Guns In Churches? Where is God?

C Mc
C Mc Posts: 4,463
edited January 2019 in News & Current Events

Churchgoers in Virginia could soon legally bring their guns alongside their Bible after a bill cleared the state Senate last week and sparked a heated debate about whether packing heat could help save lives -- or is a slap in the face of God.

The bill passed on strictly partisan lines -- 21 Republicans supported it and 19 Democrats opposed it. But the debate was turned heated. The bill would repeal a law that reportedly dates back to colonial times, which makes it a misdemeanor to carry "a gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger, or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place", in the state of Va.

------------    -------    ------------    ------------

Why are we making the place of worship and "Houses of God" War Zones? God is not enough? Guns Were Made To Kill. Who doesn't know that? CHURCHES BE "GUN-FREE ZONES". It appears Republicans everywhere, don't know what to do with power, shows signs of ungodliness. "More guns, in more places, in more hands", leads to more carnage, deaths, the massacre of the innocent, seniors, and children.

Who is behind this foolishness of weaponizing churches and the arming of pastors? With some research, it may prove that the NRA is behind it and the encouragement of gun sales. After all, handguns are more popular than before. At the same time, more children and family members are killed. Today's Christians seem to be spiritual stooges for extreme right-wing politicians. See my past threads and posts on guns. God has not called Christians out of darkness to be promoters and executioners of societal wrongs.

Bibles belong in the pulpit, not guns! CD Users, speak up and speak out about the desecration of churches, traumatizing members, and the deputizing deacons and ushers. Our churches should be a fortress of truth with the Word as its shield and protector. God will take care of His people. Let's not put our trust in guns and bullets, but in prayer, praise, fellowship, and heavenly hope. Stand for truth, safety, and the presence of a holy God. CM

Comments

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176

@C_M_ said:
    Churchgoers in Virginia could soon legally bring their guns alongside their Bible after a bill cleared the state Senate last week and sparked a heated debate about whether packing heat could help save lives -- or is a slap in the face of God.

The bill passed on strictly partisan lines -- 21 Republicans supported it and 19 Democrats opposed it. But the debate was turned heated. The bill would repeal a law that reportedly dates back to colonial times, which makes it a misdemeanor to carry "a gun, pistol, bowie knife, dagger, or other dangerous weapon, without good and sufficient reason, to a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place", in the state of Va.

------------    -------    ------------    ------------

Why are we making the place of worship and "Houses of God" War Zones? God is not enough? Guns Were Made To Kill. Who doesn't know that? CHURCHES BE "GUN-FREE ZONES". It appears Republicans everywhere, don't know what to do with power, shows signs of ungodliness. "More guns, in more places, in more hands", leads to more carnage, deaths, the massacre of the innocent, seniors, and children.

Who is behind this foolishness of weaponizing churches and the arming of pastors? With some research, it may prove that the NRA is behind it and the encouragement of gun sales. After all, handguns are more popular than before. At the same time, more children and family members are killed. Today's Christians seem to be spiritual stooges for extreme right-wing politicians. See my past threads and posts on guns. God has not called Christians out of darkness to be promoters and executioners of societal wrongs.

Bibles belong in the pulpit, not guns! CD Users, speak up and speak out about the desecration of churches, traumatizing members, and the deputizing deacons and ushers. Our churches should be a fortress of truth with the Word as its shield and protector. God will take care of His people. Let's not put our trust in guns and bullets, but in prayer, praise, fellowship, and heavenly hope. Stand for truth, safety, and the presence of a holy God. CM

Funny, in SC there is a law still on the books that require men over 16 to carry a rifle to Sunday service to ward off Indian attacks.

That being said, that law that is repealed couldn't date back to colonial times. Bowie wasn't born until 1796...

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Funny, in SC there is a law still on the books that require men over 16 to carry a rifle to Sunday service to ward off Indian attacks.

That being said, that law that is repealed couldn't date back to colonial times. Bowie wasn't born until 1796...

