Humility

When faced with a challenge to your belief, and shown an inspired scripture indicating it- how would one meek respond?

I don't believe that! Launch into diversion?

Or, say I thank you for that, I'll think about it!

I was faced with this as a Catholic, and the and had to gulp down PRIDE.....

Comments

• theMadJW
    theMadJW Posts: 168

And it WASN'T easy....

• I was faced with this as a Catholic, and the and had to gulp down PRIDE.....

And - in case you haven't noticed - you are faced with it again right here as whatever you consider yourself to be now ...

• theMadJW
    theMadJW Posts: 168

Wow. Still egging me on. I'm encouraged by another member not to say what I think of him, so I will honor it.

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@theMadJW,

Humility is a good topic, but I am missing something. What are you talking about?

Are you trying to address the character trait of humility or the humility of Christ?

What "PRIDE" you had to "gulp down" as a Catholic? Is this why you are the "the mad JW"?

Who is "egging" you on?

If this is a settled matter, so be it? CM

PS. The topic (humility) is worth exploring. CM

• @theMadJW When faced with a challenge to your belief, and shown an inspired scripture indicating it- how would one meek respond?

Verbs in 1 Thessalonians 5:14-25 are mostly commands (imperative mood):

And we urge you, brothers, admonish the disorderly, console the discouraged, help the sick, be patient toward all people. See to it that no one pays back evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue good toward one another and toward all people

Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in everything; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but examine all things; hold fast to what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your spirit and soul and body be kept complete, blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, who also will do this

Brothers, pray for us.

Harris, W. H., III, Ritzema, E., Brannan, R., Mangum, D., Dunham, J., Reimer, J. A., & Wierenga, M. (Eds.). (2012). The Lexham English Bible (1 Th 5:14–25). Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

When faced with a challenge to my belief, my desire is obeying Holy God's Word that includes: "examine all things; hold fast to what is good"

Thankful Holy God's Word is like a treasure hunt, which has spiritual riches beyond our comprehension. Thankful for Holy God answering my prayers to open my eyes & heart to the Goodness of God's Word ❤️ Thankful Holy God's Truth is consistent. 😍

Keep Smiling 😊