Is Jesus Deity-- Part-2

C Mc
C Mc Posts: 4,463

This thread is to continue https://christiandiscourse.net/discussion/12/is-jesus-deity#latest as the chairman, Jan, requested.

Is God a slave or bound by his creation? Can God inhabit his creation in any form at will?

As for "Does the principle of "after its kind" for pro-creation (cp the various verses in Gen 1:11,12,21,24,25) apply not only to plants and animals..."? This was at creation. Are there different types of men and women? No.

@ Wolfgang said:

"Peter and Pentecost ... did Peter miss the most important truth concerning Christ in his sermon and get it wrong by forgetting to mention that Jesus is the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity, and that baptism should be in the name of the Holy Trinity"?

No, was it necessary?

Dave said:

I think the problem is in a person's inability to approach scripture with child-like simplicity. As we grow older we become too analytical with the bible. If it doesn't make sense we adjust it so that it does. We want to walk by sight and not by faith. But if I see Jesus as God in scripture, that settles it. If I see the Trinity in scripture, that also settles it. And I see both clearly in scripture".

Good point.

Jan said: This thread is getting too long and too complex. Let's draw a line here, and for all open issues, create new (more specialized) threads.

Instead of appending new posts here, please open a new thread with a suitable subject line, and copy a quote and a link to the post you're referring to into the new thread, as well as a tag to the person you're replying to (so that they receive a notification).

You can get the link to a specific post by right clicking the **date **in the post header.

Once you have created a new thread, please link it here in this thread as well (but nothing more except a link, and possibly a very short explanation or quote what you're replying to - no more discussion in this mega thread).

SOURCE: https://www.christiandiscourse.net/discussion/12/is-jesus-deity/p25