Death In The OT
Some want to know the origin of death, to better understand it in the NT.
- Death started with God or man?
- What is the first mentioned of death in the OT?
- Did death occurred before the fall of man (Adam and Eve)?
- What was the first human death? What was its cause?
- Was it due to the prohibition against eating or touching the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?
- What was the first actual physical death?
- What was the situation prior to both the animal and Abel’s death?
- Was man made in a state of deathlessness or immortality? If so, what proof can one point to explain this? How did man became mortal? Or, was he always mortal?
- In short, was death a part of God's original plan for man and earth?
Take some time to think about a reality that touches so many lives, for so long. What are your thoughts in light of biblical teachings on this subject? CM
Post edited by C Mc on