Blessings

Truth
Truth Posts: 521

Imagine a thread where we bless each other in a way where the hearer feels blessed. We could all bless each other. We can even bless our enemies! Just be prayerful and authentic and sensitive.

I will start:

Father bless @BroRando with a sense of your presence. Make him feel how much you love him. Give him good health, wisdom, and joy.

Tagged:

Comments

• To everyone who truly & freely wants ongoing Holy Blessing from One unique יהוה Yahweh (Lord) plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God

יברכך יהוה וישמרך 

יאר יהוה פניו אליך ויחנך 

ישא יהוה פניו אליך וישם לך שלום 

y'-va-re-kh'-KHA יברכך a-do-NAI יהוה v'-yish-m'-RE-kha וישמרך

ya-AYR יאר a-do-NAI יהוה pa-NAV פניו ay-LE-kha אליך vee-khu-NE-ka ויחנך

yi-SA ישא a-do-NAI יהוה pa-NAV פניו ay-LE-kha אליך v'-ya-SAYM וישם l'-KHA לך sha-LOM שלום

My personal variation changes pronoun from you to us (to include me with everyone who truly wants Holy Blessing from One unique יהוה Yahweh (Lord) plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God)

May יהוה Yahweh be blessing us and be keeping us

May יהוה Yahweh be making His face shine on us and be gracious to us

May יהוה Yahweh be lifting up His Face to us and be giving us Shalom (God's Peace with Blessings)

🙏 Praying for God's Holy Healing in all life domains: heart (emotional), mind (mental), soul (social), strength (physical), & worship (spiritual) along with God's mercy to be poured out plus justice done 🙏 while weeping 😭 with those who are weeping 😭& 😍 Rejoicing with those Rejoicing 😍

🙏 Praying for God's Holy Presence ❤️to be experienced: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Humility, Self-Control 🙏

Thankful God chooses who, what, where, & when, to heal ❤️😍 praying for many, especially Jesus is יהוה Lord אלהים God believers & human enemies, so some freely receive God's Holy Healing ❤️(for spiritual enemies, includes Breath The Holy opening eyes to truly see so human can choose what to ❤️ Love most). Praying for Watchtower Society repentance from deceptive sins with conversion to truly Love ❤️God the most.

Thankful for The Israel Bible transliteration of Numbers 6:24-26 that shows STRESSED syllable.

Keep Smiling 😊

• Truth

Beautiful post. It made me think of this:

שלום חברים, שלום חברים

שלום, שלום

להתראות, להתראות

שלום,שלום

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLBPhF4ysw

• Thanks for the Shalom Blessing friend 😍

Choir with audience participation: (multi-part round)

Jonathan Cahn: Aaronic Benediction & Blessing (Hebrew speaking a-do-NAI for יהוה and saying Lord in English)

Keep Smiling 😊

• Truth
    edited November 2021

Oh, what a wonderful blessing! Thank you! What a delight for a people to hear their pastor bless them like that. I am sure we can feel the blessing all the way from wherever each f us is.

A common Thanksgiving song around our home was "Count your many blessings." I have a bucket load to count this morning! I remember the sense of blessing I felt the first time I ever heard the song, "Great is Thy Faithfulness." Several hundred people were gathered and began to sing. I was startled at the words and melody. My heart joined the singers, and I hesitantly followed the tune new to me. By the second chorus, every fiber of my being and something even more was vibrating with thanksgiving and praise both to God and for the people.

May each of you who know YHWH in Truth, feel as I felt that day, an overwhelming flood of peace, joy, and thanksgiving.

• HEBREW! How Great is our God _ Gadol Elohai by Joshua Aaron in Jerusalem, Israel _ Messianic Worship

My soul sings Praises with Thanksgiving to יהוה אלהינו יהוה אחד (my words are immensely inadequate to express One יהוה אלהים God's Holiness that includes Righteous Love ❤️ that never fails along with אלהים Shalom that passes all understanding, which is accompanied by Love, Jove, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, Humility, Self-Control)

Thanksgiving Blessings this year includes this thread 😍(wiith Shalom Chaverim echoing over & over)

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus 😍 is my variation & reminder of Philippians 4:4 Χαίρετε ἐν κυρίῳ πάντοτε· πάλιν ἐρῶ, χαίρετε. Be Ye Rejoicing in the יהוה Lord always! I will say it again, Be Ye Rejoicing 😍