Reformed,
    Regardless of time or place, Guns were made to kill. The outcome is the same. The SC Law of "a rifle" was due to the then "Churchgoers" for their Trump-like behavior toward the Native American Indians: Stolen lands, broken treaties, mistreatment of Indian women, and the killing of their men.

In view of such criminal behavior and then, drafting laws to protect one's ill-gotten gains, I can understand, but in no way justify such law. Unfortunately, there're some of the same things are going on in America today; albeit, dressed in different clothing, places, and legal wording. Haven't men learn anything over the years? Guns were made to kill! CM

PS. Please don't say that SC Rifle Law was to protect church members from "lions, tigers, and bears". Oh, my! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Reformed,
    Regardless of time or place, Guns were made to kill. The outcome is the same. The SC Law of "a rifle" was due to the then "Churchgoers" for their Trump-like behavior toward the Native American Indians: Stolen lands, broken treaties, mistreatment of Indian women, and the killing of their men.

In view of such criminal behavior and then, drafting laws to protect one's ill-gotten gains, I can understand, but in no way justify such law. Unfortunately, there're some of the same things are going on in America today; albeit, dressed in different clothing, places, and legal wording. Haven't men learn anything over the years? Guns were made to kill! CM

PS. Please don't say that SC Rifle Law was to protect church members from "lions, tigers, and bears". Oh, my! CM

And how about the fact that the law you said is being replaced COULDN'T HAVE gone back to colonial times?

• C Mc

@reformed said:

Reformed,

And how about the fact that the law you said is being replaced COULDN'T HAVE gone back to colonial times?

I am sorry, the statement, "The bill would repeal a law that reportedly dates back to colonial times, which makes it a misdemeanor..." are the words of the Va. reporter or writer and not mine. See the source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-could-allow-guns-in-churches-debate-gets-heated

So, you see, your focus on, "... a law that is repealed couldn't date back to colonial times. Bowie wasn't born until 1796...", is majoring in minors. Guns in churches killing (in the past, Indians) before, during or after church services are the main things. Guns were made to kill! CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Reformed,

I am sorry, the statement, "The bill would repeal a law that reportedly dates back to colonial times, which makes it a misdemeanor..." are the words of the Va. reporter or writer and not mine. See the source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-could-allow-guns-in-churches-debate-gets-heated

So, you see, your focus on, "... a law that is repealed couldn't date back to colonial times. Bowie wasn't born until 1796...", is majoring in minors. Guns in churches killing (in the past, Indians) before, during or after church services are the main things. Guns were made to kill! CM

No its not. It is about telling the truth.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

What am I, in your opinion, I am not telling the truth about? Why such a law (SC) If church members weren't prepared to kill Indians before, during or after church services. Stay with the truth and reality. Even today, some churches and schools are prepared to do killing before, during or after...

Thank God, NY State is voting against guns in the schools. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

What am I, in your opinion, I am not telling the truth about? Why such a law (SC) If church members weren't prepared to kill Indians before, during or after church services. Stay with the truth and reality. Even today, some churches and schools are prepared to do killing before, during or after...

Telling the truth about when laws came about. Telling the truth about what it means to have guns in churches and schools. Self-defense is not murder. Believe it or not, there are appropriate times to take the life of a human being in a manner that is in accord with Scripture.

• C Mc

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Telling the truth about when laws came about. Telling the truth about what it means to have guns in churches and schools.

Reformed,

This I have done and you know it. Guns kill! The Native Americans were mistreated by Anglo-immigrants (invaders). Your putting on a show for the public is misleading. History is on my side. Look it up.

@reformed said: "...Believe it or not, there are appropriate times to take the life of a human being in a manner that is in accord with Scripture".

Listen to yourself! It appears you're endorsing capital punishment, every homeowner an executioner, and abortion. Wow, I am seeing now what the love of guns will do and bring out in a man. You're truly reformed, Mr. Reformed. Don't be ashamed, own your positions. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

@C_M_ said:

Telling the truth about when laws came about. Telling the truth about what it means to have guns in churches and schools.

