Dems Blue Wave -- take over House -- New Day in America

C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710
edited January 4 in News & Current Events

Check your news feed:

  • House-passed bills to re-open US Gov't.
  • No money for the "wall"!
  • The House will do its work, Trump will be held accountable and investigated.
  • It took 230 yrs to get the first Native American woman sworn into the US Congress.

Trump's Problems:

  1. The US Gov't needs to reopen. No solution in sight.
  2. The Stock Market hits a new low today:
    • It fell 660.02 points -- the worse performance in ten years.
    • The "BOOM" is OVER!
    • America, check your 401k, you may not have what you think. It's not a "little glitch".
  3. Republicans are beginning to fall away from Trump. Some voted with the Dems in the House.
  4. Apple blames Trump's trade wars. Trump said, "trade-wars are easy to win".
  5. Many other companies will be hurt by Trump's tariffs on China.
  6. Trump is fasting becoming yesterday's news.
  7. Federal workers are hurting-- not being paid. President Trump hasn't even mentioned them.
  8. China and Germany had a lower GDP at last reporting. America could be next.
  9. Newly elected Sen. Mitt Romey (R-Utah) criticize Trump. He may challenge Trump in 2020.

An end is coming to this inexperienced President, don't put your head in the sand. Embrace it.

PS. Do all Americans get the news in real time?

Post edited by C_M_ on

Comments

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @C_M_ said:

    Check your news feed:

    • House-passed bills to re-open US Gov't.

    Just for show. They know it is DOA in Senate.

    • No money for the "wall"!

    That's bad.

    • The House will do its work, Trump will be held accountable and investigated.

    For what?

    • It took 230 yrs to get the first Native American woman sworn into the US Congress.

    So?

    Trump's Problems:

    1. The US Gov't needs to reopen. No solution in sight.

    75% of the government is open already. All essential services are running as normal.

    1. The Stock Market hits a new low today:
      • It fell 660.02 points -- the worse performance in ten years.
      • The "BOOM" is OVER!
      • America, check your 401k, you may not have what you think. It's not a "little glitch".
    2. Republicans are beginning to fall away from Trump. Some voted with the Dems in the House.

    So? That has always been these case. Ever heard of a never-trumper?

    1. Apple blames Trump's trade wars. Trump said, "trade-wars are easy to win".

    Who cares what Apples says?

    1. Many other companies will be hurt by Trump's tariffs on China.

    Other companies are helped.

    1. Trump is fasting becoming yesterday's news.

    How do you figure that?

    1. Federal workers are hurting-- not being paid. President Trump hasn't even mentioned them.

    75% of them are working. And nobody has missed a paycheck, perhaps you are looking at the wrong news.

    1. China and Germany had a lower GDP at last reporting. America could be next.

    Relevance?

    1. Newly elected Sen. Mitt Romey (R-Utah) criticize Trump. He may challenge Trump in 2020.

    Oh brother, who cares about that has-been?

    An end is coming to this inexperienced President, don't put your head in the sand. Embrace it.

    Based on what?

    PS. Do all Americans get the news in real time?

    Yes and no. It depends on what you call news. Most of your post is not news. Rather, it is politically biased commentary.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    America to Mr. Trump: "Cry me a river..."

    The American "White House" is big, but Trump is in a box. Ask Bill, our (CD's) resident political analyst. ;) CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @C_M_ said:
    America to Mr. Trump: "Cry me a river..."

    The American "White House" is big, but Trump is in a box. Ask Bill, our (CD's) resident political analyst. ;) CM

    HAHAHAHA resident political analyst? Please...

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:
    America to Mr. Trump: "Cry me a river..."

    The American "White House" is big, but Trump is in a box. Ask Bill, our (CD's) resident political analyst. ;) CM

    HAHAHAHA resident political analyst? Please...

    I don't need to defend Bill, but don't mock him or his political understanding. CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:
    America to Mr. Trump: "Cry me a river..."

    The American "White House" is big, but Trump is in a box. Ask Bill, our (CD's) resident political analyst. ;) CM

    HAHAHAHA resident political analyst? Please...

