US Women's Team A Disgrace

Rapinoe: I 'Held Up My End of the Bargain' With Trump

If the national team who is supposed to be representing the United States and not themselves choose not to go to the White House because they don't like who is in the Oval Office then I want them all fired and put a new team together or just disband it compeltely. DISGRACEFUL display.

Comments

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675
    edited July 2019

Good to read from you again, reformed.

I find the content of your comment more than a bit ironic, however, given that as president, Donald Trump is supposed to represent the United States and not himself. Yet in his 4:48am tweet about the U.S. economy and military earlier today, did he thank the citizens and the military members of the United States? No. He thanked himself (in third person):

Trumpsters' protests, on selfishness grounds, of the First-Amendment-protected political speech and actions of their fellow Americans, given their makers' often-fiery defenses of the Second Amendment, and their unwavering support for one of the most narcissistic officeholders in American political history, deserve every derisive chuckle and snicker they receive.

• Bill_Coley

The tweet, which can be found at THIS LINK, reads as follows: (the "they" in the tweet are the U.S. economy and the U.S. military)

"....and they are both only getting bigger, better and stronger.....Thank you, Mr. President!"

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019

The tweet, which can be found at THIS LINK, reads as follows: (the "they" in the tweet are the U.S. economy and the U.S. military)

"....and they are both only getting bigger, better and stronger.....Thank you, Mr. President!"

Hi Bill,

interesting thoughts .... thank you, Wolfgang.

Did I just thank myself (in 3rd person) in the above line ?

• From the linked news article on townhall.com

The last time the team was in this position, in 2015, it couldn't wait to celebrate with President Obama. But, it's a different story this year. Megan Rapinoe, one of the most vocal and recognizable players on the team, has already told the press she's "not f*ing going" to Trump's White House. As one of the openly gay players on the team, she doesn't believe Trump represents LGBT citizens. It's one of the reasons she's also refused to recite the national anthem.

Seems that for this lesbian fonrt-line propagandist, LGBT is the issue and not soccer ... nor any thought about "the nation". LGBT thoughts about the nation are apparently "dominance" disguised in very loud boisterous propaganda of "equality". This minority ought to be put in their proper place, but somehow theyy have managed with their "homo pride days" etc to already take over vast parts of the naturally normal majority who has been subdued and is persecuted by law for voicing normal plain in sight realities concerning the normal sexual orientation found in nature.

Anyone aware of nature's set up for humanity to continue to exist? It is certainly not unnatural perverted sex between men or between women.

• Bill_Coley

@Wolfgang posted:

Seems that for this lesbian fonrt-line propagandist, LGBT is the issue and not soccer ... nor any thought about "the nation". LGBT thoughts about the nation are apparently "dominance" disguised in very loud boisterous propaganda of "equality". This minority ought to be put in their proper place, but somehow theyy have managed with their "homo pride days" etc to already take over vast parts of the naturally normal majority who has been subdued and is persecuted by law for voicing normal plain in sight realities concerning the normal sexual orientation found in nature.

Anyone aware of nature's set up for humanity to continue to exist? It is certainly not unnatural perverted sex between men or between women.

A few responses to your post, Wolfgang:

1. Megan Rapinoe's objections to a visit to the Trump White House extend FAR beyond the president's failures related to LGBTQ issues.
    2. Central to the "equality" issue to which you refer is pay equity between the U.S. men's and women's teams. Whether a person approves or disapproves of the team's position on that issue, I think it's hard to argue that it's a product of "loud boisterous propaganda."
    3. To my knowledge, there are no "homo pride days" elements in the team's pursuit of its equity agenda.
    4. You are welcome, of course, to your views on what you call "unnatural perverted sex between men or between women," but such concerns are not part of the team's efforts.
    5. Were I a member of national or professional sports team which because of its success received an invitation to the Trump White House, I would not go either. And I am a married, male heterosexual... which, it seems, in your view makes my sexual orientation the "normal" one "found in nature."

• reformed
    reformed Posts: 3,176
    edited July 2019

Still disgraceful the way they are acting. Also, you represent the Nation and are not a politician. You shouldn't be using that platform for politics.