The Protestant Reformation: What was the main purpose or Driving Force behind it?
This thread is started to give space to a topic that needs a full airing.
- What is the Protestant Reformation?
- When was the Protestant Reformation?
- Who were the major players or people behind it?
- Who are the Protestant? What were they protesting?
- Were their bloodshed?
- Above all things: What was the main purpose or driving force behind the Protestant Reformation?
- Has the Protestant Reformation ended or continues? If not, why not? If so, how?
- Is ecumenicalism Scriptural or a "Trojan Horse" to destroy the Protestant Reformation?
It doesn't hurt to study our historical past. It helps with past mistakes. It helps us understand the many reasons why people may behave the way they do or gather around a group of core doctrines. As a result, it helps us become more compassionate as people, more impartial as decision makers, or take a position with a strong rebuke. Come, join the journey. CM