    I don't need to defend Bill, but don't mock him or his political understanding. CM

    I'm not mocking Bill, well, ok, I am, but I am really mocking you that you think he is the beacon of political knowledge on this forum.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:
    America to Mr. Trump: "Cry me a river..."

    The American "White House" is big, but Trump is in a box. Ask Bill, our (CD's) resident political analyst. ;) CM

    HAHAHAHA resident political analyst? Please...

    I don't need to defend Bill, but don't mock him or his political understanding. CM

    I'm not mocking Bill, well, ok, I am, but I am really mocking you that you think he is the beacon of political knowledge on this forum.

    Bill appears to gives consistently, more comprehensive, coherent knowledge of political understanding than others in these forums. As for you, Reformed, "you're too close to the tree, you can't see the forest". CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:
    America to Mr. Trump: "Cry me a river..."

    The American "White House" is big, but Trump is in a box. Ask Bill, our (CD's) resident political analyst. ;) CM

    HAHAHAHA resident political analyst? Please...

    I don't need to defend Bill, but don't mock him or his political understanding. CM

    I'm not mocking Bill, well, ok, I am, but I am really mocking you that you think he is the beacon of political knowledge on this forum.

    Bill appears to gives consistently, more comprehensive, coherent knowledge of political understanding than others in these forums. As for you, Reformed, "you're too close to the tree, you can't see the forest". CM

    Bill only gives one view. Liberal. He is the exact same as me just on the opposite spectrum. You should open your eyes a bit.

    Bill supports sinful practices and that clouds his view and judgment of everything.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    Bill appears to gives consistently, more comprehensive, coherent knowledge of political understanding than others in these forums. As for you, Reformed, "you're too close to the tree, you can't see the forest". CM

    Bill only gives one view. Liberal. He is the exact same as me just on the opposite spectrum. You should open your eyes a bit.

    Bill supports sinful practices and that clouds his view and judgment of everything.

    Stop! Let's not go there!

    You're going from labeling to finger-pointing. Let's focus here on the Dems Blue Wave -- take over House -- New Day in America. Thank you. CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    Bill appears to gives consistently, more comprehensive, coherent knowledge of political understanding than others in these forums. As for you, Reformed, "you're too close to the tree, you can't see the forest". CM

    Bill only gives one view. Liberal. He is the exact same as me just on the opposite spectrum. You should open your eyes a bit.

    Bill supports sinful practices and that clouds his view and judgment of everything.

    Stop! Let's not go there!

    You're going from labeling to finger-pointing. Let's focus here on the Dems Blue Wave -- take over House -- New Day in America. Thank you. CM

    You are the one that brought Bill up, not me. Perhaps you should focus on what I actually posted in response to the thread and you wouldn't have issues like this. You have YET to actually respond to my response to your OP.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @reformed said:

    You are the one that brought Bill up, not me. Perhaps you should focus on what I actually posted in response to the thread and you wouldn't have issues like this. You have YET to actually respond to my response to your OP.

    Indeed, I bought up Bill that he may help you understand the OP and your response to it. It was never the other nonsense you were inclined to engage. CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    You are the one that brought Bill up, not me. Perhaps you should focus on what I actually posted in response to the thread and you wouldn't have issues like this. You have YET to actually respond to my response to your OP.

    Indeed, I bought up Bill that he may help you understand the OP and your response to it. It was never the other nonsense you were inclined to engage. CM

    I don't need Bill to understand the original OP. I responded to the OP and you have yet to answer my response.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    You are the one that brought Bill up, not me. Perhaps you should focus on what I actually posted in response to the thread and you wouldn't have issues like this. You have YET to actually respond to my response to your OP.

    Indeed, I bought up Bill that he may help you understand the OP and your response to it. It was never the other nonsense you were inclined to engage. CM

    I don't need Bill to understand the original OP. I responded to the OP and you have yet to answer my response.

