Florida School Shooting-- NRA Christians to Blame?

Comments

• dct112685
    dct112685 Posts: 1,114

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

The organization is about protecting our Constitutional rights.

Are you suggesting using violence against God's civil magistrate?

????

Do you think the purpose of the NRA is to protect the Constitution with guns if necessary?

The NRA is a lobby group to keep the Constitution protected by way of legislation or lack of legislation. What in the world are you talking about?

When you say "protect the Constitution" what do you mean? I can view this in several ways. Stockpiling guns just to show you can do it under the second amendment. Or launching a violent overthrow of any government that tampers with the Constitution.

So I ask, how do you define using guns to protect the Constitution?

Honestly I would support both of those options. That is the reason for the 2nd Ammendment. To protect against enemies both foreign and domestic.

But I actually did not say use guns to protect the Constitution did I? No, what I said was the NRA exists to protect our Constitutional right to bear arms.

Thanks. But if this is the case, the NRA is then in part a "sleeper cell"? And why I originally asked about the possibility of attacking God's Civil Magistrate.

No you are just bat crazy as usual.

If the NRA will use violence to overthrow the Civil Magistrate, where do you as a Christian fit in?

Dave the NRA is not an army. You are using outrageous ideas. Let me ask you this, what is your opinion of the American Revolution?

I don't think the NRA is an army. But I feel uneasy with your position of defending the Constitution with force if they think it necessary. What about the American Revolution? Would you have killed British Christians or Colonial "revolutionary" Christians?

The American Revolution rose up against the civil magistrate. Are you glad we have the United States or not?

• Dave_L
    Dave_L Posts: 2,362

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

????

Do you think the purpose of the NRA is to protect the Constitution with guns if necessary?

The NRA is a lobby group to keep the Constitution protected by way of legislation or lack of legislation. What in the world are you talking about?

When you say "protect the Constitution" what do you mean? I can view this in several ways. Stockpiling guns just to show you can do it under the second amendment. Or launching a violent overthrow of any government that tampers with the Constitution.

Honestly I would support both of those options. That is the reason for the 2nd Ammendment. To protect against enemies both foreign and domestic.

But I actually did not say use guns to protect the Constitution did I? No, what I said was the NRA exists to protect our Constitutional right to bear arms.

Thanks. But if this is the case, the NRA is then in part a "sleeper cell"? And why I originally asked about the possibility of attacking God's Civil Magistrate.

If the NRA will use violence to overthrow the Civil Magistrate, where do you as a Christian fit in?

Dave the NRA is not an army. You are using outrageous ideas. Let me ask you this, what is your opinion of the American Revolution?

I don't think the NRA is an army. But I feel uneasy with your position of defending the Constitution with force if they think it necessary. What about the American Revolution? Would you have killed British Christians or Colonial "revolutionary" Christians?

The American Revolution rose up against the civil magistrate. Are you glad we have the United States or not?

What would Jesus' or Paul's role have been in the Revolution?

• dct112685

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

????

I believe the Bible says to obey those in authority over you, once the local government declared independence they were the new authority and they said to fight. So you tell me.

• Dave_L
    edited February 2018

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@Dave_L said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

????

I believe the Bible says to obey those in authority over you, once the local government declared independence they were the new authority and they said to fight. So you tell me.

Weren't they or any others disobeying God to fight the Civil Magistrate up until the time of his defeat?

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

This is a call to all truly Born-again, baptized, blood-washed, blood-bought, Holy Ghost-filled Christians to LEAVE THE NRA! IT'S THE CHRISTIAN WAY!

JESUS IS THE CHRISTIAN'S PROTECTOR! He has all power, in heaven and on earth, even the power of the resurrection. We fear no man, even the NRA. CM

• Dave_L

@C_M_ said:
    This is a call to all truly Born-again, baptized, blood-washed, blood-bought, Holy Ghost-filled Christians to LEAVE THE NRA! IT'S THE CHRISTIAN WAY!

JESUS IS THE CHRISTIAN'S PROTECTOR! He has all power, in heaven and on earth, even the power of the resurrection. We fear no man, even the NRA. CM

Thanks for saying this!

