Prophetess Greta ... changed her expertise

Comments

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang posted:

Well, howdy cowgirls and cowboys .... she saddled another horse....but rides in the same PANIC direction ....

As a rule, I'm not nearly as interested in (or concerned by) the opinions of private citizens such as Ms. Thunberg, however publicly distributed their views or in- or out of line theirs are with mine, as I am with the opinions of public officials such as Donald Trump, the president of the United States, who yesterday said this about his country's COVID-19 testing regimen:

“So we have the best testing in the world. It could be the testing’s, frankly, overrated? Maybe it is overrated.... And don’t forget, we have more cases than anybody in the world. But why? Because we do more testing. When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.”

To my understanding of them, Mr. Trump's words have only two possible interpretations:

1. He believes testing causes COVID-19.
    2. He believes the U.S. would be in a better place today were there not so many tests being conducted because the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases would be lower.

Both of those interpretations of Mr Trump's remarks testify to a moronic and, because he's a public official and the leader of the country in which I live, therefore unnerving level of intelligence/stupidity.

Bottom line: Ride 'em, Greta... and take us with you.

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Or the reality that increased testing does not in fact keep anyone safer or save lives. All of this is nonsense and why do idiots keep giving Greta airtime? She has zero qualifications or credentials to talk about anything that she gets airtime for.

• Bill_Coley
    edited May 2020

@reformed posted:

Or the reality that increased testing does not in fact keep anyone safer or save lives. 

Cite and link to ANY established epidemiological authority - in your words, someone who has "qualifications and credentials" - who believes as you do, that increased testing "does not in fact keep anyone safer or save lives."

Literally EVERY epidemiological expert I've heard or read during this pandemic has stated unequivocally that the more testing a state or nation conducts, the more knowledge that state or nation has as to where the contagion is, and hence, where to intensify, maintain, and back off of its mitigation efforts. EVERY expert I've read says that decisions about re-opening states and areas within states are wiser and likely more successful the more testing that informs them. In addition, testing and follow-up contact tracing is a critical element of every recognized mitigation strategy. The more testing, then, the more comprehensive and effective the contact tracing.

You clearly disagree. Demonstrate the failure(s) of my analysis and cite for us ANY established epidemiological authority who agrees with you.

• Cite and link to ANY established epidemiological authority - in your words, someone who has "qualifications and credentials" - who believes as you do, that increased testing "does not in fact keep anyone safer or save lives."

I had mentioned and provided links to various "corona panic" critical information .... but perhaps it wasn't in English?

A reeal problem is that somehow the panic makers are in essence painting a picture as if a person was a guilty culprit of knowingly or unknowingly causing an infection of another person or persons ... FALSE!!! If I get sick and become infected it is ME who is responsible, not the other person. I am responsible for my health situation in they type of matters. Or have things by now been so twisted, corrupted and insanely normalized that I could now sue another person who was found to have had the virus - BUT PERHAPS WAS NOT EVEN SICK !!! - and whose path crossed mine for inflicting bodily harm on me????????

Seeming insanity reigns supreme in far too many places and heads ...

• Bill_Coley

@Wolfgang posted:

I had mentioned and provided links to various "corona panic" critical information .... but perhaps it wasn't in English?

I should not have phrased my request the way I did. YES, one can find medical professionals who don't believe more testing saves lives and ultimately make more people safer. I take the point. HOWEVER, the overwhelming consensus among epidemiologists and other medical people skilled in the applied fields says that the more you test, the better you know where the virus is, who needs to quarantine, and whom to pursue in contact tracing. It's common sense - no medical acumen required- to say that the more we know about the extent and spread of a pandemic, the more targeted can be our mitigation efforts.

I watched one of the interviews included in your most recent collection of COVID-19 "data." The doctor's prescription for the U.S. is dubious, to be kind. But that's for another time.

A reeal problem is that somehow the panic makers are in essence painting a picture as if a person was a guilty culprit of knowingly or unknowingly causing an infection of another person or persons ... FALSE!!! If I get sick and become infected it is ME who is responsible, not the other person. I am responsible for my health situation in they type of matters.

Given that asymptomatic spread occurs with COVID-19, the idea of holding people "guilty" for infections is not very useful. If I contract the virus from an asymptomatic person, neither one of us is to "blame" for my disease; it just happened. On the other hand, the subject of THIS REPORT, a woman claimed to be COVID-19 positive who spit in the face of a nurse, deserves to punished for her action.