Philippians 4:4-9 CJB (Complete Jewish Bible with three Hebrew words as usually translated in LXX) => Rejoice in union with the יהוה Lord always! I will say it again: rejoice! Let everyone see how reasonable and gentle you are. The יהוה Lord is near! Don’t worry about anything; on the contrary, make your requests known to אלהים God by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving. Then אלהים God’s שלום shalom, passing all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with the Messiah Yeshua. In conclusion, brothers, focus your thoughts on what is true, noble, righteous, pure, lovable or admirable, on some virtue or on something praiseworthy. Keep doing what you have learned and received from me, what you have heard and seen me doing; then the אלהים God who gives שלום shalom will be with you.

שאלו שלום ירושלם ישליו אהביך  (Psalm 122:6) LEB => Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May those who love you be at ease.

Keep Smiling 😊

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

Please, enjoy the song and your family. @C Mc

• Truth

Thank you and a lovely, blessed Thanksgiving to all those who call upon the name of our Lord, God and Savior, YHWH in truth!

• Joshua Aaron - Ha Bracha "The Blessing" (In Jerusalem) with Hebrew transliteration and English translated Lyric's of Hebrew singing:

https://vimeo.com/537006654

Hebrew a-do-NAI (Lord) is sung for יהוה 

Keep Smiling 😊

• Truth
    edited November 2021

Love that video and music. When my daughter plays violin, I am blessed!

May the God of hope fill you with

all joy and peace in believing,

so that by the power of the Holy Spirit

you may abound in hope.

Rom 15:13

• Since you rejected to be baptized in the name of Jesus Chirist, you never received the forgiveness of sin or the free gift of holy spirit.

Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit. Acts 2:38

You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• Sunday 28 November 2021 is 24 Kislev 5782 that begins the eight day festival of Hanukkah to remember G-d's Miracle

A Merry Matisyahu Hanukkah

Oceans by Hillsong with English lyrics

Oceans recorded on the sea of Galilee (Of Dirt & Grace Album) with Portuguese subtitles:

Hillsong United en español - Océanos

@BroRando November 27 Since you rejected to be baptized in the name of Jesus Chirist, you never received the forgiveness of sin or the free gift of holy spirit.

How are harsh words appropriate in a thread focused on Blessings ?

Matthew 7:1-6 LEB => “Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For by what judgment you judge, you will be judged, and by what measure you measure out, it will be measured out to you. And why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the beam of wood in your own eye? Or how will you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to remove the speck from your eye,’ and behold, the beam of wood is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the beam of wood from your own eye and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye! “Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls in front of pigs, lest they trample them with their feet, and turn around and tear you to pieces.

@BroRando November 27 You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.

Curious about credible evidence for my baptism history ?

Without credible evidence, your idea 'You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.' is a falsehood (would prove your current alignment with the father of lies, our spiritual adversary)

Keep Smiling 😊

• Truth

Thank you! Your blessings bring peace and joy and draw my heart upward toward יהוה .

---------

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;

where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury, pardon;

where there is discord, union;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

and where there is sadness, joy.

-Francis of Assisi

May each of your hearts feel peace, love, pardon. union, faith, hope, light, and joy.

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2021

Trintarians reject the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. WHY?

• Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.” (Acts 2:38)

The main purpose is that they reject the God and the Father who Sent him. They claim Jehovah is not a valid name. However, they forgot to remove names that bear witness to the Holy and Sacred Name Jehovah.

Names denied by the Anti-Christ in salndering the Name Jehovah.

• Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation'
    • John means 'Jehovah has been Gracious'
    • Elijah means 'My God is Jehovah'
    • Hallelujah means 'Praise Jah" which is short for Jehovah

Why would someone who slanders Jehovah, still use the name Jesus when his name means 'Jehovah is Salvation'? Deception.

The same religions who slander Jehovah are the same ones who deny the Christian baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. They changed the words of Jesus Christ. Find out more so you are not tricked into denying Jesus Christ. Look through the article see the ones who deny the Christian baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. As a true Christian I am happy to shed some light in this dark world as it come to the end. This is the good news of God's Kingdom before such ones who deny Jesus come to their end. (Matthew 24:14)

What to learn more?

Thankful for Google transliterates יהוה in English as Jehovah. Visit JW.org about whom Jesus Christ calls the Only True God in (John 17:3)

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus

@BroRando November 27 You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.

