America's Only Hope

God Is Ultimately in Control of Earthly Government. 

Dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.” [Ps 22:29; see also Acts 17:26-27]. 

If God is indeed “Lord of heaven and earth” and has given all authority to His Son [Matt 11:25; Acts 17:24; John 3:35; 13:3.], then it stands to reason Jesus Christ is Lord of the political realm. Both politicians and political processes should therefore be willing to recognize His Lordship. Moreover, God, in the biblical view, is actively engaged in placing and removing rulers [1 Kings 14:14; Ps 75:6-7; Dan 2:21; 4:17.].

The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.” [Prov 21:1, KJV; see also Prov 29:26].

Government, however, is influenced, but not predestined, by God. “If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.” [Jer 18:7-10; see also Amos 9:8]. 

Furthermore, God at times permits events to take place that are not according to His will, abiding the time when “the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever.” [Rev 11:15].

Do you agree? CM