    SEE above. Consider responded. CM

  • WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 1,415

    Seems like the end of Trump is coming rather quickly ... the military/industrial complex has bought and arranged the steps to get rid of the president who initially spoke of "draining the swamp" and of "ending military action in Syria" and of "better relations with other world powers" ...
    The deep state does not tolerate presidents who don't want to support their wars that are needed to drain the taxpayer and collect billions into their own pockets. Anyone remember president Nixon? He was disposed of because he dared to voice his intent of ending the Vietnam war ("Watergate" was just as much an instigated distraction, as "Russiagate" is now).

    The outlook for USA and its empire is not rosy and the signs are turning to major war ... especially so if the Israel lobby gets their way.

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    @C_M_ said:

    @reformed said:

    You are the one that brought Bill up, not me. Perhaps you should focus on what I actually posted in response to the thread and you wouldn't have issues like this. You have YET to actually respond to my response to your OP.

    Indeed, I bought up Bill that he may help you understand the OP and your response to it. It was never the other nonsense you were inclined to engage. CM

    I don't need Bill to understand the original OP. I responded to the OP and you have yet to answer my response.

    SEE above. Consider responded. CM

    I will consider it not responded to because you didn't respond to anything I said. At least be honest and say you won't respond.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @Wolfgang said:
    Seems like the end of Trump is coming rather quickly ... the military/industrial complex has bought and arranged the steps to get rid of the president who initially spoke of "draining the swamp" and of "ending military action in Syria" and of "better relations with other world powers" ...
    The deep state does not tolerate presidents who don't want to support their wars that are needed to drain the taxpayer and collect billions into their own pockets. Anyone remember president Nixon? He was disposed of because he dared to voice his intent of ending the Vietnam war ("Watergate" was just as much an instigated distraction, as "Russiagate" is now).

    The outlook for USA and its empire is not rosy and the signs are turning to major war ... especially so if the Israel lobby gets their way.

    With or without a war, Trump has too and will go.

    Leave Israel out of this. America made a mistake, let her people fix it. Trump is beholding to Russia--Putin. CM

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @C_M_ said:

    @Wolfgang said:
    Seems like the end of Trump is coming rather quickly ... the military/industrial complex has bought and arranged the steps to get rid of the president who initially spoke of "draining the swamp" and of "ending military action in Syria" and of "better relations with other world powers" ...
    The deep state does not tolerate presidents who don't want to support their wars that are needed to drain the taxpayer and collect billions into their own pockets. Anyone remember president Nixon? He was disposed of because he dared to voice his intent of ending the Vietnam war ("Watergate" was just as much an instigated distraction, as "Russiagate" is now).

    The outlook for USA and its empire is not rosy and the signs are turning to major war ... especially so if the Israel lobby gets their way.

    With or without a war, Trump has too and will go.

    Leave Israel out of this. America made a mistake, let her people fix it. Trump is beholding to Russia--Putin. CM

    You keep saying Trump has to go, but to date you have yet to provide evidence as to why he has to go.

  • Bill_ColeyBill_Coley Posts: 1,190

    @C_M_ said:

    • House-passed bills to re-open US Gov't.

    @reformed said:
    Just for show. They know it is DOA in Senate.

    Whether they know the legislation is DOA in the Senate - which it clearly is - doesn't change the fact that for House Democrats, the right thing to do is to reopen the government via six multi-month CRs to fund at current levels areas not associated with border security, and a separate, one month CR to fund areas that ARE associated with border security. The effects of those two tactics are obvious and constructive, in my view:

    • Areas of the government that have nothing to do with the border security debate would reopen and remain open for at least the next six months. Why should the services and employees of areas not associated with border security be affected by this shut down?
    • The extra month will give parties to the dispute additional time to search for a solution.
    • The president and his GOP allies in Congress will demonstrate concern for hundreds of thousands of workers and appear more reasonable in their pursuit of their political ends.
    • No money for the "wall"!

    That's bad.

    It's worth noting, as many in Washington have seemed to forget, that "no money for 'the wall'" does NOT mean no money for border security. Democrats want a secure border. They do not want and will not fund the wall/fence/barricade/today's term of choice the president wants. Democrats WOULD however, give serious consideration to such a structure were the president to keep his campaign promise that Mexico would "pay for the wall" "100%."