Curious about credible evidence for my baptism history ?

Without credible evidence, your idea 'You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.' is a falsehood (would prove your current alignment with the father of lies, our spiritual adversary)

@BroRando

Agreed. Notice this admission. The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263: The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century.

Catholic Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger: 

• He makes this confession as to the origin of the chief Trinity text of Matthew 28:19. “The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome.” — Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI) Introduction to Christianity: 1968 edition, pp. 82, 83.

That's right, an admission that the baptism text came from the Pagan City of Rome. None of the Apostles baptized anyone in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit in the first century. NONE!

Scripture also says that by the authority of Jesus, people would be told to turn to God and change the way they think and act so that their sins will be forgiven. This would be told to people from all nations, beginning in the city of Jerusalem. ‘…and on the basis of his Name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations—starting out from Jerusalem.’ (Luke 24:46-47)

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 29 Humanly is quite difficult for me to say יהוה with correct vowels as God's name is immensely Holy, which deserves Holy pause to Worship & Adore. Saying Jehovah, Iehovah, a-do-NAI (Lord), HaShem (The Name), Yahweh, ... does not have Holiness Worship pause.

@Truth November 29 Interesting. I also feel that pause.

Two יהוה names are in Jeremiah 23:5-6 LEB => “Look, days are coming,” declares יהוה Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous branch, and he will reign as king, and he will achieve success, and he will do justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell in safety, and this is his name by which he will be called: ‘יהוה Yahweh is our righteousness.’

Hebrew word for righteousness has pronoun, suffixed, 1st person, plural so could be translated: 'יהוה Yahweh righteousness We'

Hence, my personalization of model prayer for disciples in Matthew 6:9-13 is changing "Our Father" to " Our יהוה " that begins praying with Holy worship pause, which is an awesome blessing for focus on Holy communicating with One unique יהוה Lord אלהים God 🙏❤️😍

Hillsong Worship: The Lord's Prayer https://vimeo.com/428946257 (with lyrics & artful illustrations) "There is More" album shows this song on stage.

@BroRando November 29 Trintarians reject the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. WHY?

Again wondering about your motivation for harsh words in a "Blessings" thread ?

Curious about credible source(s) for your idea "Trintarians reject the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ." ? (JW.org is not credible)

Original audience in Acts 2 is observant Jewish people, who had already baptized themselves (self immersion) as part of ritual cleansing.

Acts 2:1-41 LEB (with Hebrew words usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord & אלהים as God) => And when the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in the same place. And suddenly a sound like a violent rushing wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. And divided tongues like fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages as the Spirit gave them ability to speak out. Now there were Jews residing in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven. And when this sound occurred, the crowd gathered and was in confusion, because each one was hearing them speaking in his own language. And they were astounded and astonished, saying, “Behold, are not all these who are speaking Galileans? And how do we hear, each one of us, in our own native language? Parthians and Medes and Elamites and those residing in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya toward Cyrene, and the Romans who were in town, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabs — we hear them speaking in our own languages the great deeds of אלהים God!” And all were amazed and greatly perplexed, saying to one another, “What can this mean?” But others jeered and said, “They are full of sweet new wine!” But Peter, standing with the eleven, raised his voice and declared to them, “Judean men, and all those who live in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and pay attention to my words! For these men are not drunk, as you assume, because it is the third hour of the day. But this is what was spoken through the prophet Joel: ‘And it will be in the last days,’ אלהים God says, ‘I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy, and your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. And even on my male slaves and on my female slaves I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. And I will cause wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and vapor of smoke. The sun will be changed to darkness and the moon to blood, before the great and glorious day of the יהוה Lord comes. And it will be that everyone who calls upon the name of the יהוה Lord will be saved.’ “Israelite men, listen to these words! Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by אלהים God with deeds of power and wonders and signs that אלהים God did through him in your midst, just as you yourselves know — this man, delivered up by the determined plan and foreknowledge of אלהים God, you executed by nailing to a cross through the hand of lawless men. אלהים God raised him up, having brought to an end the pains of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. For David says with reference to him, ‘I saw the יהוה Lord before me continually, for he is at my right hand so that I will not be shaken. For this reason my heart was glad and my tongue rejoiced greatly, furthermore also my flesh will live in hope, because you will not abandon my soul in Hades, nor will you permit your Holy One to experience decay. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with gladness with your presence.’ “Men and brothers, it is possible to speak with confidence to you about the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us until this day. Therefore, because he was a prophet and knew that אלהים God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one of his descendants on his throne, by having foreseen this, he spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he abandoned in Hades nor did his flesh experience decay. This Jesus אלהים God raised up, of which we all are witnesses. Therefore, having been exalted to the right hand of אלהים God and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, he has poured out this that you see and hear. For David did not ascend into heaven, but he himself says, ‘The יהוה Lord said to my יהוה Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.” ’ Therefore let all the house of Israel know beyond a doubt, that אלהים God has made him both יהוה Lord and Christ — this Jesus whom you crucified!” Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “What should we do, men and brothers?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children, and for all those who are far away, as many as the יהוה Lord our אלהים God calls to himself.” And with many other words he solemnly urged and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this crooked generation!” So those who accepted his message were baptized, and on that day about three thousand souls were added.

