Why Should Ballots Count After The Election?

If you were mailing in your ballot you should have done it early enough to get it there on time.

Mail in ballots shouldn't be the norm, even in a pandemic. This is just a Democrat Ploy to steal the election.

For that matter, we shouldn't have early voting at all. We have election day for a reason!

Comments

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@reformed posted:

If you were mailing in your ballot you should have done it early enough to get it there on time.

Unless, of course, the laws in your state - and election laws ARE state matters - guarantee that your mail-in ballot WILL be counted if it is postmarked on or before election day and then is received within a given number of days after the election. In my view, registered voters whose votes are cast in accordance with their states' laws should have their votes counted. Do you disagree?

Mail in ballots shouldn't be the norm, even in a pandemic. This is just a Democrat Ploy to steal the election.

There is NO evidence - NONE - that mail-in ballots (such as used by the president and his family - see image below - and by our nation's military service members) contribute in ANY way to the theft of elections. Mail-in ballots allow citizens an alternative way to practice their constitutional right to vote. They have been used since the Civil War WITHOUT any pattern or practice of fraud. Your claim is false.

For that matter, we shouldn't have early voting at all. We have election day for a reason!

There is no sensible reason to restrict Americans' right to vote, and every reason to make voting as easy and accessible as possible. I pray you believe that the performance of a democracy is directly proportional to the level of participation of its citizenry. That is, the more who vote, the better. In my experience, the only category of people who ever seem to believe that voting should be restricted is those who fear the outcome of elections in which more people vote.

I'm a staunch Democrat. Last Sunday I told our congregation in no uncertain terms that I didn't care a whit about whom they voted for, but that they should vote. I told them to vote their principles, or passions, or political party, or their support for candidates, or their opposition to candidates... just vote. I want EVERY ELIGIBLE CITIZEN to vote - those who agree with my politics and those who oppose my politics - and I want our laws to make it as convenient and accessible as possible for them to do so. Why in the world would you NOT want to make it as easy as possible for people to vote, including expanding the means and period of voting?

And finally, the photo I offer for your review. Please address your protest of the Trumps' voting practice to the White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, D.C.

• Ballot counting "miracles" ????

someone over here following the live reports posted the various temporary results for Wisconsin .... the indication is rather plain that manipulation is involved, as all evidence from past elections and statistical estimations etc. would indicate differently:

• 06:15 am MEZ - 76% of ballots counted - Trump at 51,73%
    • 07:05 am MEZ - 84% of ballots counted - Trump at 51,16%.
    • 08:50 am MEZ - 92% of ballots counted - Trump at 51,28%

and now with 95% ballots counted all of a sudden at 49,14% ????

Seems like someone went fishing and found a whole lot of votes for Biden ??

• Michigan ... equally "miraculous" ballot counting

Have a careful look at the two charts .... all of a sudden and only in a very short time, another 138.339 votes show up and are all for Biden and none (not even one) for Trump ?????? How stupid do those Democrats party manipulators think people are ????

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2020

This tweet was deleted by Twitter police ??? By the way, he was not dreaming this up nor inventing some conspiracy theory ... it actually happened like that, and I would think that now millions of voters realize that there was not really an election, because one side (the "blue(s) brothers" had it already all worked up and out ....

• why were attempts to have ID checks for voters blocked by the Democrats ??? Can people not count and calculate that 1 +1 = 2 ???

• It seems now rather clear how democrats are trying to steal the election .... have a look

By the hour - so it seems - and over the next few days, the above States will all turned blue as more votes for Biden are “discovered.”

Now perhaps some here will begin to see why there should be no ballots submitted after the election booths have closed ???

• Hmn ... Twitter (https://twitter.com/scotrog/status/1323929415622004736)

Roger Kopet https://twitter.com/re5iGam https://twitter.com/FernFrond5 ...TRUMP BALLOTS....seen, Discarded, all over the country.....

(Twitter police has already deleted these tweets as well?)

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

No early voting, period. No Mail-in ballots. Absentee ballots are not mail in ballots and they are PROVISIONAL. Everyone else who does not have a legitimate reason to vote absentee which is most Americans need to get their butt to the polls on Election Day. If that means long lines so be it!

• Bill_Coley

@reformed posted:

No early voting, period. No Mail-in ballots. Absentee ballots are not mail in ballots and they are PROVISIONAL. Everyone else who does not have a legitimate reason to vote absentee which is most Americans need to get their butt to the polls on Election Day. If that means long lines so be it!

