A Better Grasp of What JW's Offer You
-Compiled by Paul & Pat Blizard
Former Third Generation Jehovah's Witnesses
Of all items listed, on only three have the Watchtower switched their mind. (#59, 60,61)
All are listed, however, to show the absurdity of Watchtower rules and the absolute control leadership
has over the lives of members once they join.
1. God is not a Trinity; the doctrine is inspired by the Devil
2. Jesus Christ is a "created being," who at one time did not exist
3. Jesus is not to be worshiped or prayed to-he is only an angel (a.k.a. Michael the archangel)
4. The Holy Spirit is not a person but is "God's active force" i.e. gravity, electricity etc.
5. Heaven is hope only for select Jehovah's Witnesses. The majority of JWs hope to live on "paradise earth"
6. Heaven is limited only to 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses. There are only 9,105 alive today (2006 figures)
7. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only "true Christians." All churches and denominations are considered "false religion"
8. There is no Hell or eternal judgment ("Hell" is simply the grave)
9. There is no life after death except for the 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses
10. Salvation is earned only by being a loyal Jehovah's Witness
11. Jesus second coming happened invisibly and secretly in 1914
12. The "first resurrection" occurred in 1918
13. Jesus did not rise from the dead bodily but as a spirit being
14. Jesus was equal to Adam (just a man)
15. Jesus could have sinned and failed in his mission
16. Jesus was not born the savior but became the savior at his baptism
17. God is not omnipresent
18. God is not omniscient
19. JWs are not sure of their salvation
20. All earthly governments are controlled by the Devil
21. The Holy Spirit is only available to select Jehovah's Witnesses
22. They are forbidden to serve in the military
23. They are forbidden to buy Girl Scout cookies
30. They are forbidden to celebrate any holidays (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
31. They are forbidden to celebrate their birthday
32. They are forbidden to run for or hold a political office
33. They are forbidden to vote in any political campaign
34. They are forbidden to serve on a jury
35. They are forbidden to own or wear a cross
36. They are forbidden to speak to former members who are shunned (disfellowshipped)
37. They are forbidden to accept Christmas gifts
38. They are forbidden to purchase Christian products (books, music, plaques, pictures etc.)
39. They are forbidden to read Christian literature
40. They are forbidden to have friends who are not Jehovah's Witnesses
41. They are forbidden to marry a non-Jehovah's Witness
42. They are forbidden to salute the flag, stand for the national anthem, or own a flag
43. They are forbidden to say "God bless you" when someone sneezes.
44. They are forbidden to have a tattoo
45. They are forbidden to use pet foods made with blood or blood products
46. They are forbidden to donate blood or their organs
47. They are forbidden to read any anti-Jehovah's Witness material
48. They are forbidden to interpret the Bible without Watchtower literature to explain it
49. They are forbidden to wear any Christian jewelry
50. They are forbidden to support their country and be patriotic
51. They are forbidden to be involved in martial arts, boxing or wrestling
52. They are forbidden to join any clubs or sports teams
53. They are forbidden to participate in a school play
54. They are forbidden to use any tobacco products
55. They are forbidden to attend the funeral of an ex-Jehovah's Witness
56. They are forbidden to say "good luck"
57. They are forbidden to be a police officer
58. Women are forbidden pray in the presence of men without a hat or head covering
59. They are forbidden to play chess
60. They are forbidden to wear jade jewelry
61. They must not own wind-chimes (they are for chasing away evil spirits)
62. They must read and study Watchtower literature regularly
63. They must go from door to door weekly to gain converts
64. They must attend five meetings per week
65. Only officially approved sexual practices are allowed in marriage
66. Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Halls have no windows
67. If they witness another Jehovah's Witness breaking the rules they must report them to the elders to be interrogated
68. They are forbidden to take a blood transfusion
69. Men are forbidden wear beards
70. The Watchtower organization is God's prophet on earth today
71. Women must submit to the authority of Watchtower elders
72. They must forgo vacations to attend annual conventions
73. They must study Watchtower books at least six months before they can be baptized
74. Before baptism, one must answer over 80 Bible questions with Scripture references in front of a panel of elders