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

This is ridiculous. It's the Christian way to leave the NRA? Cute little jingle but has no Biblical backing.

• GaoLu
    GaoLu Posts: 1,368

Oh dear! My grandpa is dead already. Do you think he will be in heaven?

Actually, I have no idea if had anything to do with the NRA, but he sure liked his guns, and we always had fresh venison and moose and bear or at least rabbit or pheasant to eat. He wasn't into the gnarly shot-em-up-fast rifles though, so maybe he will be in heaven?

• C Mc

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

This is ridiculous. It's the Christian way to leave the NRA? Cute little jingle but has no Biblical backing.

David,
    Making it convenient for a troubled teen to purchase an assault MR 15 rifle, shooting up a schoolhouse, sissifying Congressmen and women from enacting a gun database, background check, and endorsing the arming of teachers in classrooms are NOT "cute" and has "no Biblical backing." This is downright ridiculous and dangerous! CM

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

@C_M_ said:

David,
    Making it convenient for a troubled teen to purchase an assault MR 15 rifle, shooting up a schoolhouse, sissifying Congressmen and women from enacting a gun database, background check, and endorsing the arming of teachers in classrooms are NOT "cute" and has "no Biblical backing." This is downright ridiculous and dangerous! CM

You realize I agree that there should be regulations that would have prevented Cruz from getting an AR15? I am fine with background checks? I do endorse teachers having concealed carry in the classroom?

Apparently, you don't understand my positions.

• C Mc

I do endorse teachers having concealed carry in the classroom?

It's foolish to arm teachers! Is your church armed? What about your Elders, greeters, ushers, and deacon board? CM

• @C_M_ said:

Seldom read such hate filled non-sense .... and misapplication of Biblical truths

I would like for you to please quote for me the Scipture which teaches that "Jesus is the Christian's Protector" ...

• C Mc
    edited February 2018

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

Seldom read such hate filled non-sense .... and misapplication of Biblical truths

"...Hate-filled non-sense .... and misapplication of Biblical truths", is so because you say it? Are the many companies cutting ties with the NRA the same? They are heeding my call. Are you invested in the NRA? CM

I would like for you to please quote for me the Scipture which teaches that "Jesus is the Christian's Protector" ...

Whatever I say, you believe USA's only protection is the NRA. CM

• @C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

And the scripture I asked you to provide would be?

• dct112685

@C_M_ said:

I do endorse teachers having concealed carry in the classroom?

It's foolish to arm teachers! Is your church armed? What about your Elders, greeters, ushers, and deacon board? CM

How is that relevant?

@C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:

"...Hate-filled non-sense .... and misapplication of Biblical truths", is so because you say it? Are the many companies cutting ties with the NRA the same? They are heeding my call. Are you invested in the NRA? CM

This is just an ignorant statement. You realize that @Wolfgang isn't from the USA right?

• @davidtaylorjr said:

This is just an ignorant statement. You realize that @Wolfgang isn't from the USA right?

maybe, he just forgot :wink:

I live in a country where the public has basically been disarmed by the victors after WWII (makes it easier to occupy a country, you know) and in order to purchase a weapon one would have to prove first "a need to have one" (which is loony tunes as there can always be the reason, of "we don't think you need one") '

Since I am not a hunter (in order to be one, you must first go through rigorous and rather expensive tests), I really have "no reason" for owning a gun ....

Do we have amok run school shootings? Yes, in recent years there have been a few because students gone mad and radicalized themselves by video games, internet darknet, etc etc .... eventually also managed to steal the guns and ammunition and carry out their deed ....

I don't own a gun, but I certainly have some other means at the house of defending wife and myself if we should be not fully surprised by intruders ... having a gun would most likely make self-defense more effective if the other person has a weapon

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang said:

I live in a country where the public has basically been disarmed by the victors after WWII (makes it easier to occupy a country, you know) and in order to purchase a weapon one would have to prove first "a need to have one" (which is loony tunes as there can always be the reason, of "we don't think you need one") '

Wolfgang, your comments spurred me to investigate the firearm-related death rate in Germany compared to the U.S. According to the Wikipedia chart, in 2012, Germany's death rate from firearms (per 100,000 population) was one-tenth the same death rate produced in the U.S. in 2016. (1.01 v. 10.16). [I grant that the chart doesn't compare rates between countries for same year, but a different source says Germany's death rate in 2014 was also 1.01/100,000 population, so I doubt the Wikipedia comparison is off by much.]