    Of course, if the president is telling us the truth, then additional funding for "the wall" might be unnecessary. On Wednesday of this week, he tweeted "much of the wall has been fully renovated or built"...

    • The House will do its work, Trump will be held accountable and investigated.

    For what?

    I can't imagine! Just because about every prominent person on his campaign has lied about his or her contacts with Russians does NOT mean they had anything to lie about! Come on! EVERYBODY lies about their contacts with Russians, don't they?! And just because HIS CAMPAIGN PEOPLE lied about contacts with Russians doesn't mean the president lied, does it?!... Well, in this case it's a pretty good bet that it does (remember "I have no dealings with Russia!" which he said while he was negotiating the Trump Tower Moscow project... with Russia?) but the principle remains!!

    • It took 230 yrs to get the first Native American woman sworn into the US Congress.

    So?

    It's a big deal whenever the first member of a particular demographic group breaks into the American political power structure.

    • It was a big deal when women got the right to vote.
    • It was a big deal when the first African American was elected to the US Senate and House.
    • And it's a big deal for the first Native American to be elected to Congress.

    Trump's Problems:

    1. The US Gov't needs to reopen. No solution in sight.

    75% of the government is open already. All essential services are running as normal.

    The government is not "running as normal" when 800,000 workers are on furlough. And it's CERTAINLY not "running as normal" for the households of those 800,000 workers who aren't getting paid during the shut down.

    The president's compassion and concern for those workers and their households has been exemplary, however. Why just in today's press briefing he told us that he's willing to keep those households without income for years, if necessary to get money for his wall/fence/barrier/whatever. It's good to know we have a president who cares, isn't it?

    1. The Stock Market hits a new low today:
      • It fell 660.02 points -- the worse performance in ten years.
      • The "BOOM" is OVER!
      • America, check your 401k, you may not have what you think. It's not a "little glitch".

    Mr Trump believes the Great Depression was a stub of the economy's toe, and nuclear bombs brought sudden but short-lived inconvenience to the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

    1. Apple blames Trump's trade wars. Trump said, "trade-wars are easy to win".

    Who cares what Apples says?

    The stock market, for one.

    1. Many other companies will be hurt by Trump's tariffs on China.

    Other companies are helped.

    If there is no net-harm to the tariff policy, then why has the stock market lost so much ground in recent weeks, losses prominently attributed to the chaos in our trading relations with China and others?

    1. Trump is fasting becoming yesterday's news.

    How do you figure that?

    I agree. He is, and every day until he leaves office is likely to remain, today's national disgrace, not yesterday's.

    1. Federal workers are hurting-- not being paid. President Trump hasn't even mentioned them.

    75% of them are working. And nobody has missed a paycheck, perhaps you are looking at the wrong news.

    Obviously, the only worker household incomes hurt by the government shut down are those of workers affected by the shutdown. My household's income, for example, is not affected by the shut down; I assume yours isn't either. But compassion doesn't require shared experience. It is possible - in our faith, in fact, I contend it is required - that we have compassion for hurting people even if we're not among the hurting, and even if the hurting are fewer in number than the not-hurting. President Trump's failure to mention the effects of the shutdown on its affected households displays a totally unsurprising lack of compassion for those households.

    1. China and Germany had a lower GDP at last reporting. America could be next.

    Relevance?

    If you agree with the president that the current U.S. economy is "the greatest economy in the HISTORY of America," then I would expect you to be concerned by lower GDP numbers.

    An end is coming to this inexperienced President, don't put your head in the sand. Embrace it.

    Based on what?

    Biblically speaking, the handwriting is on the wall (and not the one at the southern border which the president says is mostly done and that Mexico's going to pay for!)

  • reformedreformed Posts: 2,075

    @Bill_Coley said:

    @C_M_ said:

    • House-passed bills to re-open US Gov't.

    @reformed said:
    Just for show. They know it is DOA in Senate.