Or have things by now been so twisted, corrupted and insanely normalized that I could now sue another person who was found to have had the virus - BUT PERHAPS WAS NOT EVEN SICK !!! - and whose path crossed mine for inflicting bodily harm on me????????

Perhaps where you live such litigiousness is on the rise, but I don't hear much of it in the U.S.

Seeming insanity reigns supreme in far too many places and heads ...

The resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave in Washington, DC appears to want to "reign supreme in far too many places." Launch your insanity eradication efforts with him, please.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2020

HOWEVER, the overwhelming consensus among epidemiologists and other medical people skilled in the applied fields

There are overwhelming numbers of learned and skilled theologians who are saying all kinds of things ....

says that the more you test, the better you know where the virus is, who needs to quarantine, and whom to pursue in contact tracing.

Yes, the more you test. the more you may know where the virus is ... the more of the general public HEALTHY people) is being targeted with restricting measures because "unless all are restricted, controlled and vaccinated, they could become dangerous carriers of a deadly virus". Actually, following such "experts" stupidity thinking, the "best" solution would be "to get rid of as many of these "danger prospects" ??????

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

Yeah the "overwhelming consensus" is also that Global Warming is manmade and a thing and evolution (macro) actually happens. I don't have much use for scientific consensus on things that logically don't make sense.

• Bill_Coley

@Wolfgang posted:

There are overwhelming numbers of learned and skilled theologians who are saying all kinds of things ....

I struggle without success to find the relevance of what "overwhelming numbers of learned and skilled theologians" might say to our discussion of how best to address a global pandemic.

Yes, the more you test. the more you may know where the virus is ... 

We've found common ground.

...the more of the general public HEALTHY people) is being targeted with restricting measures because "unless all are restricted, controlled and vaccinated, they could become dangerous carriers of a deadly virus".

Despite the tabloidian manner of its expression, this statement speaks a form of the truth: Given current reality, people who don't restrict/control/adjust their behaviors - who don't wash hands, cover coughs, practice social distancing, etc - COULD become carriers of a deadly virus. And a vaccine WILL make a profound difference.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2020

I struggle without success to find the relevance of what "overwhelming numbers of learned and skilled theologians" might say to our discussion of how best to address a global pandemic.

It has to do with you earlier post and its comment about the validity of majority view .... and was simply to provide an example that majority views are not necessarily valid truth.

Despite the tabloidian manner of its expression, this statement speaks a form of the truth: Given current reality, people who don't restrict/control/adjust their behaviors - who don't wash hands, cover coughs, practice social distancing, etc - COULD become carriers of a deadly virus.

I have a hard time having an intimate relationship with my wife by practicing social distancing (keeping a government regime ordered 6 feet apart), perhaps you do't? I have a hard time embracing my granddaughters at 6 feet distance and explaining to them that according to government regime "wisdom" I might now in 2020 be a deadly danger to them.

Other normal hygienic steps as you mention, we here practice all the time and have practiced since being taught as a child !!! And by those measures, humanity has EFFECTIVELY managed to overcome with its installed immunity system any respiratory virus epidemic, which occur EVERY YEAR.

I do not need government/regime stupidity and fake prescriptions on how I MUST keep total non-sense social distancing or else be fined €50. When the FRG president arrives in hiss limousine, the security folks get out of the car with masks on, position themselves in double and triple social distance with their "face condoms" and the president gets out of the car without (!) mask, passes by them without (!) prescribed social distancing, etc etc etc ... who is the stupid here? Then, the regime idiots show themselves in open air and where it is not(!) mandated with their "muzzles" while the camera is on in an interview and take off the muzzle the moment the camera is off ....hmn.

The whole "pandemic" has been and continues to be a make fake "PLANdemic" as welcome coverup for crashing the economy and having duping the people. The one's responsible for the problem are making themselves now out to be the Messiahs having the remedy and bringing "salvation".

Heyy, ever noticed that - by now it is quite obvious - the whole matter is steered and organized by a central higher power in the background, seeing that all kinds of regimes over the world are taking exactly the same and/or very similar steps propagating the pandemic and urging on the same "Draconian restrictions" and the same "collateral damages" (which are far worse than the supposed benefit. How can it be that measures are taken where the treatment is producing worse and even deadlier results than the illness? When you have a mosquito sitting on the car window, do you take a hammer and smash the mosquito with it because the authorities order such treatment under threat of severe $penalty?