Does the OT speaks of a Bodily Resurrection?

C McC Mc Posts: 3,891

If it does, where in the OT where it speaks of Bodily Resurrection?

If it doesn't why not? What hope did the people of the OT had when it come to "life after death" (Resurrection)?

I am sure if does, the OT speaks of Bodily Resurrection the NT will affirm it? Where? CM

Comments

• WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 3,165

If it does, where in the OT where it speaks of Bodily Resurrection?

I know of no place in the OT or NT that speaks of a physical body resurrection

If it doesn't why not?

Because there is no such resurrection

What hope did the people of the OT had when it come to "life after death" (Resurrection)?

They had the hope of resurrection at the end of that OT age, when resurrection became a reality. Before that time, all believers who died awaited the resurrection in the grave

I am sure if does, the OT speaks of Bodily Resurrection the NT will affirm it? Where? CM

See above ... neither OT nor NT speak of a physical resurrection to eternal life.

Yes, there were people raised back to earthly life in their physical bodies in OT and NT times (cp. Elijah and son of a woman, Lazarus from Bethany, etc.) but these were not a resurrection to eternal life.

• @C Mc If it does, where in the OT where it speaks of Bodily Resurrection?

Daniel 12:1-4 (LEB) “Now at that time, Michael, the great prince, will arise, the protector over the sons of your people, and it will be a time of distress that has not been since your people have been a nation until that time. And at that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written in the scroll. And many from those sleeping in the dusty ground will awake, some to everlasting life and some to disgrace and everlasting contempt. But the ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse, and the ones providing justice for the many will be like the stars forever and ever. But you, Daniel, keep the words secret and seal the scroll until the time of the end; many will run back and forth and knowledge will increase.”

@C Mc I am sure if does, the OT speaks of Bodily Resurrection the NT will affirm it? Where?

Revelation 20:11-15 (LEB) And I saw a great white throne and the one who was seated on it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled, and a place was not found for them. And I saw the dead—the great and the small—standing before the throne, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and each one was judged according to their deeds. And Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the lake of fire. And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Keep Smiling [:)]

• WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 3,165

And where do these passages speak about / mention a physical bodily resurrection?