    Whether they know the legislation is DOA in the Senate - which it clearly is - doesn't change the fact that for House Democrats, the right thing to do is to reopen the government via six multi-month CRs to fund at current levels areas not associated with border security, and a separate, one month CR to fund areas that ARE associated with border security. The effects of those two tactics are obvious and constructive, in my view:

    • Areas of the government that have nothing to do with the border security debate would reopen and remain open for at least the next six months. Why should the services and employees of areas not associated with border security be affected by this shut down?
    • The extra month will give parties to the dispute additional time to search for a solution.
    • The president and his GOP allies in Congress will demonstrate concern for hundreds of thousands of workers and appear more reasonable in their pursuit of their political ends.

    Actually, the right thing to do would be to stop this CR nonsense and produce a balanced budget. But that obviously will never happen again.

    • No money for the "wall"!

    That's bad.

    It's worth noting, as many in Washington have seemed to forget, that "no money for 'the wall'" does NOT mean no money for border security. Democrats want a secure border. They do not want and will not fund the wall/fence/barricade/today's term of choice the president wants. Democrats WOULD however, give serious consideration to such a structure were the president to keep his campaign promise that Mexico would "pay for the wall" "100%."

    They can't honestly say they want a secure border and not want a wall. You can't secure the border without a wall. And no, Democrats wouldn't give serious consideration if Mexico were paying for it. They can't at this point. Remember, the wall is immoral according to those morons.

    Of course, if the president is telling us the truth, then additional funding for "the wall" might be unnecessary. On Wednesday of this week, he tweeted "much of the wall has been fully renovated or built"...

    I too am perplexed by this.

    • The House will do its work, Trump will be held accountable and investigated.

    For what?

    I can't imagine! Just because about every prominent person on his campaign has lied about his or her contacts with Russians does NOT mean they had anything to lie about! Come on! EVERYBODY lies about their contacts with Russians, don't they?! And just because HIS CAMPAIGN PEOPLE lied about contacts with Russians doesn't mean the president lied, does it?!... Well, in this case it's a pretty good bet that it does (remember "I have no dealings with Russia!" which he said while he was negotiating the Trump Tower Moscow project... with Russia?) but the principle remains!!

    Every prominent person? That's a bit of hyperbole don't you think? And yes, I guess everyone, including Hilary Clinton, does lie about the Russians.

    • It took 230 yrs to get the first Native American woman sworn into the US Congress.

    So?

    It's a big deal whenever the first member of a particular demographic group breaks into the American political power structure.

    I disagree. They are either a good candidate or they are not. I don't care what they look like.

    • It was a big deal when women got the right to vote.

    That is not the same thing.

    • It was a big deal when the first African American was elected to the US Senate and House.

    Also not the same thing. Slavery was an issue.

    • And it's a big deal for the first Native American to be elected to Congress.

    If you say so.

    Trump's Problems:

    1. The US Gov't needs to reopen. No solution in sight.

    75% of the government is open already. All essential services are running as normal.

    The government is not "running as normal" when 800,000 workers are on furlough. And it's CERTAINLY not "running as normal" for the households of those 800,000 workers who aren't getting paid during the shut down.

    Nobody has missed a paycheck yet. Even still, if it is like every other shutdown, they will still be paid for this time once the budget resolution passes, whenever that may be.

    The president's compassion and concern for those workers and their households has been exemplary, however. Why just in today's press briefing he told us that he's willing to keep those households without income for years, if necessary to get money for his wall/fence/barrier/whatever. It's good to know we have a president who cares, isn't it?

    So far it is the Democrats who aren't negotiating.

    1. The Stock Market hits a new low today:
      • It fell 660.02 points -- the worse performance in ten years.
      • The "BOOM" is OVER!
      • America, check your 401k, you may not have what you think. It's not a "little glitch".

    Mr Trump believes the Great Depression was a stub of the economy's toe, and nuclear bombs brought sudden but short-lived inconvenience to the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

    ???

    1. Apple blames Trump's trade wars. Trump said, "trade-wars are easy to win".

    Who cares what Apples says?

    The stock market, for one.

    Apple doesn't speak for the stock market Bill.

    1. Many other companies will be hurt by Trump's tariffs on China.

    Other companies are helped.

    If there is no net-harm to the tariff policy, then why has the stock market lost so much ground in recent weeks, losses prominently attributed to the chaos in our trading relations with China and others?

