Contacting the Old CD Crew

dct112685
dct112685 Posts: 1,114

Anyone know how to get hold of some of the people who were on FL CD? People like Bill Coley, Alex, Tyron, etc?

Comments

• simsrw73
    simsrw73 Posts: 8
    edited January 2018

Maybe the faithlife group?

Or maybe not. I posted too quickly, without checking it out. I thought it might be tied to the forum membership. But it doesn't have a member list or permission to post an announcement.

It'd be nice to have Faithlife give their official blessing, explicit permission for the name and graphics, redirect the old forum url, and send out an email and/or blog.

It wouldn't to make an announcement on the Logos forums. The discussion there was kinda buried in a thread.

Post edited by simsrw73 on
  • dct112685

Half of those members were never on the Logos Forums anyway.

My ultimate hope is that FL actually fix CD, too much history to just go to wash. But we will just have to see what happens.

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@davidtaylorjr said:
    Anyone know how to get hold of some of the people who were on FL CD? People like Bill Coley, Alex, Tyron, etc?

When you wish upon a star, you might find out where some are. Thanks for the shout out, David.

(The image associated with my ID here is from early in the morning, before my shower. It's not a good look. Sadly, it's all down hill the rest of the day. :) )

• dct112685

@bcoley said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

When you wish upon a star, you might find out where some are. Thanks for the shout out, David.

(The image associated with my ID here is from early in the morning, before my shower. It's not a good look. Sadly, it's all down hill the rest of the day. :) )

Glad to see you Bill. Not going to lie, I've missed our discussions, sometimes cordial, sometimes heated, always passionate.

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362
    edited January 2018

Tyrone Howard and Will Scholten have youtube channels. If someone is registered there we could let them know via PM.

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 301

@davidtaylorjr said:
    My ultimate hope is that FL actually fix CD, too much history to just go to wash. But we will just have to see what happens.

The loss of the history of the original CD really comes close to a disaster. Some of the discussions were extremely good and thought-provoking.

I truly hope that the launch of this forum has not been counterproductive in FL's motivation to bring the original forum back.

• dct112685

@Jan said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

The loss of the history of the original CD really comes close to a disaster. Some of the discussions were extremely good and thought-provoking.

I truly hope that the launch of this forum has not been counterproductive in FL's motivation to bring the original forum back.

I hope so too, but it's been over a month so I don't think it is high on their priority list...

• HamiltonR
    HamiltonR Posts: 7
    edited November 2020

Just curious:

Is there a way to have a list of the emails of the regular CD posters for further reference and in case there are particular consults one wants to make?

Just to mention some of the ones I remember making me think hard and deep:

Bill Coley, BK Mitchell, Lu, Gao Lu, there are probably others I do not remember right now.

Then it would be also good to get the email of Jan, KS4J, Blair L (which I invited to this site by FL messaging), etc.

I do have some pdf out of old FL CD posts.

My email: hramosicaza@yahoo.com

You can find it in FL also.

Some must sure remember me, I am the one at the very fringe of the Orthodoxy envelope...LOL

Very few of the old posts I have in rtfd (Text).

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@HamiltonR posted:

Is there a way to have a list of the emails of the regular CD posters for further reference and in case there are particular consults one wants to make?

Welcome, Hamilton! I recognized your name, but not till I saw your picture did I remember the many satisfying exchanges I had with you in the old CD forums. I hope we have a chance to create equally satisfying and enlightening exchanges during our time together in these forums.

Blessings to you and welcome.

• HamiltonR
    HamiltonR Posts: 7
    edited November 2020

Yes Bill, hopefully we can explore interesting topics even if through a dim tainted glass, LOL. But, seriously how have you been?, heard of any of the other posters?

• Jan
    Jan Posts: 301

Welcome back, Hamilton!

With several new old members back, maybe, the forum will revive. It's definitely not as dead as it was before.

I've mainly been monitoring that discussions go orderly, and applying forum updates whenever necessary, since I've been busy with my seminary degree, and building a YouTube channel (which causes endless discussions with atheists in the comments section...)

Once time permits, I'll be more active here again too.

@HamiltonR wrote:

Then it would be also good to get the email of Jan, KS4J, Blair L (which I invited to this site by FL messaging), etc.

My email is not particularly secret: jan@vic-fontaine.com

As for the others, please don't share their emails publicly unless they give consent.