75. Most of The Book of Revelation applies to the Jehovah's Witnesses
76. They cannot celebrate Mothers or Fathers day (it may produce pride)
77. Kingdom Halls cannot have pews for seating
78. They must appear before a Judicial Committee if they are caught breaking Watchtower rules (Secret files are kept on all members which record these meetings-these files are kept in New York and are never destroyed)
79. All pastors are the "Antichrist"
80. All churches are of Satan
81. God only speaks through the "Governing Body" in Brooklyn, New York
82. They are discouraged from attending college
83. The Lord's supper is only to be eaten by select Jehovah's Witnesses (144,000 group-99.99% of Jehovah's Witnesses are forbidden from taking the Lord's supper)
84. The Lord's supper can only be celebrated annually
85. JWs in times of crisis, are strongly discouraged from consulting with family counselors, including mental health professionals who are not Jehovah's Witnesses
86. Only faithful Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon
87. If they have a non-Witness spouse their first loyalty is to the elders over their spouse
88. Angels direct the Watchtower organization
89. Judgment day is 1000 years long
90. If you leave Jehovah's Witnesses or are expelled from the organization you will not be resurrected
91. Only Jehovah's Witness prayers are heard by God
92. Man's salvation is secondary in God's plan; Jesus was sent to "vindicate Jehovah's name"
93. God will destroy all non-Jehovah's Witnesses at Armageddon
94. They are strongly discouraged from giving to charity (except Watchtower causes)
95. They must never enter a church building
96. They must never attend a church service
97. They are discouraged from buying a two door car-A "Theocratic" or "spiritually strong" Jehovah's Witness will have a full size car for the door to door work
98. Men must wear short hair
99. They must refer to all Jehovah's Witnesses as "brother" or "sister"
100. They can never question what is printed in Watchtower literature
10l. They must report their witnessing activity to the elders
What they're called...
-JW services are called "meetings"
-JW hymnals are called "song books" (all songs have to be composed by JWs)
-The JW religion is referred to by the Witnesses as "The Truth"
-The JWs call themselves "The only true Christians"
-The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Inc. of Brooklyn, New York is called "God's Organization"
-In conversation JWs call Watchtower headquarters "The Society"
-All other religions (pagan, Christian, or any world religion) are called "Babylon the Great"
-All Christian pastors and ministers are called the "Antichrist"
-Changes in doctrine is called "New Light"
-The five meetings JWs must attend are called:
1. Public Talk
2. Watchtower Study
3. Area Book Study
4. Theocratic School
5. Service Meeting
-A non-Witness is called "a worldly person"
-A person who rejects the JW message is called a "goat"
-A person who is studying to become a JW is called "a study"
-God's judgment on all non JWs is called "Armageddon"
-The JW Bible is called "New World Translation
-The door to door work is called "the Service"
-Those who bring "new light" or new revelations to the JWs are called "The faithful and discreet slave"
-JWs who have an earthly hope are called "Other Sheep"
-Old term for JWs with the earthly hope were called "Jonadab"
-JWs who have a heavenly hope are called "Anointed Remnant"
-A JW who is enthusiastic is called "theocratic"
-Every JW is called a "Publisher"
-Part time door to door workers are called "Auxiliary Pioneers"
-Full time door to door workers are called "Regular Pioneers"
-Full time door to door workers who have stricter quotas than Regular Pioneers, are called "Special Pioneers"
-Appointed Local leaders are called "Elders"
-Appointed Local helpers/workers are called "Ministerial Servants"
-The group responsible for discipline are called "The Judicial Committee"
-A traveling Watchtower representative is called a "Circuit Overseer"
-The Circuit Overseer's boss is called "District Overseer"
-The District Overseer's boss is called "Zone Overseer"
-The Zone Overseer's boss is called "Branch Overseer"
-The Brooklyn, New York Headquarters is called "Bethel"
-Headquarters workers are called "Bethelites"
-A person who is a weak Witness is called "unspiritual" or "Un-theocratic"
-A JW who is publicly disciplined by the elders is called "publicly reproved"
-A JW who is privately disciplined by the elders is called "privately reproved"
-A JW who rejects Watchtower teachings and leaves or is expelled is called "an apostate"
-A JW who breaks any of the Watchtower rules and does not repent to the elders is "disfellowshipped" (Shunned)
-A disfellowshipped person who wants to return to the organization, repents to the elders and is called "reinstated"
-Jehovah's Witness meeting places are called "Kingdom Halls"