For what it's worth, the Wikipedia chart also reports that in 2012, there were about 30 owned guns per 100 persons in Germany, while in the U.S. in 2016, there were about 100 guns per 100 persons. So not only do ten times more people per 100,000 population die here than in Germany, we also have more than three times as many firearms per person as you do.

Am I correct to assume that you give NO CREDIT for those two results to the fact that in Germany, as you report it, in order to own a gun, one has to "prove first 'a need to have one'"?

Do we have amok run school shootings? Yes, in recent years there have been a few because students gone mad and radicalized themselves by video games, internet darknet, etc etc .... eventually also managed to steal the guns and ammunition and carry out their deed ....

Can you provide a link to a list of German school shootings "run amok"? My search yielded only a few... ever. Is it your conclusion, as well, that there haven't been all that many school shootings in your country?

• dct112685

@Bill_Coley said:

@Wolfgang said:

Wolfgang, your comments spurred me to investigate the firearm-related death rate in Germany compared to the U.S. According to the Wikipedia chart, in 2012, Germany's death rate from firearms (per 100,000 population) was one-tenth the same death rate produced in the U.S. in 2016. (1.01 v. 10.16). [I grant that the chart doesn't compare rates between countries for same year, but a different source says Germany's death rate in 2014 was also 1.01/100,000 population, so I doubt the Wikipedia comparison is off by much.]

For what it's worth, the Wikipedia chart also reports that in 2012, there were about 30 owned guns per 100 persons in Germany, while in the U.S. in 2016, there were about 100 guns per 100 persons. So not only do ten times more people per 100,000 population die here than in Germany, we also have more than three times as many firearms per person as you do.

Am I correct to assume that you give NO CREDIT for those two results to the fact that in Germany, as you report it, in order to own a gun, one has to "prove first 'a need to have one'"?

Can you provide a link to a list of German school shootings "run amok"? My search yielded only a few... ever. Is it your conclusion, as well, that there haven't been all that many school shootings in your country?

Bill I am curious, does that stat for US rate include deaths that are suicides?

• Bill_Coley

@davidtaylorjr said:

Bill I am curious, does that stat for US rate include deaths that are suicides?

Both the German and the U.S. per capita death rate numbers include all manner of firearm-caused deaths, including suicides.

• Bill_Coley

THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, President Trump revealed the solution to mass shooting events in schools! At the White House he told a gathering of state governors that he "really believe(d)" he would have run into the Florida school during last week's shooting even if he didn't have a weapon.

Problem solved. Who needs gun laws?

• GaoLu

You have to look at population demographics. Germany and the US are Apples and Oranges.

• @Bill_Coley said:

Over here, I think we are about 2 decades behind the US society in decadence, immorality, youth brainwashing, running education into the ground, etc ...
    Someone a few years wrote a book "Germany is getting rid of itself"
    All your stats are in my opinion totally meaningless to achieve anything in proving whatever point about people having firearms.

Folks over there still have the right .... but perhaps "the USA is getting rid of itself" by now ? more "zombies", nutcases of various varieties, illusions becoming the politically correct "law/moral" / etc ?

I can only say, "Good night, USA! Not sure if you will wake up anymore."

We saw an attempt by "fly over America" citizens to use legal means to perhaps chnage the devastating disastrous course of the country ... has been quenched and turned over within less than a year

• Anyone seen any of the many videos with intereviews of students, teachers etc who all affirm that the Parkland School actually had been told that there would be a code red drill with gunshots (blanks) with police on campus making things as real as possible etc ??

**Florida Shooting: Mainstream Media Disproves Their Own Story Through Their Own Evidence

And yet another shooting smells to heaven of some kind of foul play and screw up ....
    the video contains many different video clips with students / teachers interviews.

IF anyone rather believers official stories, yell "conspiracy theory" and enjoy your convictions!