    1. Trump is fasting becoming yesterday's news.

    How do you figure that?

    I agree. He is, and every day until he leaves office is likely to remain, today's national disgrace, not yesterday's.

    Disgrace? How so Bill? Be specific. He has not disgraced our country by any stretch of the imagination.

    1. Federal workers are hurting-- not being paid. President Trump hasn't even mentioned them.

    75% of them are working. And nobody has missed a paycheck, perhaps you are looking at the wrong news.

    Obviously, the only worker household incomes hurt by the government shut down are those of workers affected by the shutdown. My household's income, for example, is not affected by the shut down; I assume yours isn't either. But compassion doesn't require shared experience. It is possible - in our faith, in fact, I contend it is required - that we have compassion for hurting people even if we're not among the hurting, and even if the hurting are fewer in number than the not-hurting. President Trump's failure to mention the effects of the shutdown on its affected households displays a totally unsurprising lack of compassion for those households.

    Trust me, nobody is hurting yet because of this shutdown. Nobody. Nobody has missed a paycheck, nobody isn't getting an essential service, it's all nonsense.

    1. China and Germany had a lower GDP at last reporting. America could be next.

    Relevance?

    If you agree with the president that the current U.S. economy is "the greatest economy in the HISTORY of America," then I would expect you to be concerned by lower GDP numbers.

    Lower GDP numbers for China and Germany? Again, relevance?

    An end is coming to this inexperienced President, don't put your head in the sand. Embrace it.

    Based on what?

    Biblically speaking, the handwriting is on the wall (and not the one at the southern border which the president says is mostly done and that Mexico's going to pay for!)

    And what handwriting is that?

  • Bill_ColeyBill_Coley Posts: 1,190

    @reformed said:
    Actually, the right thing to do would be to stop this CR nonsense and produce a balanced budget. But that obviously will never happen again.

    In the current political reality, CRs are a practical and necessary option, whether you think they're nonsensical or not. Given that reality, in my view the Democrats are right to believe that areas of the government that have nothing to do with border security should remain open and unaffected by the disagreement over a wall.

    They can't honestly say they want a secure border and not want a wall. You can't secure the border without a wall. And no, Democrats wouldn't give serious consideration if Mexico were paying for it. They can't at this point. Remember, the wall is immoral according to those morons.

    Yes, they CAN "honestly say they want a secure border (yet) not want a wall," just as you can "honestly say" you want a secure border and WANT a wall. Of course we currently have nearly 350 miles of border wall/fencing, principally along the southwest border, fencing with which net migration had declined to below zero during the Obama administration, and declined even further during the first year of the Trump presidency. Recent increases in border crossings have not returned net migration to its previous highs. Hence, I don't see the urgency for any new wall/fencing.

    I don't think I know as much about "morons" as you do.

    I too am perplexed by this.

    I can't say I'm perplexed by the president's tweet. But then again, I am much more convinced than you that the president is a pathological liar.

    Every prominent person? That's a bit of hyperbole don't you think? And yes, I guess everyone, including Hilary Clinton, does lie about the Russians.

    First, I didn't say "every prominent person." I said "about every prominent person."

    Second, it now appears to me that your defense of Mr Trump and his campaign has shriveled to the point that the best you can offer is a dispute of the number of campaign people who lied about their contacts with Russians, one based on a misquotation of my previous post, no less! What you're NOT disputing is that Trump campaign officials lied about their contacts with Russians. So why did so many of them lie? If there was nothing untoward going on in the campaign's contacts with Russians, why did so many of them lie about them? Why did so many campaign people say nobody in the campaign had had ANY contacts with Russians?

    Remember the good ol' days of "No collusion!"? Now all you got is "Yeah, they lied, but so did Hillary." [And specifically when did Hillary Clinton lie about her contacts with the Russians? I'm not familiar.]

    It's a big deal whenever the first member of a particular demographic group breaks into the American political power structure.

    I disagree. They are either a good candidate or they are not. I don't care what they look like.

    In my view, whether you or I "care what they look like" is not a reasonable standard by which to judge the significance of a demographic group's rise to political influence.