Observation is your idea "Trintarians reject the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ." reading to me as a Watchtower Society falsehood that is required of you to believe: avoid being shunned (brain washing to hide יהוה Lord אלהים God Truth from you). Remember October 30 comment documents many unfulfilled predictions by the Watchtower Society (JW.org) in various publications, which proves the Society is NOT the correct communication channel to/for God (fails simple test of 100% accuracy).

@BroRando @BroRando November 29 Jesus means 'Jehovah is Salvation'

Names of Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, & Isaiah mean 'יהוה Salvation' (vowel pointing was added to Hebrew letters centuries later)

WHAT ABOUT “JEHOVAH” AND “YAHWEH”?

The word “Jehovah” does not appear in Hebrew. The personal name for God, which God revealed to Moses is “Yahweh”. It means, “The One who is always present”. This word was so holy that the Israelites never said it aloud. To remind them, they wrote the consonants YHWH (for Yahweh), and the vowels of Adonai, which means “Lord”. When they spoke of God they said, “Adonai”, meaning Lord.

YHWH + Adonai = Jehovah

J - י - From “YHWH” translators took the letter Y, (which was often read as “J’),

E -  ֵ - with the first vowel of Adonai (which was often read as “e”). {ṣeré - /e/ as in prey}

H - ה - They took the second consonant from “YHWH”, “H”,

O -  ֹ - with the second vowel from Adonai, “O”. {ḥolem - /o/ as in hope}

V - ו - They took the third consonant from “YHWH”, “W”, (often read as “V”),

A -  ָ - with the third vowel from Adonai, “a.” {qameṣ - /a/ as in father}

H - ה - Finally, they took the last consonant from “YHWH” “H.”

So the resulting hybrid word is “Jehovah.” Some translations now use Yahweh. Others translations insert Lord, using small capitals.

Mark Water, The Book of Genesis Made Easy, The Made Easy Series (Alresford, Hampshire: John Hunt Publishers Ltd, 2000), 63.

Added Hebrew letters & vowels to quote from Mark Water: confirmed accuracy of a-do-NAI vowel pointing with יהוה for hybrid Jehovah sound, which is not אלהים God's Holy name. Hebrew verbal learning helps my understanding of יהוה to be: "The One who was/is/will be always present".

@BroRando November 27 You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 28 Curious about credible evidence for my baptism history ?

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus November 28 Without credible evidence, your idea 'You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.' is a falsehood (would prove your current alignment with the father of lies, our spiritual adversary)

@BroRando November 29 Agreed. Notice this admission. 

Nothing credible from @BroRando thus far about my baptism history. Nothing connects tripartite Catholic Credo baptism questions with me.

Introduction to Chrisitanity (Revised Edition) with words bolded from your quotation snippet in many posts, including November 29

Chapter 2

The Ecclesiastical form of Faith

1. introductory remarks on the history and structure of the apostles’ creed

All that we have said so far has done no more than attempt to answer the formal question of what belief as such is and where in the world of modern thought it can find a starting point and a function to perform. The more far-reaching problems relating to its content thus necessarily remained open—with the whole subject perhaps looking only too pale and ill-defined. The answers can only be found by looking at the concrete shape of Christian belief, and this we now mean to consider, using the so-called Apostles’ Creed as a guiding thread. It may be useful to preface the discussion with a few facts about the origin and structure of the Creed; these will at the same time throw some light on the legitimacy of the procedure. The basic form of our profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text comes from the city of Rome; but its internal origin lies in worship; more precisely, in the conferring of baptism. This again was fundamentally based on the words of the risen Christ recorded in Matthew 28:19: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” In accordance with this injunction, three questions are put to the person to be baptized: “Do you believe in God the Father Almighty? Do you believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God …? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit …?” The person being baptized replies to each of these three questions with the word “credo” — I believe — and is then each time immersed in the water. Thus the oldest form of the confession of faith takes the shape of a tripartite dialogue, of question and answer, and is, moreover, embedded in the ceremony of baptism.

