Who are the "stupids" nowadays ?

Comments

• I would say that stupid people (seriously uninformed individuals or logical challenged individuals) are those who claim and believe that their translation is somehow objectively better the original language document. Their translation/s may well be far more convient for them personally if they can not comprehended the original, but that does not make translations somehow more superior or accurate than the original language document that their translation was translated from in the first place.

We, may not have a cure for Covid as of yet, but we do have some great news for those living in the Anglosphere:

"monolingualism can be cured"!

• @Mitchell Their translation/s may well be far more convient for them personally if they can not comprehended the original, but that does not make translations somehow more superior or accurate than the original language document that their translation was translated from in the first place.

Well said ... From decades of experience I would say that a translation will always be of necessity inferior to the original language speech/document/etc.

Since I am bi-lingual, I have haardly ever translated any of my teachings from German to English or visa verse. Instead, I taught the same content as original in each language, depending on the situation (when visiting an English speaking congregation, teaching on "Topic Whatever" in English, when in a German congregation in Geman

• Thank you for the feedback!

@Wolfgang I have haardly ever translated any of my teachings from German to English or visa verse. Instead, I taught the same content as original in each language, depending on the situation

I like your approach and I believe it is clear evidence of a truly bi-lingual and intercultural individual.