    • It was a big deal when women got the right to vote.

    That is not the same thing.

    Yes, it is. Women gained access to political influence they didn't have before. The same thing has now happened for Native American women.

    • It was a big deal when the first African American was elected to the US Senate and House.

    Also not the same thing. Slavery was an issue.

    Again, it's the rise to new levels of political influence that's at play here, and YES, that's important. John Kennedy was the first Catholic to win election as U.S. president. Was THAT a significant breakthrough? Of course.

    Nobody has missed a paycheck yet. Even still, if it is like every other shutdown, they will still be paid for this time once the budget resolution passes, whenever that may be.

    So if the shutdown continues long enough for people to miss paychecks, THEN will you consider it hurtful to the workers and their households?

    The president's compassion and concern for those workers and their households has been exemplary, however. Why just in today's press briefing he told us that he's willing to keep those households without income for years, if necessary to get money for his wall/fence/barrier/whatever. It's good to know we have a president who cares, isn't it?

    So far it is the Democrats who aren't negotiating.

    1) There's not much to negotiate. Trump demands $5.6 billion for a wall. The Democrats say no money for a wall.
    2) The Democrats' support for bills to reopen the government shows more compassion for the affected federal workers than do the president's comments that federal workers want him to "keep going" with the shut down, and that landlords of those affected will "work" with the workers.

    Mr Trump believes the Great Depression was a stub of the economy's toe, and nuclear bombs brought sudden but short-lived inconvenience to the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

    ???

    Revisit the comment's context. It was a sarcastic riff on the president's analysis of the stock market's recent decline as a "glitch."

    Apple doesn't speak for the stock market Bill.

    I didn't say Apple speaks for the market. I said the market responded to Apple.

    If there is no net-harm to the tariff policy, then why has the stock market lost so much ground in recent weeks, losses prominently attributed to the chaos in our trading relations with China and others?

    No response?

    Disgrace? How so Bill? Be specific. He has not disgraced our country by any stretch of the imagination.

    A president can't speak more than 7,000 false and misleading statements during his or her presidency, as Mr Trump has, WITHOUT disgracing the office and the nation. I am embarrassed that our nation is led by a pathological liar, a person whose mendacity is of an unparalleled magnitude, perhaps in all of American political history.

    Lower GDP numbers for China and Germany? Again, relevance?

    CM's point was not the China and Germany are experiencing declining GDP growth rates, but that the U.S. might be next. That's the relevance.

    And what handwriting is that?

    To continue the biblical theme of my original response, I guess Daniel wasn't a Trumpster.

  • WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 1,415

    @C_M_ said:
    Leave Israel out of this. America made a mistake, let her people fix it. Trump is beholding to Russia--Putin. CM

    Why leave Zionist Israel out of this when all along any and all wars the USA has waged in recent decades in the Middle East have been at the beck and call and for the profit of Israel more than anything? Americans are sacrificing their men on the altar of Zionism/Israel ... and you want to leave that Zionist enemy of the American people out??

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @Wolfgang said:

    @C_M_ said:
    Leave Israel out of this. America made a mistake, let her people fix it. Trump is beholding to Russia--Putin. CM

    Why leave Zionist Israel out of this when all along any and all wars the USA has waged in recent decades in the Middle East have been at the beck and call and for the profit of Israel more than anything? Americans are sacrificing their men on the altar of Zionism/Israel ... and you want to leave that Zionist enemy of the American people out??

    Wolfgang,
    Stop it! What do you have against Israel? She didn't do you or your people anything. Stop bearing false witness against her. Claiming she is behind all wars are just wrong. You bring tears to my eyes when you tell lies on Israel. She is a friend to all who means her well.

    Why can't you be a friend to Israel? Stand with Israel-- a people, strong, proud and loyal. When America gets rid of Mr. Trump she can stand tall and be proud again. In the meanwhile, don't "wash your mouth" on Israel. Don't start the new year off on the wrong foot. Israel has enemies on her doorstep, give her a chance to sort things out for peace with security. CM

  • WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 1,415

    @C_M_ said:
    Wolfgang,
    Stop it! What do you have against Israel? She didn't do you or your people anything. Stop bearing false witness against her. Claiming she is behind all wars are just wrong. You bring tears to my eyes when you tell lies on Israel. She is a friend to all who means her well.