Joseph Ratzinger, Introduction to Christianity (Revised Edition), trans. J. R. Foster (San Francisco: Ignatius Press, 2004), 82–83.

We agree that without credible evidence, your idea 'You were baptized that was made up of aforeign forumla by a catholic monk.' is a falsehood (would prove your current alignment with the father of lies, our spiritual adversary, the master manipulator of twisting truth into falsehood).

@BroRando November 29 That's right, an admission that the baptism text came from the Pagan City of Rome.

Catholic baptism tripartite dialogue => In accordance with this injunction, three questions are put to the person to be baptized: “Do you believe in God the Father Almighty? Do you believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God …? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit …?” The person being baptized replies to each of these three questions with the word “credo” — I believe — and is then each time immersed in the water.

Remember Roman persecution was happening in the second and third centuries. Wikipedia History of the Catholic Church includes:

Persecutions

Unlike most religions in the Roman Empire, Christianity required its adherents to renounce all other gods, a practice adopted from Judaism. Christians' refusal to join pagan celebrations meant they were unable to participate in much of public life, which caused non-Christians–including government authorities–to fear that the Christians were angering the gods and thereby threatening the peace and prosperity of the Empire. In addition, the peculiar intimacy of Christian society and its secrecy about its religious practices spawned rumors that Christians were guilty of incest and cannibalism; the resulting persecutions, although usually local and sporadic, were a defining feature of Christian self-understanding until Christianity was legalized in the 4th century.[38][39] A series of more centrally organized persecutions of Christians emerged in the late 3rd century, when emperors decreed that the Empire's military, political, and economic crises were caused by angry gods. All residents were ordered to give sacrifices or be punished.[40] Jews were exempted as long as they paid the Jewish Tax. Estimates of the number of Christians who were executed ranges from a few hundred to 50,000.[41] Many fled[42] or renounced their beliefs. Disagreements over what role, if any, these apostates should have in the Church led to the Donatist and Novatianist schisms.[43]

In spite of these persecutions, evangelization efforts persisted, leading to the Edict of Milan which legalized Christianity in 313.[44] By 380, Christianity had become the state religion of the Roman Empire.[45] Religious philosopher Simone Weil wrote: "By the time of Constantine, the state of apocalyptic expectation must have worn rather thin. [The imminent coming of Christ, expectation of the Last Day – constituted 'a very great social danger']. Besides, the spirit of the old law, so widely separated from all mysticism, was not so very different from the Roman spirit itself. Rome could come to terms with the God of Hosts."[46]

Roman Empire did not legalize "Christianity" until the fourth century.

@BroRando November 29 None of the Apostles baptized anyone in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit in the first century. NONE!

Challenging to historically describe baptismal practices by people being persecuted. Wikipedia Apostolic see shows Apostles going to many places. The book of Acts written by Jewish Luke primarily describes Peter and Paul. Didache (Teaching) of the Twelve Apostles has Chapter VII:

CHAPTER VII

AND concerning baptism, baptize after this manner: Having first recited all these precepts baptize into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost in living water; 2 but if thou hast not living water, baptize into other water; and if thou canst not in cold water then baptize in warm. 3 But if thou hast neither, pour out water upon the head thrice, into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.* 4 And before the baptism let the baptizer and the baptized fast, and any others that are able; but thou shalt order the baptized to fast one or two days beforehand.

G. C. Allen, trans., The Didache or The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles Translated with Notes (London: The Astolat Press, 1903), 5.

Wikipedia Pope Clement I includes:

A large congregation existed in Rome c. 58, when Paul wrote his Epistle to the Romans.[2] Paul arrived in Rome c. 60 (Acts).[2] Paul and Peter were said to have been martyred there. Nero persecuted Roman Christians after Rome burned in 64, and the congregation may have suffered further persecution under Domitian (81–96). Clement was the first of early Rome's most notable bishops.[12] The Liber Pontificalis, which documents the reigns of popes, states that Clement had known Peter.

