
Post edited by C Mc on