Violation of the Biblical Dietary Laws the Foundation of the Coronavirus?
Please read the source articles below. Is there a real connection between animals in general and the unclean animals in particular? Speak from enlightenment and be heard. Animals (zoonotic) disease is a disease spread between animals and people. Zoonotic diseases can be caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi. Some of these diseases are very common. Foods can be the source for some zoonotic infection when animals such as cows and pigs are infected with parasites such as Cryptosporidium or Trichinella.
The Pentateuch divides all animals into two groups: Clean which can be eaten, and Unclean which are not to be eaten. This law has been followed by many Jews for thousands of years. It has also been accepted as a rule to follow by some Christians. Other Christians, view them as outdated laws of the Jews. Many don't believe that these laws are binding upon Christians. Should these dietary laws in the Bible be taken seriously? If yes, failure to do so, could this be the basis of Coronavirus, if it were not cooked up in a lab?
One may raise a number of questions about the matter o f clean and unclean meats in the Bible. It's fair to ask:
- Revolve around the origin, nature, and authority of these biblical dietary laws.
- Are they of divine or human origin?
- At what time did they originate?
- Why were they given?
- What was the motivation and purpose of these laws?
- Are they moral, ceremonial, or hygienic laws?
- Are they an outgrowth of some primitive religious customs which the Hebrews borrowed from some other culture?
- Were these laws only for Jews, or should Christians also observe them?
- Did either Jesus or his apostles abolish these laws for the Christian Church?
- What do the biblical texts on animal meats really means?
- Is the failure to follow the biblical dietary laws the foundation of the Coronavirus that plagues the world today?
We just can't dismiss the questions above because "the illegal trade in wild-animal meat could cause the next global pandemic". See especially, the article: https://qz.com/795294/will-illegal-bushmeat-bring-the-next-global-outbreak/
Brethren, let's put our collective heads and knowledge together to contribute to the pandemic that plagues the land. What say ye? CM