Clement is known for his epistle to the church in Corinth (c. 96), in which he asserts the apostolic authority of the bishops/presbyters as rulers of the church.[2] The epistle mentions episkopoi (overseers, bishops) or presbyteroi (elders, presbyters) as the upper class of minister, served by the deacons, but, since it does not mention himself, it gives no indication of the title or titles used for Clement in Rome.

Observation is Catholic tradition referring to Clement I as Pope while not having historical indication of the title or titles used by Clement in Rome.

Keep Smiling 😊

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus,

Your post is still a challenge to me. It's generally too lengthy. Wall-papering, the comment box with text minus structure or paragraphs, is unprepossessing and highly challenging for many readers. Because of such, many of your rich points are missed or not read. Depending upon the arena: "less is better." I have posted some lengthy posts in the past (original or cut and paste). However, I make sure they have structure, spaces, or sub-headings.

Your posts will be so much more enhanced with them, especially if you must maintain the lengthiness. Even with the best meal, one can only eat but so much. Those trained in the cutlery arts know that presentation is of utmost importance in serving a delectable meal long before a person tastes the first morsel of the dish. Help me, if you may, enjoy your contributions to the various threads and topics. If my desire doesn't interfere with your sharing, we all would any deliberation would be appreciated. CM

PS.  @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus, keep posting, but keep your audience in mind and give the silent readers some consideration. Thanks for your understanding. I remain.

• Hence, my personalization of model prayer for disciples in Matthew 6:9-13 is changing "Our Father" to " Ourיהוה " that begins praying with Holy worship pause, which is an awesome blessing for focus on Holy communicating with One unique יהוה Lord אלהים God 🙏❤️😍

Why do you change / personalize the Biblical text? Instead, change your personal private interpretation to what the text actually says !

• Brother Rando
    Brother Rando Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2021

@Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus

The Catholic Roman Church is not a Chrsitian denomination. It is a trinity denomination that rejects the Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. They even reject the teachings of Peter. "

Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit." (Acts 2:38)

The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263: The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century.

Therefore, the fasle religion baptizes infant babies in the Pagan Roman Baptismal Formula. It's like offering babies to their false gods.

The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome.” — Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI) Introduction to Christianity: 1968 edition, pp. 82, 83

Stalin, Hilter, Biden are all Catholics that promote genocide through war or arbortions. Notice the Pagan Roman Baptismal Formula is geared toward infants. Biden promotes abortion with the Popes' approval.

Not to mention that Hitler murdered over 6 million Jews with the backing of the Catholic Anti-Christian Church, who claimed God's Kingdom will come through Hitler's third reich.

And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues." (Rev 18:4)

• To everyone who truly & freely wants Holy Shalom Blessing from One unique יהוה Yahweh (Lord) plural e-lo-HEEM אלהים God

Noticed three recent comments in a thread about Blessings that lacked Blessings reflecting אלהים God's Love ❤️

Which is more important: knowing about אלהים God OR knowing אלהים God ?

Matthew 7:21-23 LEB  (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: יהוה as Lord) => “Not everyone who says to me, ‘יהוה Lord, יהוה Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘יהוה Lord, יהוה Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many miracles in your name?’ And then I will say to them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 LEB => If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have ❤️love, I have become a ringing brass gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and I know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can remove mountains, but do not have ❤️love, I am nothing. And if I parcel out all my possessions, and if I hand over my body in order that I will be burned, but do not have ❤️love, it benefits me nothing. ❤️Love is patient, ❤️love is kind, ❤️love is not jealous, it does not boast, it does not become conceited, it does not behave dishonorably, it is not selfish, it does not become angry, it does not keep a record of wrongs, it does not rejoice at unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. ❤️Love never ends. But if there are prophecies, they will pass away. If there are tongues, they will cease. If there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but whenever the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside the things of a child. For now we see through a mirror indirectly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know completely, just as I have also been completely known. And now these three things remain: faith, hope, and ❤️love. But the greatest of these is ❤️love.

