Rejection of Jesus, why?

1235»

Comments

• C Mc
    C Mc Posts: 4,463

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:
    Where is your faith? God has revealed enough for us to believe what he has revealed.

My faith and trust is in what God has revealed ... and thus far I have not seen "the Trinity mystery" revealed in Scripture ...

Faith not always seen. Faith goes beyond human knowledge or comprehension. Faith is action. Faith is full of faith. Faith is believing. Faith is trust, where we can't trace God. CM

• @C_M_ said:

@Wolfgang said:

@C_M_ said:
    Where is your faith? God has revealed enough for us to believe what he has revealed.

My faith and trust is in what God has revealed ... and thus far I have not seen "the Trinity mystery" revealed in Scripture ...

Faith not always seen. Faith goes beyond human knowledge or comprehension. Faith is action. Faith is full of faith. Faith is believing. Faith is trust, where we can't trace God. CM

Faith is based on something, namely the preaching of the Word. One cannot have faith if there is not first something (information) that is to be believed or someone (a person) in whom to have faith and whom to believe. cp Rom 10:17 !!

• C Mc

CM repeats:

By way of context, Rom. 1:18-20 states that there can be no excuse for those who argue that God is unjust to condemn them because they have not had an opportunity to know Him. The reason being is that God reveals Himself. Paul contends that no one can plead ignorance of God, for He has provided sufficient evidence concerning His existence. He reveals Himself to humanity in three ways:

(1) By speaking to the conscience of every individual (Rom. 2:15; compare JN 1:9).

(2) Through the works of creation (Rom. 1:20).

(3) Through the scriptures which present the Person and work of Christ (John 5:39).

God has dealt with the sin problem through Jesus Christ. Christ died for the sins of all mankind (1 John. 2:2). But His wrath will fall upon the ungodly because they are unwilling to acknowledge Him as their Creator. You don't believe this? CM

Bill, you have inadvertently missed this last question? What says ye? CM

• C Mc
    edited November 2019

Bill, Your response is important to my understanding of your position on the subject matter. CM

• C Mc

Given the OP, too many in the anti-trinitarian camp will reject Jesus, as God, before considering all that the inspired writers have written in the Bible (OT/NT). Hence, the multitude of anti-trinitarian spewing their human reasoning and warmed-over heresies. A person’s faithfulness to the rules of hermeneutics, uncontaminated by human philosophical presuppositions (paradigms or worldviews), is the only way for light to enter their darkened minds. 

Let me be clear, anti-trinitarian are not ignorant people. They are exposed to the same information (biblical manuscripts). The difference is that their presuppositions are different. 

These presuppositions are not only of the head but of the heart. Presuppositions cause most people to see what they want to see. Thus, they overlook the total range of what the Bible writers have written on the trinity. They control the mind in what it wants to see, and the heart in what it wants to believe.

“Conscious or unconscious paradigms, or presuppositions, create intellectual grids that have blinded men and women since the first days this side of the Garden of Eden. Cain had his standard, into which his thinking must fit, and Abel had his. Copernicus and Galileo had to contend with the bitter atmosphere of hostile presuppositions among scholars in their day. Jesus and faithful believers have weathered rejection because the truth did not fit the expectations (the paradigms) of their contemporaries.”

If anti-trinitarian would examine all that the Bible has said on the subject matter, a new experience will be had. Let us humble ourselves and receive God, who made us, redeem us, and sustain us – Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. CM

• Given the OP, too many in the anti-trinitarian camp will reject Jesus, as God, before considering all that the inspired writers have written in the Bible (OT/NT). Hence, the multitude of anti-trinitarian spewing their human reasoning and warmed-over heresies. A person’s faithfulness to the rules of hermeneutics, uncontaminated by human philosophical presuppositions (paradigms or worldviews), is the only way for light to enter their darkened minds.

Seems more like you are describing yourself and other trinitarian believers ...

Just recently, when many scriptures from gospel records were listed here in several posts by @Bill_Coley , it was the trinity adherents, the trinitarians, who refused to engage with the biblical texts provided. And when someone did, he spewed his human reasoning warmed over creed heresy out .... and apparently was unable to notice that the verses he listed did actually support the non-trinitarian truth.

If anti-trinitarian would examine all that the Bible has said on the subject matter, a new experience will be had. Let us humble ourselves and receive God, who made us, redeem us, and sustain us – Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. CM

Have a look in the mirror, @C_M_ ... you are describing your own position, but since you do not want to engage with "all that the Bible has said" and instead repeat nothing but creed claims and creed statements, it is doubtful you will take up your own suggestion which would indeed provide opportunity for you to know and experience the Biblical truth of God, the Father, and His only begotten Son, Messiah Jesus, and His power and gift holy spirit.

• C Mc

Thanks for your response. I wonder what Bill thinks? Do you represent his thoughts in your last post? I guess I will never know. CM