The Serpent in Genesis 3: An ordinary Snake or A Supernatural Animal?
Genesis 3 speaks of a snake:
- What kind of serpent (snake) was it?
- Was it a supernatural being or animal?
- Was it an ordinary snake?
- In light of the biblical account, does the serpent talk or Eve hear voices?
- What other features did the snake in Eden processed or was able to do?
- Did God make all snakes as above and take some things away from them?
By this account, humans didn't fear snakes back then as they fear them today, by most people. Read the complete account about the serpent (Gen. 3:1–4, 14–16). Why are snakes feared today? Is there a message or lessons we can learn in the NT from the serpent's activities in the OT? CM