1 John 4:7-5:4 LEB (with Hebrew word usually translated by Jewish scholars in LXX: אלהים as God) => Dear friends, let us ❤️love one another, because ❤️love is from אלהים God, and everyone who ❤️loves has been fathered by אלהים God and knows אלהים God. The one who does not ❤️love does not know אלהים God, because אלהים God is ❤️love. By this the ❤️love of אלהים God is revealed in us: that אלהים God sent his one and only Son into the world in order that we may live through him. In this is ❤️love: not that we have ❤️loved אלהים God, but that he ❤️loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Dear friends, if אלהים God ❤️loved us in this way, we also ought to ❤️love one another. No one has seen אלהים God at any time. If we ❤️love one another, אלהים God resides in us and his ❤️love is perfected in us. By this we know that we reside in him and he in us: that he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of אלהים God, אלהים God resides in him and he in אלהים God. And we have come to know and have believed the ❤️love that אלהים God has in us. אלהים God is ❤️love, and the one who resides in ❤️love resides in אלהים God, and אלהים God resides in him. By this ❤️love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment, because just as that one is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in ❤️love, but perfect ❤️love drives out fear, because fear includes punishment, and the one who is afraid has not been perfected in ❤️love. We ❤️love, because he first ❤️loved us. If anyone says, “I ❤️love אלהים God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar, for the one who does not ❤️love his brother whom he has seen is not able to ❤️love אלהים God whom he has not seen. And this is the commandment we have from him: that the one who ❤️loves אלהים God should ❤️love his brother also. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been fathered by אלהים God, and everyone who ❤️loves the father also ❤️loves the child fathered by him. By this we know that we ❤️love the children of אלהים God: whenever we ❤️love אלהים God and keep his commandments. For this is the ❤️love of אלהים God: that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome, because everyone who is fathered by אלהים God conquers the world. And this is the victory which has conquered the world: our faith.

If I meet @C Mc , @Wolfgang , @BroRando , @Truth , @Bill_Coley , @Jan , ... in person, I can smile 😍& honestly look at you, saying: "I see the image of God in you. You are Special. God Loves You. Does God like our sin ? NO! God Loves us."

🙏 Praying for God's Holy Healing in all life domains: heart (emotional), mind (mental), soul (social), strength (physical), & worship (spiritual) along with God's mercy to be poured out plus justice done 🙏 while weeping 😭 with those who are weeping 😭& 😍 Rejoicing with those Rejoicing 😍 (five life domains can be remembered by using five fingers so my hands can mesh fingers together for remembering to ❤️Love God with all my heart, all my mind, all my soul, & all my strength with index fingers pointing up for Holy Worship☝️while 🙏 praying for many, many people)

🙏 Praying for God's Holy Presence ❤️to be experienced: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Humility, Self-Control 🙏

Thankful God chooses who, what, where, & when, to heal ❤️😍 🙏 Praying for many, especially Jesus is יהוה Lord אלהים God believers & human enemies, so some freely receive God's Holy Healing ❤️(for spiritual enemies, includes Breath The Holy opening eyes to truly see so human can choose what to ❤️ Love most). Praying for Watchtower Society repentance from deceptive sins with conversion to truly Love ❤️God the most.

Keep Smiling 😊

• @Keep_Smiling_4_Jesus 🙏 Praying for God's Holy Presence ❤️to be experienced: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Humility, Self-Control 🙏

"I am sending an Angel ahead of you to guard you on the Way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared. Pay attention to him, and obey his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgressions, because My Name is in Him." (Exodus 23:20-21)

"For that reason I will assign him a portion among the many, And he will apportion the spoil with the mighty, Because he poured out his life even to death And was counted among the transgressors; He carried the sin of many people, And he interceded for the transgressors." (Isaiah 53:12)

• Truth
    edited December 2021

"I am sending an Angel ahead of you to guard you on the Way and to bring you into the place that I have prepared.

A lovely blessing. Thanks for that.

If I meet @C Mc , @Wolfgang , @BroRando , @Truth , @Bill_Coley , @Jan , ... in person, I can smile 😍& honestly look at you, saying: "I see the image of God in you. You are Special. God Loves You. Does God like our sin ? NO! God Loves us."

You captured something beautiful there. If we can just learn to see what God loves so much, He was willing to give His only begotten Son to die for us. That thing God loves is in everyone. I want to see it. In beholding it, we can know more of the heart of God. We can learn to see each other, not in sin, but redeemed. Then, our faults and foibles, even our sins become exhibitions of the glory and grace of God.

For you all:

“May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it, and may you be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.” (Ephesians 3:16, NLT)

• Truth

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. —Ps 34:8

May each one who reads this taste and see the Lord’s goodness. May He be your refuge in time of trouble.