Reformed,

This I have done and you know it. Guns kill! The Native Americans were mistreated by Anglo-immigrants (invaders). Your putting on a show for the public is misleading. History is on my side. Look it up.

@reformed said: "...Believe it or not, there are appropriate times to take the life of a human being in a manner that is in accord with Scripture".

Listen to yourself! It appears you're endorsing capital punishment, every homeowner an executioner, and abortion. Wow, I am seeing now what the love of guns will do and bring out in a man. You're truly reformed, Mr. Reformed. Don't be ashamed, own your positions. CM

Yes I wholeheartedly endorse the biblical practice of Capital Punishment. I endorse wholeheartedly self-defense (also biblical). I am disgusted that you are charging me with endorsing abortion which I most definitely do not.

I'm not ashamed of my positions. I fully embrace biblical teaching.

• C Mc

@reformed said:
    Yes I wholeheartedly endorse the biblical practice of Capital Punishment. I endorse wholeheartedly self-defense (also biblical). I am disgusted that you are charging me with endorsing abortion which I most definitely do not.

Don't you think America has experienced enough deaths: Wars, accidents, crimes, and hate groups many using guns?

Thanks for pointing out that abortion is not killing. A person must exist in order to be killed or died. Oops! Thanks for the correction.

As for endorsing "wholeheartedly self-defense" all men are killers is sad. Your reasoning for making all men killers are not biblical. History has shown many have used your positions to justify lynchings, pogroms, and hate groups to mistreat and the killing of minorities. Again, guns taking the lead to destroy lives. All men are not members of the militia. Perhaps, you may want to rethink your positions. In doing so, review American history and the destruction caused by gun usage (wars, crimes, and the so-called "Stand-your-ground" laws). CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:

@reformed said:

Don't you think America has experienced enough deaths: Wars, accidents, crimes, and hate groups many using guns?

Yes, but guns do not cause those things.

Thanks for pointing out that abortion is not killing. A person must exist in order to be killed or died. Oops! Thanks for the correction.

That is not what I said AT ALL. Abortion IS KILLING. It is MURDER.

As for endorsing "wholeheartedly self-defense" all men are killers is sad. Your reasoning for making all men killers are not biblical. History has shown many have used your positions to justify lynchings, pogroms, and hate groups to mistreat and the killing of minorities. Again, guns taking the lead to destroy lives. All men are not members of the militia. Perhaps, you may want to rethink your positions. In doing so, review American history and the destruction caused by gun usage (wars, crimes, and the so-called "Stand-your-ground" laws). CM

Not biblical? Really, the OT disagrees with you. Exodus 22:2-3

No, my position cannot be used to justify lynchings and the like. Stop the propaganda.

• C Mc

Mr. Reformed,
    I appreciate your softer tone in your exchanges with me. However, your responses raised more questions of your positions than you answered. Your posts bring to mind three threads to be started:

1. OT Laws-- what is relevant today?
    2. The worth or the value of human life vs an item in the home?
    3. Abortion -- Killing the non-existence, how is that possible?

Don't attempt to answer them here. Start a thread for each, if you're inclined to do so. It's good to give each topic a full airing. See you around the forums. CM

• reformed

@C_M_ said:
    Mr. Reformed,
    I appreciate your softer tone in your exchanges with me. However, your responses raised more questions of your positions than you answered. Your posts bring to mind three threads to be started:

1. OT Laws-- what is relevant today?

The Moral laws. We no longer follow the purification/ritual laws.

1. The worth or the value of human life vs an item in the home?

Did I say human life vs an item in your home? No.

1. Abortion -- Killing the non-existence, how is that possible?

You aren't killing non-existence. You are killing a human being.

Don't attempt to answer them here. Start a thread for each, if you're inclined to do so. It's good to give each topic a full airing. See you around the forums. CM

If you ask the question here I am going to answer it here. If you want a new thread you feel free to start one.