I encourage you to advocate for these changes to your state's legislature and governor (I'm assuming that your state, like most states, offers some form of early voting). I also encourage you to acknowledge that in the United States, voting procedures are decided by individual states, which means the procedures in your state may not be the same as the procedures in other states.

Absentee ballots are not mail-in ballots? Well, true, except that many/most absentee ballots ARE mailed in when completed. In this pandemic-riddled election year, some states decided to offer no-excuse absentee ballots, which in effect transformed them into mail-in ballots (a.k.a. vote by mail). What matters is that in our decentralized election system, states have the right to make such changes. I respect your disagreement, but under our current system, your recourse is to advocate for changes to your own state's laws and, via Congress, for changes on a national level.

Are absentee ballots "provisional" ballots? No. Provisional ballots are those completed by voters who are unable to demonstrate their eligibility to vote on election day. State procedures for handling provisional ballots vary, of course, but in general, they are set aside for later adjudication. The provisional ballots of voters judged eligible to vote are then counted and included in final vote tallies, while the provisional ballots of voters deemed ineligible to vote are not added to final counts.

Absentee ballots have nothing to do with voter eligibility unless, for example, a voter claims to have requested, but not received or cast, an absentee ballot, in which case he or she could be given a provisional ballot. But in form and purpose, absentee ballots are NOT provisional ballots.

And I repeat the questions I posed to you earlier in this thread:

• In my view, registered voters whose votes are cast in accordance with their states' laws should have their votes counted. Do you disagree?
    • Why in the world would you NOT want to make it as easy as possible for people to vote, including expanding the means and period of voting?

• Bill_Coley

@Wolfgang posted:

Hmn ... Twitter (https://twitter.com/scotrog/status/1323929415622004736)

Roger Kopet https://twitter.com/re5iGam https://twitter.com/FernFrond5 ...TRUMP BALLOTS....seen, Discarded, all over the country.....

(Twitter police has already deleted these tweets as well?)

I think it was SO polite of the "criminals" who "DISCARDED" all those "TRUMP BALLOTS" to leave them out in the open and so neatly stacked. Most people who were throwing away ballots would throw them haphazardly into a ditch or the woods, well out of sight. I don't know about German election thieves, but those in the U.S. DO mind their manners!

Oh, and because I'm something of an accuracy freak, I have to point out that in the picture you posted, Wolfgang, there isn't a single ballot to be seen. I see a Best Buy circular (I like Best Buy, but you can't vote there). I see lots of copies of a magazine-style publication whose most prominent feature is an ad on the back that highlights the quality service of a hospital's emergency room. And I see bundled collections of variously-sized pieces of mail which are VERY likely not "TRUMP BALLOTS" because all ballots would be the same size, but I don't see a single actual ballot.

And then there's the small, meager, and minor issue of how anyone could know that any ballots actually in those cartons are "TRUMP BALLOTS" (even though not a single ballot can be seen in them). Did those "TRUMP" voters so badly mishandle their ballots that they failed to seal them in envelopes, and left their votes for TRUMP exposed for all to see? (Oh, but the thieves opened the ballots, saw votes for TRUMP, and THEN pitched them!... even though not a single ballot can be seen in the cartons. I can't argue with that air tight logic.)

I don't celebrate Twitter's policing of feeds, but there are MAJOR negative consequences to our society when people post blazingly false and misleading tweets such as the one from which this image was taken, consequences that arise because, for whatever reason(s), there are people who believe and then act upon the falsehoods attached to the tweets. The result is increasingly heightened, dangerous, and unnecessary social unrest.

President Trump lies daily in his Twitter feed (and in his every other public utterance). Twitter is right to delete, or at least flag, his lies. Truth is that important.

• oh oh .... here is some more on the same matter in Michigan

USA Today tries now to explain the strange happening not as the BBC before; USA Today propagates instead that there simply was no “data entry error” and neither did any election official admit to such => https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/04/fact-check-typo-led-false-post-michigan-votes-biden/6164385002/ 

According to USA Today, there never were 130k vote for Biden added, but instead it was “an apparent typo on a lone national media site” ... and this typo error report was then picked up by social media and eventually of course also by the President.  In effect, this USA Today news story claims that there were no additional 130k votes for Biden that suddenly appeared in the results listings. Instead, out of nowhere the sizable lead of Trump with about that many votes all of a sudden disappeared. Seems like magicians are at work big time ???

This way the USA Today folks are in reality declaring that the BBC "fact checker" journalist must be rather incompetent, or possibly deceivers or who knows what else. When looking at the two news stories, I would simply estimate that they are both poor attempts at a coverup and amount to nothing more than straight forward propaganda lies.