Western fake news propaganda about Venezuela

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited February 2019 in News & Current Events

Have a look at the report of Max Blumenthal about what he found in Caracas ...

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

The headline of the rt.com story to which you linked, Wolfgang, asks "Where are the 'empty shelves.'" I found them HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE, after a 15 second Google search. The cited articles also describe the country's widespread economic desperation, fueled by, perhaps more than any other single factor, the nation's hyperinflation.

As for the rt.com story and reporter Blumenthal's discovery of well-stocked shelves in a store in Caracas, you'll note in one of the articles I cite that the nation's economic misery is far greater outside the capital city.

I'm guessing that if I could find as much evidence of "empty shelves" in Venezela as I did in as brief an amount of time as I did, so could the rt.com people.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2019

some more about situation in Venezuela outside of Caracas ....

Propaganda via mass main media is in full swing ....

Venuzuelan people at large seem to know that the crisis in the country is USA caused and fabricated, and they also know that the confiscation / theft of billions of dollars of Venezuela money by USA banksters is the reason for lack of money by the State to provide for its people. Actually, the USA is conducting a full scale economic and financial war on Venezuela, and since their measures are causing humanitarian crisis, their doings a crimes against humanity. (compare my other post on "An Ocean of Lies on Venezuela").

• Bill_Coley
    Bill_Coley Posts: 2,675

@Wolfgang said:

Venuzuelan people at large seem to know that the crisis in the country is USA caused and fabricated, and they also know that the confiscation / theft of billions of dollars of Venezuela money by USA banksters is the reason for lack of money by the State to provide for its people. Actually, the USA is conducting a full scale economic and financial war on Venezuela, and since their measures are causing humanitarian crisis, their doings a crimes against humanity. (compare my other post on "An Ocean of Lies on Venezuela").

Your argument seems to have changed, Wolfgang. In the OP, it seemed to be that there were no "empty shelves" in Venezuela as reported by "the corporate media." "But are the alleged shortages real?" the rt.com article to which you linked asked. Now, seemingly in response to the many examples of "empty shelves" in Venezuela I provided in my last post, your argument seems to be that there IS an economic crisis in Venezuela - those shortages ARE real - and the United States' "full scale economic and financial war" against the nation is to blame. I hope you will clarify your view. Do you believe there are shortages and "empty shelves" in Venezuela?

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2019

Hello everyone,

here are a few more links to articles with information concerning the topic of Venezuela

http://misionverdad.com/mv-in-english/exclusive-report-summary-of-the-report-by-alfred-de-zayas-independent-expert-of-the-un 

https://mronline.org/2019/02/04/report-of-the-independent-expert-on-the-promotion-of-a-democratic-and-equitable-international-order/

https://off-guardian.org/2019/02/09/what-the-press-hides-from-you-about-venezuela/

You may find some unorthodox and non-mainstream information .... just to give an opportunity to widen scope and become better equipped to form your own opinion on WHAT may be going on there