Pope Denies US President Holy Communion?
Here we go again! I and others would like to know:
- Does a man have the right to deny another to participate in an institution God has established--Holy Communion? Is this a religious overreach?
- What is communion? Is it the same as those with protestant beliefs?
- What does communion means or symbolizes?
- If the Pope denies one communion, today; could it be tomorrow, he can deny baptism and be extreme, heaven?
- To deny one communion, is this biblical?
- Do you get the sense that this denial puts pressure on Biden to conform to the RCC dogma against his will?
- Regardless of the RCC size, does this action or threat of denying one communion reeks with the stench of a cult?
- How could one in another land impose on the moral rights of an American leader?
Why wouldn't he give a clear answer? The church did the same thing with other matters: same-sex marriage, priest marrying, women as pastors, etc. in the end, Church dogmas won out.
Francis declined to give a “yes” or “no” answer, saying he didn’t know the U.S. case well enough. He repeated that abortion was “homicide,” and that Catholic priests cannot give the Eucharist to someone who is not in communion with the church. He cited the case of a Jew, or someone who isn’t baptized or who has fallen away from the church. -- https://apnews.com/article/pope-francis-joe-biden-communion-d58f0eec9ac1a1ff576e38fb85bf532f
Is Mr. Biden a backslidden Catholic? What's there to study? In view of church leaders in America, is the Church divided?
Bishop Michael F. Olson of the Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas, described Mr. Biden’s support for abortion rights, even as he portrays himself as a faithful Catholic, as “gravely scandalous,” and said it led to confusion about church teaching. -- Bishop Michael F. Olson of the Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas, described Mr. Biden’s support for abortion rights, even as he portrays himself as a faithful Catholic, as “gravely scandalous,” and said it led to confusion about church teaching. -- https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/15/world/europe/pope-francis-biden-abortion.html
Presently, at best, Pope Francis is in the middle of the road on this matter. A thing is not until it is ruled upon in the RCC. Therefore my questions above remain with the hope of finding decisive answers. CM