• Bill_Coley

@Wolfgang said:
    Over here, I think we are about 2 decades behind the US society in decadence, immorality, youth brainwashing, running education into the ground, etc ...

Is it your view, then, that Germany has a firearm death rate that's 1/10 that of the U.S.' rate simply because you're "about 2 decades behind the US society in decadence, et al"? And the fact that Germany, as you reported in your previous post, "has basically been disarmed," to the point that to purchase a gun one has to "prove first 'a need to have one'" plays no role in the disparity between the two nations' rates?

All your stats are in my opinion totally meaningless to achieve anything in proving whatever point about people having firearms.

You offer no support for this contention, so I don't know how to respond to it other than to say I strongly disagree. When I put together YOUR assertion of Germany's functional disarmament and the firearm death rate statistics I presented, I see a clear connection between the two. It makes sense to me that a nation with 1/3 the number of guns per capita would have fewer gun deaths per 100,000 population.

• dct112685

@Wolfgang said:
    Anyone seen any of the many videos with intereviews of students, teachers etc who all affirm that the Parkland School actually had been told that there would be a code red drill with gunshots (blanks) with police on campus making things as real as possible etc ??

**Florida Shooting: Mainstream Media Disproves Their Own Story Through Their Own Evidence

And yet another shooting smells to heaven of some kind of foul play and screw up ....
    the video contains many different video clips with students / teachers interviews.

IF anyone rather believers official stories, yell "conspiracy theory" and enjoy your convictions!

@Wolfgang said:
    Anyone seen any of the many videos with intereviews of students, teachers etc who all affirm that the Parkland School actually had been told that there would be a code red drill with gunshots (blanks) with police on campus making things as real as possible etc ??

I've not seen any evidence of this other than some random video blogger going on and on about conspiracy theories.

• @davidtaylorjr said:
    I've not seen any evidence of this other than some random video blogger going on and on about conspiracy theories.

the many video interviews of students etc by various kinds of news media are non-sense just because they show that there is something amiss with the official story?

The video to which I linked is basically nothing else than a collection of various such sources and what they reported shortly after the incident happened ....

• dct112685

@Wolfgang said:

@davidtaylorjr said:

the many video interviews of students etc by various kinds of news media are non-sense just because they show that there is something amiss with the official story?

The video to which I linked is basically nothing else than a collection of various such sources and what they reported shortly after the incident happened ....

Ok, full disclosure, I do not have time or interest to watch a video blogger for an hour and a half, so why don't you just point out the crazy conspiracy theories and the proof that backs them up to save me some boredom.

• GaoLu

@Bill_Coley

Is it your view, then, that Germany has a firearm death rate that's 1/10 that of the U.S.' rate simply because you're "about 2 decades behind the US society in decadence, et al"? And the fact that Germany, as you reported in your previous post, "has basically been disarmed," to the point that to purchase a gun one has to "prove first 'a need to have one'" plays no role in the disparity between the two nations' rates?

As has been pointed out you are dealing with utterly different demographics. A man of your caliber should readily recognize this. For what reason would you keep comparing them, one might wonder.

• Bill_Coley

@GaoLu said:
    @Bill_Coley

As has been pointed out you are dealing with utterly different demographics. A man of your caliber should readily recognize this. For what reason would you keep comparing them, one might wonder.

The answer is not clear to me, so I ask: Please identify for me the specific "utterly different demographics" which, in your view, explain the fact that the firearm-related death rate in Germany is 1/10 the same rate in the U.S.

And so that I'm clear about your point, are you contending that Germany's gun laws, which, according to Wolfgang, have "basically disarmed" his nation by requiring prospective firearm purchasers to "prove first 'a need to have one'" (a requirement Wolfgang calls "Looney Tunes") make no contribution to the nation's lower firearm death rate?

p.s. A man of my "caliber." Good one.

• C Mc

Wolfgang,
    Please, tell me, do the teachers in your country carry guns in the classroom? If not, would you like them too? Do you agree with the US President's idea of guns in the classroom?

On another point, someone needs to see what goes on in Israel's classrooms. The children appear to be happy and comfortable. CM