    Why can't you be a friend to Israel? Stand with Israel-- a people, strong, proud and loyal. When America gets rid of Mr. Trump she can stand tall and be proud again. In the meanwhile, don't "wash your mouth" on Israel. Don't start the new year off on the wrong foot. Israel has enemies on her doorstep, give her a chance to sort things out for peace with security. CM

    You provide a prime example of lack of objectivity in favor of following propaganda mainstream agendas. In case you haven't noticed, Mr. Trump has the Israel lobby right in his family and inner circle of his administration ...
    Why should America sacrifice their young in wars which have nothing to do with real interests of the American people but solely serve the Anglo/American/Zionist regime? Let the Zionist take care of themselves ... just as you say! USA get out of the Near and Middle East and take care of your problems at home.

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @Wolfgang said: You provide a prime example of lack of objectivity in favor of following propaganda mainstream agendas. In case you haven't noticed, Mr. Trump has the Israel lobby right in his family and inner circle of his administration ...
    Why should America sacrifice their young in wars which have nothing to do with real interests of the American people but solely serve the Anglo/American/Zionist regime? Let the Zionist take care of themselves ... just as you say! USA get out of the Near and Middle East and take care of your problems at home.

    Israel has a relationship with the USA. Why be jealous of it? Germany would have a better relationship with America if Mr. Trump were of a different character. Madame Challelor had a relationship with Mr. Obama.

    As for Mr. Trump's son-in-law, he's not in the Cabinet. Jews can marry whoever, wherever. Everybody has some influence. Fear not, Kushner doesn't have that much influence. Trump doesn't trust a lot of people and loves his daughter. Hey, a little influence.

    Are you trying to say Israel is so smart that she can influence the US Presidents to give blood and treasurer in wars for Israel? Come on! It sounds like you are saying America is very dumb (dull). America fights wars for freedom and to protect her interests around the world. So, away with "following propaganda mainstream agendas". CM

  • WolfgangWolfgang Posts: 1,415

    @C_M_ said:
    Are you trying to say Israel is so smart that she can influence the US Presidents to give blood and treasurer in wars for Israel?

    Exactly ... that's certainly the case ... thus far, the USA has conducted wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and almost in Syria ... all had "Israel" written all over it. Do you know how much money is spent annually by the USA on the Zionist regime in Jerusalem?

    Come on! It sounds like you are saying America is very dumb (dull). America fights wars for freedom and to protect her interests around the world. So, away with "following propaganda mainstream agendas". CM

    Ask Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya about the freedom they enjoy after the USA invasions ... Yes, definitely USA pursues her interests of world hegemony, by all means.

    Eh, perhaps we'll see some different facts come out in the near future about what reall happened at 09/11 ... wasn't there some "Dark Overlord" threatening to leak some revealing documents concerning the case? Thus far, the regime in Washington was able to brainwash most of the public with their "official report" ... but it seems, more pressure is put on by some with testimonies and evidence which now moved a judge in a NY court to convene a grand jury to take a look at evidence presented .... not much may come of it, only 17 years have passed since, but more will come to light in the future

  • C_M_C_M_ Posts: 2,710

    @Wolfgang said:

    Eh, perhaps we'll see some different facts come out in the near future about what reall happened at 09/11 ... wasn't there some "Dark Overlord" threatening to leak some revealing documents concerning the case? Thus far, the regime in Washington was able to brainwash most of the public with their "official report" ... but it seems, more pressure is put on by some with testimonies and evidence which now moved a judge in a NY court to convene a grand jury to take a look at evidence presented .... not much may come of it, only 17 years have passed since, but more will come to light in the future

    What are you trying to say? Are you blaming Israel for 9/11? I still have some questions about the collapse of the twin towers yet. Since it's not near the anniversary you may want to pick up in that thread to share your suspension. Just don't point the finger or blame Israel. CM

Sign In or Register to comment.